Absence

Smile For Me

Son Dam Bi - Can't See You

------------------------------------------------------

 

You ran home and headed straight up stairs. You closed your bedroom door and quickly hugged your teddy bear. [What just happened?]. You remembered how L shouted at you. You closed your eyes and hugged the bear tighter.

The sun was shining through your curtains and you were still sitting on your bed. Last night you didn't sleep at all, you were still hugging the bear.

Byunghun then loudly knocked on your door, "YAH PIG!! WAKE UP" he yelled then walked away. You looked at the clock and saw that it was time for school. [I don't even want to go to school]. So you stayed in bed, waiting for time to fly by.

After a good 30 minutes, Byunghun came back and knocked on your door again, "YAH LEE ~~~~~ ARE YOU AWAKE? WE HAVE SCHOOL" he shouted. He didn't hear an answer from you, so he opened your door, "~~~~~ aren't you going to school?" he asked.

You shook your head, "I feel sick" you said. He narrowed his eyes at you, "Are you lying?" he asked. You shook your head, "I'm really sick. I need to rest Byunghun. Please close the door" you said and laid down.

He tilted his head in confusion, "I guess you really are sick". He then closed your door and walked down stairs.

You closed your eyes. [Why does it hurt so much to be yelled by him..].

--------------------

Mina, Soomin and Heejin were waiting in front of the school for you but when Byunghun rocked up by himself, they grew curious.

"Byunghun, why isn't your sister with you today?" Soomin asked him. He looked at her, "She's sick" he answered and walked into school.

Soomin looked at the other two, "She was fine yesterday, wonder what happened". The other two shrugged their shoulders, not knowing. The three of them then started to head into the school.

In class, everyone was being noisy and rowdy like usual. Mr. Kim walked in and everyone quieted down. He looked over at your table to see it empty, "Lee ~~~~~ isn't here?" he asked. Soomin shook her head, "She's sick sir" she answered.

Just then Infinite walked in. They saw that your table was empty and took their seat behind it. Woohyun looked over at Sunggyu, "~~~~~ isn't here.. wonder what happened" he said.

Sunggyu shrugged, "Could be because of someone" he looked over at L.

"What?" L had a straight face on. Sunggyu shook his head, "Nothing" he said and faced the front. L looked over at your table, placed his elbows on his table and leaned his chin on the back of his palm. [She wouldn't be away because of what happened yesterday right?].

Class was soon over and lunch time came. Infinite went to their usual table and looked over at your table. They still didn't see you but only three of your friends.

"She's still not here" Woohyun pouted. "My hotty probably got scared because of a certain someone" he shot L a look.

L looked at him, "Why are you blaming me? She could of been sick" he at his kimchi silently.

"Don't we have rehearsal today? Who's going to play her role?" Dongwoo asked. L shrugged, "Guess we'll have to do it without her today" he said.

Jungmi walked over to your table and didn't see you anywhere. "Lee ~~~~~ still hasn't came to school? I guess for the play I have to play her part then" she giggled along with her friends.

Soomin glared at her, "Just because she's not here doesn't mean she wouldn't be here for the play" she pointed out.

Jungmi stopped giggling and looked at Soomin, "Well when the teacher sees how great I am at being Snow White then she's going to have to kick ~~~~~ out of the play" she smirked.

Soomin was getting angry, "Why you little-". Heejin grabbed Soomin's arm and shook her head. Soomin let out an angry sigh and looked the other way.

Jungmi smiled, "Well nice talking to you" she waved and walked off, chuckling with her friends.

"Why did you stop me? I was going to show that chick what I'm made of" Soomin angrily shot.

Heejin sighed, "She's not woth it. Just let it be". Soomin crossed her arms and looked at her food, "I just lost my appetite thanks to her".

At drama practice, everyone was there except you. The teacher called for you, "Where is ~~~~~?" she asked.

Jungmi smiled, "She's not here Ms, I can replace her spot" she offered. The teacher shook her head, "No need,  we can work on your role for now" she said. Jungmi's face fell and she angrily pouted.

Infinite was sitting at the back and didn't participate in the practice. "I'm tired, let's go" Sunggyu yawned. They then left the drama room without anyone noticing.

-----------------------

Days have past and you still didn't go to school. Infinite started to wonder where you were off to.

L began to wonder that your absence was because of him. [Is it my fault that she's not here?]. He shook his head. [Nah it wouldn't be]. But something inside of him thought differently.

During drama practice, the teacher was getting worried because of the amount of practices you have missed out.

"Have anyone heard of ~~~~~?" she asked the class. They all shook their heads. Jungmi on the other hand had a smirk on her face. [If ~~~~~ keeps this up then I'll definitely get that Snow White role].

Infinite was all starting to worry about you.

"Man she hasn't been to school for days" Sungjong said.

Dongwoo nodded, "I wonder what happened to her?" he asked. Hoya shook his head, "I have no clue".

L was sitting in the corner, being quiet. Sunggyu turned to him, "L, I think you should apologise to her" he said.

L looked at him, "What? Why would I need to apologise to her for? I did nothing wrong" he crossed his arms.

Sungyeol walked up to him and patted his back, "Look, it was your fault that she isn't at school" he said. L looked at him and sighed, "Well I don't know where she lives".

Woohyun placed his hand up, "We can ask her brother" he suggested.

Everyone looked at him and nodded. L scoffed and leaned back on his chair. [Why do I have to do this for? Stupid ~~~~~~ for not being here].

After school, Infinite was waiting for Byunghun at the front gate. When they saw him walking out, they blocked his path. Byunghun looked up and stepped back automatically, "Infinite.." he said.

They smiled at him. "You're ~~~~~~'s brother right?" Woohyun asked. Byunghun nodded. "Then will you show us where your house is?".

"Why?" Byunghun gave them a suspicious look.

Sunggyu stepped forward, "We have homework that she missed out on" he explained. Byunghun nodded, "Follow me".

Infinite all smiled at each other and followed him. L scoffed and slowly walked behind.

-----------------------

You were lying in bed and still thinking about the time L was shouting at you. [It had been days since that happened and I'm still lying in bed].

"Sweetie, you have visitors" your mum called from outside your room. You groaned, "Tell them I'm sleeping!!" you said and pulled the blanket over your head. "But sweetie they said that they are from-".

"Their Infinite you babo! Come out now" Byunghun shouted. You quickly flipped the blanket off your head and sat up, "Infinite?" you slowly got out of bed and opened your bedroom door.

Byunghun looked at you, "Infinite is downstairs" he whispered to you.

You straightened up, "Why did they come?" you asked. He shrugged, "Go find out yourself" and he walked into his room. You slowly walked out of your room and down stairs. You saw Infinite in your living room and they turned to look at you. You froze at their stares. [What are they doing here?]. You saw L and quickly turned your head the other direction.

Sunggyu waved, "We came to see you" he said. "How are you?".

You looked at him, "I'm fine" you answered and walked past them to the kitchen. They turned and followed you.

"Why haven't you been to school?" Woohyun asked, slightly pouting. You looked at him, "Why do you care?". He shrugged, "Because I do" he grinned.

Sungjong walked up to you, "Drama practices is very boring because our Snow White isn't there" he smiled. You blushed and turned the other way. "You're just saying that" you said and walked past him to head to the living room. They followed you again.

"You're not going to quit the drama play are you?" Dongwoo asked. You stopped walking and turned to face him. All of Infinite's eyes were on you, waiting for you to answer. "Why would you asked that?" you tilted your head.

Sungyeol shrugged, "Because you missed out on a lot of practices" he explained.

You looked at the ground and up to meet eyes with L. [His stare isn't scary as before]. Your heart started to beat faster and you quickly looked away, "I would never quit the play.. I was just sick" you said.

They all nossed. "Oh so you were sick. I thought you didn't go to school was because of someone" Woohyun eyed L.

You looked at L, "No I was really sick" you faked a cough. "See" you smiled and walked over to the door. "Is that all you wanted to know?" you asked. They all looked at each other and nodded, "Pretty much" Sungjong said.

"Well thanks for visiting" you opened your front door and smiled at them. They walked over to the door and walked out of your house. Woohyun turned back, "Are you going to school from now on?" he asked. You slowly nodded, "Yeah". He smiled and waved at you. You weakly smiled at him and closed the door.

Infinite was outside and stretched their arms, "Well it looks like she's not scared of you L" Woohyun slapped his arm.

"See I told you, she was sick" L gave the others a look. They chuckled and bowed their head, "Sorry".

You leaned your back onto the door and let out a big sigh. [They actually came to my house]. You then thought about L and at the thought of him, your heart started beating faster and your cheeks turned pink. You touched your cheeks. [Why am I blushing?]. You shook your head, "Maybe it's just hot in here" you looked around your living room and walked up stairs to your room.