Day 5

Dear Donghae

My My - A Pink

Narrator's POV

After breakfast, or plain toast and coffee as she was too tired to fix herself a meal, Min Yu plopped down on the sofa face down, her head buried on the cushion in a suffocating manner. She remained still for quite a long time before she heard heavy footsteps descending the stairs. Suddenly, a crushing weight fell over her, adding more to the pain she was feeling in between her thighs.

"I never knew we had such a squishy couch," Kyuhyun settled more comfortably while sitting atop her . "GET OFF," she complained in a muffled voice. "I'll finish this game first," he smirked evilly with the gaming console in his hands. "You never grew up," she commented, panting heavily from the lack of oxygen. "I see you're still tired from what you and Donghae did last night, huh?" he teased.

In response, she hid her face from him, trying her best to disguise the embarrassment as ignorance. "Ya, get off of her," Min Yu could feel Eunhyuk's presence near. "Aish, you ruin everything," the maknae complained at his hyung, but complied. Before he could again, she already sat up, wincing as every action caused a sharp sting.

"Are you okay?" Eunhyuk asked with a concerned look on his face.

Min Yu nodded with her eyes closed and rested her head on the sofa's armrest. "It's okay. I can feel your pain," Eunhyuk muttered while gently her hair. Her eyebrows furrowed at his statement and she threw him a confused look. "Just kidding," he defended with a nervous smile, while she weakly punched his arm in revenge to his bad jokes.

"When are you taking me to Lotte World?" Super Junior's dancing machine positioned himself on the little space in between game-mode Kyuhyun and pained Min Yu. "Soon. I don't have money with me right now," she grumbled incoherently, all the while making sure her legs were tightly pressed together. "PARK MIN YU!" someone shouted from upstairs. She searched for the source of the loud voice and saw Siwon.

"Oh, you're awake now, Mr. Pastor," Kyuhyun mumbled, earning him a laugh from the other two. Siwon, hating how the attention was away from him as quickly as that, stomped down the stairs, his feet threatening to break through the wooden flight of steps. He stepped in front of her, his eyes almost burning her with fierce intensity from his gaze. "What do you want?" she whined sleepily, turning to rest her head on Eunhyuk's shoulder instead.

"What now?" she pressed when Siwon didn't say a word. "Tell me honestly. What did you two do last night?" his hands held onto either sides of his hips, giving him a more strict and serious expression. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun could only laugh. A look from Siwon told them to keep quiet, and Min Yu looked up to meet his angry eyes. "Eunhyuk? Let's see...what did I do with Eunhyuk last night...hmm...nope! Don't remember a single thing," she shrugged.

"NOT HIM! I meant Donghae," Siwon hissed impatiently. He only needed her to confess the truth herself, and after that, it would be his one-man show full of sermons and preaches, outlining significant lines from the Bible and his own opinion on the matter. "Oh," Min Yu smiled at the sudden flashback, "we slept together." Siwon's nostrils flared in fury and cocked his head from side to side, searching for something.

The pillows were the first thing that caught his eye and quickly grabbed them, hurling it angrily towards the innocent floor. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Eunhyuk stood up and backed away from the ruckus happening in the living room. "WHAT. DID. YOU. TWO. DO?" he emphasized each word with an imaginary period as he stared her down. "I slept with him," she repeated stubbornly.

When Siwon ran out of pillows to toss around, his hands had a mind of its own and wrapped around Kyuhyun's neck, strangling him strongly and violently. "WHAT THE...? WHY AM I INVOLVED IN THIS?" the angered maknae switched his game off and stomped his way to his room to plan revenge on this religious hyung of his. "What's the matter with you? Isn't it in the commandment not to kill your neighbor? Well you were just about to do that a while ago," Min Yu commented.

"YOU ARE IN NO AUTHORITY TO TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG AND WHAT IS RIGHT. James chapter four verse twelve says, "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?" he began his ear-numbing teachings while Min Yu fought the urge to cover her ears.

Three years in law school taught her exactly how to maintain composure while in the middle of an argument. Siwon panted heavily, his loud shouts immediately became tiring to him. "Then who are you to tell me I'm being wrong?" she looked up at him with wide eyes, calmness emanating from her innocent look and toned-down voice. His jaw hung wide open. She was right, as if she could read what's going on through his mind clearly like transparent glass.

"What's all this shouting about?" Donghae rushed down the stairs, fully clothed this time, and hovered protectively over Min Yu. "Are you okay? Are you fine? Are you hurt?" he blabbered all at once, as if they hadn't seen each other for how many years. "I'm fine," she replied assuringly to all his questions. "What's this noise about, then?" he turned to the still-on-the-reflection-part look.

"Nothing," Min Yu smiled. "Are you sure?" Donghae pressed. "Of course. We were just talking about random things," she nodded in agreement to her own sentence. "Y-yeah. She's right. She's right," Siwon stood up to leave, ascending up the stairs in full contemplation to the discovery she had led him into with just a single statement. "Is he fine?" Donghae heard a thud as the other member closed his bedroom door silently.

"I think so," she replied softly.

Min Yu's POV

Day 5

Dear Donghae,

He switched the television on and sat down beside me. I slumped my head over the couch and closed my eyes to earn back even just a 30-minute nap. It was kind of desperate of me to turn to every escape just to free me from the throbbing pain on the lower half of my body. "Are you feeling well?" Donghae caressed my cheek with his thumb, to which I just nodded limply.

You can make a bad day instantly better.

He eyed me closely before stealing a kiss. "What?" I asked, a little puzzled. "You're beautiful~" he cooed cutely, and rested his head on my lap. I was about to push him off and protest, but he seemed comfortable with the way he was. He tugged at my hand and lifted it up to his face. I knew then what he had wanted me to do, and let my fingers run through his hair, reaching down to his perfect face.

I have too much to say. I have thought of too many things to tell you. I just don't know what to say first, or how to organize my ideas in such a way that would tell you how I really feel. But suddenly there's this pressure, stressing me to become a mix of real and perfect, so I could be, at least, on the same level as you are. I wish, by then, I could be as true as you. I want to tell you everything, but I'm afraid you won't understand.

"What do you want to do today?" he asked while his gaze was fixed solely on the TV screen. "Literally nothing," I replied truthfully. "Are you starting on keeping that up until you fall asleep?" he looked up at me with an amused look on his face. I brushed the hair covering his eyes with my thumb. "I love you," I whispered softly. He smiled to himself and shifted to prop himself up on his elbows to kiss me.

Those three simple words could never come out wrong, I believe. The only big mistake people do is to not say it at all. And I wish I could tell you every day. The problem is, I'm so afraid of the day you'll never respond at all. And I've got all these bite marks on my tongue from all the words I was too much of a coward to say out loud. This ends with me just wishing you could hear all the thoughts I want you to know. And as I write these, I know they will never be read.

"THIS IS UTTERLY DISGUSTING," Kyuhyun's heavy footsteps headed to the kitchen. "You just don't have a girlfriend, babo," Donghae laughed and sat upright. "Well, it's because you stole her away from me when I could clearly be in your position right now," the maknae fought back teasingly. "So, it's true, then, that you still aren't over her from the day at the hospital back in May, eight years ago?" the older asked.

Kyuhyun and I exchanged glances and cringed at the sight of each other, to which Donghae just laughed. "Fine, I'll just go upstairs to my room where there are no people exchanging disgusting saliva," he grumbled and walked up to his own bedroom, leaving just the two of us down here. "Come here," Donghae pulled my forearm and pushed my head back to lean on his shoulder, "I'd hug you all day if I could."

Feeling you near makes me feel protected and safe. And though I spent one of the best moments of my life with you last night, I'm still looking forward to spend the whole day just staring up at your face, watch how your little movements have their each facial expression to match. How much further do you want me to fall, then? Or do you just want me to really crave for you when you're away?

"You know I have to get back to my apartment, right?" I mumbled against his neck. "But we both know you can't really walk right now, can you?" he replied with a hint of teasing in his voice. "It's all your fault," I blamed and lightly smacked his arm. "I'll just bring you home later, okay? Not right now. You must stay longer," he insisted while his hand d at my waist tightly.

"Don't you have anything to do today? No schedule?" now it was my turn to interrogate. "Thankfully there's none. And if you really don't feel like doing anything, then I'll just stay at home," he answered. His eyes were glued to the TV show currently airing while I busied myself as I played with his hair. "You never really changed since I first saw you," I commented loudly.

Donghae picked up a thick lock of my hair and twirled it around his fingers. "Really? I feel so old and weak already," he replied a little sadly. "Do you need me to assist you while crossing the street or does your back hurt too much?" I teased, to which he just laughed. "Thank you for making me more fretful of my own age," he said sarcastically. "Are you sure you aren't too old for me?" the question blurted out of my mouth carelessly.

He turned to look at me slowly, killing me with suspense of what his response was about to be like. "Wae? Do you really hate me that way because I'm way too older?" he asked in such a way that added more to my guilt and regret. Babo, Min Yu, plain stupid. "Of course not. I was just kidding," I buried my face on the crook of his neck in total shame.

Another reason why I'm afraid to speak...

"Is something wrong?" he asked with obvious concern in his voice. "I'm fine. I'm fine. Don't worry," I stated in a haste, planting a quick kiss on his cheek before resting my forehead against his jaw. "I love you," he heaved his hand up and down my back while my legs were on top of his lap. I smiled contentedly and scooted closer to him. The best things in life aren't really things, are they?

Isn't it wonderful how you can speak right to my heart? And then there's always this crushing doubt inside me, always curious and never contented with the silence. Sometimes I think you really make me believe, but it's this stupid thought at the back of my mind that pulls me back.

"It's September, right?" Donghae suddenly tensed. "Yeah, why?" I answered with my eyebrows furrowed. "Then it's your second semester," he reminded me unknowingly, "have you paid your fees yet?" I chewed on my lip and tried my best to sound convincing. "Not yet, but I was planning to do so tomorrow," I replied with a shrug. "Are you sure? Do you need additional money or...?" "No, it's fine. I got it," I cut him off.

He eyed me suspiciously. "You know you can always ask me whatever you want. Let it be money or--" "Donghae..." I whined, "Don't get started on me with that." "WHAT? I'm just stating the truth," he defended. "Well, I'm not here for the money," I said defiantly. "All I'm saying is that you can come to me and ask for whatever you want," he protested. "You really don't have to," I responded.

I hate fighting with the one I want to be closest to. Back then, I would exhaust all reasons and possibilities just to prove that you're wrong and I'm right all along. But right now, even if you were the one with the fault, I'd be the first to apologize. If ever there's a chance you're going to read this part, laugh all you want. Everything I write seems melodramatic and downright funny.

"But I love you," he argued.

"How many times do you have to say that?" I chuckled.

"Until you realize it's true and know it for yourself."

P.S. How can you read my mind?

~Happy Father's Day to all your wonderful fathers out there! Don't forget to greet them, okay?