My Best Friend

Smile For Me

Shinhwa - Hurts

----------------------------------------------------

 

It's been a week since Beast has came back and soon it was summer break. Beast decided to invite you and your friends to their beach house.

You were packing your clothes and finally zipped up your suitcase and rolled it down stairs. Yoseob was waiting for you outside and you waved everyone in the house goodbye. "I'll be back in one week" you said and left the house.

While riding the car with Yoseob, the two of you were quiet. You stared out the window, thinking deeply. [Should I tell Yoseob about my feelings towards L? I mean he'll understand more than the teddy bear]. You glanced over at Yoseob who was staring out his window. You lightly sighed and turned around.

Yoseob was staring out the window, thinking about how to tell you about his feelings. [Is it the right time? I mean I've been keeping it in since forever]. He glanced over at you and was about to tap your shoulder but retreated his arm before it got too far. [Not now.. later]. He then looked back the other way.

Before you knew it, the two of you arrived at the beach. You were sleeping and had your head tilted over to the window side.

Yoseob unlocked his seat belt and turned to you, "~~~~~ we-" he saw you sleeping soundly. He lightly touched your cheeks and your eyes started twitching. He immediately retreated and sat back in his normal position. He cleared his throat, "Um.. we're here" he announced.

You slowly opened your eyes to see the beach and you looked over to Yoseob who was smiling down at you. "Oh, we are here" you straightened up and stretched. "Mmmm let's go" you opened the door and walked out.

The other members finally started to come and soon Soomin, Mina and Heejin were already at the beach hanging out with you and Beast.

You sat down on the sand and was talking to Soomin, Heejin and Mina while Beast was fooling around in the water.

"AHHH~ I can't believe that it's Summer break" Soomin laid down onto the soft sand and stared into the sky.

Heejin chuckled. "Now we're at the beach with Beast" she clapped her hands excitedly. Mina nodded, agreeing. "Well if someone else was here than ~~~~~ would be happier" she nudged you.

"Yah!! I'm already happy" you looked away, because you knew who she was talking about.

Soomin sat up, "Oh speaking of the devil.. their here" she pointed right. Everyone of you looked at where she was pointing and all of you gasped. "It's Infinite!!" Mina and Heejin both said.

They saw you and waved. You looked away slightly and slowly waved back at them. They came over to you, "~~~~ can't believe we actually came to the same beach" Sunggyu sat next to you. "So what's up?".

You blinked at him, thinking of what he was doing next to you. "Nothing.. just hanging out on the beach" you looked around. [It's pretty obvious].

Sunggyu nodded and saw Beast playing in the water. "You came with them?" he pointed to Beast. You looked at who he was pointing at and nodded, "Yeah they invited me out here" you said.

Hoya tugged onto Sunggyu's shirt, "Hyung let's go" he said. Sunggyu nodded and stood up, "Well I guess we'll see each other again" he said and waved. You waved back and they all walked past you. You looked up and saw L, he looked down at you and slightly waved. Your eyes rounded at the wave. You shyly smiled and waved back. Mina nudged you which made you blush even more.

Infinite then walked off and after a while Beast came over to you. "Let's eat" Kikwang said. All of you nodded and the 10 of you walked off the beach to head to a small restaurant.

------------------------

Night time had fallen and everyone was at Beast's beach house. The four of you girls shared a room and you were lying next to Soomin at the edge. You stared up at the ceiling and wondered your eyes around. You sat up and looked over at the other three girls who were off to dreamland. 

"Gosh these girls.." you whispered. [And I thought they would sleep late since it's break time]. You shook your head and flipped your blanket off your body and started to walk to the door.

You were outside, walking on the sand and letting the sea breeze calm and relax you.

"Why are you out here alone?". You stopped walking and a smile grew on your face. You turned around, "Myung-" you saw Yoseob standing in front of you with a confused expression. "Oh it's oppa" you let out a nervous chuckle.

Yoseob furrowed his eyebrows together. [Was she about to say Myungsoo?]. He cleared his throat, "Yah it's me. Who did you thought I was?" he was wondering if you would tell.

You shook your head, "On no one. You just surprised me a bit" you said. He slowly nodded, "Okay".

There was a hint of silence between the two of you. You turned around to start walking, "Come oppa, let's walk around for a while" you said without turning back. Yoseob stared at you walking away and ran up to catch up to you.

The two of you were walking down the back and you looked around to see if you could spot L anywhere. [Why am I searching for him? He wouldn't be wandering around at this hour].

Yoseob was following behind you and was deep in thought. [Should I tell her now? Is it the right time?]. He was debating in his head if he should or not and when he looked up at you, his heart was beating fast. He finally made up his decision. "~~~~~" he stared. You turned around, "What is it?" you asked.

------------------------

The two of you were now sitting down on a bench staring at the beach. You looked over at Yoseob who was staring blankly in the front. You waved your hands in front of him, "Are you alright oppa?" you asked. He snapped out of his daze and looked over at you, "Huh?".

"You seem to be out of it lately. What are you thinking about?" you asked. Yoseob shook his head, "Was just thinking.." he said. You nodded and the two of you were silent again.

"Umm" the two of you said. You looked over at Yoseob and giggled, "You first oppa" you said. Yoseob shook his head, "No you go first. I think mine's not that important" he said.

You nodded. "Well.. I've been meaning to tell you something since you came back.." you started. Yoseob was interested in what you were going to say. "Since you left to Japan, I've been.." you breathed in and out evenly to calm yourself down.

"You've been what?" Yoseob asked. You looked over at Yoseob and shyly smiled, "I've been developing feelings for someone" you said. Yoseob's head shot up and turned to you, "What? Really?" his voice sounded a bit excited. You nodded, "It's a surprise for me too. I thought that I would never fall for someone like him.." you smiled.

Yoseob turned away from you and smiled to himself. [I think this is going easier than I thought it would]. You turned to him, "You've met him before as well.. but I'm sorry I didn't tell you this sooner.." you apologised. Yoseob shook his head, "It's alright, at least your telling me this now" he smiled. You looked over at him, "Thanks for understanding oppa" you touched his hand and squeezed it gently.

"So who is this lucky person?" he was eager for you to tell him. He looked over at you to see you smiling shyly and chuckling to yourself.

"It's.. Myungsoo" you smiled widely. Yoseob's smile fell and he looked over to you, both shocked and hurt, "What?" he asked. You looked at him, "It's Myungsoo oppa.. L from Infinite. I like Myungsoo oppa" you announced. Yoseob turned the other way, not wanting you to see his face. [And I thought that she was going to say my name]. He was disappointed and embarrassed for ever thinking that you would like him.

"What about you oppa? What were you going to say?" you asked him. He turned to you, "Oh.. I was going to say that.." he paused, "I also like someone as well". You gasped, "Who is it?".

He looked over at you, "Someone you know as well. I've actually liked this person for a long time" he admitted. You nodded, "Well then you should tell her you like her" you said. Yoseob looked at you. [I've already told that person, but she doesn't know it's her]. He smiled and patted your head, "I think she already knows". You pouted, "Hmm I want to know this person" you tapped your chin thinking.

Yoseob smiled, "One day you'll know" he said. [Maybe I should wait a bit longer]. He turned away and looked out into the sea.

"Yoseob, you're my beast friend so that's why I'm telling you this" you turned to him, "So shhh" you placed your finger to your lips. "The other members don't know about this, so can you keep this a secret between you and me?" you pleaded, innocently. Yoseob looked at you and silently nodded. "Thanks oppa!! You're the greatest friend" you hugged him.

[Friends? Is that all I'm to you ~~~~~?]. Yoseob's heart fell, he felt like he was suffocating. He couldn't stand the feeling of being your friend only.

You pulled back and smiled sweetly at him, "Let's go back in, it's getting late" you stood up and held your hand out. He looked down at your hand and stood up by himself, "Let's go" he walked off first. You pulled your hand back and followed him.

------------------------

Yoseob was lying in his bed, still can't sleep. He laid on his back and stared at the ceiling. 'I like Myungsoo oppa'. This kept playing inside his head. A tear rolled down his eye. [I'm only her best friend.. that's all she sees me as, nothing else].