True Feelings

Smile For Me

Bekha - Take Me To The Place

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

You woke up in the middle of the night. You turned to look at the clock and it read 4am. You sat up and looked over at your table, you walked over and saw the script for the play, Snow White.

You sat down on your chair and began reading through it. At that instant, memories of you and L rehearsing together played in your mind like a movie. You tried to press pause but it kept playing. You remembered the time when L was about to kiss you. The first time you saw him and the time he yelled at you. All those memories played in your mind and a single tear dropped onto the script.

"I'm crying?" you touched your cheeks and felt water on your finger tips. You pulled your fingers back and saw water. You looked down at the script and saw L's name. [I can't be crying because of him]. You placed your arms on the table and burrowed your head in your arms and silently cried for the whole night. [L I hate you for making me fall for you this hard].

----------------------------

"Class I want you to work in groups and measure each others height, for this test I have in planned for the class" the Maths teacher clapped his hands together. "In groups of 4".

You sat up and walked over to Soomin and the other girls but someone grabbed your arm. You looked back and saw Woohyun smiling at you, "I want to work with my hotty~" he cooed and pulled you away. You looked back, "But-but".

Soomin had a confused expression on her face. "What happened?" she scratched her head and turned to the other two girls. "Heejin shrugged, "I think she's working with Woohyun" she pointed to you and Woohyun. Mina nodded, "Well, we're working without her then" she clapped her hands together.

You pulled your arm away from Woohyun's grip and looked at him, "What was that about? I want to work with Soomin and the others" you said and turned around to see L with Jungmi. You immediately froze. Woohyun directed his attention to where you were staring and saw Jungmi and L, he grabbed your arm and lead you towards them. Your eyes widened. [What is this guy doing?].

L looked up and saw Woohyun leading you towards him and Jungmi. You stopped in front of the two of them and didn't dare to look up.

"L let's work together. Since we have to work in groups of 4 right?" he smiled. L looked at you then back to Woohyun, "Sure" he answered. Jungmi smiled, "Well let's start measuring" she held out the tape, excited.

You looked at Jungmi and she smirked at you. [Sorry ~~~~~, but I have a better chance with L than you ever would]. She linked arms with him and your eyes widened at their skin ship. [They've became that close already?]. You looked up at L and had hurt written all over your face. L ignored Jungmi and looked at you.

Woohyun then broke the staring contest you both did and pulled you away. "Let me measure my hotty first" he pulled the measurement tape out and told you to stand against the wall. You did and he measured you. "Wow hotty, you're short" he teased. You shot him a look to shut him up but he continued to laugh.

Jungmi was about to measure L but she was called to the principle's office. "Now?" she dropped her stuff on the table and walked out the room.

"Hey since Jungmi isn't here to measure L, why don't you do it ~~~~~?" Woohyun asked you.

You looked at L and reluctantly nodded, "Okay.." you softly said and took the measurement tape. Woohyun got the clipboard and was ready to record his height. You bent down and slowly straightened out the tape on the wall. You reached his stomach and slowly up to his face. You had to tippy tow by the time you reached his face. You turned to tell Woohyun the measurement but saw L's face next to your's. You quickly froze and stared directly in his eyes.

L looked back into your eyes, not staring away. [She's staring at me with those eyes again.. she hasn't forgotten about me has she..]. Even though L wanted to break the staring contest, he continued to look at you.

You gulped and since your were on your tippy toes, your feet started to cramp up, "Ow!!" you placed your feet down flat on the ground and moved them around. Woohyun looked at you, "What happened?" he asked. You massaged your foot, "It cramped up.. L's too tall" you tried to make a joke about it.

Woohyun patted your back, "Babo~ if he was too tall then why didn't you ask me to measure him?" he chuckled. "I don't know" you looked up at L who was looking away. [If you don't like me than why didn't you break the staring contest first? You're so confusing L]. You continued to rub your cramp feet.

Maths class was soon over and you were walking up to your locker. You opened it and got your books for next period. You slowly stopped what you were doing and stared blankly a head. You remembered back in Maths class and how close your face was to L.

[I wonder what it feels like to kiss him..]. Your eyes widened at what you just though and quickly slammed your locker door shut, not realizing that your other arm was still placed inside. The side of the door hit your wrist and you jumped back in pain. "Owww" you hissed as you were holding onto your wrist.

"You hurt yourself again? Why don't you just place a cautious sign everywhere you go" L chuckled. You turned your head to see him. "Why do you care?" you shot and walked off.

L turned around to see you walking away, "Whenever she's hurt, I'm always there to see it..".

You walked around the corner and breathed out heavily. "Finally away from him..".

"Away from who?". You shot your head up and gasped when you saw Jungmi standing in front of you. "No one" you blurted. She gave you a weird look and poke her head out from the corner to see who you were running away from. She saw L turning around and walking the other direction. She smirked, "You still talk to him?" she raised an eyebrow.

You shook your head, "A-Aniyo!! I don't talk to him.." you defended yourself. She scoffed, "Even when you quit the play, you still want him.. your so selfish!!" she shot at you.

"A-Aniyo" you protested. Then a hand slapped across your face. You touched the sore cheek and looked up to see Jungmi glaring at you. "Stay. Away. From. Him" she warned.

"HEY!!" someone shouted. The two of you turned to where the voice was coming from. Both your eyes widened at Woohyun walking towards you. "Oppa.." Jungmi's voice came out shaky.

Woohyun came to your side and place his arm around your neck, "Why did you slap her?" he shot at Jungmi. She flinched at the loudness in his voice, "O-Oppa.. I.."

"We were rehearsing for out mini play" you explained. Woohyun and Jungmi both looked at you, surprised. "What?" Woohyun was confused. You looked up at Woohyun, "We were just rehearsing, not big right Jungmi?" you looked at her. She slowly nodded, "That's right oppa!! We were rehearsing" she nervously chuckled and walked off quickly.

Woohyun looked back at you, "Were you two really rehearsing?" he asked, not believing what you just said. You nodded, "Why would she slap me if we weren't rehearsing?" you smiled, trying to make your answer convincing. Woohyun nodded and touched your red cheek. You jumped a a bit from his touch. "My poor hotty" he pouted.

You looked at him. [Even though you're a flirt, you know how to care for people]. You smiled. He looked at you, "Why are you smiling for?" he asked. You shook your head, "Nothing~" you said and smiled even wider. Woohyun smiled too, he famous eye smile.

--------------------------------

The day had finally came to an end and you were waiting for Byunghun out in the front gate. You saw him walking with Chunji. [He's going to hang out with Chunji again]. You decided to head off first.

You were walking down the street to the bus stop when it started raining. You pulled out your umbrella and held it up. [Lucky I brought my umbrella]. You smiled and continued to walk to the bus stop.

The bus arrived at your bus stop and you got off. You opened your umbrella again, held it up and began walking home. You were nearly home when you saw a familiar figure walking in front of you without an umbrella. You squinted your eyes to get a better view. [Is that who I think it is?]. You ran up to him and covered him with your umbrella.

L looked down and saw you. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I could ask the same thing about you. Why are you out here without an umbrella?" you asked. He looked up and saw you covering him with your umbrella. "I don't use umbrellas" he said and walked off.

You ran after him and covered him again. "You're going to get sick if you're going to walk home like this" you took his hand to make him hold the umbrella but he pulled his hand away. You looked at him, surprised.

He turned to face you, "Why are you being like this?" he asked. You gave him a look, "Being like what?" you didn't understand what he meant. He sighed frustrated, "Being all nice to me. Staring at me all the time. Not forgetting about me and why tell me you like me? You think that doing all of these will make me fall for you? You think waiting for me that I'll eventually love you after?" he was getting angry.

You were surprised and stunned that he even asked you those questions. You felt your arm growing weak and soon you dropped the umbrella and you two were covered in rain. "W-What are you.. saying?" you asked.

"You know what I'm saying. Doing all of those won't make me fall for you!!" he raised his voice, still staring at you with those eyes.

You could feel tears blurring your vision. You didn't know if it was the rain hitting your eyes or actual tears. "You're right!! The reason I'm doing those things is because I'm actually gullible in thinking that one day you're going to fall for me!!". L's expression didn't change. You continued, "That if I wait long enough and keep showing you that I care about you, keep staring at you and I told you I like you because if you knew then you would fall for me one day. That's how gullible I am" you shouted and closed your eyes to which tears flowed down your cheeks.

You looked up at L, "There are you happy?!" you shouted at him.

He looked away, "The only reason I told you to forget about me because I don't want you to feel hurt after seeing me kissing another girl!!".

"You really think that I wanted to quit? I wanted to kiss you, I wanted to be Snow White!! I wanted to be YOUR princess" you truthfully said.

For the first time, L was shocked to hear what you said. He couldn't believe his ears. [Did I hear that properly? She wanted to kiss me? Be my princess?]. He stood there, shocked.

You continued, "I would never quit the play even if I injured my leg or my body, I'll still do it because of YOU!! Even if the play is fictional, I'll still be happy because I get to play the princess and be able to have you as my prince!!" tears began flowing down your cheeks.

L still stood there. Stunned and shocked at what you were saying. He didn't know what to say or how to act. He felt like a statue in the rain, his body was frozen in it's current spot.

Tears were flowing down your cheeks. You couldn't help it, the feelings you kept inside your heart couldn't be hidden anymore. "You know seeing you with Jungmi every time really made my heart hurt. Even though you two are acting, it still hurts!! It feels like a thousand needles just poked my heart at the same time. You know trying to forget about you is hard!! You're always in my mind, whatever I do, where ever I am, your in my MIND!!" you yelled.

L stayed silent.

You looked away, "There. That's how I feel" you walked off. [Is he going to follow me?]. You kept walking and felt no hand grabbing your arm, no foot steps were heard behind you. Your heart sank and more tears rolled down your checks. [Who am I kidding, he won't follow me. He doesn't even care about me or whatever I said]. You started to pick up speed and ran home while crying your eyes out.

L stayed still at his spot. "What just happened?" he asked himself. The image of you just then, crying and shouting at him your feelings were stuck in his mind. "~~~~~ you must really love me then.." he looked at you disappearing in the distance. He then slowly stepped forward, got your umbrella and looked at it. [~~~~~ you babo.. why fall for me..].

You ran home and headed straight to your room. You closed the door and sat down on the floor, hugging your legs and continued to cry.