Babo

Dear Donghae

Fool - Juniel Ft. Jung Yong Hwa

Narrator's POV

"Congratulations! You have now reached the starting line of show business, where your stolen photos become newspaper headlines and you can't move freely because of the ever-present crowd. And since you've been a good talker, you get a prize," Donghae greeted Min Yu in a fake robotic voice after her interview. "YAY ICE CREAM~" she cheered loudly, irritatedly rubbing the foundation off of her face.

She and the rest of Super Junior weaved their way towards the backstage, eager to hide from the limelight blaring from tall light posts held by the TV crew. Apparently, years and years of too much attention wasn't any good, and they never got used to the idea of it. Although it was never her intention to steal some of the admiration, Min Yu plainly wanted to clear her name, which, in turn, meant that she really had to spill some of the facts.

"I was about to give you a kiss, but ice cream sounds like a great idea too," Donghae shoved both his hands in his jeans pocket as he walked. She rolled her eyes at him and entered the dressing room in long strides. He trailed quickly behind her, wanting to push his way in, but she already slammed the door in front of his face, with the members pulling him back. "Can't I go inside too?" he pouted.

"It's already an excruciating wait if she stays inside for about ten minutes. I don't want any miracle happening inside," Heechul scolded. "And you two would probably come out tomorrow morning...at the earliest," Kyuhyun smirked darkly. "Fine, then. I'll wait," the frustrated Donghae just shrugged and sat down on the floor with his back pressed against the cold wall.

When Min Yu finally exited, her face was rubbed off of all cosmetics, her hair slicked back and rested over her left shoulder, and her clothes the same old match. They all felt relieved to see her back to her old self, and headed towards their waiting van outside the broadcasting station. "One won says Donghae is too old that he can't race me to the front seat!" she loudly exclaimed and ran to the passenger's seat as fast as she could.

Donghae just chuckled and shook his head. She always wanted to win at every game she created herself, anyway. They reached the car and got inside one by one, with Min Yu just making enough space for him to fit into. He finally climbed in and sat beside her, closing the door afterwards. Donghae reached for the seatbelt and wrung it around the both of them.

"So we could be safe~" he held his thumb up in reminder.

Min Yu let out a light giggle before resting her head on his shoulder. The light from the blazing sun didn't have enough effect on her as she closed her eyes. "Min Yu-ssi, it's Saturday today, right? Why don't you just quit your job today, so you won't have to go to work and focus on school instead? We don't want you to get flocked by people when you go from one place to another. We can't always be by your side you kno--"

"Sssh! Keep it down, Hyukjae," scolded Donghae. "Why? Is she sleeping?" the former scooted forward to see for himself. "Yes! So shut up!" Donghae repeated, trying his best to minimize his volume, but of course, it had no effect. "Tired from all the talking she did, probably," he mumbled under his breath while his free hand gently her soft hair, turning brown under the sunlight.

He inhaled her scent, taking in as much as he could in one inhale as if she was some kind of nonrenewable energy. Planting a light kiss on her forehead, Donghae smiled to himself. "Why don't I get myself a girlfriend too?" Sungmin pouted. "Oh, Minnie~ you have me," Kyuhyun ruffled his hyung's hair. "Do you think she'd be able to handle all the things that would sprout out from her interview?" Siwon asked, suddenly engaging in the conversation.

"Of course not," Donghae closed his eyes and pressed his own chin on top of her head, "but that's what I'm here for."

Min Yu's POV

Dear Donghae,

"Yeah. Sure. I'll drop by tomorrow to check," Donghae mumbled hurriedly with his phone pressed against his ear. The television was on mute and his feet were placed on top of the center table in a relaxed manner, which only made me want to laugh at him. "What about the furniture?" he demanded as he smiled at me while waving his hand frantically to catch my attention, "Are you sure?"

I mimicked his act, pretending to hold a phone near my ear and impersonating how he spoke. He fought back a laugh and covered his mouth with his free hand. My feet reached the bottom of the stairs and led me to the windows. How long was I asleep? Three, four hours? Outside, the sun was still up, thankfully, and its warmth was comfortable as it reached my skin.

I rested my forehead against the glass, taking in much of the heat as I could. "Well, what else do we need for the opening next week?" his low, stern voice grew louder as he crept up behind me. I spun around with a questioning look on my face. Donghae responded, tapping his forefinger on his lips. In turn, I ran away and stuck my tongue out teasingly.

"Of course. Thanks a lot. Two months passed with all that in the way, and now it's all cleared without me even lifting a finger to help," his face slipped into a frown as he followed me across the living room. He nudged me lightly, still asking for the same thing: a kiss. I, after much bantering, gave in and settled for a peck on his cheek, which disappointed him greatly.

Donghae exhaled sharply through his nose, "Sure, sure. Bye," he said before finally hanging up. I let the sounds blast in from the television, flooding the quiet living room with much noise. He cringed as the invisible audio waves hit him hard. "Do you love me?" he asked out of nowhere. "WHAT? Wait, I can't hear clearly," I held my hand up to freeze his thoughts before lowering the TV's volume.

"Okay, what was it?" I turned to look at him. "Do you love me?" he asked again. "Of course, I do. Why would you even ask that?" I demanded with a chuckle, shifting my attention back to the show blaring from the TV screen. "Then kiss me," Donghae lifted my face up until it was only inches away from his. "You know that doesn't really prove anything," I argued uselessly. My eyes fell down to his lips, and eagerly waited for the time when he would close the distance and just kiss me.

You give me the feeling people write novels about.

As expected, Donghae pressed his mouth gently against mine, leaving me to close my eyes and remain conscious. It didn't take long before I began to feel lightheaded, knowing how I had forgotten to breathe yet again. I had about five seconds more just to satisfy my hyperactive heart. My mind out, directing nerve transmissions to my lungs, asking how to exhale all the built-up carbon dioxide inside me.

It was still overwhelming, even if I've kissed him countless times. He broke the contact with a sigh, as if he didn't want it to end, more or less the same feeling I felt. His delicate fingertips brushed the strands of hair away from my cheeks, his touch making the most bizarre impulses like waves of electricity through my bloodstream. How much time do I need to get used to this?

He smiled, content that he got what he wanted, and pressed the side of my face tenderly against his chest. "I carried you from the car to the bed, making me so exhausted. And how would you repay me? By not wanting to kiss me?" Donghae scolded in a manner that made me more amused than guilty. "You didn't even buy me ice cream," I replied sadly. "Are we having a fight in here?" he suddenly tensed up and stared at my face, to which I just laughed.

Not a million arguments could make me hate you, not even in the actual sense of the word. Even if I do say out loud that I hate you, it means I still care, in one way or another. You know how my words always fail me...

"Would you like to go somewhere today and tomorrow?" said Donghae all of a sudden. "Let me guess. You want to make up for the advanced guilt you would feel later on when you would be seriously busy juggling Super Junior and your own business at the same time?" I tried reasoning out. "Are you telling me that you won't miss me at all?" he raised his eyebrow as he challenged.

"I won't. I wouldn't die if I never saw you for a whole day," I replied defiantly. "But I would," he lifted my hand up to touch his face. "Oh come on. You've gone five years without any trace of me. And now you're telling me you can't go through a week under the same condition?" my voice couldn't help but raise a note when in interrogation.

"Do you still hate me for that?" the question blurted out from his mouth quickly.

Realizing I had breached a forbidden subject, "Never mind. Forget about what I just said," I mumbled under my breath. "You can't spring something like that on me and expect me not to say anything," he protested. "Then let me rerun the conversation. Of course, I'd miss you. Happy?" I stated, acting as if I was forced. His eyes turned frozen and serious.

Sometimes I wonder if I give you the same, fuzzy feeling you give me when you look me in the eyes. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. I don't quite know what you see in me. Haven’t you ever wondered why you love me? I do. I ask myself every day, yet I never come up with an answer. I don't know what your response would be, but please don't spoil me with all these. I wouldn't know how much I'd crave for it when you're gone.

"Promise me something," I closed my eyes and concentrated on the sound of his heart beating.

"What is it?" he rested his head against mine.

"Don't leave me..." I muttered softly, "please."

His arms wounded around me grew tighter. "If ever I could, I would give you the chance to see through my own perspective. I'd like you to see everything in my point of view, see everything in a new way. You'd be able to see what I see, feel what I feel, and understand what I know. And if you could see yourself with my eyes, I wish you would realize how special and important you are to me."

Sometimes I wish I was a different person. At the moment, I want to be someone who can be a brave heart at affection, not a er for simple words. Maybe by then, I could love you better. Why do I always feel like I'm never good enough? Or possibly it's due to the fact that you're perfect, and I alone just can't compare. How long will I end up wishing I was what you wanted?

"Let me guess. You're thirsty and you want me to bring you some juice," I giggled lightly.

"Orange please," he planted a quick kiss on my forehead before letting me go.

Donghae's POV

"Where are we going?!?" I practically dragged my feet with a hint of irritation. Min Yu tugged at my arm and took a sip from the coffee in her other hand. She approached a map about a foot taller than her. "So we're here in...Gwansugyu." "I know, I know," I nodded hurriedly and watched the people coming to and from the train. "Aish, I don't know how long it will take," she pressed her finger up to her lips in deep thought.

"Oh come on, just tell me where we're going. I might be able to help you, you know," I rubbed my tired eyes under the darkly tinted sunglasses. So far, no one has been too suspicious to know that I'm here in public with her, or else that would have made much commotion. "Seoul Selection in Chongro-gu," she replied. I opened my mouth to complain and whine why she would wake me up as early as six in the morning to accompany her when she could do it herself, but she already cut me off with a deadly look.

Letting my naivety get the best of me, I stuck my tongue out at her. "Quit acting with that. It won't work," she scolded sternly and drank more of her hot coffee. "But there's Bandi & Luni's in Insadong. It could have saved us all these trouble with me just dropping you off with my car," I protested loudly. She had probably realized it was her turn to act childish after she reciprocated my act and stuck her tongue out.

I just groaned in defeat and let her drag me to wait for the train. "What do you need in there, anyway?" I demanded, carefully looking around to see if anyone stares at us knowingly. I comforted myself with the fact that my phone was just in my pocket, ready to be fished out once something goes wrong and we get stuck in a crowd. "Some books for school. They were written by foreigners, and are pretty much hard to find," she stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

People started to push and fight as a whistle sounded. "The train's coming," Min Yu clung unto my arm tightly. "Is it always this crowded?" I asked, taking much notice of the people behind me. One never knows if one's valuables get stolen and just notices it's gone until it's too late. "I don't know. It's been a long time since I last rode the train," she shrugged in reply.

A swoosh of cold, dry air blew as the thousand-pound-aluminum mode of transportation passed by. Her hair blew wildly against the sudden rush of wind. I took the fedora from atop my head and wore it on her. The black felt hat fitted perfectly, keeping her hair in place and framing her face more beautifully than she already was. The train finally stopped, with the doors opening sliding to open slowly.

As soon as it did, the people pushed their way, eager to get inside as if it was the last they could ever ride. I got forced inside, completely losing track of the girl I was with just moments ago. My back hit a pole in the middle of the busy, crowded train, and I watched helplessly at the passengers rushing in. There was none of her I could see, and my heart started pounding crazily in nervousness.

Seconds, which seemed like years, ticked by slowly. I couldn't see much from the tinted glasses I wore. I quickly took it off and scanned frantically all over the place, earning shocked gasps and murmurs from nearby people. My breathing hitched as the doors slowly closed, meeting halfway and signaling the end of me. I felt tears coming but I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

Okay this was it. I was going to get lost and no one would be able to find me here. What would I eat? What would I do? I won't be able to go back home. Omma would probably look for me. I wish I had told her I'd be in this train, and then she would tell the police I was stuck. Would she be sad? Would my fans cry if they knew I was dead? Then the police would find my body and the autopsy would say I died of fear of being alone, of being stuck in the train for my whole life with no escape...

MY PHONE!

I pulled the gadget out from my pocket and ignored the flashes from cell phone cameras taking pictures of me. My fingers had a mind of their own as they dialed Min Yu's number quickly, the memorized digits bringing me closer to my salvation. I pressed it against my ear and tried my best to hear over the sound of my own mind over thinking. Her phone kept on ringing and ringing, she probably can't hear me calling.

A tear fell from my eye when the possibility of this being useless came to my mind. "Pick up, pick up. Oh please just answer..." I muttered softly in utter desperation. I redialed her number and tried for a couple more times, growing more afraid of the train coming to a halt at the next stop. I tiptoed and searched for her over the heads of stern-looking passengers.

I squeezed my way to the nearest window and rested my palm on the cold glass. My eyes blurred with tears as I drowned myself in the fast, whirlwind of the highways in Seoul-- "Can you believe I just saw L.Joe back at the station?" someone said. I spun around immediately and crushed her into my embrace.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!" I cried accusingly.

"Leave you? Donghae, it hasn't even been five minutes since we entered the train," she defended, her voice muffled by my sobbing.

"But still!"

She laughed in response, with me still not over the mini-heart attack. I released her from my grip after calming myself and retaining composure. "Where did you go?" I pressed, putting my sunglasses back on. "Well, I didn't get in the same door where you went through. I ran and caught the next open door. Can you believe I just saw L.Joe?" Min Yu explained.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'm still mad because you left me," I sniffled sadly. "Oh come on," she wiped my tear-stricken face with her free hand, "I'm sorry. Don't be angry at me. Here," she handed me her cup of coffee, which I drank whole-heartedly. The train came to a stop under our feet, stopping the dizzying movements temporarily. "Why did you cry?" Min Yu demanded with a teasing smile plastered on her face.

"I won't say. You'll laugh at me," I threw a glance at the people flooding in from outside as the train stopped at the next station. "And why the hell did you take your disguise off?" she scolded. "I told you I was looking for you. What kind of person with bionic eyes would be able to see clearly through this kind of glasses?" I snapped back. The place was too crowded, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to hug her close to me.

"Let go. People are staring," she tried shoving me away, but to no avail.

"Let them."

Narrator's POV

"I have to go!" Min Yu waved at him hurriedly with a big smile on her face. L.Joe was sure she was glad to see him, and he was, too. It had been, what...like months since they last saw each other and got to hang out like they used to. She pushed her way inside, trying her best to fit through the small spaces left in the middle of estranged passengers who they shared the same goal of transportation with.

L.Joe had to blink multiple times before his mind could register what was happening. But before he could try to catch up, the train closed its doors for him and went its own way. He immediately fumbled for his phone, taking it out and dialing the same number of the person who would be most likely to be interested about his newest discovery.

"Yoboseyo?" the person on the other line answered.

"I just saw her..." he started. The one he has called took in a sharp breath as he paused. L.Joe debated on his words in his mind carefully, afraid to get the wrong one out, or else there was no more chance for him to take it back.

He let out a sympathetic sigh. "She's different now, whether it's because of the guy waiting for her inside the train or just the fact that she's happy, there's one thing I'm pretty sure of. You'll never get to her like you used to. No more daily visits to her house, nor to her apartment. You can't just call her at any random time you want to talk to her because you miss her voice. There's someone else she's already talking to."

"She's probably getting more sleep -- nothing to worry about, less stress, more joy. Don't be surprised when you walk past her, and all she does is throw a quick glance and flash a bright smile...nothing more, nothing less. It's not that she hates you, it's just because there's already someone else. Sure, you two could hang out and talk and all that, but we both know it won't ever be the same."

"You won't ever get back with Min Yu again. Looks like you really lost her this time, Chunji."

~Sorry for the late updates :( we've been too busy in school to update. I've seen Eunhyuk and Donghae's teaser for their comeback. Donghae looked like he was about to get married...=))) BTW, I'm planning to do an Infinite fanfic inspired by their song The Chaser. Bleh, but I'm not sure...leave comments ☺ -min_neulmi