Interruptions

Smile For Me

2AM - I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me

---------------------------------------------

 

L thought he heard movement and slowly opened his eyes. He saw your hand still in his but it was held tighter. He blinked and saw someone watching him in the corner of his eyes. He slowly looked up and his eyes widened, in both shock and surprise. He couldn't believe it, you were there staring right at him. Your beautiful eyes staring at him.

"~~~~~~.. you're awake" he was smiling widely and had happy tears in his eyes. He sat up and hugged you tightly.

Now it was your time for your eyes to widened at the contact. "I missed you so much!! I knew that kiss would work!!' L said.

Your eyes became wider at what he just said. "K-Kiss?" you stuttered.

L pulled back and looked into your eyes. You felt your cheeks burning and looked away, "Y-Yah don't look at me like that" you were embarrassed.

L chuckled and sat back down. Oh how he missed your blushing and shy self, "I missed seeing you like this" he confessed. You turned your head to face him, surprised at what he just said. "W-What?" you asked.

"I just want to say something that I've kept from you" he started. You were waiting for what he was going to say next. He cleared his throat, "Actually I never realised it until you were taken from me.." he looked into your eyes and felt his heart beating, not fast but with love for you.

You blinked back, wondering why he was intensely staring at you. [Why does he keep staring at me like this?]. You swallowed hard, feeling both nervous and anxious at what he was going to tell you next.

He opened his mouth slightly, "~~~~~~". You nodded, "Yeah?" you managed to say. L held onto your hand tightly, "I..".

At that moment, your door opened and a nurse walked in, to check up on you. She stopped when she saw that you had woken up, "Miss Lee, you woke up. I'll call the doctor right away" she walked out the room to tell the doctor.

You turned back to L, "Myungsoo oppa, what was it you wanted to tell me?" you asked, still curious at what he was going to tell you.

L was growing shy and embarrassed but he tried his hardest not to show it. He tried to breathe evenly and normally. He looked at you and smiled, "I wanted to tell you-".

"Oh Miss Lee, you really have woken up" the doctor said. You and L looked towards the door to see the doctor walking towards you. L turned his head and cursed underneath his breath, you heard what he said and lightly chuckled. As the doctor walked closer to you, you looked down to see that your hand was still intertwined with L and you quickly pulled away, feeling shy.

L noticed and though he should feel sad that you did that but he didn't. [I don't know I missed seeing her like this].

The doctor checked your heart monitor and placed a small flashlight in front of you, "Follow the light with your eyes" he moved the light left to right and your eyes followed the movement of the light fluidly. "You seem to be fine. Let's just get you checked up" he looked at L, "May you please stand outside" he said.

You looked at L, "Oppa, I'm fine.. Just go home, you have school today right?" you asked. He looked at the calendar on the wall and shook his head, "It's Saturday.. I'll go home and come right back" he said. You nodded and he left.

----------------------

L rushed home, changed his clothes and ran downstairs. He quickly ran out of his house and called Infinite, telling them that you had woken up. He stopped by your house and decided to tell your parents and Byunghun the good news. He took out his phone and dialed in Byunghun's number.

"Oh what's up hyung?" Byunghun's voice sounded like he just woke up.

L shook his head at this sleepy head, "I have good news, ~~~~~~ has woken up!!" there was excitement in his voice.

He could hear Byunghun stumbling to the ground, "REALLY?! I'm telling umma and appa" he quickly hung up and ran downstairs to tell them the good news.

L stood outside and smiled, he checked his watch to see the time and quickly ran to the hospital.

You were at the hospital, getting checked up by the doctor. He told you to walk but when you took a step forward, your wound started hurting. You held onto your wound and cinched your nose at the pain.

"Are you alright?" the doctor asked. He saw you holding onto your wound, "Does it hurt when you walk?". You nodded. The doctor sighed, "I guess you have to sit on a wheelchair for the time being" he said.

You looked at him, with a shock expression, "A wheelchair?" at the word you were growing scared. He nodded. "But it's only for the mean time right? I mean I'll be able to walk normally like before?" you asked, your heart beating anxiously.

The doctor nodded and you sighed in relief. "The wound is still new so it's normal for it to hurt like this when you walk. It's nothing serious, we just need the wound to heal more and after that you can walk perfectly normal again" he explained. "Ah here comes the nurse with your wheelchair". The nurse came in rolling the wheelchair.

She rolled it near you and helped you sit down on it. You sat down and looked around the room at your perspective right now. [I'm not use to being like this].

The doctor noticed your bewildered expression, "Don't worry, you'll get used to it" he said. You nodded and the nurse rolled you back to your room.

L came running through the hospital double door and ran upstairs to your room. He stopped running when he saw you sitting on a wheelchair. His heart was beating fast, full of nervousness. [She's sitting on a wheelchair.. why?]. He slowly walked over to you.

You looked up and saw L walking towards you. "Oh oppa" you said. The nurse stopped walking and slightly bowed to L, "I guess I'll leave you two alone" she bowed again and walked off.

L bent down in front of you and looked at the wheelchair up close, "Why are you in a wheelchair? Don't tell me.." he looked at you, "You can't walk.." he didn't want it to be real.

"Aniyo, I'm not going to be in this wheelchair forever. It's just temporary" you explained. L sighed in relief, "You scared me by sitting on this" he looked at the wheelchair. You chuckled, "Why are you caring about me so much all of a sudden?" you asked, curious.

L looked at you and smiled, "I really want to tell you something" you were listening to what he had to say. "~~~~~ I-".

"~~~~~~~!!!!". You looked behind L and saw Infinite. You beamed, "OPPA!!" you exclaimed excitedly. They all ran up to you and L stood up, a bit annoyed that he kept getting interrupted. Woohyun stopped running and saw you in a wheelchair, "Mwuh? Why are you in a wheelchair?" he asked.

"Because she can't walk" L said, with a serious face. You gave him a look and hit his arm lightly, "Oppa!! Don't joke. Woohyun oppa, I'm fine, it's just temporarily" you smiled sweetly. Woohyun sighed in relief and gave L a glare, "It's not good to play with people's feelings" he shot. L shrugged and chuckled.

Sungjong came up to you, "~~~~~ did you see my lollies I gave you?" he asked. You nodded, "But I can't eat it all.. do you want to share it with me?". He beamed and eagerly nodded, "Let's go eat them!!" he pumped his fist up and walked around to push the wheelchair. L held out his hand, "Let me" he offered. Sungjong nodded and let L push you.

-------------------------

You were lying in bed with Infinite surrounding you. Sungjong gave you a lolly, "Here you go ~~~~~~" he said. You smiled, took it and placed it inside your mouth.

"I'm so glad that you finally woke up!!" Sunggyu said. You looked at him, "How long was I sleeping?" you asked, a bit curious. Woohyun thought for a moment, "I think about.. 2 weeks or so" he said. Your eyes widened at the time frame, "That's long?!".

Everyone nodded, "Yep that long".

You leaned back on your pillow and then Beast, Byunghun and your  parent's showed up.

"~~~~~" they called. You smiled and waved them over. They all came over and Infinite stepped back so that you could talk to them.

"You finally woken up!!" Yoseob patted your head. You smiled and nodded, "I'm glad to wake up as well" you said. Kikwang walked over to you, "You sleeping beauty" he chuckled.

"Noona!! You're awake" Byunghun said, nicely. You gave him a look, "You're acting very nice" you eyed him suspiciously. Byunghun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "Why can't I be nice to you?" he asked. You chuckled, "I prefer the old Byunghun" you confessed. Byunghun nodded, "Gotcha pig". The two of you laughed.

Beast, Byunghun and your parents talked to you for a while. Then it was time for them to go home. They waved goodbye to you and left. Yoseob looked back at you and had a smile on his face. [Glad to see you smiling again ~~~~~~].

Infinite walked over to you. Woohyun sat next to you, "Did L tell you already?" he asked. You gave him a weird look, "Tell me what?" you asked, looking at L, trying to get an answer from both of them. Woohyun looked at L, tilting his head, "You haven't told her yet?" he asked.

L looked away, "I was going to tell her but.. stupid interruptions" he muttered the last part. Infinite all looked at each other and smiled widely.

Sunggyu snapped his fingers, "Ah I'm thirsty, let's go buy something Sungjong!!" he dragged Sungjong and motioned everyone to follow him. They all nodded, "We're going also" Dongwoo said and walked out of the room with the others. Woohyun stood up, "I'm thirsty as well" he said and walked out.

L looked at them and shook his head. [Yeah not making it seem suspicious..]. He looked over at you and saw you staring at him with a 'what the hell happened' look. He coughed awkwardly. [I never thought it was going to be this hard].

"What is it you want to tell me?" you asked.