I'M ALREADY A FATHER!

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“This new period is an intense one. Never will we know such responsibility, such productive and hard work, such potential for isolation in the caretaking role and such intimacy and close involvement in the growth and development of another human being. A new baby is like the beginning of all things, hope, and dream of possibilities”

As time passes by, reality kisses you passionately and tells you “Hey man! You’ll be adding another woman in your life soon”. I really can’t point out what I’m feeling. It’s all mixed up and it’s driving me nuts. I’m telling you, there are times when I look at my wife and her big baby bump then cry. I don’t know, but the fact that she’s carrying our child hasn’t sunk in to me yet up until now and it still amazes me. We’re only counting the days and if you can only feel what I’m feeling, you’ll definitely go bananas!

Ishi and I have been preparing for the arrival of our daughter all this time and it was pretty intense. My wife has stopped working right after her series filming ended, giving her a lot of free time which means, double the craziness.

I don’t know, but for the past three months, she’s been moving here and there, going from point A to point B like she’s not carrying a baby at all. Oh well, it’s better to see her so active than see her bum around on the couch and do nothing. I’m in tight guard all those times and it’s pretty tiring for I’m juggling work and my husband duties all at the same time. I guess, this is what I signed in for coz I know that the moment I gave her my last name, my responsibilities and duties will double, if not, triple. I’m happy though.

“Oh! You’re already here!” Teddy hyung said the moment I entered the studio.

“Yes hyung…at last!” I said and plopped myself on the couch.

“Aigoo…where have you been?” Youngbae asked.

“I accompanied Ishi to her Yoga class and then dropped her off to Omma and Appa’s house” I answered.

“That’s a long drive” he said and I sighed heavily.

“It really is” I agreed.

“You’re really dedicated in this…huh? You just can’t stop doing husband duties even for a while” Teddy hyung looked at me and I just closed my eyes and rest my head back.

“Hyung…he looks happy with what he’s doing…not only that…Ishi is loving him more because she can see his determination” TOP hyung said and hearing him say this made me smile.

“I see…yaaa…Jiyong-ah….she’s on her last month now…right?” Teddy hyung asked and I sighed.

Whenever I’m reminded of Ishi giving birth soon, my whole being gets shaken and my heart jumps in excitement. I’ve waited for this time to come and now that it’s getting near already, all I can feel is happiness and bliss.

“Yes hyung…we’re only counting days I guess” I answered and they gasped in shock.

“Aigoo…and she’s still doing Yoga?” Teddy hyung asked and I gave him a nod.

“Seriously Jiyong…you should make her stop already…I mean…she should just rest at home and wait for the big day” TOP hyung said and I looked at him as if saying “good luck”.

“Hyung…you know Ishi….she’s not the type of girl who will stay in the house doing nothing…she’d rather roam around the mall with her big and heavy baby bump than bum around” I told him and he sighed.

“Wait…has she had herself checked already? Isn’t Athena breached during her last check up?” Youngbae asked and I nod my head.

“We already went to the doctor yesterday…Athena has turned and is now in a good position again…all we can do is pray for her to not turn again coz if that happens…Ishi will not get the water birth that she’s eyeing for” I answered and the three looked at me as if I just said the strangest thing of all.

Well, our daughter was breached months ago and the doctor told us that we have to make her turn. It might sound crazy but it’s true. Ishi has to do some exercises just to make our baby go back to her normal position again. Of course, my wife brought things to another level and researched about different ways to not have the baby breached again but instead of finding a solution to that problem, she found a new way of giving birth, which made my head spin.

“Oppa” she called and I pulled her down to my lap.

“What is it?” I asked and she looked at me with this tricky smile on her face.

“What’s going on in that head of yours?” I asked suspiciously and she grinned.

“C’mon…spit it out” I told her and she took a deep breath.

“mmm…I’ve told you about water birth before…right?” she started and I nod my head.

“What about it?” I asked, my curiosity building up.

“They say that it’s quite fun” she said and from there, I already know where our conversation is going to.

“Alright” I said and she sighed.

“Oppa…I want to have a water birth…there’s nothing to worry about for I’ve asked my doctor already and she told me that it’s perfectly safe” she said and I just stared at her in disbelief.

Once again, I was put in a situation wherein I can’t say no. This isn’t her manipulating me, this is her asking if she can do something that she really wants.

“Are you going to push this till the end or if I say no you’re going to stop it already?” I asked and she gave out a pout.

“Oppa…I know that it’s not your typical birth or something…but…it’s safe and it’s one of a kind…most women do it already…and I’m telling you…it’s gonna be one heck of a delivery” she told me and I just looked straight into her eyes.

In the end, I gave in. I don’t know, but after listening to her explanations, I was convinced. Oh well, I trust Ishi and our doctor, so it’s all good.

Recording and rehearsing can really give you a massive headache. Not only that, you also have to do a lot of things once you get home. It’s pretty tiring and totally exhausting, but I know that at the end of all this, it’s worth it.

“Hyung…you told us that you’re going to show us your dream house...why is it up until now you haven’t brought us there yet?” Daesung asked while we’re on a break.

“Aigoo…I’ll bring you there once it’s all done” I told him.

“Will it be done on time?” Youngbae asked and I sighed.

“As a matter of fact, it won’t…turns out…there are still a lot of things to finish…the playground is still undone and Athena’s nursery still needs some changes as well…I don’t think I can show the house to Ishi in time for her baby shower” I answered.

Eight months ago, Dami-noona and I were talking about my plans after Ishi gave birth. I told her that I don’t have any plans yet for I’m still grasping reality. Then all of a sudden, she told me that it’s gonna be so nice if I buy my wife and daughter a house for our apartment is not that child friendly at all.

After days of thinking, I just found myself house hunting with Noona and Omma in tow. They are the ones telling me what to consider and not. And then after a few houses, I saw this wonderful house that is so spacious. I suddenly pictured my daughter running here and there.

“Are you

Please log in to read the full chapter