Birthday Girl

Smile For Me

T-ara - Lovey Dovey

--------------------------------

 

Soomin excitedly ran into school and saw you at your locker. She clapped her hands together and you turned around. You saw her, "Oh hey Soomin". She smiled brightly and ran up to you. "Guess what!!" she was right in front of your face. You blinked at her, "What is it?".

She stepped back and took out her phone. She showed you her front cover. "Guess who gave me his?" she asked. You looked at it and tilted your head, "Why are you showing me the front cover of your phone?" you scratched your head, confused. She sighed, "You don't know what day it is do you?".

You looked up and down. "The date is.." your eyes widened, "Your birthday!!". Soomin nodded and you hugged her. "Ngaw happy birthday Soomin-ah" you congratulated her.

She giggled, "Thanks ~~~~~-ah".

"OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOOMIN-AH!!" Heejin and Mina came running down the hallway. You and Soomin looked up and saw them.

They hugged her tightly. "I can't believe that you're turning 18!!" Heejin said. She pulled back, "Now you're legal to do anything you want to!!" she grinned. Soomin nodded, "I know! I can't wait for my birthday party this week. Remember to come" she said. All of you nodded.

The bell rang and the four of you headed to class.

In class, everyone was saying happy birthday to Soomin and of course some guys even bought her cute presents. She accepted them but chucked them inside  her locker later, not carrying about them.

"That's mean to do that" you said, while tieing your shoe lace, getting ready for P.E.

She shrugged, "I don't care. It's only presents" she said and looked at herself in the mirror. You shook your head, "Still..".

Jungmi walked in and saw Soomin, she scoffed and looked at herself in the mirror also. "There's nothing pretty about you to look in the mirror" she was referring to Soomin.

Soomin's jaw dropped and she dagger Jungmi, "What did you say?" she raised her voice.

Jungmi glanced over at her, "Are you deaf or something?". She looked over at you, "I wonder what's so hot about you.." she scoffed and turned around to leave.

You frowned and wanted to fight back but you were lost at words at that moment. Soomin looked over to you and back to Jungmi, "YAH!! What did you say about her? She's way more hotter than a two face like you!!" she shouted. Jungmi stopped walking and spun around with a sharp glare, "Don't you dare raise your voice at me!!" she shouted back.

You tugged onto Soomin's arm, "Soomin-ah, let's go" you wanted the shouting to stop. Soomin looked at you, "Let me handle this" she then glared at Jungmi. "I see that the mirror hasn't cracked when you looked into it" she smiled sweetly and walked off with you.

Jungmi looked at you and Soomin with furious eyes. [What did she say to me?!]. She sharply turned around and stared at the back of the two of you walking away. "They are going to pay" she promised herself.

----------------------

P.E. class has started and everyone was lining up, ready to play what ever the teacher was deciding on.

"Class, today we will play soccer. So I've already split you up into teams" she started calling out who was on which team.

You and Soomin was on the blue team while Heejin and Mina was on the red. People started moving from the centre to their designed team. You watched as people were moving to your team. Jungmi was on the other team, so that made you more comfortable.

"Now blue team go to the right side of the court and red team on the left" she instructed.

The teams walked to their right place and everyone was standing around waiting for the teacher to blow the whistle. She was about to when Infinite walked into the class. She turned around, "Late again". She wrote something down on her clipboard. "Now split and go into a team" she ordered. They rolled their eyes and walked up to the court.

Woohyun saw you and ran to your team, "I'm in my hotty's team" he winked at you. You looked at him and rolled your eyes.

Jungmi saw this and she glared at you. [Why is he always next to her? I'm way more better and good looking then her]. She smiled to herself. When she saw Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Hoya walking to her side she lightly flickered her hair. They didn't even paid attention to her and she started to pout. [Don't worry, one day you'll all fall for me]. She promised herself.

"The game is starting!" the teacher blew on the whistle and everyone ran up to get the ball.

Soomin got the ball and passed it to you. You got it and dribbled it towards the other side. You saw L free, so you kicked it to him. He looked down and saw the ball at his feet. He looked back up and saw you waving to the other side, "Dribble it into the goal!" you shouted but Hoya stole the ball and dribbled it back the other way. You sighed. [Gosh, was it so hard to dribble the ball]. You then ran back the other side.

Sunggyu scored and the red team had 1 point. You made a face and walked back to your position, you looked over at L and shook your head. He looked at you. [What did I do wrong? I didn't kick the ball and now she's angry with me?]. He smirked and looked the other way.

The teacher blew the whistle again and the second round started. This time, Woohyun got the ball and saw Sungjong open, so he kicked it to him. Sungjong ran up to the ball and kicked it into the goal. It went straight in and everyone in your team cheered.

"YES!!" you and Soomin jumped up and down.

"Don't get too excited" Woohyun said and wriggled his eyebrows. You rolled your eyes and looked over at Soomin, "We got a goal!" you exclaimed. She nodded.

After playing soccer for a while, the score board was even. This was the last round and everyone was hyped up. You ran for the ball and dribbled it, you passed it to a guy and he dribbled it to the other side. You were running backwards but then tripped over someone's foot. You landed on your .

"Better watch where you're going next time" Jungmi smirked at you.

You looked up and furrowed your eyebrows together in annoyance. You stood up and brushed the dirt off your clothes. Jungmi crossed her arms then walked off. [What was that all about?]. You wondered. You heard cheering and looked over at the other side to see Soomin jumping up and down. You smiled, knowing that your team had just won. She ran up to you and hugged you, "We won!!" she said.

Heejin and Mina walked over, "Yah that was a good game" Mina said. Heejin nodded, "Now let's go celebrate Soomin's birthday by having rice cakes" she said. Everyone nodded and headed to the shower room to the change.

-------------------------

The four of you were now wearing your uniform and walking down the streets to the rice cake house. You all reached it and walked inside the small restaurant. All four of you found a table near the back and sat down.

"What would you like?" asked a waiter.

"Four plates of rice cakes please" Soomin ordered. The waiter nodded and walked off.

You looked around the place, "I've never seen this place before" you said, admiring the interior.

Soomin looked around, "This place has been here since forever" she looked at you, "You've never been here before?" she asked. You shook your head, "I never knew this place existed" you chuckled.

Heejin leaned over to you, "Where were you yesterday?" she suddenly asked. You looked at her, "I was busy. Why was that?". Heejin looked over at Soomin and they both smirked.

"Busy? Doing what?" Mina was curious.

You looked around and saw that your food was coming. "Oh look, our food is here. Eat first, talk later" you said. The waiter placed the plates in front of you's and walked off. You started eating, without answering to Mina's question. She looked at you weirdly and shrugged her shoulders and began eating as well.

Soomin placed a rice cake in and chewed on it carefully, "So tell me, where is Beast?" she asked.

You looked at her, knowing that she was talking to you. "They went to Japan for this transfer program their school is having" you answered. She looked up with wide eyes, "Transfer program? For how long?".

"2 to 3 months" you answered, casually. She gulped down her food and continued to stare at you. "And you're fine?". You eyed her, "Why wouldn't I be fine?" you were confused at her random question.

She sat back, "They are going to be gone for that long. Thought you would muss them a lot" she shrugged her shoulders.

You chuckled, "Their my friends, of course I'll miss them. Just like I'll miss you guys if you were to go somewhere" you said.

They smiled and nodded. "Of course you will miss us" Soomin grinned at you.

The four of you talked and laughed at the stories that you were telling them about the times you attended CUBE Academy.

After eating, the four of you headed out to a dessert place and stayed there for a while. You ordered cake and all of you sang Happy Birthday to Soomin.

"Thanks guys" she was getting teary.

"Blow the candles!" you said. She nodded her head and blew out all the candles. Everyone in the store clapped their hands and cheered.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOOMIN!" the three of you shouted.