Softening Up

Smile For Me

T-ara - Falling U

------------------------------------------------------

 

L was walking home and remembered back at what Woohyun told him before.

"Take care of ~~~~~ she might be in danger" he warned.

"Why would she be in danger?" L was confused. Woohyun shrugged his shoulders, "I just have a feeling that she might be. So I want you to watch out for her" he said.

"If you like her why don't you look after her, rather than coming to me and telling me this when I specifically told you that I would never like her" L argued strongly.

Woohyun looked away, "I do want to take care of her but even if I do, she would never appreciate the things I do for her, but she likes you and I know that deep down in her heart she wants you and only you to protect her".

L looked the other direction, "Have you ever thought that if you're there for her more than me than she'll start to have feelings for you?" he asked. Woohyun turned away, "She'll never like me. The only person in her heart is you, L" he said with a stern voice. "I know you like her too".

"Me like her? No way" L protested. Woohyun gave him a firm look, "I've noticed the way you look at her, your smiling more often now" he said. L thought back. [He's right, I do smile more].

"YAH!! Byunghun, give that to me" L looked up to see you trying to get a lolly from Byunghun but he was holding it up high in the air. "Why do you have to be so tall for!!" you complained.

"Your fault for being too short!!" he poke his tongue out and ran off. "I'll see you at home shorty" he laughed.

You placed your hands on your hips and pouted, "I'm not that short, you're just too tall" you turned around and saw L standing just a few feet away from you. "Oh Myungsoo".

"Take care of her" Woohyun's voice kept playing in his head. [Idiot, why are you pushing her away from you].

You walked up to L and waved your hands in front of his face, "Myungsoo.. are you there?" you asked. He blinked and looked down at you, "What?". You stepped back, "You were dazing off.. was just wondering what you were thinking about that's all" you checked your watch, "The bus is late.. I'll probably just walk home. I'll see you tomorrow" you waved and walked off.

"Take care of her". L shook his head and stepped forward but his instincts told him something else. He sighed and turned around, "~~~~~" he called. You stopped and turned back, "What is it?" you asked.

L rubbed the back of his neck. [Can't believe I'm going to listen to him]. "I'll walk you home" he offered. You shook your head, "Nah it's okay. It's still bright so nothing will happen to me".

"But I want to" he blurted out. Your eyes rounded at what he just said, "You do?". He looked away, embarrassed, "...Yeah".

You had a bright smile on your face. [He's offering to take me home!!]. You wanted to jump up and down in excitement. Your heart was filled with happiness, "Okay" you squeaked.

L awkwardly coughed, "Let's go" he walked up to you and looked down to see you still smiling to yourself. He looked the other way and lightly chuckled. [This girl, always smiling at the smallest things I do for her]. "Come on" he said and walked a head. You nodded and followed him, still having a bright smile on.

The two of you walked past a fish stick stall and you stopped to look at the yummy food. You pressed your lips together and your lips. [I'm starting to crave for this].

"Can we have 6". You looked up to see L paying for it. He took the container and thanked the ajumma.

You looked back at the fish sticks. [Damn you fish sticks, for making me want you]. "Ajumma, can I have-".

"You want more?" L asked. You looked at him confused, "What do you mean? I haven't even bought any yet". L held up the container, consisting of 6 fish sticks, "I already bought you 3".

Your eyes widened, "T-That's for me?" you pointed to the container. He nodded, with his poker face. "Okay" you turned to the ajumma and bowed your head, "We'll be going now".

"Your boyfriend is so caring. You two make a cute couple" she complimented. Your face suddenly turned red and you waved your hands in front of you, "N-No, we're not-" you stopped when you felt L's arm wrapped around your neck and he pulled you closer to him, "We really make a cute couple?" he asked.

The ajumma nodded, "The cutest couple I've ever seen" she smiled brightly. You blushed even more deeper at this point and you cupped your cheeks with your hands. L smiled, "Thanks ajumma" he then lead you away.

When the two of you were far enough, you pushed his arm away, "Why didn't you say that we weren't a couple?" you asked him.

"She's not our friend, she doesn't need to know" he lightly smiled. You nodded, "But still.." you coughed and muttered, "We're not going out".

L walked in front of you and turned around to face you. You stopped and looked up at him. He tilted his head, slightly, "Do you want to go out with me?" he asked. Your eyes widened and looked away trying to avoid eye contact with him. "I just want to know.. do you?".

Your mind was going crazy, your face was burning up and you bit your lip. "Even if I do answer to that question, your answer wouldn't match mine" you felt your heart beat increasing, but it wasn't because of nervousness, it was filled with pain.

"Yeah, you're right, my answer wouldn't be the same as yours". Your heart sank at his answer. You bit your lip trying hard to not let a tear fall down. He looked at your face. [Is she going to cry?]. He suddenly lifted his hand to touch your cheeks but you looked at him and he retreated his hand, fast.

"Um, let's go home" you walked past him and wiped the tears falling down your cheeks. [Babo, why am I crying?]. You sniffled and didn't want to turn around, but continued to walk.

L saw you walking away and looked back at the container of fish sticks and smiled. [I'm becoming softer towards her, never thought I would]. He noticed that you were walking further away and ran up to catch you, "Wait up" he called. You stopped and turned around to see him running to you.

"I thought you left me there for a sec" he said. You chuckled, "Well at least you ran after me" you smiled. The two of you then walk off, in the direction of your house.

-----------------------------

Both of you were walking down your neighborhood and you were kicking a little pebble at your feet.

"Want one?" L handed you a fish stick. You looked at it and back to L, "Thanks" you reached for it and took a bite. You couldn't help but have a huge smile on your face while eating it.

L looked down at you to see you smiling, "You seem to always smile when I give you something" he said. You stopped smiling and awkwardly cleared your throat, "Doesn't mean that I'm smiling at you. I was smiling at something else" you denied.

"Like what?" he questioned. You looked away, trying to find something to say. [What do I say.. what should I say?]. "I'm smiling because.." you looked down at your half eaten fish stick, "Because I'm eating this for free" you held it up and smiled. L nodded, "Well it won't be for free anymore" he held out his hand, "Pay up!!".

You glared at him, "Too bad!! I'm not paying up" you poke your tongue out and shoved the last bits in your mouth.

"Next time you're shouting me this" he held up the container. You looked at it and nodded, "Fine next time" you muttered. He patted your head, "Good girl".

Your eyes widened when he patted your head. You looked at him, "You seem different.." you started. He blinked at you, "How am I different?" he asked. You shrugged, "Last time you were always cold towards me and never talked to me.. why now?".

He thought back to Woohyun. [It's not because of him..]. He looked down at you, "Because I want to.. can't I?" he asked.

You shook your head, "It's just that you told me to forget you and all but you're starting to talk to me more which makes it harder to forget you" you said. "Go on" he was interested in what you had to say.

"If you want me to forget you than you shouldn't be talking to me, but then I like it when you do" you admitted. He continued to stare at you, "I don't know why I started to talk to you more. I just happened to see you everywhere" he said.

"Can I ask a question" you started. L nodded. You looked at him in the eyes, "The play.. did you want to kiss Jungmi?" you had to know. He was shocked at your sudden question but kept a poker face. "If the script told me to than I would" he answered. You looked away, "So when I told you not to kiss hr, you didn't want to because you were following the script?".

He straightened up, "To be honest, I wasn't going to kiss her". You turned your head to him, waiting for him to continue. "I was going to cover the kiss, so it would look like I'm kissing her but I'm not" he confessed.

Your face softened at the confession. You quickly hugged him, "Thanks oppa for listening!!" you said while smiling brightly. He chuckled and patted your back, "Yeah". You let go and stepped back, "I was worried that you were really going to kiss her" you patted her chest.

"Then who did you want me to kiss?" he asked with curiosity. You turned to him, "Me-" you quickly covered your mouth. [Babo, what are you saying!!]. You wanted to slap yourself in the face for answering the question. L chuckled, "I can't believe you actually answered that question" he was amused.

You brightly blushed pink, "Shut up!!" you muttered. "What about you? Who did you want to kiss?" you asked, wondering what he would answer.

L stopped chuckling and looked at you, "I think you know the answer" he turned around and continued to walk ahead. You lightly pouted, "I know the answer?" you thought for a moment and then your eyes rounded. [Is he talking about me?]. You turned to see him walked away, "Is it me?" you whispered to yourself.

You ran up to him and blocked his path. He stopped and looked at you, bewildered. You looked up at him, "Can I ask you a question?" you asked. He nodded. "I know you answered this before but I want to make sure if you still think the same way. Do you.. like me?" you looked at him straight in the eyes.

It started to ran but the two of you didn't care. "Do you want me to like you?" he asked. You thought for a moment and then truthfully nodded, "I do". He smiled, "So you haven't thought of giving up on me?".

"I did, but I just couldn't because whenever I see you, I love you even more" you confessed. L's eyes widened when you mentioned the word love. He didn't noticed that you love him that much. "So I just want to know, would you ever like me?" you asked.

He's eyes softened, "Answer me this, you will never give up on me right?". You immediately nodded, "I will never will. Even if you push me away I will never give up on you". L nodded, "Better keep that promise".

You gave him a look, "Keep that promise?" you asked. He smiled and took out your umbrella from inside his bag, "You'll figure it out" he said and opened up the umbrella, covering you two, "Let's go home".

The two of you walked home and you were still thinking about what he said just then. [Better keep that promise.. I promised him something?].