Swapping Ages

Dear Donghae

Gee - Girls' Generation

Meanwhile...

Narrator's POV

"Omo...what's happening?" Niel exclaimed as he entered the living room in long strides. Min Young was sprawled on the sofa while watching TV. "Ssh! Keep quiet. It's about to start," she scolded the older as he took a seat beside her.

"What are you watching?" Niel asked. He didn't feel awkward being alone with Min Young. Hell, nothing was awkward if Niel was involved. He was that relatable.

"Full House. I love Rain," the child commented. "Rain sunbaenim? He's a great performer," he nodded in agreement, popping a piece of popcorn in his mouth as they both watched a rerun of the famous TV series.

"Where are the others?" Min Young asked during the commercials. "Somewhere. They'd be here in about five minutes. Ricky is excited to see you, so you better hide or something. He'll attack your cheeks with his kisses and you won't like it one bit," he answered.

"Ricky appa has the weirdest face," she grumbled. "I KNOW RIGHT?!" Niel exclaimed and gave her a high five. It was a lazy weekday morning with them just moping in the living room. Min Young's classes won't start until after lunch, and the male idol won't have any particular schedule. It was a win-win for the both of them actually.

"Mic test, mic test. One, two, three..." Ricky exclaimed a few minutes later when he and the rest of the Teen Top members arrived at the house. "Babo. Are we on rehearsals?" L.Joe scolded.

"NIEL?" CAP called out, ignoring his two bickering dongsaengs. They removed their shoes and proceeded to enter. They heard sniffling in the living room.

"NO! NO! IGNORE HER JUSTIN!" Min Young exclaimed. "Ugh, it hurts so much," Niel added, clutching his chest and patting his eyes with a tissue. "Is something wrong?" Changjo followed suit with his hyungs as they made themselves comfortable on the couch.

"Loraine is such a bad person," Niel cried and shook Min Young's shoulders. "I know..." Min Young pushed Niel's hands away.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO CRYING ABOUT?!?" L.Joe shouted. "SSSSH!" the two shushed him loudly and focused more on the drama. The rest of the members sighed and tried to tolerate the koreanovela starring Song Hye Kyo and Rain.

"Why did he have to go back to her ex-girlfriend? Jessie is obviously prettier," Niel sighed.

"And Luigi is just...he's just a bother," Min Young chided.

"Stop it you two. In the end they'll be together. That's how all love stories end," L.Joe said, being the spoiler he is. "What about Titanic?" Changjo butted in. "Maknaes are always wrong. Hyungs are always right," L.Joe defended. The youngest said nothing more.

"Can we watch Pororo instead? I heard they have a new episode. I've been waiting for that one since last week," Ricky whined. "After Pororo is Dooly. I like Dooly," Changjo added. "Obviously, they pay no mind to you," CAP gestured to the two with their eyes almost glued to the TV.

A few more scenes were shown, and the show ended after an hour. "Ah, we have to continue watching this tomorrow," Niel told Min Young. "FINALLY," CAP exasperatingly mumbled with a sigh.

"Come," Ricky opened his arms out wide and let Min Young sit on his lap. "Unnie said your classes are in the afternoon," he said.

She nodded. "Aren't you excited or anything?" L.Joe asked, flipping through channels using the remote. He never had any preference for children, but he's trying his best to be close to her.

Min Yu told him once that children know if people like them or not. Maybe it's also the reason why Min Young feels awkward with the idol. "Ricky, she has said that your face looks weird," Niel teased.

"But you said so too!" Min Young defended. "REALLY? REALLY?" Ricky ran and chased Min Young all over the place, and when he finally caught her, he lifted her up high.

Her sweet, loud laughter echoed in the living room and all over the house. "Ya! If she falls and gets hurt, Min Jae noo--" CAP scolded but was interrupted when Ricky and Min Young's head collided with each other.

Changjo stood up and took the child away from Ricky. "Tsk. Troublemaker," Niel pushed him away. L.Joe ran to the kitchen to grab an ice pack to comfort her.

"Does it hurt?" Niel brushed his fingers against Min Young's forehead. She nodded and slightly whimpered. "Babo! You made her cry," he scolded Ricky, whose head was also hurting.

"Don't cry~" L.Joe cooed as he held the ice pack against her throbbing temple.

Her eyes were red and looked like she was about to cry. "Let's not talk to Ricky," Changjo rocked back and forth with her still in his arms. Niel ran to the fridge once more and saw banana milk.

He offered it to her and made her mood lift up even just a bit. "You want appa to kill Ricky?" L.Joe volunteered and cracked his knuckles. She nodded while sipping through the straw.

"STAY AWAY! I was hurt too, but you didn't give me any ice pack or something," he complained and walked to the kitchen. "I'll never know how I survived years living with him," CAP palmed his face.

"We know the feeling," the three others nodded in agreement. "Where's Chunji appa?" Min Young asked. "He's out somewhere. We don't really know either. But I think he's with Min Yu unnie," Changjo replied.

She nodded and finished her milk slowly. She pulled away from Changjo and went back to watching television. "Are you mad at me?" Ricky poked her cheek once. L.Joe carried her away from the younger, afraid she'll get hurt again.

"Don't touch her," he scolded, making himself a barrier to the two. "So it has come to this, Lee Byunghun..." Ricky said in a serious and deep voice.

Everyont turned to look at him. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH HYUNG?!" Changjo exclaimed and ran away. "He sounds like someone from The Avengers," CAP laughed and hurled a pillow at him.

"No, not The Avengers. He's like Darth Vader from Star Wars," L.Joe chided. "Ha! It worked. I read in the internet that it's really effective to catch attention," Ricky explained.

L.Joe covered the child's ears. "You're scaring us all," he shouted. "Fine. I'll watch Pororo. At least the little penguin appreciates its audience," Ricky grumbled and hugged a pillow tightly, still holding an ice pack against his head.

He sang along with the intro, complete with dance steps and everyone kept a few feet away from him. They were afraid to be influenced by his weirdness.

"I remembered watching this for the first time. It's like years ago already," Ricky stated. "Yeah, you mean yesterday," Niel teased. "You just changed upon seeing it and you were like, 'Pororo saranghaeyo'," Changjo mimicked his hyungs actions.

"Manager hyung got freaked out when he heard someone singing, 'Porong porong porong porong pororo' for like a hundred times," CAP shared.

"It's because I'm the true maknae," Ricky stuck his tongue out. L.Joe palmed his face at the noise. Changjo stood up and went to the front. "Oh no," CAP sighed and shook his head in disbelief of what he's seeing.

Changjo started singing Dooly The Little Dinosaur's theme song with matching dance steps, proving to Ricky that he was a bigger fan of children cartoons.

"What the hell is this craziness?" Min Jae stepped down the stairs silently, her heels clattering against the smooth marble stairs. "And what happened to her?" she hurried over to kneel in front of Min Young, examining her daughter as the child was sitting beside L.Joe.

She glared at Ricky. "I believe this has something to do with you?" Min Jae eyed Ricky suspiciously.

He sighed. "How could you know? Was I that obvious?!?" he protested. The rest of the Teen Top members shook their heads in embarrassment. "Uh...maybe the fact that you and my daughter are both holding an ice pack?!?" she stood up.

"Oh. Right," he mumbled to himself, earning him a smack on the head from the leader. "It was an accident, noona. We were just playing around," he explained.

"Min Yu will kill you if she knows about this. She'll peel your skin and boil you alive," Min Jae grumbled, taking the child into her arms and checking her forehead for bruises.

"That would be great," Niel smiled. "How's Leeteuk hyung?" Changjo asked. "He's really busy. Plus, he's helping Donghae start up a restaurant. I'm glad he finally decided to invest on all his earnings. You guys should do that too," she suggested.

"I think so too. But we're so busy that we can't insert any business plans in our schedule," CAP said. "But of course, we're never too busy to see Min Young," L.Joe ruffled the child's hair.

"So Changjo...why were you dancing crazily a while ago?" Min Jae started and glanced at the group's maknae. "Ricky's fault," he pointed to his hyung. "Ya! REMEMBER YOUR MANNERS!" Ricky shouted back.

"GAH! I don't tolerate noise in this house. But anyway, you guys look after her first, okay? I'll be upstairs if you need me," she said and left her daughter in the living room with the five men.

"Ya, bring us some drinks or make snacks or something. BE USEFUL FOR ONCE!" CAP ordered Ricky. "ME? Can't the maknae do it?!?" he complained, tossing the ice pack towards the leader.

"SHUT UP HYUNG!" Changjo yelled, hearing that Ricky inserted him in the conversation. "SEE? He uses honorifics but is still disrespectful!" Ricky pointed his finger menacingly.

L.Joe and Niel busily played with Min Young, entertaining her to help forget the pain in her forehead. "Aish. I'm so tired of me getting bullied everytime. I wish EVEN JUST FOR ONCE that we switch ages so you'll know how I feel like!" Ricky shouted back.

"FINE. Let's do the Age Swapping done by SHINee sunbaes on their Hello Baby!" Changjo agreed. "I'll be L.Joe!" Ricky raised his hand quickly. "I'll be Niel hyung," Changjo said.

"I'll be Changjo," L.Joe mumbled, keeping his eye out on Min Young. "I'll be Ricky!" Niel announced. "I'll be the PD, since I have no one to else to be. I don't want to be tangled in this mess," CAP muttered under his breath.

"I'll time it for only 10 minutes. Ready, set, go!" CAP glanced at his phone. "Wassup baby?" Ricky did L.Joe signature wink. "I DON'T DO THAT!" L.Joe exclaimed.

"Oh! Changjo wants to say something," CAP butted in, telling L.Joe to be his assigned member. "Ya, maknae. Make me some iced tea!" Ricky nudged L.Joe with his foot. The latter turned to glare at him slowly, threatening him with his eyes.

"Ah...Umm..I see that you're busy! You, Ricky, you are very handsome. Make me some iced tea," Ricky turned to Niel. "By the way, WHY IS NIEL SO QUIET? I want to see his gorgeous lips," Niel searched for Changjo.

"I AM IN THE BATHROOM LOOKING FOR NOONA'S LIP BALM BECAUSE MY LIPS ARE CRACKING!" Changjo shouted. "Ya, Changjo?" CAP called out. "Ne?" L.Joe replied.

"L.Joe is really short, right?" he snickered. L.Joe looked pissed at the leader's statement, but since he played the role of Changjo, who is the tallest in the group, he suffered in silence.

"But I heard many girls go after him," he nodded. "I am American!" Ricky exclaimed. "Porong porong porong porong pororo~" Niel sang. Changjo exited the bathroom with tissue in his hands. "Why did Justin leave Jessie?" he cried.

"5 more minutes! Better take advantage of being older," CAP reminded.

"I WANT YOU TO EAT THIS ICE PACK!" Ricky threw it to Niel's face. CAP stood up alarmingly and grabbed Ricky by the collar. He gave him the death glare, telling him that no one should mess with his favorite dongsaeng, even though it was only a game.

"Ah...umm...TIME'S UP! TIME'S UP!" Ricky held his hands up in surrender.