NEW SLATE

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility”

“Oppa” there she is. The moment I heard her voice, my body suddenly felt stronger.

I forced myself to sit but Omma and Noona pushed me back down “Don’t force yourself too much” her hand touched my chest and that’s when I started crying.

My vision that is blurry awhile ago seems to brighten. I looked at her and raised my weak arm to caress her face “Hey there beautiful” I said and she gave me a small smile.

She held my hand and kissed it. Her tears are unstoppable “Don’t cry…I’m still alive” I told her and she cried harder.

“Yeah….thank goodness you are” she stared at me for a few seconds then hugged me tightly.

“Don’t ever do that again….I’m sorry….I know that I should’ve listened to you….I should’ve tried patching it up with you…alone...this is all my fau – “

I pulled her away from me gently then cupped her face “It’s all good….it’s not your fault or anything…I’m the one who is supposed to be saying sorry coz I should’ve controlled my anger….baby….I’m sorry…what I said that night isn’t true at all…you’re the only –“

I wasn’t able to finish for she crushed her lips to mine all of a sudden. My innards started to flip and my heart, together with my soul started rejoicing. I’ve never held and kissed her for a week and I’m telling you, I missed it very much.

“Aigoo…you bit my lip” I my lower lip and she kissed me again.

We are not the only people in the room, but the moment I saw her, everyone vanished. All I can see is her.

“You’ve never lip bite since forever” I told her and she chuckled.

“Oh yeah?” she bit her own lip and I must say, it really “I wonder why?” she asked and I giggled.

When we were still dating, Ishi has this habit of biting whenever we’re kissing. According to her, she only does that whenever she’s carried away. But after getting married, her lip biting mania suddenly disappeared and now, it’s back once again.

“Aigoo” Omma my hair and bent down to kiss my forehead.

“We’ve got a lot of apologizing to do son” she said and I touched her arm and hugged it.

“There’s no need for that Omma…I can understand you and Appa….I know that you just did that because you want to teach me a lesson” I told her and she shook her head.

“Yes...that’s true….but still…we’ve gone way too far” she looked deep into my eyes and smiled.

I must admit, my parents really shocked me with their actions and decisions a week ago. I’m not expecting them to react that much. Things got twisted because nobody wants to listen to me, but I cannot blame them for the issue is too sensitive and I’ve got no reasons to prove that I’m not cheating, while Ishi has misunderstood everything when we’re in the club. I swore to myself that from that night onwards, I will distance myself from girls already. I will still treat them the same, I’m still gonna make friends with them, but I will not sit and talk that close, and most importantly, I will explain things to my wife right away if she ever catch me in that situation again. But if there’s one thing that I’ve learned in this crazy problem, it is to not get your anger take over you coz it’ll really screw things up for sure.

My doctor checked me for I don’t know how long and even though I don’t want to part with my wife, she has to step back and watch whatever is being done to me.

“He’s stable now” the doctor said to Ishi, Omma and Noona “Jiyong is really lucky coz there are some people who did the same thing but don’t make it” the moment Ishi heard this, she looked at me with teary eyes.

“All he needs is rest and he can go home tomorrow or the next day already”

I’m so thankful for nothing serious happened to me. Actually, I didn’t even know that it will result to this for all I want awhile ago is to go back to sleep.

“Be honest with me” Noona said and I looked at her, waiting for her to continue “Why did you do that?” she asked and I rolled my eyes at her.

As expected, everybody will think that I attempted suicide. I just wish that this time, they will believe whatever I say “Aigoo…Noona…I drank three tablets because I thought the dosage of the pill isn’t high at all…I just want to go back to sleep that time…it’s not a suicide thing” I answered and Ishi just stared at me with a blank expression on her face.

“Hey baby” I held her hand and looked at her intently “What is it? You seem to be in deep thoughts” I kissed her hand and she sighed heavily.

“Oppa…next time…stay away from my sleeping pills” this cracked me up for reasons I know not. Well, yes. The sleeping pills that I took are hers and I swear to God, I will not touch it ever again.

“I can see that you’re very scared” I teased. I’m trying to lighten up the mood for my three girls are really serious and the whole room seems dull.

“Who wouldn’t be scared…huh? What will I do if you didn’t wake up anymore?” Ishi is mad and I really find it cute for this just show that she’s really afraid to lose me.

In one way or another, this whole drug overdose thing is somewhat good for it became a way for me and my wife to be good again. If it weren’t for this, we’ll still be in a no talk, no show game. I guess this also made her realize how important I am.

I don’t know, but none of them are bringing up the issue anymore. They just apologized for not listening to my explanations and that’s it. I don’t even know who convinced them that what I was saying was true. Oh well, it doesn’t matter to me anymore. What’s important is I’m alive and I’m in good terms with my wife again.

Hours passed by and I’m feeling much better already. I’m not that weak anymore and I can sit up as well. Eating is a bit hard for me though, because I really hate hospital food and hospitals in general. All I want now is to go home.

“Baby…where’s Athena?” I asked.

“She was here awhile ago…thing is…she can’t stop from crying because she’s so afraid that you won’t wake up anymore…so…the boys decided to bring her somewhere fun” she answered and I chuckled.

“Aigoo…that girl overthinks too much….she’s so much like you” I teased and she looked at me with narrow eyes.

After that, Ishi and I just stared at each other. It’s like we’re talking with our eyes only. Tears started falling from her eyes after some time and it made me curious as to what’s on her mind.

Omma and Noona left the two of us to buy food for I don’t want to taste the food that the hospital prepared for me. It’s just saddening for Appa isn’t here. I know that he’s still angry and maybe it doubled now because this happened. I have a feeling that like the others, he is thinking that I’ve attempted suicide and in my father’s book, that’s really unforgivable.

This is a good time for Ishi and me to talk but even though there’s a lot to talk about, my mind went blank and all of a sudden, I don’t know what to say anymore.

 “Baby” I lifted myself then patted the space beside me.

She walked to me and sat beside me. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me “I’m sorry” I said then kissed her shoulder.

Ishi looked at me, her eyes glistening “There’s nothing

Please log in to read the full chapter