Tell-All

Dear Donghae

Min Yu's POV

Okay I am so gonna miss writing that one :( the past ten months were like a whirlwind and not once did I have a hard time updating (except maybe for when the computer is malfunctioning and whatever) and during the title-picking part!! I hated that one the most. To be honest, I was thinking of REALLY cheesy ones (LOL and I'm ROFL-ing at it right now)

•Whom my heart beats for? (I think I suggested this one)

•Confused love

•Forbidden love binds us more together

•Being with whom you love is a trial

•One heart between two hearts (This is so stupid that I think it's my idea)

•Whose heart do I really choose?

•If I can only choose the both of you..

•Choosing you is a right decision

• Love hurts

• My Everything might be............

•Blooming Baby Belly (Nielle suggested this one, I'm sure XD)

•"She's pregnant but who's the father?" (Nielle's idea...)

•best friends into lovers (...and Nielle's)

•Bad decisions make good stories (This is mine)

•bad decisions make babies (...And Nielle's)

*And finally...drum roll please...*

•Dear Donghae

The "Whom My Heart Beats For?" made me really laugh today so lololol XD but anyway, I think I might have matured for the past ten months that I've been writing this and Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It? (which is a really long title, but for the sake of how I will use it multiple times, I will shorten in to ADMODI lol) okay. And just so you know, I really laugh and smile when I type lol so...lol XD

For everyone's information, all these title suggestions transpired between me and Nielle and I know I've given credit to her for the title on the Foreword but yeah, I've stuck for Dear Donghae for a good ten months and I'm still thanking her!! ^^ Thanks for the advices and suggestions not just with the title and not just with Dear Donghae but also with the story itself and ADMODI ?

I've written this enough to feel like I'm writing the last part of a book so yeah =)) anyway, I regret not having done this to ADMODI so I'll be doing it right now and mash it with Dear Donghae.

One boring afternoon, I was sitting beside my coauthor, Jominhyung, inside the Biology lab (this was a year ago) and I was feeling sleepy since it was just after our Swimming class. Jominhyung's mom is a single parent (thus, the birth of Min Jae) and I was like, "What if your mom got married to Leeteuk?" I turned to look at her indifferently. "I'll get to see Eunhyuk everyday," she shrieked. Back then, she was head over heels for Eunhyuk.

Bada bing, bada boom! We have Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It? It was really funny because the first chapter of that story was so rushed and unplanned at all. I know some authors here on Asianfanfics might have an outline, like, how the plot would turn out to be, who are the new characters to be introduced, how the first paragraph would go about, etcetera. But that first chapter was just done with a snap.

And honestly, I don't do outlines whenever I write chapters. But anyway, that was out of the topic. The next few chapters just came rushing in, and at first, I was really planning to do it Kyuhyun-biased (I was Kyuhyun-biased at that time, together with Jominhyung) and Jominhyung was like, "Your last two stories (I've Found You, You Are The One) are Donghae-biased!"

So yeah, I was really planning to make Min Yu end up with Kyuhyun. And I know many readers back then were expecting her to end up with him. But more than halfway through it (around the chapters 60++) when Min Yu was in the hospital and the accident, I changed my mind and became Donghae-biased instead (I change biases like that lol)

Around the 90++ chapters of ADMODI, it was summer break, and so most of the chapters there were lengthy and detailed unlike the first few ones. When I ended it around March, I really didn't plan on making a sequel. But then boom, I had comments telling me to write a sequel. But I was somewhat traumatized (wrong word, I know) way back when I wrote You Are The One, which was a sequel of I've Found You because it didn't receive that much attention and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be.

But I thought, the hell with it! I had overflowing inspirations and motivations and really good ideas for the sequel (except for the title, of course) but I went on with it, anyway. Along the way of Dear Donghae, I was thinking of ending it really quickly right around the 50th chapter or whatever because I really didn't have much time working on it than way back when I was writing ADMODI.

Around the 30th chapter, classes began again (my junior year) and I had less time. Everytime before I went to sleep, I would picture things in my head and wonder how it would have felt like if I was that person, if that situation happened to me. And I guess that way of thinking made the story more relatable than the first one.

Oh, and I forgot to tell this. Since ADMODI was taken from a real experience (like, having a single mom and getting pregnant at 15) and Min Yu was a combination of Jominhyung and me with our personal attributes and characteristics and attitudes and principles made into a huge person-shaped girl we called Min Yu. And the name was something I got from Google (I Googled "Korean baby girl names") XD

Since in ADMODI Min Yu was around 14-15 (like our ages) and she had a fast-forward in Dear Donghae, Dear Donghae became what I imagine my future to be (working as a journalist and studying to be a lawyer) with everything mashed in between. And when I really insert something I believe in or really want to say and people comment that they've felt it too, some way or another.

“It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things.” - John Green

Yeah, I realize that that quote above is really true. Anyway, about the parts, I agreed with my friends, thepriestessEM and songheerin, that they'd be the one to write for me because it really feels awkward especially when rereading it (A SALUTE TO ALL WRITERS~) but they don't go online as much as I do, and so I ended up writing them myself. Although the at Chapter 28 was partly written by thepriestessEM ?

Okay, I've told this to one reader once and so I'll tell it to everybody :) I was rereading Dear Donghae up until the start just one random day, and then I realized something.

At Chapter 1, Narrator's POV, "Why don't you clean your room first? It's like the North Korea rocket was launched here," Donghae said. And then at Chapter 13, Min Yu went to North Korea. At Chapter 27, Donghae's POV, Donghae took her glasses away and when she tried snatching it back, "Wae? Wae? You're blind now?" he teased. Then at Chapter 85, Min Yu went night-blind.

I accidentally made Donghae foresee everything that was about to happen to Min Yu. I didn't know how I did it. I was just rereading then realized it but lol it makes the story more interesting. It wasn't in my intention to do that but there we have it, a fortune teller Donghae. If you guys noticed something cooler than that in Dear Donghae, feel free to tell me XD

Oh, and do you listen to the linked songs on every chapter? Lol I really work hard and research thoroughly for what song I should put in so you should listen to it :) and anyway, I don't just copy links of random songs and paste it on the chapter. (And anyway, it takes more effort for me, since I'm using Safari and it sort of just breaks down after I put a link and so I have to save every change I make.)

Right now, I'm reading lots and lots of John Green and most of the lines written and scattered all throughout the story were inspired by quotes from his books that I've read. I've rephrased those quotes, by the way, and so I couldn't be charged for plagiarism or stealing. So anyway, I love John Green that's why I'm torn between reading Paper Towns and writing this stuff.

I've also seriously adored his The Fault In Our Stars and Looking For Alaska. (I'm unconsciously advertising but his books are good stuff) And I've also loved Perks Of Being A Wallflower, both the book and the movie. (I'm, like, mentioning the books that I've read as I was writing Dear Donghae and ADMODI) so yeah. And I've read deadly lots of fanfics too and so I don't really have time to mention them and their authors one by one and many many many movies and dramas in between, mostly Korean and English.

Oh, and I'm ALWAYS on weheartit.com and if that website had a search history, I swear my entire search history would consist of the words: quote, text, book, love, sad, sweet, tumblr, donghae, chunji, super junior, kai, exo, yixing, chanyeol, john green, perks of being a wallflower, the fault in our stars, donghae, donghae, donghae gif, donghae cute, park yerin, baby, korean, park sora, and fashion. I'm serious -_-

Okay, so I want to tell you guys what I do when I'm suffering from a severe case of writer's block, or when I'm not updating Dear Donghae, or any of my stories for that matter. I go to school at 6 in the morning (although my school is just a walking distance from where I live) and then I suffer through the daily routine of 6-4 classes. And if I get lucky, we get dismissed at 3, sometimes at noon.

I could just slack off sometimes and hang out with my friends or something, but then I slouch in front of the computer and have a staring contest with the blinking cursor of the notepad. (I have, like, a folder for my Asianfanfics stuff for my rough-draft stories and pictures.) Then I go to weheartit.com and sift through pages of poetry and quotes that somehow, in one way or another, inspire me to write something.

Before I go to sleep, however, I think of stuff I should write and I make quotes up inside my head or something lol I'm crazy like that. Sometimes I write from 4:30 in the afternoon (after I get home from school) until 7. And aside from Dear Donghae, I also have Saving Heaven and Take Care Of My Boyfriend! and random oneshots in between so yeah :) I'm a busy unicorn like Lay.

And just so you guys know, I read comments (and by read, I mean read...then read again...then reread for the third time, the fourth time, and many times more) and so I know what you guys think of every chapter I write lol my favorite part of reading comments is when I scroll to the old ones, during the parts of the story line in which Donghae grows cold and distant.

Lol I entertain myself with your comments so yeah, while you bawl and cry over the things I write, I laugh like evil Kyuhyun as I read your comments. But sometimes, after I see myself in those situations too and reread those chapters -- other than the fact that I'm like..."Did I just write that stuff?" -- I feel awful so sometimes I offer you guys some virtual boxes of tissues ^^

Though I can't say I've already experienced all the things I've written (lol I haven't had a boyfriend since I was in the womb) I can still say I've been successful with Dear Donghae and ADMODI since my original aim was to be relatable. That's it. I wanted to be someone relatable and someone everyone can approach and talk to and be like, "I've experienced that stuff too!" kind of thing.

But since everything about Min Yu and the story and the way I write is partly true, I'm glad that few readers thank me for writing this story and thanking themselves that they've found my stories because I didn't really mean to be liked by everyone (I won't insert a lol in here because I'm in serious mode...lol) So as much as you guys want to thank me, I'm more grateful than you people are :)

So anyway, I'm thanking my Windows Media Player which is still on its crappy version (because I haven't had time to upgrade it yet) because it has been there for me through moments of writer's block and through moments when my thoughts are faster than my typing fingers. And my mouse. And this monitor. And the good speakers because I haven't seen anything louder than these.

I've been listening to great music (Kpop and not) that had helped me get through. Most of them were the songs linked on random chapters. And of course, I can't thank Donghae enough for being a part of this story (which I wish couldn't be just fictional) even though I've made him act funny and idiotic and laughable and stupid and hateful and unnecessarily naughty *cough* the rated parts *cough* so there.

Okay, I just realized I've been really chatty (but I write how I talk, I swear) and so now you know that I'm an extremely talkative person. But yeah XD so anyway, I'll skip and fast forward to the parts where I answer your questions.

LOL no. Jominhyung and i aren't the same person...or what XD Jominhyung and I used to be classmates last year, but then junior year came around and we don't see and talk that much anymore. But yeah, it's because of her that the concept of Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It? got started (as I narratied above^) She's the coauthor of most of my stories, and as coauthor she edits most of my stuff (proofreads and rereads) and sometimes she does these stuff. 

I'm going to make and write new stories, and there'll be more to come. Actually, I have two stories that are yet to be finished and I haven't updated them yet, as a matter of fact because I was too busy trying to finish this one. As narrated above, they're Saving Heaven (L.Joe and Taemin biased) and Take Care Of My Boyfriend! (Chanyeol biased). My Saving Heaven is coauthored by Jominhyung ☺

I'm planning to do more "romantic, drama, comedy" stories like Dear Donghae and ADMODI and I'm planning for Take Care Of My Boyfriend to be somewhat similar to this. I'm more into eccentric, lovely characters and hopefully, people will get to relate to them too. I do hope I achieved being someone relatable not to everyone but even just to a few.

I've written two oneshots about Eunhyuk: Andante and One Last Christmas . But yeah, those stories (and actually, all of my oneshots are drama and sad endings) so I'll try writing chaptered Eunhyuk stories. I want to explore writing Eunhae stories, but then I'm still not used to boy x boy stories. The only boyxboy story I've written was 20120530 which was Chunjoe (Chunji x L.Joe).

I have tens of thousands of inspirations for these two stories. But mostly, I'd say I was influenced by Jominhyung's and also my own life. We were similar, in a way (I don't like dwelling on details) but yeah, it was mostly influenced by our own lives. ADMODI and Dear Donghae was like two stories and people woven into Min Yu. And I've realized one time that if readers really understand who Min Yu was and what she was then these readers have also gotten to know Jominhyung and me. 

YES!! I'm really planning to write a horror story starring Kai but then the concept was all too shallow and bare that I predicted that if I finished the first chapter, I wouldn't have any ideas for the next ones to come. So I abandoned that thought but if a good inspiration comes my way someday soon, I'll always write, as long as I've got really really creative ideas that I know would be great and suitable for the story.

What inspired me to write this story and the prequel was that I was a living, breathing, eating, fangirling person with many ideas and things to say but just couldn't get it out right because they're not really meant to be said but written instead. And so I really like the quote I had put in my foreword, ❝I think a lot but I don't say much. As I write these, I know they will never be read. ❞ which was a quote from Anne Frank's diary.

I love thinking and imagining and fantasizing about stuff and possibilities that I know could happen to any person and is probably happening to someone on the other side of the world. As much as I love talking and laughing and chatting with my friends and stuff, nothing beats writing stories and poems and essays. 

I found inspiration to write Dear Donghae through comments lol weird but true. Some readers wanted me to write a sequel and so I did. I figured that since Min Yu had grown up and matured around the last chapters of ADMODI, I figured I should too, being the writer. And so in Dear Donghae, I crammed my goals and principles and beliefs and experiences and dreams all into 23-year-old Min Yu. If you've really understood Min Yu in Dear Donghae, then you would somehow know what I want myself to be in the future, or what I imagine myself to be by then.

Writing the rated scenes were really awkward lol XD but yes, it is. Although I read lots and lots of rated fanfics (and about 90% of my subscriptions are rated stories, no wonder I made it private) I black out everyimte it's my turn to write them. It's weird in a way, but I make it mild and somehow still romantic. I've read 50 Shades Of Grey and after the last page, I was like, "Writers in Asianfanfics write it SO much wilder." And so I didn't get creeped out by 50 Shades at all.

If I could change anything in the story, I would have wanted to write longer chapters. The longest chapters I've ever written were Chapter 42, Chapter 65, Chapter 98, Chapter 100, etc. The rest are still a disappointment to me in terms of length. But about the plot, there's nothing I really regret writing. Every chapter I've written was well thought of and perhaps another factor I could change was my editing skills lol Sometimes I reread the chapters again and see double spaces, wrong punctuations, wrong use of words and stuff and it irks me :P

I'm planning to!! I really am. Like a sidestory of some sort. Even just oneshots maybe. But then I really don't know what to write about them yet. I'm really really hoping some idea would fall down on me and boom! I can write about Min Young growing up and stuff. You can suggest what you want me to write and what you want to read. I take suggestions really objectively ☺

The final and hardest question of all...XD lol I'm in junior year (9th grade) 

All in all, I want to thank everyone for reading as far as this XD I feel like I've talked (or written, that is) too much even just for the final chapter. So anyway, I didn't edit this chapter because I wanted it to be real and for current and future readers to know that this writer isn't perfect and that I have flaws too, especially on this chapter. I hope Dear Donghae and Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It? had entertained you for the past year that it was in the making. I already marked Dear Donghae as complete. But I swear this isn't the last you'll hear from me. Annyeong~! ^^

-min_neulmi

Follow me on Twitter! ☺