Do You Like Me?

Smile For Me

After School - Shampoo

--------------------------------------------------------

 

The teacher was already waiting for the two of you in the drama room. When the doors opened, you and L walked inside. The teacher sat up straight on her seat, "Finally the two of you arrived. I thought you weren't going to come" she sounded relieved.

[I thought this guy wouldn't show up but he did]. You looked at L and back to the teacher. She smiled, "Well let's get to work" she clapped her hands together.

The two of you weren't wearing your costumes and were still in the school's uniform. You stood on the other side of the stage and L, opposite of you. The teacher was talking to L and for the while time you were staring at his handsome face. [Why do I keep staring at his face?]. L looked up and saw you staring. You quickly looked away and pretend to check your nails.

[She always stare away when I look at her]. L wondered why and didn't listen to what the teacher was instructing him to do.

"Do you understand?" the teacher asked. L nodded. "Good" the teacher then headed to you. "~~~~~ I want you to remember your lines this time. We are working on the scene you messed up before" she didn't sound so proud. You nodded, "Yes Ms.".

She walked back to the front of the stage and sat down at her seat, "Okay. Ready, action" she cued.

You inhaled and breathed out slowly. [You can do this ~~~~~, just be natural as you can You don't like L!!]. You were shocked at the last part. [Why did I think that?]. You saw L nodding his head to the middle of the stage and you quickly got into character.

The two of you acted out the scene in no time and luckily, there was no mistakes. The teacher clapped her hands together, "Well done. Now that's what I call acting. ~~~~~ you remembered your lines this time" she was proud of you.

"Yeah I know" you sheepishly grinned. You looked up and saw L smiling but only for a few second. He looked down at you, "What are you staring at?" he asked. You quickly turned your head to the face the teacher, "N-Nothing". He gave you a weird look, "O-K".

"Now I want you two to act out the last scene" she ordered. Your eyes widened when she mentioned it. [But that scene is where..]. You gulped, "Ms. we don't need to do that scene.. I think there are other scenes we still need to work on" you nervously said.

The teacher turned around and thought for a moment, "I just want to see if your characters have chemistry already" she said and walked back to her seat.

Your heart was beating faster than usual. [Can we just skip the kiss though..]. You looked over at L, who wasn't nervous at all. [How can he not be nervous?]. You walked over to where your glass coffin was suppose to be. "Please make this be over fast" you whispered to yourself and laid down.

L got into his position and looked over at the teacher for her cue. She nodded, "Action". L looked straight ahead and walked over to you.

"Oh princess, who has done this to you?" he asked, with his handsome voice.

[Oh no.. it's going to come. Please, please make this be over now]. You tried hard not to open your eyes but then you couldn't help it. You peaked a bit and saw his face coming down closer. [ !! He's coming closer]. Your heart was racing, your face blushing and stomach turning. [Here comes the feeling again]. You shut your eyes and waited for the kiss.

The teacher continued to look at the two of you. She smiled and clapped her hands, "Alright, we'll stop here" she grinned. You quickly opened your eyes and saw L's face close to yours. You widened your eyes at the closeness still. You pushed him away and sat up. He fell back onto the ground.

"What was that about?!" he shot at you.

You gasped, "Sorry, it was a reflex" you explained and bit your lip.

The teacher walked over, "That's not nice ~~~~~. Well since we finished early, you guys can help me pack up the costume room? I have a class in the morning and we're having an activity involving dressing up and I want the closet to be spotless. Can you guys clean it up?" she asked.

You looked at her then to L. [I have to spend time with him again? I just want to go home though]. But reluctantly you nodded your head, "Neh, it's alright" you lazily answered.

The teacher grinned, "Excellent!! Here is the closet keys, keep it safe" she smiled. "When you two finish, you can leave" with that she left the classroom.

You sighed and walked over to the back where the costume room was. When you reached it, there were costumes everywhere. Some where hanging off the racks, some where on the floor and some lying on top of boxes. "Lazy teacher, tell us to do her job" you muttered.

"Who are you cursing at?" L came up from behind you.

You jumped a bit and looked at him, "Nothing" you answered and walked inside to start cleaning it up. [I forgot he was here]. L shrugged and followed you inside.

"Where does these go?" L held up a clown wig. You looked at it and shrugged, "I don't know. Check where it says wig and place it in there" you went back to folding pants.

You looked over at L, chucking wigs into a basket. [Are they others right? Do I like this guy?]. You continued to stare at him and you didn't know that you were already gazing at his handsome features. [How can someone be so handsome?].

"Why do you keep staring at me?" he asked, looking up at you. You quickly ducked and looked away. [Caught!!]. L tilted his head, "Why do you keep doing that?".

"Doing what?" you still didn't look up at him. You were avoiding his gaze. You picked up another pant and started folding it, ignoring L's presence.

"You're doing it again" he said. You looked at him, "What am I doing?" you gave him a look. "Whenever I catch you staring at me and I look at you, you always quickly turn away" he smiled a bit, "Why's that?".

You cleared your throat, "I don't know.And how would you know that I'm staring at you?" you glared at him.

He lightly chuckled, "If you weren't looking at me then why would you need to turn away when I look at you?" he became curious.

[Why does he care if I stare at him?]. "Do I need a reason to stare at you?" you asked. He nodded immediately, "Of course. No one stares at someone without a proper reason" he paused, "Then what's your reason for staring at me?".

You breathed out and swallowed hard. "My reason" you were starting to get hot. [Why is it so hot in here?]. L was waiting for your answer, "Well?". You looked at him, "W-Why do you need to know my reason?" you were starting to get nervous.

L crossed his arms and leaned back onto the boxes behind him, "You're not like this when Woohyun calls you hotty" he said. You shrugged, "It's Woohyun, he's a flirt. Why should I asked like this to him?" you chuckled.

"So you admit it" he said. You shot him a look, "Admit what?" you asked. He smiled, "Admit that you act differently towards me compared to Woohyun" he explained. You stared at him, shocked. [, busted. That smart ]. You tried to act natural, "I did not admit to anything" you stated and went back to folding the pants.

----------------------

After folding and placing things in boxes, you and L had finally finished cleaning the costume room. You stood up and ducted your hands together, "Finally, I finished" you smiled happily, with your back facing L.

L stood up, "You still didn't answer my question" he walked closer to you.

You rolled your eyes and turned around, "You're still on-" you stood when you saw how close he was to you. [He's so close]. You blinked fast and looked away.

"You're doing it again" he said. You gulped, "D-Doing what?" you still avoid his gaze. "Don't tell me you can't look at me because.. you like me?" he asked. Your head turned to him straight away, "What?!" you blurted.

He smiled, "Then stare into my eyes and say you don't like me" he looked straight at you. "Go, say it" he dared.

You slowly stared at him, "Kim Myungsoo.." you started. L's eyes widened. [She said my name.. my actual name. No one has ever called me by that name.. except Infinite]. He couldn't believe you called him by his real name. You blinked at him, "What's wrong?".

He shook his head, "Nothing.. go say it" he continued. You stared at him, "Kim Myungsoo". L was still not used to someone calling him that. You took a deep breath, "I don't.." you were once again lost in his eyes. You lightly shook your head, "I don't like.. you" you finally finished the sentence. [My head feels relieved but my heart still feels heavy].

L stepped back, "Well I'm going home" he started to walk out of the room. "Wait!!: you ran after him, but tripped over a box. L turned back and you fell into him, which caused the two of you to land on the floor.

"Ow" you pulled yourself up and opened your eyes to see that you were on top of L. [OMG!!]. You stared in his eyes and he was staring back. [Okay, this feeling has got to go. It keeps appearing when I'm close to him]. You continued to stare in his eyes.

L on the other hand, was staring right back at you. [What's wrong with this girl? She's always so clumsy]. He didn't realised that he was staring back into your eyes.

You quickly got up and straightened up. You brushed the dust off your skirt and straightened your blazer. "Sorry" you slightly bowed and walked out. L sat up and looked at you leaving. [Can I believe her when she said she doesn't like me?].

You were walking to your bag and opened it up to place your script inside when you saw L's jacket. You took it out and turned your head to see him walking out from the costume room.

"You're jacket" you held it out. He stopped walking and looked up to see you holding his jacket. "Aren't you going to take it?" you asked.

L walked up to you and took his jacket from your hand, "You're giving my jacket back?" he asked. You gave him a weird look, "Of course I'll give it back to you, why wouldn't I?". [This guy is weird, why would I want to keep your jacket for?]

"Thought you would of chucked it away, since I was so mean to you last time" he reminded.

You thought back to the time L went off at you. "Well I got over it, so there's your jacket" you got your bag and put it on.

"Okay" he answered and walked over to his bag.

You opened the door to the room and looked back to see L placing his jacket on. [What happened if he knew I liked him?]. You let out a sigh and walked out.

----------------------

You were sitting at the bus stop, waiting for the bus. For some reason, you felt like walking home, so you got up and bean walking. You felt someone following you so you turned around and saw that it was L.

"Why are you following me?" you were shocked.

He shrugged, "I felt like walking home, which happens to be in the same direction as your house" he pointed ahead.

You crossed your arms, "Can't you find another way instead of walking this direction?" you frowned.

"Why would I want to do that? This way is more closer to my house. I don't want to take the long way home" he said and walked past you.

You turned around and poke your tongue out at him. "Stop poking your tongue out at me" he said without turning his back. You lightly frowned and followed him.

The two of you were walking to the lights and it was red. Both of you were now waiting together for the light to turn green. You sometimes glance over at L and quickly look away before he could bust you staring at him.

L smiled slightly, "I know that you keep staring at me".

[I swear does he have eyes around his head or something? He seems to always know]. You cleared your throat, "I was not staring at you. I was staring at the other side o the road to see if there were cars" you explained.

He nodded, "I see. And I was in the way so you decided to stare at me instead?" he turned his head towards you. You looked at him and could feel blush appearing on your cheeks. "N-No!!" you shot and turned to the front again.

The lights turned green and so you started to walk, fast. You got over to the other side before L and turned back to see him walking casually. You breathed out and walked off.

When you reached your house, L was still following you. "Why do you keep following me? Your house isn't next to mine" you said.

He pointed forward and you gazed at where he was pointing, "My house id just the next street ahead" he said. You turned to look at him and slowly nodded. "Well I'm heading inside" you opened your gate.

"~~~~~" he called. You turned around, "Yes?" you said, but your voice came out a bit shaky than expected. He looked at you, "It seems like your nervous whenever I'm around or something..". You blinked at him. "I wonder why's that?" he thought. He then snapped his fingers which made you jump a bit, "Do you like me?" he asked you directly.

You blinked even more. You were lost of words at what he just asked you. [He's asking me this again?]. "How many times do I have to tell you? I.Don't.Like.You" you said.

He nodded, "Okay, better be true" he turned around and walked off.

[Does he want me to like him?]. You opened your gate wider and stepped inside. You opened your front door and headed straight to your room. You sat down on your bed and looked at the chair where the jacket used to be. [Why do I miss seeing the jacket?]. You laid down and thought back at what L just said.

"Do you like me?"

You sat up and sighed heavily, "Why does my heart tell me something different than my mind?". You thought back to L and your heart started beating faster, you felt your chest and slowly a smile appeared on your face. "L~".