The Stare

Smile For Me

B1A4 - I'm Sorry

-----------------------------------------------------

 

You were with Soomin, Heejin and Mina eating at a Italian restaurant. You ordered spaghetti and started digging in.

"So how was rehearsals todays?" Soomin asked, nudging you. You shot a look at Heejin and she sweetly smiled, "What? I didn't say anything" she began eating again like she was innocent. You narrowed your eyes at her and swallowed your food, "It was fine" was all you said.

Soomin eyed you, "Is that all?" she asked. You nodded. "But I heard something else happened" she pouted her lips and made kissing noises. Your face grew redder by the second, "Y-Yah!! W didn't kiss" you shot.

All of them laughed, "You were about to" Mina said and chuckled. You glared at all of them but knowing them, they till laughed and didn't care that you were giving them death glares.

Heejin placed her hand onto your shoulder, "Don't worry, you'll be able to kiss him later on" she winked. You pushed her hand off your shoulder, "What are you saying? I don't want to kiss him" you said.

Mina tapped her bottom lip, "Are you sure? L is really handsome though" she said.

[Yeah, of course he is handsome.. ~~~~~ what are you thinking?!]. You shook the thought out of your head and continued to eat. Soomin looked at you, "~~~~~ why are you going red?" she asked. You looked up at her, "I'm not going red.." you were confused.

Heejin chuckled, "When you were about to kiss him you were" she wriggled her eyebrows. Your jaw dropped and you pushed her, "Yah!!". All of them laughed again. You crossed your arms. [Gosh these girls, they think I like him or something].

After eating, the four of you headed to a shopping mall and walked around to digest the food. You walked up to a store and picked up a soft little toy.

Mina came up behind you, "Ngaw that's cute!! Are you going to buy it?" she asked. You shook your head and placed it down, "I don't need to buy it" you said and walked off.

Soomin happily walked up to you guys and held up bags of clothing. You shook your head, "Went shopping again?" you asked. She nodded, "It was too hard to resist" she pouted. [Like always Soomin would go spending her money on clothes].

"I'm hungry.. let's eat something" Mina said, rubbing her stomach. Everyone looked at her surprised, "We just ate.." Heejin blinked.

Mina shrugged, "I got a big stomach" she grinned. All of you shook your head, "We'll watch you eat then" you said. She wined, "That won't be fun.. come on there's going to be lots of food in the food court~" she dragged you along.

The four of you reached the food court and of course, there were lots of food there. You, Soomin and Heejin decided to buy ice cream and Mina bought another hot meal. The three of you rolled your eyes. [Mina has such a big stomach].

"I wonder why you don't get fat when you eat so much" Soomin asked.

Mina shrugged, "I don't know either" she drank her soup.

You looked around and saw Infinite in the far distance. You quickly ducked and turned the other way to avoid them. [Why do I have to run into them here?]. You slowly peaked at them and when they looked your way, you turned around. [Please don't see me]. You begged.

Soomin looked at you, "What's wrong? It looks like your hiding from someone" she looked up and searched around the food court.

Heejin smiled, "Did you see someone you don't want to see?" she searched as well. Her eyes landed on Infinite, "Are you hiding from Infinite?" she pointed. You quickly slapped her hand down, "Don't point at them" you warned.

Soomin giggled, "Why are you hiding from them? Or are you hiding from L?" she happily smirked at you.

Your eyes rounded, "W-What? Why would I be hiding from him?" you asked. You noticed your heart beating faster at the mention of him. [Heart, stop beating fast]. You breathed in and out evenly, trying to calm yourself down.

"Ahh that was yummy" Mina rubbed her full stomach. You looked at her food then back to her, "You finished? Good let's go" you stood up and pulled her up. "H-Hey" she protested. You didn't listen and dragged her along.

Infinite on the other hand saw you walking away with your friends. They noticed your fast pace and exchanged looks.

"Is it just me or does it look like she's walking away from us?" Sunggyu tilted his head, confused.

Dongwoo smiled, "Ngaw is she shy because she nearly got to kiss L?" he nudged him. L gave him a look, "Please, why would she need to run away like that?" he asked. Dongwoo shrugged, "Don't ask me, it's her feelings not mine".

Woohyun smirked, "Or she could be running away from me, the handsome Woohyun" he praised himself. The other members chuckled and Sunggyu punched him on the arm. He touched the sore spot and pouted, "What? Did I say something wrong?" he blinked innocently.

"There were a lot of mistakes in that sentence" Sungjong smiled. Woohyun gave him a look, "What are you saying?" he was now glaring at him. Sungjong stepped back and placed his hands in the front, "I didn't mean anything" he defended.

"Anyways, let's eat something. I'm hungry" Hoya rubbed his stomach and walked ahead.

----------------------

After shopping with Soomin, Heejin and Mina, you headed home.

As you walked past an alley you looked inside and quickly looked back at the front. [I don't ever want to go in there for a shortcut again]. You remembered the many times you were in there and had to be saved. [Saved by Beast once and Infinite..]. You remembered the time in the woods, night hiking and that time you nearly got . [Wow, Infinite saved me three times already?].

"You want to go?!".

"GET OFF ME YOU BASTARD!!".

You looked up and saw a group of men and boys throwing punches at each other. [A fight? I should walk the other way]. You turned to walk in the other direction when, "Sungjong, are you okay?". You stopped walking. [Sungjong? The one from Infinite?]. You slowly turned your head to the fight and gasped when you saw Sungjong on the ground with blood coming out from the side of his mouth.

You looked at everyone, you recognised L, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Woohyun immediately. [Why are they in a fight for?]. You saw the men they were fighting were way older than tem, maybe in their late 20's or early 30's. You saw Woohyun being thrown to the ground and your instinct quickly kicked in and you ran over to him. "WOOHYUN!!" you shouted. He looked at you and his eyes rounded, "~~~~~" he whispered.

You bent down and saw his face was swollen, "W-What happened to you?" you asked, panicking. He looked at you, "What are you doing here?" he was confused and surprised at your presence.

"I-" but Woohyun was picked up by a person and punched in the face. You gasped and quickly got up, "S-STOP!!" you begged but the big man didn't listen to you and kept on punching Woohyun.

Someone else landed near you, you turned around and saw Dongwoo on the floor. You ran up to him, "Are you alright?" you asked. He looked at you and widened his eyes, "Why are you here?" he shot at you. You flinched at his loud voice. "I-I" before you could say anything, Dongwoo sat up an began fighting again.

You turned your head to see Infinite and the men fighting still. [What do I do?]. Before you thought of something, you were picked up by someone and you looked up to see a big tall guy. You were frightened and tried to get out of his grip, "Y-Yah!! Let me go!!" you shouted.

Someone then punched the guy in the face and he let go of you. You stumbled back and gasped at the person beating the guy up. L looked at you, but his stare made you shiver. It wasn't his usual blank stare, this was more like a cold and icy stare. It was full of anger. You stepped back and bumped into someone, Sunggyu looked down at you. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

You spun around and saw his face full of bruises and swelling. "Y-Your face" you pointed to it. He shrugged, "Happens a lot.." he turned around saw every Infinite member on the floor. "YAH!!" he ran over to s, leaving you.

L walked past you, "Go away" he coldly said. You looked at his back, "B-But.." you looked at everyone on the floor and Sunggyu going up against 2 other people.

Just then sirens could be heard. "!! LET'S GO" one men said and ran off, followed by his men.

You quickly ran up to Infinite, "Are you guys alright?" you lifted up Woohyun. He looked at you and smiled, "My hotty is here~" he managed to smile with a swollen lip and black eye. You rolled your eyes, "Why did you guys fight for?" you asked,

Sunggyu walked up to you, while holding onto Sungjong, "We need to get away from here" he said.

------------------------

The 8 of you were now sitting on a bench at a park. You looked at everyone and examined their faces. [I wonder why they were fighting for].

Like Woohyun had just read your mind, "We didn't start it. Those guys bumped into Sungjong and that's how it started" he answered. You nodded.

You looked over at L, "Does it hurt?" you asked him. He gave you a death glare, which made you step back, frightened.

"I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY, WHY DIDN'T YOU?" L shouted in rage. Your eyes widened at his anger and his stare. You stumbled back and Woohyun caught you from behind before you could fall.

You looked at L, "I-I was". L kept glaring at you, "WHO ASKED YOU TO BUT IN? YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD HELP US? NOT YOU CAN'T" he stood up.

Woohyun stepped in front of you protectively, "Yah Myungsoo quit yelling. She did nothing wrong" he defended you.

Tears were forming in your eyes, "I-I'm s-sorry" you croaked.

"We don't need you to be symthetic of us" he angrily sighed and turned away from you.

Infinite all looked at L, shocked at his out burst. He never was this angry before, even if he was, he would never shout this loud.

"L, stop it" Sunggyu demanded. L shot him a look and sat back down, still not looking your way.

[This is a side of him I never saw or knew about]. You stumbled back, Woohyun turned to you and held onto your shoulders, "Hey, L is still mad at the fight before. He's not usually like this" Woohyun said. You nodded but blankly stared at the front.

"I-I'm going.. home" you quickly spun around and ran away. Tears were flowing down your eyes. [Why am I crying? Why is he so scary?].

L sighed and looked at the others who were still staring at him, "What?" he asked.

Sunggyu shook his head, "Did you have to shout at her like that?".

L looked away, "It just came out, but she really shouldn't in" his eyes weren't angry anymore, but it softened a bit.

Woohyun sighed, "True, she shouldn't of ran over but we saved her three times and you know.. she was just seeing is we were okay or not" he said.

[4 times for me]. L remembered the first time you got attacked but ran out of the alley with Yoseob. [I guess she didn't know it was me that time].