The Truth

Smile For Me

TRAX - Blind

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

"~~~~~ it's me!!".

You looked up to see Woohyun in front of you. "Oppa!!" you hugged him tightly, "Thank god you're here" you were glad that someone came to save you. He looked behind you and saw 3 men after you, but when they saw Woohyun they retreated straight away.

"Hey stop!!" he pulled you back and ran after then, only to be pulled back by you, "Oppa, don't they have already left" you said. He turned back, "But they were hurting you" he hissed. You shook your head, "I'm alright" you smiled, to make him not go after them. He looked down at you and his expression softened.

"I'm just glad that someone was here that's all" you said, with an exhale. Woohyun checked your slapped cheek which was red, "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked. You nodded, "It's just a slap, everything will be alright".

Woohyun smiled. [If I didn't came here then you would of been gone..]. He pulled you into a tight hug, "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner" he said, feeling guilty for not protecting you.

"Oppa it's alright. I'm not injured or anything" you pulled back and smiled at him, "Now let's go. I don't want to stay here anymore" you held onto his arm and lead him away.

---------------------

L was waiting for you in front of the school gates and looked around, trying to find you. [Where could this girl be? I thought she was going to talk to Jungmi for a while]. He looked back and saw Jungmi talking to a bunch of men in black and she was shouting at them. He tilted his head, "Why is she shouting at them like that?" he ignored her and continued to search for you.

"Do you want an ice pack on that cheek?" Woohyun asked you. You shook your head, "It's alright oppa, the redness will go away" you said.

L saw you walking with Woohyun. [How come she's with him?]. He then saw the red mark on your cheek and he suddenly ballad his hands into fists. [Don't say that something happened to her?]. He looked down at his fists and quickly let go of them. [Don't need to be so angry L].

You stopped talking to Woohyun to see L standing at the front gates. "It's Myungsoo oppa!!" you waved to him. Woohyun looked at the direction you were waving at and saw L looking at the two of you. He walked over to him, "Where were you?" he asked L sternly.

"Waiting for her. She said that she was going to talk to Jungmi" L explained. Woohyun turned his head slightly and hissed, "Even so, you should of been there" he was getting angry. L scoffed, "I don't know why you're getting angry all of a sudden" he softly smiled.

"~~~~~". You turned around to see Beast waving at you. You waved back, "I'll just be a second" you said to Woohyun and L. You turned around and ran over to Beast, "Hey oppa!!" you greeted them.

Yoseob patted your head, "Haven't seen you in such a long time" he was glad to see you. He looked at the back of you and saw Woohyun and L and his heart tensed up.

Meanwhile, L and Woohyun were having a serious talk.

"Why did you just leave her like that? Didn't I tell you to take care of  her?" Woohyun shot at L. "She was having a girls talk with Jungmi. I can't be there" L shot back.

Woohyun balled his hands into fists, "But you don't know when she can be in trouble. You don't know when she's frightened or scared" he looked away with sadness in his eyes. L looked the other way, "Why did she have the red mark on her cheek?" he asked, a bit curious. Woohyun looked at him, "Now you care about her? You should be there to see what she experienced" he said.

"I just want to know. Did you slap her?" L guessed. Woohyun shot him a look, "Why in the world would I slap her? I love her to death. I would never hurt a person like her" he confessed. L smiled, "How can you say you love someone so fast? Do you even love her?" he asked. Woohyun nodded, "I know that I'm a flirt but" he looked back at you talking to Beast, "She's different. I feel different when I'm with her" he admitted.

L scoffed, "Just because you feel different doesn't mean you love her" he said. Woohyun nodded, "You're right, but I get this feeling also. It's warm and she makes my heart beat faster. No other girl has done that to my heart before" he confessed. L didn't say anything and looked over at you. [Heart beat faster? That's when you know you're in love?]. He felt his heart but it wasn't beating faster.

"And.. when she's in danger, I want to be there to help her. My heart feels warm and happy and have butterflies in my stomach when she talks to me or I hear her laugh.. I love that girl" he looked at L, "Don't you get that feeling?" he asked. L looked away, thinking. [Do I get that feeling?]. "I don't know.. but.. knowing that she wouldn't give up on me makes me.. happy for some reason" he admitted.

Woohyun looked at L, "Is that all? Just happiness? Nothing else?" he asked. L looked at him, "What else am I suppose to feel? Should I feel light in my stomach, or feel that my heart is filled with warmth when I'm with her?" he asked. Woohyun looked away, "You're so stubborn L.. you don't know anything about love".

"And you know everything about love? You're a playboy for goodness sake Woohyun, I don't think you know anything about love" L shot at him. Woohyun wanted to punch L in the face but kept his cool, "You're right, we know nothing about love, but we do know when a person makes us feel loved when others don't!!" he shot.

L gave him a firm look, "Then you go and take care of her and don't tell me what to do. I don't want to protect someone like her, because being with her makes me-".

"Protect me?". They turned their heads and saw you standing by yourself. You looked at L, "Is that all you've been doing, I thought you actually like me" you looked at Woohyun, "You told him to do that?" you frowned, wanting to know. Woohyun slowly nodded, "Yeah I did" he admitted.

You lightly chuckled, "Is that why you were so close to me?" you looked at L, wanting him to answer. He looked away, "Yeah that's what I was doing" he said. "Did you want to protect me in the first place?" you questioned. He didn't answer. "Answer me!!" you ordered.

L sighed, "No I didn't..". Tears started to appear in your eyes. "But I-" you slapped L across the face. Woohyun gasped and L looked back at your crying face, "Don't you ever listen to your heart Myungsoo?! Why do you always have to listen to others and follow what they want you to do? Can't you show how you feel?" tears were now rolling down your cheeks one by one.

Woohyun stepped up to you, "~~~~~" he whispered and grabbed your arm. You pulled your arm out of his grip, "Myungsoo.. I thought you would of had feelings for me that's why you were being that way towards me.. but I guess the only reason you were close to me because Woohyun told you" you didn't look at both of them.

Woohyun's eyes widened because you didn't add oppa. He looked away, "~~~~~ listen to me" you gave him a look, I don't want to talk to you as well" you gave L one last look, "From this day forward, I promise that I will not love you anymore L. I will not wait for you" you firmly said. You turned away and walked off, with tears rolling down your cheeks. You quickened your pace and soon you were running.

Woohyun and L both looked at you running away. Woohyun stepped forward to go after you but paused. He looked back to see L turning around and walking off. "Aren't you going after her?" he shot. L stopped walking. [She won't want to see me]. He inwardly sighed and continued to walk off. Woohyun ruffled his hair furiously. "AISH!!".

----------------------------

You were sitting on a bench and looking at a happy couple in an ice cream store, feeding each other cutely. You sighed and looked away. [Myungsoo you Babo!! I thought you were being close to me because you wanted to..]. You stood up and walked off home.

L was walking down the street and looking around to see couples everywhere. He sighed frustratingly and walked up to a fish stick food stall. He then suddenly remembered back to when he brought you sigh sticks.

"You want more?" L asked. You looked at him confused, "What do you mean? I haven't even bought any yet" L held up the container, consisting of 6 fish sticks, "I already bought you 3".

Your eyes widened, "T-That's for me?" you pointed to the container. He nodded, with his poker face. "O..Kay" you turned to the ajumma and bowed your head, "Well be going now".

"Your boyfriend is so caring. You two make a cute couple" she complimented. Your face suddenly turned red and you waved your hands in front of you, "A-Aniyo!! We're not-" you stopped when you felt L's arm wrapped around your neck and he pulled you closer to him, "We really make a cute couple?" he asked.

The ajumme nodded, "The cutest couple I've ever seen" she smiled brightly. You blushed even more deeper at this point and you cupped your cheeks with your hands. L smiled, "Thanks ajumma" he then lead you away.

L looked at the fish sticks and the ajumma smiled at him, "Your girlfriend isn't here?" she asked. He looked up at her. [She means ~~~~~~]. He shook his head, "No, she's not here today" he said.

"Aw, well she's a very pretty girl and very nice as well. You should keep her safe. You and her will be very happy one day" she smiled.

"Are you a fortune teller or something?" L asked her, suspiciously. She shook her head, "I've been selling her for many years and you two suit each other a lot" she said. "Really? We suit each other?" he asked. She nodded, "Remember this saying, you don't know what you have until it's gone" she smiled.

"You don't know what you have until it's gone" L softly repeated what she said. She nodded, "Here" she held out a container filled with rice sticks, "It's for you and her, don't worry about paying" she kindly said. L nodded and took the container, "Thanks" he said. He bowed and walked off, "Bye".

He walked far enough from the food stall and looked back at the stall to see the ajumma selling some to other costumers. "You don't know what you have until it's gone" it kept repeating inside his head. "What is that ajumma on about?" he looked down at the fish sticks and instantly he remembered about you. [I wonder how she's doing]. He then walked in the direction of your house.

You were walking in your neighborhood and you looked at the houses beside you. You then remembered back to when L was walking you home and then it started to rain. [Myungsoo.. oppa. Why don't you like me?]. You sadly sighed and continued to walk home.

A car screeched beside you and 3 men from before got out of the car. You saw them and quickly ran ahead as fast as you could. "HELP ME!!" you shouted but they were too fast for you and ne guy quickly grabbed your arm and pulled you back. He quickly covered your mouth to prevent you from screaming but you kicked instead.

"GET OFF ME!!" you muffled behind his hand. "HELP!!".

"Hurry, someone might see us" one guy hurried and opened up the passenger door. You screamed but no one was on the streets to help you.

L was walking down the streets and looked at the fish sticks. [I hope she's not angry with me]. A soft smile came across his face. He looked up and saw a bunch of suspicious guys carrying a girl inside a car.

You pulled the guys hand away from your mouth, you turned to see L, "Myungsoo oppa help me!!" you cried. The guys quickly shoved you inside the car.

"~~~~~" L screamed. He dropped the container and ran to you. He ran to the car but the doors were locked, he hit onto the glass but it didn't break. You slapped your hand against the window, "OPPA HELP ME!!" you pleaded but the guy quickly covered your mouth and pulled you back, "DRIVE!!" he ordered and the car drove off.

L was slapping onto the window, "~~~~~~ YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT" the car then accelerated faster and he fell onto the ground. He looked up at the car driving off, "~~~~~ I'LL FIND YOU DON'T WORRY!! WAIT FOR ME!!" he screamed. He got up and ran after the car, as fast as he could.

You heard L's voice and looked back, "Myungsoo oppa!" you screamed. The car turned a corner and you no loner saw L.