Awkwardness

Smile For Me

Untouchable - Oh!

----------------------------------------

 

You woke up and saw the sunlight coming through the seeps of the curtains. You sat up on bed and scratched your head, then climbed down from the bed and headed to the bathroom to wash up.

You changed into comfortable clothes and tired your hair up in a bun. Just then Soomin woke up, she rubbed her eyes tiredly and wearily stared at you. "Oh ~~~~~, when did you wake up?" she asked, then yawned.

You looked at her, "Just then. I'm going for a walk, I'll be right back". You headed to the door.

"Remember to return. Actually take your phone so I can call you" she pointed out. You faced her and nodded, "Yes mommy~" you teases. Both of you laughed. You walked over to your bed and took your phone from underneath your pillow and then walked out.

At that moment, Infinite walked out from their room and down the stairs to head to the hall. They stopped when they saw you walking their way. All 7 pairs of eyes were now staring at you.

You looked around the area and when you stared straight a head, you slowly stopped walking. Infinite were all staring at you. [What are they staring at?]. You studied all their faces and suddenly remembered the thought you had before bed time. Your eyes widened and you quickly spun around to walk the other way. [Quickly walk faster]. You were now speed walking back the other way.

Infinite all exchanged looks. They were confused at why you were avoiding them a bit.

"Did we do something wrong?" Sungjong scratched his head.

Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe she's still mad about last night?" he turned to walk away. The others looked at each other and nodded, then followed the leader.

You turned a corner and leaned your back against the wall. You sighed in relief and peaked out from the corner to see that Infinite was leaving. L then turned around and saw you looking, you looked straight at him and quickly hid back.

L weirdly stared at you. [Why is she hiding away from us?]. Woohyun turned back to see L staring at something. "Yo L, what are you staring at?" he asked. L shook his head, "Nothing" he looked at him and walked past him. Woohyun scratched his head. [What a weird kid].

---------------------

Everyone was in the hall, eating lunch. You placed kimchi on your plate and turned around to see where Soomin, Heejin and Mina were sitting. You walked past Jungmi's table and she giggled with her friends. She purposely stuck her foot out and you tripped over it. You landed onto your plate of food and it covered your chest area.

Jungmi and her friends giggled, "Are you alright there ~~~~~?" she asked, smirking at you.

Your friends looked over to see what was happening and gasped when they saw you on the floor. Infinite also looked up and saw you on the floor covered with food.

The teacher looked at what was happening. "What happened over there?" she asked, standing up to have a better view.

You looked down and up at Jungmi, who was giving you the look. "Yeah ~~~~~, what did happened?" she had a tone in her voice telling you to lie. You looked to Infinite and saw them staring at you. "N-Nothing happened. I tripped". You stood up, grabbed your plate of food and ran out of the hall.

Soomin glared over at Jungmi who was laughing with her friends. She turned her head to see Soomin staring at her, she smirked and waved her hands to her like nothing happened.

Infinite looked at each other. "Was she lying again?" Woohyun asked the others. They shrugged their shoulders, not knowing. L stared at Jungmi who was smiling and talking happily to her friends. She turned her head and saw L staring her way. She gasped and sweetly waved at him, hoping that he would wave back but all he did was look away with a straight face.

She stared at him. [What just happened? Did he ignored me?]. She scoffed and glared at him once more. [I'll make you mine L. You just watch and see].

"Hey Jungmi, what are you thinking about?" Jaemin asked. Jungmi looked at her, "Nothing. Just planning what the future will be like" she smirked. Jaemin blinked in confusion, "What?" she asked. Jungmi ignored her confusion and went back to eating.

You ran to your room and slammed the door shut. You walked over to the mirror and looked at the food stain that was on your clothes. "Babo!! Why didn't you just say that Jungmi did it? Why are you such a scaredy cat for?" you asked yourself. You sighed and decided to get changed.

After changing you walked back to the hall to see that everyone had already finished eating. [That was fast]. You walked to the kitchen and saw dishes piled up in the sink and you pouted a bit. You placed on the apron and gloves then began washing them.

When you were halfway done, someone placed dishes in the sink and dropped a spoon in the water which made the water splashes onto your face. "What the-" you wiped your face and looked over to see Jungmi. She was smirking at you, "Sorry, but you have to keep on washing this" she turned around and walked away.

You continued to stare at the dishes and let out a heavy sigh. [Why is she always picking on me?]. You had no other choice but to clean the plates she dumped in the sink. You were rinsing out the soap on the plate when someone said, "You're taking this long to wash the dishes?". You spun around and dropped the plate, it crashed onto the ground. "It's you's".

Infinite looked down at the crashed plate. Sunggyu pointed to it, "You better clean that up" he said. You looked down and gasped. You took your gloves off and quickly picked up the broken shards and accidentally cut yourself. "Ow" you held your finger to your lip.

Dongwoo looked at you, "Did you hurt yourself?" he asked. You gave him a look that read, 'well nah duh!'. You shook your head and walked over to the cupboard to find a Band-Aid.

You looked to the back of you and saw Infinite still standing there looking at you. [Why are they always staring at me like that?]. You tried to ignore them and continued to look through the cupboard. You found the Band-Aid and wrapped it around your finger. You placed your gloves back on and continued to finish the last dishes.

You turned around to go when you a broom stick in front of you. "It's to mop up the glasses" Sungjong said and nodded to the ground. You looked down and took the broom stick. After sweeping up the glasses you walked out of the kitchen without saying anything to them.

-------------------

In the morning, you were cleaning your stained clothes from yesterday and saw how the weather was getting cloudy. [It better not rain today]. You looked down at your wet clothes. [I still have to dry these]. Then you heard footsteps approaching you. You turned back to see Infinite.

"What are you guys doing here?" you blurted out.

They gave you a weird look. "Why are you being so awkward when we're around?" Sunggyu asked. You turned back to get back at washing your clothes, "I-I'm not being awkward" you bit your lip nervously.

They walked to the front of you and sat down. You turned your head the other way, trying to avoid looking at them. [Why are they making me feel nervous?]. You swallowed hard and breathed out shakily.

"You missed a spot" Sunggyu pointed to your clothes. You looked down and there was still a speck of stain stuck on your shirt. You rolled your eyes and cleaned it off.

After finishing, you placed your wet clothes in a basket and stood up. "Bye" you said and walked off. After walking a few meters away from them and you let out a sigh of relief. [Are they stalking me?].

You hanged your clothes onto the racks and headed back to your cabin. You walked up the stairs and it began to rain. "Damn you rain" you cursed and ran back down to take your clothes off the rake. You quickly got them off and ran back to your room, but bumped into someone. You fell onto the ground and looked up to see that it was L.

"Sorry" you scrambled up and took your clothes off from the ground. You looked up at the sky and it was raining harder. You looked down a bit and saw L's face. [He's really handsome]. You continued to stare at him.

"What are you staring at?" he asked. Rain covered the two of you. You quickly shook your head, "Nothing" you ran past him. [That was embarrassing].

----------------------

Since it was raining outside, you hanged your clothes in the bathroom. You laid down on your bed with a towel wrapped around your hair to dry it. You sat up and began to walk out to the balcony to see it the rain had died down. You stood near the railing bars and looked out at the scenery. You felt pairs of eyes looking at you so you turned your head to see Infinite over at the other side.

Woohyun waved at you, "You look y there hotty~" he shouted. You flushed pink and turned away. "Why does he always call me that?" you turned back to look at him to see him still waving.

You were studying all their faces. [You got to admit, they are all so good looking]. Your eyes stopped at L. He was staring right at you. You bit your lip nervously. [Can someone be as handsome as L?]. You realised what you were thinking and shook your head. "Stop thinking about them" you glanced at them for the last time and walked in your room. [ need to keep my promise to Yoseob, stay away from them ~~~~~].