Taking The Blame

Smile For Me

Orange Caramel - Love Does Not Wait

---------------------------------------

 

Morning came and the 8 of you were walking, finding a way back to the camping site. You could feel your legs weakening, so you stopped walking and looked in front to see Infinite talking amongst each other. You straightened up and notice one person was missing. You looked around and then L appeared beside you. You jumped back at the sudden appearance.

"You scared me for a bit" you patted your beating chest. He looked at you, "Okay" was all he said and walked off. You looked at the back of him, "Do you ever talk much?" you asked yourself. You shrugged and continued to follow him.

All of you reached a pathway and you saw that there was a hill a head. You sighed, "Do we have to climb that? It's so steep!" you whined. Your legs were hurting from all of the walking, so you lightly patted the sore parts.

Sunggyu turned to you, "If you don't want to walk up there than stay here". He began to take steps up the hill.

You crossed your arms and frowned, "I didn't mean it that way" you glared at him. [I thought he would offer me a piggy back ride]. You looked at the hill again, "AISH!!" you lightly stomped your feet and followed them.

The 8 of you were walking up the hill and you grabbed hold onto a tree branch bit it broke off and you fell backwards. "AHHH!!" you screamed. You closed your eyes and felt big arms around your waist. You opened your eyes to see L staring at you. Your eyes widened at the closeness and quickly got out of his arms. You straightened yourself and cleared your throat, "Thanks" you said and quickly walked a head of him.

He tilted his head, confused at why you were like that. He shrugged and continued to walk behind you.

After reaching the top of the hill, you stretched, "FINALLY!!" you jumped up and down. Dongwoo cleared his throat. You looked at him, "What?" you asked. He pointed to the top and you spun around to see that there was another steep hill. Your eyes bulged out, "WHAT?!" you shouted, angrily.

Infinite shook their head at your dumbness. [How can someone be so dumb like her?]. They continued to walk up without another word. You were the last one to walk up the hill. You crossed your arms and followed them. [There better not be another hill after this or I'm really going to quit].

You were half way up the hill and you stopped, panting hard. "C-Can.. we.. just rest?" you were running out of breath.

Infinite stopped walking and looked back at the tired you. Dongwoo shook his head, "Yah!! Hurry up or we won't be able to make it back to camp in time" he said. You glared at him, "Aren't you going to offer any help here?" I'm dying!!" you shot. He sighed heavily and turned around to walk up the hill, ignoring you.

"H-HEY!!" you shouted, but he still kept walking. You let out a frustrated sigh and continued to walk up the hill. Infinite all looked at you and gave you a weird look. [What a weirdo].

When you reached the top, you saw the camp site and your eyes widened in excitement. [YES WE MADE IT!!]. You quickly ran to the gate and opened it. You saw Soomin and Heejin standing on the balcony in front of your room and you waved to them. Their heads shot up when they saw you. "~~~~~?" they whispered.

You waved widely at them, "SOOMIN, HEEJIN!!" you shouted excitedly.

Their faces lit up and they ran down to see you. They reached you and hugged you tightly. "~~~~~~ I can't believe that you're here!!" Heejin said as she gave you a massive bear hug.

Soomin was getting teary, "I thought we lost you" she hugged you. You hugged her back, "I'm back!! I thought I wasn't able to see you" you said.

The three of you jumped up and down in excitement. Infinite reached the top and saw the happy scene. They looked at you and saw how happy you were. [I've never seen her this happy before]. They all thought the same.

Just then the teacher came walking up the 10 of you. You stopped celebrating with Soomin and Heejin and turned to face the teacher. You bowed, "I'm sorry teacher!! I will never do that again" you apologised. You straightened up and was ready to get yelled at.

"LEE ~~~~~~, YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE YOUNG WOMAN!!" the teacher began. You closed your eyes at the loudness in her voice. She then calmed herself down. "Why did you wonder off like that?" she asked.

You were about to answer but saw Jungmi walking out of her room. She stopped and glared at you. [She's back?]. She looked over at Infinite who was standing next to you. [And she's with them as well.. especially with those two]. She looked over at Woohyun and L, who was staring at you.

"Well? Explain why you were out there" the teacher pointed to the woods.

You looked away from Jungmi slowly, not knowing how to answer the teacher. [What do I say?]. Soomin looked at you, "~~~~~, tell them the truth as to why you were out there" she tugged onto your arm.

You cleared your throat, "I was out there because.. because..". Infinite now had their attention towards you. You took a deep breath, "I thought it would be fun to explore the woods by myself". Soomin's jaw dropped. "WHAT?! ~~~~~ that's not what happened!!" she shook your arm. "It was Jungmi that made you go down there" she added.

The teacher looked at both you and Soomin weirdly, "What is this? So did you really go down there by yourself or was it Jungmi who made you go?" she wanted to have the truthful story. You shook your head, "It wasn't Jungmi's fault. I was the one that went down there by myself" you said. The teacher nodded, "Well since you're the one who did it on your own free will then I have to punish you". You nodded. "Go get change and meet me at the hall" she then walked off.

Soomin looked at you with a slight frown, "Why did you do that for? Why didn't you tell the truth?" she was confused. You smiled at her and shrugged, "What's the point, everything is over now" you walked off. You felt a slight pain in your stomach. [~~~~~ you babo!! Why are you so nice for?]. Your eyes were getting teary and you held your head up to prevent the tears from coming down.

Jungmi smiled to herself, "Nice played ~~~~~~. You think being nice to me like this would let you off the hook?" she scoffed, "Yeah right" she then walked back inside her room.

----------------------

After having a warm shower and changing your clothes, you headed down to the hall to see what your punishment was. You were now sitting in front of the teachers and they were discussing something amongst themselves. They all nodded and looked at you which made you straightened up.

"Lee ~~~~~, you broke the rule and did the actions on your own free will. Your punishment for this will be to wash the dishes for the rest of the trip" the teacher said. You nodded your head, "I understand".

The teachers then walked out of the room. You sat there looking at the ground. You didn't want to move, or it was that you couldn't move. All of your body felt numb and you saw 3 pairs of feet in front of you. You looked up to see that it was Heejin, Soomin and Mina. They smiled down at you.

"Are you alright?" Mina asked. You nodded, "Of course I'll be alright!!" you pumped your fist up.

"So what was your punishment?" Soomin was curious. "Washing the dishes for the remaining days of the trip" you answered. She nodded, "Don't worry, everything will go by fast" she encouraged.

Heejin sat next to you, "Since you're back, do you want to do something fun?" she asked. You looked at her, "Fun? What can we do?" you asked, confused. Heejin stood up, "Anything" she answered.

The four of you walked out from the hall and onto the grassy field. The four of you sat down on the field and began talking and laughing.

Infinite was up in their room and they all walked out to see you with your friends. They all leaned on the railing bars and gazed down at you.

"Did you think that she lied about going down there?" Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun shrugged, "According to her friend, she was lying".

Sungyeol nodded, "But why would she go all the way down there though? And by herself".

"It's confusing.." Sungjong added.

Dongwoo looked at you and shook his head, "She looks so naive though.. I bet she can be tricked very easily" he turned away.

Hoya yawned and rubbed his stomach, "I'm hungry and very tired.. all that walking made my legs so weak" he patted his legs. Dongwoo patted his back, "I think we all feel the same" he said. Everyone nodded.

-------------------------

It was night time and everyone was in the hall eating. You were on the same table as Soomin, Heejin and Mina. You were eating your rice and you looked up to see Infinite eating just tables away from you. [Why were they the one that found me and not them?]. You looked at Soomin, Mina and Heejin who was busily eating their food.

Soomin looked up to see you staring at her, "What is it?" she asked. You shook your head, "Nothing". She nodded and began to eat again.

You looked over at Infinite and all their heads turned to look at you. You blushed and quickly ducked down and took a spoonful of rice and placed it inside your mouth. You chewed on it carefully but tried to avoid looking up.

Infinite gave you weird looks and began eating again. [That was strange]. They all thought.

Jungmi saw all that and she angrily poke her chopstick into her rice. She clenched her fist tight and was frowning like crazy. Jaemin looked up to see her angry, "Why are you angry for?" she asked.

Jungmi shook her head, "I'm not just angry, I'm furious!!" she emphasized. Jaemin looked at where she was staring and it was you. Jaemin looked back at Jungmi and slowly began eating her food. [I don't like the way she's staring at that chick].

After everyone was done eating, it was your first night at doing the dishes. You saw the piles of dishes in the sink and your jaw dropped. [I didn't know we had that much people at the camp]. You saw the dishes over flowing the sink and some were on the counter as well.

"Well the dishes aren't going to clean themselves up" you rolled your sleeves up and place gloves on. You saw an apron and tied it around your waist. You spun around to face the sink and began washing the dishes.

"You look like a maid". You turned your head to see who's voice was that. Woohyun was standing casually at the kitchen door. You ignored him and returned to washing.

"You got ignored again" Sungjong patted Woohyun's back. Woohyun shook his head, "Why do you always ignore me? Shouldn't you be happy that I call you hotty?" he asked.

You stopped washing and looked at him, "Why would I be happy? Don't you call every girl that?" you asked. He shook his head, "I only call you hotty" he winked at you. You scoffed and returned back to washing.

Next minute, all of Infinite were in the kitchen, looking through the cupboards and walking around. Sungjong leaned over your shoulder, "You wash the dishes so slow" he said. "Well you try washing them then" you shot him a look. He backed away, "Don't need to have the attitude" he walked over to Sungyeol. You sighed. [These guys.. why are they here?].

After washing the last dish, you placed it on the rake, took your gloves off and placed them neatly on the faucet. You turned around to see Infinite still there and was all staring at you. "What are you all staring at?" you asked.

"Did you really lie to the teacher?" Sunggyu asked. You tilted your head, "What do you mean?" you were confused at his question. He took a step forward, "Did you lie about going into the woods by yourself?" he repeated.

Your eyes widened at the question, "W-Why would you ask that?" you stepped back.

L studied your facial expression carefully. [I think she did lie, I mean why would she act like that if she didn't].

Woohyun snapped his fingers, "So you did lie!!" he pointed at you. You shook your head, "No!! I would never lie to the teacher" you protested.

Dongwoo leaned onto the counter, "Then tell us, why are you being so defensive?" he asked. You looked at him, "I'm not being defensive. I really didn't lie to the teacher".

Sungjong sighed, "You're friend said that you lied though.." he looked at you.

You looked to the ground. [Why are they suddenly asking me this question?]. You looked at all of them, "Why are you asking me this? You're not my friend, you just came to get me back here that's all, so don't go asking me if I lied or not!" you untied your apron and slammed it onto the table and walked out from the kitchen angrily.

Infinite were all stunned at you actions.

"D-Did she just told us off?" Sungjong was confused.

Dongwoo nodded, "I think she did. What's her problem, we were just curious" he crossed his arms and frowned.

Sunggyu looked at the kitchen door and smirked, "I swear I don't understand that chick. One minute she's all nice and the next she's shouting at us. What did we do wrong?".

Woohyun shrugged, "I don't know but all I need to know is that she's one hotty" he cheekily smiled. L smacked his arm. "Ow" he touched the sore spot. "You and hot girls" he shook his head, "What's wrong with them?" Woohyun asked. L turned away, not wanting to answer that question.

Hoya placed his arm around Dongwoo, "Well since she said we're not friends then we don't need to care about her right?" he asked. Everyone looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, let's go back to our room and see what other food Sungjong brought" Sungyeol walked off. Sungjong followed behind him, "H-Hey, I didn't brought that much food" he said. Everyone then followed Sungyeol to the boys cabin.

---------------------------

You laid down on your bed and thought back at what happened. [Was I being too harsh to them?]. You remembered their expression and you placed your hand over your face. [Aish!! But why are they so nosy for? Why would they care if I lied or not? I'm not their friend]. You looked up at the ceiling and remembered the time you spent with them in the woods. [Their not that ride though.. I mean, they're kind of.. cute?]. Your eyes widened at the thought and you shook your head to get rid of the thought.

"What are you doing?" Soomin asked from her bed which was across from yours. You looked at her, "Nothing" you smiled to yourself and placed the blanket over your head.

[Okay that was close]. You turned to your side and tried to breathe normally. You remembered back to when your face was close to L. [He's really handsome though.. very handsome]. You lightly shook your head. [Stop thinking about them, go to sleep ~~~~~]. You closed your eyes and tried to sleep.