Night Hiking

Smile For Me

NS Yoon Ji - Talk Talk Talk

-----------------------------------

 

For the next few days, you have tried your best to avoid seeing Infinite as much as possible. Everyone was in the hall, eating. You took your plate to the kitchen and decided to wait in there for everyone to finish. You looked around the cupboard and explored the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" came a voice. You shot your head up and saw Woohyun smirking at you. You quickly turned around and pretended to be occupied by something.

He chuckled and walked towards you with his plate. He placed it in the sink and turned around to see you wiping the counter. "You know what job suits you?" he asked. You continued to wipe. He crossed his arms, "A maid". You stopped whiping and glared at him, "A maid?". He nodded.

You scoffed and continued to wipe. "Why are you ignoring me?" he asked. You didn't answer. Just then Infinite walked in and placed their plates in the sink. They turned around and looked at you still whiping the counter.

"Hey don't you think she works like a maid?" Woohyun asked the others. They looked closely at what you were doing and nodded in agreement.

"The way you're cleaning looks like what a maid does" Dongwoo teased. You frowned but still didn't look up at them.

Sunggyu yawned, "Well have fun cleaning maid" he laughed and walked off. The others followed him.

When they were out of sight, you stopped whiping and crossed your arms furiously. [Call me a maid? What is this!!]. You stomped your foot onto the ground and looked at what you wearing. An apron and gloves. [I don't look like a maid do I?]. You shrugged and walked over to the sink to start washing up the dishes. 

Since there was only 3 days left on this trip, the teachers decided to have a night hike. Everyone went up to their room and got ready.

---------------------

"Ready Soomin?" you asked her, while grabbing your torch. You turned back to see that she was still picking out an outfit. You shook your head, "It's just a night hike, no one is going to see you".

She took out a pair of skinny jeans and looked at them closely, "Should I wear this? But then I like this pair more" she held up another one.

Heejin sat on her bed and checked the time on her phone. "We're going to be late if we don't hurry up" she looked up and saw Soomin chucking clothes everywhere.

"Soomin, just choose something and let's go" Mina tapped her foot, impatiently.

Soomin sighed, "Fine". She chucked on a random pair of jean and a top. She grabbed her jacket and walked out of the door, "Let's go" she said. Everyone then followed her out.

The teachers and everyone was already waiting at the field and when you's arrived the teachers started to lead everyone into the woods. You your torch and shined it everywhere. You looked up and down, finding everything fascinating. [The woods aren't that scary when you're with a group].

"Yah Soomin, why are you walking so fast?" Mina walked faster to catch up with her.

When you turned back to the front, you saw that everyone was already a head of you. "Oh wait guys" you said and ran up to them. You tripped over a tree root that was poking out from the ground. "Oof" you fell onto your knees and your torch broke. [!! Where's the light?]. You were now searching for it.

"Can anyone hear me? Help" you cried. You were scared and worried, you breathed heavily. You felt a hand on your shoulder and you shrieked. "AHHH!!!" you slapped the hand away and ran but you bumped into someone else. "LET GO OF ME!!" you punched his chest.

"Fine" he let go of you and made you fell onto the ground again. You looked around and saw figures surrounding you. "Y-Yah, who are you?" your voice came out shaky.

"Are you just going to sit there?". You shot your head up at the familiar voice. [That voice.. sounds so familiar]. One person then walked up to you and dent down to your level, he got his torch and pointed it up in the sky. You looked up and back down, your eyes widened at who it was, "W-Woohyun.." you spun your head from left to right and saw Infinite surrounding you.

Dongwoo shook his head, "Who did you think we were? Murderers?" he scoffed. You glared at him, "Well you were going to be one" referring to the time he nearly hit you with his motorcycle. He shot you a glare but you poke your tongue out at him and looked away.

Sungjong looked around, "Where did the others go?". You shot your head up and scanned the area. [!! You can't seriously be joking]. You quickly stood up and started walking, leaving Infinite behind.

"Umm aren't you going to need a torch?" Woohyun held up his. You stopped and turned around. [No ]. You glared at him, "Well then go first" you nodded a head. He chuckled and walked up to you, "You're so cute" he pinched your cheeks. You flushed pink and hit his hand away, "Quit it" you spun around and walked. "Aren't you guys coming?" you asked, not turning back.

Infinite looked at each other and followed you. "I hope you know where you're going" Dongwoo said.

"Tss of course I do" you softly hissed.

The 8 of you were walking through the woods and you touched a branch. You looked at it and did a double take when you saw spider webs on it. Your eyes widened at the spider next to your hand. "AHHH!!" you screamed. You turned around and quickly wrapped your arms around the person behind you.

You looked up to see that it was L. Your eyes widened and quickly let go of him. You cleared your voice and fanned yourself. L stared at you and looked at the spider wed.

"S-Sorry about that" you apologised. He didn't say anything and walked past you. You bit your lip in embarrassment and slowly turned to the front.

Woohyun placed his arm around your neck, "No need to worry hotty! I'll be here to protect you" he winked. You scoffed and pushed his arm off of you and continued to walk ahead. He smirked, "Hey wait up for me" he ran up to you, but you walked faster.

After walking for a bit, you looked around and saw a gate. "Where did this gate come from?" you asked.

Sunggyu walked up from behind you, "I think we're suppose to jump over it" he looked left and right to see that the gate was long. He firmly gripped the bar and swiftly jumped over it. He landed on the other side and looked at the 7 of you behind the gate. "Well jump over it" he said.

Dongwoo jumped over it, followed by Hoya and Sungyeol. Sungjong didn't jump over it but placed his foot on a lower bar and pushed himself up and climbed over. Sungyeol was on the other side to help him. "Our maknae" he shook his head.

"YAH!!" Sungjong slapped his arm hard. Sungyeol just laughed, followed by the others. You couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. [Sungjong is adorable]. You realised what you just thought and stopped laughing.

Woohyun and L both jumped over the fence and it was only you left. You looked at the fence and did what Sungjong did. You jumped over the gate with ease and dusted your hands together. "Let's go" you ordered and walked.

"Umm, the camp is this way" Dongwoo pointed to the other side. You turned your head to where he was pointing and back to where you were heading. "I-I knew that" you turned to the right and walked past Dongwoo, confidently. He chuckled and followed you.

While walking with Infinite, the atmosphere started to grow more awkward. No one was talking and you were in the front, so you didn't want to turn around and face them. [The sooner I get back to camp, the sooner I won't see them]. So you started to fasten your pace.

Woohyun noticed how fast you were walking. "Yah, why are you walking so fast?" he quicken his pace.

You didn't say anything but continued to walk the speed you were at. After a while, you noticed that you were walking on cement. You looked on the ground and noticed there wasn't any dirt or leaves. [Ehh? We're on the road?]. You turned back to face Infinite, they stopped and looked at you. "What?" they all asked.

"Are you sure we went the right way? We're on the road" you pointed out. They looked both ways and noticed there wasn't any trees but a long road. They shrugged, "And?".

You crossed your arms angrily, "And I think we're lost" you raised your voice.

Sunggyu chuckled, "We're not lost" he turned to the right and kept on walking, followed but the others. "If you don't want to follow me than I guess we'll just have to leave you there" he added. You looked around and saw how creepy the darkness was, "Yah wait up" you ran after them.

You were walking behind Infinite this time, since this was a new route you weren't familiar with.

"Hmm can I ask you a question?" Woohyun suddenly asked. You looked around, "Are you talking to me?" you pointed to yourself. He nodded, "What's your relationship with that Jungmi girl?".

"Why do you care?" you asked, not facing him but continued to walk. He shrugged his shoulders, "Just curious" he answered. You narrowed your eyes at him, "Well then keep being curious because I'm not going to tell you anything" you walked faster than him. He stopped walking and stared at your back. [Gosh this girl.. she's so difficult to talk to at times].

---------------------------

The 8 of you finally reached back to camp and luckily the teachers weren't looking around for you. Soomin saw you walking and waved at you, "~~~~~" you walked up to her, "Hey Soomin" you smiled.

"Oh there you are, I thought you were lost again" Mina said. You chuckled, "No I didn't" you smiled and looked over at Infinite. [I guess they did know their way back here]. You turned to face the front and saw Jungmi glaring at you from the corner of your eyes. [Ignore her ~~~~~]. You pretended to didn't notice.

Jungmi glared at you and looked at Infinite. [Why are they always together?]. She frowned and crossed her arms. She turned to the front and still had a frown on her face.

After coming back from the night hike, everyone went to their room. You laid on your bed and yawned. "I'm so tired" you wiped the tears from your eyes.

"Well I'm heading off to bed. Night night" Soomin said and pulled the blanket over her head. Mina and Heejin climbed into their bed and went straight to sleep. You on the other hand was still awake.

[Why is it when I'm alone, Infinite is always there?]. You couldn't help thinking about them and the night hike. [Being with them is different than being with Beast].