In Denial

Smile For Me

BJJ - First Kiss (Extended version)

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"YAH PIG WAKE UP!! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE" Byunghun yelled outside your room.

Your eyes shot open and immediately you sat up. [What time is it?]. You looked over at your clock and widened your eyes at the time. [Oh no I'm going to be late]. You quickly got ready and grabbed your bag off your chair. You did a double take when you saw L's jacket hanging on the chair. You bit your lip, thinking if you should take it with you or not.

Byunghun banged on your door, "I'M GOING TO LEAVE WITHOUT YOU" he warned. "I'M COMING" you shouted back. [I'll just take it]. You grabbed the jacket and ran out of your bedroom.

"Who's jacket is that?" Byunghun asked, running after you down stairs.

"A friend" you answered and shoved it inside your bag.

The two of you arrived in school and of course, you were late. "I don't want to be late" you said to yourself. Byunghun ran past you, "I hate you ~~~~~" he said and opened the double doors. He quickly closed it and didn't let you in.

"Open up the door right now Byunghun!!" you demanded. He poke his tongue out and locked the door. Your jaw dropped and you shot him a death glare. He just smiled at you and ran off. [He really did lock me out!!]. you stomped your foot and decided to run to the other entrance. You checked your watch, " I'm going to be late!!" you opened the door and ran into the hallway.

Class has already started and Mr. Kim was at the front lecturing the class. Soomin and Heejin looked at each other and to your table, "Where is she?" Heejin asked. Soomin shrugged, "She could be late.. again".

Infinite looked at your table. [She's late again?]. Just then the doors opened and you came in breathing heavily due to the running. Everyone looked at you and chuckled. Jungmi smirked at you. [What an idiot].

Mr. Kim gave you a look, "Ms Lee, I see that you came late again. Detention" he ordered. You slowly nodded your head, "Mianhae" you walked over to your seat and sat down, still breathing heavily.

Soomin leaned over to you, "Have fun in detention" she winked. You poke your tongue out at her and smiled. [Great, this won't look good in my school report].

You opened your bag and saw L's jacket, you looked back and didn't see him so you faced the front again. [I'll return this to him later]. You looked through your stuff and realised you left your book in your locker. "Sir, can I got to my locker to get my book?" you raised your hand up.

Mr. Kim turned to face you, "Hurry up". You nodded and walked out of class to head to your locker.

You opened your locker and took your book out. You closed it and turned around to see L outside of the the double doors. You quickly turned around and began to walk. He knocked on the door which made you turn around to face him. He pointed down to the lock. [Oh right, Byunghun locked the doors]. You silently walked over, unlocked the door and opened it for him.

"Thought you would leave me out there" he said as he walked inside. You closed the door behind him, "I wish I could" you muttered. "What was that?" he asked. "Nothing" you turned to face him. At that instant, your heart began beating fast. [Oh no the feeling is coming back]. You quickly glanced away and walked past him.

L looked at your back walking away, "Did I say something wrong?" he tilted his head in confusion.

It was time for drama practice and of course, the teacher wanted to do the scene's with Snow White and the prince.

You stood in your position and saw L  standing opposite to you. [Be normal, act naturally. Try not to show your nervousness]. It was like you jinxed yourself, you could feel your stomach turning, legs shaking and heart beat increasing. [Calm down ~~~~~ it's just L, another normal guy]. You glanced up at him and you got to say he looks very handsome in his prince uniform. You looked away and wondered your eyes around, anywhere that would help distract you from what you were feeling.

"Okay, I want this scene to be perfect. Remember that this scene is when you, Snow White realised that you fell in love with the prince" she pointed to you. "Got it?". You nodded. "Okay, let's get ready" she walked back to her seat, "Action" she cued.

You gulped and started to walk into the middle of the stage. You turned and pretended to be preoccupied with something. You bent down and smelled the fake flower.

"Excuse me" came a voice. You looked up and saw L, smiling. You immediately stared into his eyes. You didn't know why but when he smiled he looks so cute and charming. His eye smiles makes him look even more hotter. He looked at you, waiting for you to say the next line.

"I..I.." you stuttered. [ what's my line?]. You have totally forgotten your lines. L kept staring at you, figuring why you haven't said your lines yet.

"CUT" the teacher yelled. The two of you looked at the teacher. She shook her head, "What's wrong ~~~~~? We did this scene a lot of times, why mess up now?" she was confused.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't concentrating" you smiled nervously.

"Well, the play is nearing so we have to practice more. I want you and Myungsoo to practice after school hours from now on" the teacher said.

Your jaw dropped, "What??! But-".

"No buts. I want this play to be perfect" she said. You sighed and obediently nodded. "I get it" you muttered. The teacher smiled and clapped, "Well that's it for todays lesson" she said.

Everyone then left the drama area. Jungmi walked in front of you and blocked your path. You looked at her and your face fell, "Yes?" you managed to say.

She scoffed, "You did that on purpose did you?" she accused. You gave her a face, "Did what?" you were totally confused. "Don't act innocent!! You wanted to stay alone with L so that's why you messed up on your line" she shot.

You gave her a 'what?' face. "Hey I didn't do that on purpose. The only reason I forgot my line was that L-" you quickly covered your mouth. [Don't say it].

Jungmi gave you a weird look, "Because L what?" she wanted to know what you were about to say.

"L... messed up on his lines first, so it got me confused" you quickly answered. You looked at Jungmi, who wasn't convinced at your answer.

She crossed her arms, "What do you mean he messed up? He always say that line" she thought for a while and then her eyes lit up, "Don't tell me..".

You swallowed hard, nervous. "T-Tell you what?" you stuttered. [What is she thinking?]. You weren't sure but inside you kind of knew what she was going to say next.

"Don't tell me you like him?" she questioned. Your eyes widened, "What are you saying?!" you couldn't believe your ears. She glared at you, "Do you like him?" she straight out asked you.

You stared at her, confused with surprise written on your face. "Jungmi on the other hand was growing impatient and tapped her foot repeatedly on the ground, "Well?" she waited for your answer.

"No" you said. For some reason your heart just fell when you said that and your instincts told you that it was the wrong answer but you didn't want to listen. "No I don't like him" you said.

Jungmi's face lit up into a smirk, "So you don't like him? Are you telling the truth?" she eyed you suspiciously.

You hesitated a bit but managed to nod your bead, "Yes I'm telling the truth".

"Guess I want you to keep your word" she smiled and walked off. You sighed and felt your heart aching. [Why don't I feel relieved? Shouldn't I be happy that I told the truth to her?].

"~~~~~, sorry I took so long. Teacher had me clean up the closet" Heejin laughed tiredly. She looked up and saw your sad face, "What's wrong?" she asked. You shook your head, "Nothing" you whispered, "Let's go" you grabbed her arm and lead her out the room.

It was finally lunch time and you were sitting with Soomin, Heejin and Mina.

You were poking your rice and dazed off into space. Soomin laughed with Heejin and Mina and turned to face you, when she saw your expression her face fell into a worried look. "What's wrong?" she asked. You shook your head, "Nothing..".

Just then Infinite walked past your table. You looked up and met eyes with L, he looked at you with those eyes. You blushed and quickly ducked your head down to pay attention to your food.

Soomin noticed how you were acting and grew suspicious. [What do I see here..]. She had a smirk on her face. You looked up to see that Infinite was gone and you sighed in relief. You turned your head and saw Soomin smirking at you, "What is it?" you asked, wondering why she was staring at you like that.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I think I know why you're being like this" she eyed you with a smile.

You blinked at her, confused at what she was trying to say. "And why am I acting like this?" you wanted to know what she was thinking. [What is this girl up to?].

She leaned back in her chair and glanced over at you, "Do you.. like someone?". At that sentence, Heejin and Mina stopped talking and looked straight at you. "You like someone?!" they both asked.

Your eyes widened with surprise, "What are you saying? I don't like anyone" you tried to make your answer convincing but knowing Soomin, she wouldn't believe you. She wagged her fingers from side to side. "Tsk tsk, Don't lie to me ~~~~~,I know when my friend is in love~" she sang and winked at you.

"In love? I'm not in love" you slightly laughed. Heejin and Mina looked at each other, stunned. "Tell us who he is" Heejin ordered. Mina nodded. You looked at the three of them, "Look, I think I know when I like someone" you said.

Heejin smiled, "Yeah, you blush and stutter a lot when you're with him" she wriggled her eyebrows up and down. You slapped her arm, "I do not!!" you turned around and quickly touched your cheeks, checking if they were hot.

The three of them laughed, "See, you are in love" Soomin smiled. "Tell us who he is" she was eager to know. You shook your head, "I don't like him!!" you blurted out. You quickly covered your mouth when you noticed what you just said.

Soomin, Heejin and Mina looked at each other, smiling. Their attention all turned to you, "Tell us who he is right now!!" they demanded. You shook your head, "I told you I don't like anyone" you said. They still didn't believe you. Heejin thought for a minute and clicked her fingers, "Is it a person from Infinite?". Your head shot up and they had a huge smile on their face.

"So it is from Infinite.." Soomin looked over at their table. She looked around and thought back to when you and L met eyes just now. She had a victorious smile, "Is it.. L?" she quietly whispered.

You quickly blushed and your heart beat was increasing. [Oh no, it's that feeling again]. You shook your head a bit too quick, "No" you blurted.

The three of them giggled amongst each other. "Someone answered a bit too fast" Heejin winked. You just smiled, "I did?" you tried to be normal. She nodded.

Soomin placed her hand on your shoulder, "Oh ~~~~~, we think you're lying~" she sang.

You frowned, "I am not lying.. I'm telling the truth" you boldly stated. They all laughed, "You're so funny ~~~~~".

You looked over at Infinite's table and you didn't notice but you were staring at L. [Why is he making me feel like this?]. Soomin, Heejin and Mina directed their attention to where you were looking.

"Who are you staring at?" Soomin asked.

"She's probably staring at L~" Heejin teased. You shifted your gaze to her, "What? No I'm not.." you stared to eat.

"Okay~ Whatever you say" Mina said. The three of them continued to chuckle at you.

------------------------

Detention soon came and you were walking to your class. You walked up to your class door and was about to open it when someone stood next to you. You looked up and gasped, "What are you doing here?". L was standing beside you.

"We have practice together" he answered coolly.

"But that's not until later.." you gave him a look. He looked at you, "I still have to wait for you" he opened the door and looked to you, "Aren't you going in?". You nodded and walked ahead of him.

Mr. Kim turned around, "Ah ~~~~~ you're here and L also" he gave L a 'why are you here' look.

L shrugged, We have drama practice together later".

"Oh it's for the play Snow White. What roles are you playing?" he asked. You pointed to yourself, "I'm Snow White". L pointed to himself, "I'm the prince".

"The two main leads. You don't need to attend detention then" he said. Your eyes rounded at what he said. "Go and practice the play" he added. You blinked at him, stunned.

L nodded, "Well then, we're off" he pushed you out of the class. He closed the door and that's when you came back to reality.

"What just happened?" you asked. "We just got out of detention. Let's go we have drama practice" L answered. He then walked off to the drama room. You looked at his back and slowly followed him.