RELEASED!

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Long since, the desert wind wiped away our footprints in the sand. But at every second of my existence, I remember what happened, and you still walk in my dreams and in my reality”

“Oppa…Oppa….wake up”

“Yaaa….Mr. Kwon…wake up now…you’re already late”

I can hear her loud and clear, her lips are so close to my ear with her breath tickling me.

“RIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!”

“OH!” I sat up right away in shock.

So, everything was just a dream. Yeah. It’s just a dream coz I was still here in our barracks, sandwiched between two men while in my uniform. I cannot believe that I was able to last this.

“Private Kwon…you lead the pack” our officer said in his usual scary tone.

Honestly, being a soldier or even a policeman has never entered my mind before when I was a kid. I can still remember when I was around seven or eight years old, whenever Omma’s friends would ask me what I want to be when I grow up, I’d always answer them that I want to be a dancer and that changed into a singer as I get older.

We had our morning run and I was the one leading it. I admit, I’m not the strongest and healthiest person in our platoon, but I’m proud to say that I was able to take all the intense activities here even if it almost killed me already. Of course, I don’t want to bring the Kwon clan down, so I have to work doubly hard and endure whatever we do here.

Jogging early in the morning while chanting is really hard and even though I miss singing already, this is really different for our chants are still connected with the military when all I want is to sing hip hop.

“Aigoo…my feet hurts” Youngbae, who is in the same platoon with me said.

“I’m already dying” I said while panting like crazy.

Youngbae and I are lucky for we’re together in one group. This is one advantage when you’re both the same age for there are big chances that you’ll be in one platoon together. Actually, the other members are also in the military as well. TOP hyung is also with us here in the Navy, but is not in the same group as ours for he’s older than us. The maknaes, Seungri and Daesung are part of the Air force and is in another camp. This is shocking, right? All five Big Bang members has been in the army for almost two years now and has set aside performing first for military duties. Truth is, TOP hyung is the only one who is supposed to be here, but the rest of us have decided to enter the military as well even before our enlistments. This is really a big leap because our group has left no one in the entertainment industry to remind the people that there’s this band called Big Bang. Our fear when we first entered here is once we get out, our fans are no longer there, but we know that there’s nothing to fear for VIPs will still be VIPs. As a matter of fact, we’ve been feeling their love even if we’re here coz we’ve been receiving a lot of gifts and encouraging letters from them. Yes, this military duty is a drag to me and the members, but this just showed how much we love our group. We entered this together, and we’ll go out of here together, manlier, tougher and more mature.

“Here we go again” Youngbae said when we’re about to head to the shower.

It’s been a year and eight months already and Youngbae is still awkward in showering with the rest of the cadets. Yes, we shower all at the same time, and we don’t care about it at all. Well, I don’t care at all for I’ve got what these men also got and there’s nothing to be shocked about.

“I’m itching to go home already” Youngbae said while we’re showering.

“I know…me too” I flinched the moment the cold water hit my skin.

“We’re only counting the days Ji” he said and I sighed heavily.

Yes, we are only counting the days, but for me two years seems like a century for I’m missing my wife so badly already. I know, it really to leave her alone, knowing that we’re just newlyweds. But then again, duty calls and this is what my country asks of me.

Being left with only my thoughts is really not a big help for I’m missing the outside world more, most especially my wife. As a matter of fact, she’s the one giving me strength to continue this hard training for whenever there’s an activity that I feel like I can’t do or our platoon is given a punishment, I’ll always remind myself of the things that we’ve done all throughout the years. It sounds girly, but it’s true. Actually, all of us are doing that. We’re replacing all the hardships and stress with good memories and it never failed us even once.

And my day as a soldier went on. I’m with other cadets while doing rounds. We’re good lookouts for we’ve been doing this since day one. I’m all good with this though for all I need to do is walk around and be awake till the wee hours of the night.

“Aigoo…Private Kwon…listen to this” my fellow cadet sat beside me with a radio in his hand.

“OMO! It’s Ishi” I said upon hearing my wife’s voice.

“Yeah…this is live” he said and I feel like crying already.

It seems like my wife is really working so hard these days. I’m telling you, she’s so big now to the point that there’ll be days wherein I’ll hear her songs and radio interviews all the time. There was even a time when a radio show played her songs all throughout bringing me to bliss and that moment is really heavenly to me.

Ishi has made a name for herself already and I’m so proud of her. She’s hitting the charts like crazy here and abroad, and according to her last letter to me, there are plans of her having a world tour. As much as I don’t want her to go all out coz it’s going to tire her for sure, I can’t do anything for being busy and focusing on her work is the only way for her to forget about me even just for a while.

“So…it was said that you’re up for an EMA nomination…is that true?”

“Well…yeah…

Please log in to read the full chapter