Day 1

Dear Donghae

The Day We - Urban Zakapa

Min Yu's POV

Dear Donghae,

My head nestled on the crook of his neck comfortably, the space perfect only for me. His shoulders shook slightly as he laughed, amused at the TV show we were both intently watching. The two of us whined at the same time when it was suddenly cut off by the commercials. "What time is it?" he muttered to himself and lifted his wrist watch up to his face. "Aigoo. It's already late," he exclaimed.

I sat up straight and also stared at his watch to check the time for myself. I unfastened the snap of the silver timepiece and kept it behind my back. "W-wae? Give it back!" he fought. "It's broken. The time is not right. You should adjust it, but it's already dark and you'll have a hard time seeing even with a nightlight. Do it tomorrow instead," I defended and slid the watch inside my pocket.

How can you keep that heavy watch around your wrist all day? It weighs a pound in my pocket...

He looked unconvinced, and blinked his eyes mutliple times in an inexplicable emotion. "Why don't you ask me a question? If you say it right, I'll give it back to you," I challenged. "Do you want my watch?" he tried, but I shook my head no. "Come on, Min Yu. Stop being so playful. Give it back," he held his hand out and motioned for me to give up so easily. "Ask the right question first," I ordered.

Donghae was silent for a few seconds as he pondered about the question I wanted him to ask. "Do you want a kiss?" he asked once again and leaned closer. "Ding ding ding! Try again," I stuck my tongue out defiantly. "Give me a hint," he requested. "Fine. Whenever you ask this question and I always say yes," I expected for him to have the thought in his mind, but he hadn't the slightest idea.

I love how your face contorts into silent analogy, as if you were trying to solve complex Math problems mentally. Your face is loved, seen, and adored by everyone. Is there possible a part of you left only for me?

"Do you love me?" he interrogated. "Yes, but it's not the question I'm looking for," I replied and played with the watch behind my back. His gaze went to the wall clock hanging overhead. "Look, I'm tired and I just want to sleep. I have to go," he stood up, almost forgetting all about the watch I took from him. "You can't go. I think it's raining outside. It's signal number 4. You can't go," I stared out the window and the lie blurted out immediately.

He began to eye me suspiciously, but he had no idea about my evil plan. "It's a bad idea to leave now," I added convincingly. "I have to get back to the dorm," he insisted and gestured to the front door. "Wait, there are no buses around at this time and taxis are hard to catch," I continued, ranting on about excuses I really can't prove to be true and believable. "I really have to," he defended.

I weave intricate lies to get what I want, and now all I wish is for you to stay, even just for tonight. I make up stupid excuses, can't you synthesize it all to clear out my point?

I sighed puffed my cheeks while standing up. "Then I'll be the one to ask. Can you sleepover? Please?" I looked down with both my hands behind me. He chuckled lightly before planting a kiss on my forehead. "You should have just asked me that right away. Saves us both from all these trouble," he led my hand and we resumed our previous position by the couch.

The TV show was back on, and we shifted in our seats more comfortably. He played with my fingers and interlaced them one by one with his. "Are you cold?" he asked worriedly. My hand must've felt lifeless. "I'm fine," I defended and squeezed his hand in assurance. "Aigoo~ Am I making my girlfriend nervous?" he pressed with a hint of teasing in his voice.

Tonight, I'm scared to be alone. I always want you near.

A tired yawn escaped from my lips. He kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair into a total mess. "Let's go to bed. I'm getting sleepy too," he muttered, fumbling for the remote control to turn the television off. With eyes closed, I tugged at his arm and dragged him to the bed before climbing up. I tried my best not to fall asleep as I waited for him to lie down beside me. A few seconds passed but he never did.

I opened my eyes only to see him pouting. "What's the matter?" I asked and shut my eyes tightly again. "You want me to sleep but I don't want to with these uncomfortable clothes," he complained and stomped his feet. I ignored him and pulled the blanket to cover my head. He walked to where my feet was and pulled me off the bed. "Wake up!" he ordered and dragged my feet the lower half of my body was dangling off.

I want you so much closer, you with your childish acts and innocent smile that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. You make me laugh so hard, amuse me with every word coming from your mouth, and drive me to my extremes...

I laughed lightly and lifted my hand up. He remained his stance, but helped me stand properly and walk over to my closet. "Can't I just--" he started when I yanked the doors open. "No, Donghae. You can't sleep ," I cut him off in midsentence. I grabbed an oversized shirt and shoved it on his chest. "Go change," I ordered and gestured to the bathroom. "Can't I change here instead? Just don't peek," he whined.

"Yeah right," I smirked evilly and plopped down on bed, face down.

...and I love you for that.

After more shuffled noises from behind, he settled beside me, the mattress denting to where he was. I could feel his hot breathing against my hair and his arm around my waist. "Happy first day," he greeted. A smile formed on my face and I rolled on my side to face him. "What's the significance of this day?" I raised my eyebrow questioningly at him.

"Well, for one, you're literally my second girlfriend. But to me, you're the first one. It doesn't mean I was just playing with Yoona's feelings. It just...seemed appropriate at that time," he explained, "but then again, it wasn't THAT much of a sincere relationship I wanted to have."  "And by sincere you mean...?" I cued for him to continue. "By sincere, I meant...okay I don't know what I meant," he added with wit.

I love hearing your voice when you speak...

I let out a giggle and turned to lie on my stomach. I lifted my hand up from my side and played with his hair. "Don't grow your hair too long. You look like a beggar. You look better when it's short," I commented. "I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult, but thanks," he responded. I rolled my eyes and began using my forefinger to outline his face.

My fingertrip drew figures and shapes on his smooth forehead, making its way down to his sharp nose and protruding cheekbones. His skin gave off a sweet scent, something gentle yet overpowering at the same time. Leaving his soft cheeks, I reached his jaw, edgy and takes away the innocence from his features. Lastly, I stared at his lips, and he must've understood my motive as he pulled me in for a kiss.

Oh how I wish I can tell all you these directly, if only I wasn't so stupid with words.

I was the first to inch away and rested my head on his chest, burying my face on his skin and taking as much of him as I can. "Where's the notebook you boasted about, anyway?" he demanded and cocked his head from side to side. "You're not allowed to see it," I answered. Of course I can't let him see everything I had written inside.

There was a right time for everything, but now it wasn't.

"Is there something I should be jealous about?" he asked suspiciously. A smile was painted across my lips. "Of course there's none," I protested. "If what you say is true, then you should take a picture with me," he grabbed his phone resting on the bedside table. "Donghae, I'd probably look like someone older than you. Why not do that tomorrow, instead?" I declined. "I'll be the only one to see it. And you're always beautiful to me. Come on," he insisted.

"Oppa, I don't want~" I whined, using his weakness against him. "That doesn't work anymore. Now come ON," he stuck his tongue out. "Yeobo~" I added more effect to my usual aegyo, and it must have done the trick because he froze with his forcing. I clapped my hands victoriously but he snapped out of his little trance as quickly as he started. "Fine, but only one," I bargained and smiled for the camera as he took the photo.

P.S. You don't make me nervous.

~Wae you guys no feedback :( sorry for the late and short update! School had been stressful and Jominhyung and I don't meet that much 3 I promise to update within the weekend ☺ -min_neulmi ♥