Hot And Cold

Dear Donghae

Oasis - Beast

Narrator's POV

"Ya, Donghae. Stop texting other girls. It's not helping me sleep," Min Yu groaned and turned her back to him. "I'm definitely NOT texting other girls," he defended and shoved the phone under his pillow. "You're not even my boyfriend yet and you're already cheating on me," she snorted. "Of course not," Donghae protested, scooting closer and encircling his arms around her.

Somehow, just them being together feels enough. No need for words to be uttered nor spoken. Even as simple as that, it was pure and true. "And I won't do that to you ever," he added. "Then let me see," she tried to snatch his handphone from him. "There's such thing as privacy," he protested, embarrassed to let her see his Twitter conversations with the rest of the members, who are just in the same dorm as him. She smiled and held onto him closer. "But what if I do cheat on you?" Min Yu challenged, waiting eagerly for his reaction. "There's no one who could be any better than me for you. Honestly, we both know that," he replied truthfully.

His statement made electric sparks course throughout her body. But then again, what does Donghae do that doesn't make her love him more? "Wait. I want to try something," she pushed him to lie on his back. Before he could protest, she rested her head against his chest, exactly at the spot where his heart was. In the silence, his heartbeat was the best melody her ears have ever heard.

"Can you hear that? My heart has a sore throat," said he, "It always shouts for your name."

"You ruined the moment," she complained and buried her face on a pillow instead. Her every action was lovable in front of his own eyes. "Go to sleep," he ordered, trying to sound serious but obviously failed. They both fell in deep slumber, content and happy with whatever feelings they share and have in common. Hours passed and the darkest phase of the night has come and gone.

The warm sunlight burst in from all directions as the bright, majestic star had once again risen in Seoul. Donghae was the first one to wake up. He scrunched his eyes and pulled the blanket to cover his face from the sun. "Donghae, I can't breathe," Min Yu complained and pushed the blanket away from her. He just groaned and rolled to lay on top of her, adding more to her irritation.

"Hyung, it's already 8. Why don't you wake--AAAAACK!" Ryeowook burst in through the door without knocking and got startled by what he saw, taking long steps backward before dashing back to his room. "Get off," Min Yu grumbled and pushed Donghae away. "Fine," he gave up with a sigh and sat up, ruffling his bed hair as if that would do the trick.

He pondered for a few moments about what he was supposed to do, but went ahead and plopped back down on the bed beside her. Min Yu stirred in her shallow sleep and made his chest as her pillow. "Do you have to go somewhere?" she asked with her eyes still closed, too lazy to even face him when she talks. "Rehearsals," he answered, his morning voice deep and throaty.

"Don't go~" she whined, tugging at his shirt.

He smiled and lifted her face up to his, planting a kiss on her soft lips. "You know I have to." She puckered her lips, making him want to kiss her again. "When are you planning to tell my parents?" she asked. "I want to get ahead of Heechul hyung. If he blabbers to Leeteuk about it first, the story would go as if I you, or I forced you to kiss me or anything like that. You know how Heechul hyung gets," he replied while standing up and heading to his closet.

"FREEZE!" someone shouted with a powerful kick to the door, making it bang open against the wall. Min Yu and Donghae stared at Siwon with wide eyes as the model slash performer slash actor held a Bible and rosary in his hands. Behind him was a flustered Ryeowook who clasped his hands together as if in prayer. "M-mwo?" she was the first to speak.

Siwon looked around Donghae's room, as if it was his first time to be inside it. "I THOUGHT YOU SAID THEY WERE DOING 'IT'?" he shouted at Ryeowook, who had surprise written all over his expression. "Doing what? Is there something wrong with fixing the bed?" Min Yu protested while piling up the pillows neatly on a corner and folding up the blanket.

"And I'm getting ready for rehearsals. What's wrong with you two? So early in the morning yet so noisy," Donghae grumbled, taking an ironed shirt hanging overhead.

"They're doing nothing wrong!" Siwon scolded the younger. "B-but a while ago D-Donghae hyung w-was on t-top of her..." he thought out loud. "Aish. You're wasting my time. They look perfectly normal. And to think I prepared a speech about premarital ..." Siwon muttered and turned around to leave the two in peace.

"A SPEECH ABOUT WHAT?"

Donghae's POV

"Kyuhyun-ah, before you come here, wake Heechul hyung first," Eunhyuk ordered. "Do what?" the maknae asked as he descended the stairs one by one. "Aish. Never mind," Eunhyuk replied and followed his own order. "WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO WAKE ME UP?!" Heechul shouted from his room as Hyukjae entered, making us all cringe at what could be happening inside.

Luckily, Eunhyuk came out unharmed and complete in body parts. He didn't come out bleeding or fractured, and I exhaled a sigh of relief. The eldest sat on the vacant chair and waited for the food to be passed towards him. "Appa, I cooked this especially for you," Min Yu presented him the food with a bright smile on her face. Heenim, in turn, just stared at his plate and stood up.

"I'm not hungry," he mumbled to himself, loud enough for everyone to hear. Siwon tensed up beside Min Yu and was about to open his mouth to say something, but she gave him a look that told him not to. She seemed offended by his reaction, but she kept to herself and continued eating instead. I kicked Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk's feet under the table and glanced knowingly at them.

Eunhyuk understood before snatching a portion from Heechul's plate and munching on the food with his mouth open. "Min Yu-ssi, you should have cooked that for me instead. It's delicious," he commented. The corners of twisted up to a smile, but it wasn't enough to assure me she was happy. After breakfast, we all got ready to head to the company building for practice.

When everyone was set and prepared, we went out and rode on the van. Siwon, Sungmin, Ryeowook and Heechul were the first ones to get inside the van. Min Yu was supposed to get in after Heechul, but he already closed the door in front of her face as soon as she stepped forward. "Hyung..." Eunhyuk called out from behind me. I yanked the car door open and let her in.

My fists and jaw clenched unknowingly after I entered and settled on the free space beside Min Yu. Only then did I realize I was angry after she heaved her hand up and down on my forearm with a reassuring smile plastered across her lips. "Ya, Min Yu-ssi," Heechul said. "Ne?" she responded. Her eyes lit up at the expectation of him already forgiving her...but she was wrong.

"Do your parents know about you two being in a relationship?" he asked, staring out at the window as the view outside the vehicle passed by quickly. "We're not in a relationship. Just dating," I explained ahead of her. "Was I talking to you, Donghae?" he raised his eyebrow questioningly. I knew better than to argue and instead, slumped back on my seat.

"Not yet. But we--" "When do you plan to tell them? When you're already pregnant with his child?" he scolded. "It's nothing like tha--" "OH HELL IT'S EXACTLY LIKE THAT. We wouldn't have known anything if we never saw you two in the kitchen. So you plan to keep things to yourselves huh? We could have at least had a clue on what was going on," he cut her off in every explanation she stated.

She knew any more words coming from would only make the situation worse, so she ended the argument with a sigh and sulked in silence until we had reached the destination. Luckily, Leeteuk hyung was busy shooting a commercial abroad and couldn't come. With her beside me, I had my inspiration to work harder and do my utmost best...although I think my last statement sounded like a graduation speech.

We went out of the car and walked to the lobby, quickly boarding the elevator shaft. "Are you feeling okay?" I asked, just making sure, despite the obvious fact that she badly wanted to be forgiven by Heechul. She nodded and flashed a smile as I intertwined her fingers with mine. "Min Yu-ssi, I think the Teen Top boys will be there," Kyuhyun teased while poking at her side, trying his best to irritate her.

"I want to see Seohyun. Do you still like her?" she snapped back. "YOU LIKE HER?!" Sungmin slapped the maknae's back harshly. "Minnie, saranghae~" he replied and did aegyo, but he turned to Min Yu with a fiery glare. "You ruined their date, remember?" I butted in. Min Yu buried her face in her hands as Kyuhyun pointed to her while laughing darkly. "That was long ago," she whined.

Narrator's POV

"Ah. You must be Changmin. Kyuhyun said you always cry loudly whenever hmmmppff..." Min Yu couldn't continue what she was saying because Kyuhyun had already covered with his hand as he smiled nervously at the shocked Changmin. "Saranghae~" Super Junior's maknae opened his arms out wide and embraced the DBSK member tightly, as if they haven't seen each other in a long time.

"Changmin," Changmin held out his hand with a smile. "Min Yu. Park Min Yu," she replied and shook the man's hand. "Teukie hyung's daughter? Aish. You didn't tell me you still liked her," Changmin winked at Kyuhyun knowingly. "NO! No," he quickly protested while blood pooled thickly in his cheeks, making him blush deep red. "Oh really? Well then. Why don't you call me sometime?" Changmin pulled his phone from his pocket.

"YA! She and Donghae hyung are dating," Kyuhyun protested. "Well that's really unfortunate. Do you have a sister?" he pressed. "My sister's only seven..." she replied softly, faking a smile as the situation grew more awkward by the moment. "You might want to introduce her to SNSD. They're over there," he gestured to a different room, and Kyuhyun quickly pulled her arm to follow her.

"Annyeonghaseyo," they both greeted after entering the wide practice room full of girls. Before the door could swing back to the doorframe, it burst open once again.

"Hey," Donghae greeted in between pants. He held onto his knees for support while trying to catch his breath. "D-Donghae? I thought you were with the others?" she demanded, waiting for him to respond.

"I just..." he inhaled deeply and stood up straight. "I just wondered if you were thirsty. I have water or coffee, whichever you want," he offered with a cup in his right and a bottle in the other. "Thank you," she smiled, giving him a peck on the lips. He sighed and opened the bottle of water for her. "Totally worth it," he muttered to himself.

"Oppa, is that yours? Can I have a drink?" one member of the girl group approached them.

"I'm sorry, Sunny-ssi. But it's hers," Donghae pointed to Min Yu. "Annyeonghaseyo," she bowed and greeted politely. "Oh, Sunny this is Min Yu. Min Yu, Sunny. She and Donghae are dating," Kyuhyun made the two acquainted. "Oppa, seriously? Who is she, the one millionth girl?" Sunny teased, to which Min Yu just chuckled. "Of course not!" Donghae protested. "Kidding. I'll go back to practice now. It was nice meeting you," the Girls' Generation member excused herself and walked away.

The three headed towards an empty bench and sat in silence. "You know she was kidding, right?" Donghae said, silently hoping she didn't believe a word of anything Sunny had said. "Of course," she smiled and watched the people coming in and out of the room. Donghae glanced at his watch and stood up immediately. "I have to go back. I just escaped from Heechul hyung. I'll be back, arasseo?" he reminded and jogged out of the practice area.

Changmin suddenly darted inside the room, making Kyuhyun rush up to him and leaving Min Yu all alone. But not for long. Yoona, Jessica, and Sunny went to the bench where she was and sat beside her. "Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted politely, her eyes staring at the unfamiliar face. "Min Yu-ssi, it's been a long time since I last saw you. How are you?" Yoona smiled.

"I'm fine. Thanks," Min Yu responded sincerely. "Ah. Sica unnie, this is Park Min Yu. She's Teukie oppa's daughter," Yoona introduced to Jessica. "Oh! Oh! And she and Donghae oppa are dating," Sunny added. "Jinjja?" Yoona exclaimed in surprise, to which Min Yu just nodded. "Jung Jessica. You can call me Sica for short," she smiled and held out her hand, which Min Yu shook gently.

"Yoona! Sunkyu!" Taeyeon shouted for the two, and they immediately rushed to their leader's side, leaving Jessica and Min Yu in awkward silence. "So...you and Donghae, huh?" the older started. "Just dating," Min Yu corrected any thought that might create a misunderstanding. "How old are you?" Jessica pressed, leaving Min Yu to wonder why she had to ask such interrogations.

"I'm 23," she answered as-a-matter-of-factly. "Huh, I never realized he would go after someone that young. He always had his eye on older women, if not the same age as him," the SNSD member shrugged and wiped the sweat from her forehead with a towel. "So how long have you two been dating?" she asked once again. "About two weeks. But we've known each other since Leeteuk married my mom," she explained.

"THAT LONG? Normally, he ignored girls after three days or so. And has he told you that he has phone numbers of almost all the girls here in SM? Such a player, that guy," she shook her head as she laughed heartily. Min Yu laughed in with her, but her head ached after trying to scream mentally and call Kyuhyun's attention in her mind. At this moment, the evil maknae could save her from murdering this older girl beside her.

"When you confront him and tell him all those things, he'll say, 'But you're different!' Been there, done that," she continued ranting on and on about things Min Yu really didn't ask for, but listened to anyway because it was interesting. "You've been dating for two weeks but you never knew about those stuff? There's A LOT MORE things you don't know about Donghae," Jessica said.

"Yeah. I guess I really don't know him at all," Min Yu replied blankly. "Noona, we have to go," Kyuhyun butted in as he tugged at Min Yu's arm, gesturing for them to leave.

"Too bad. We were just having a fun time talking. I guess I'll see you soon. It was nice meeting you," Jessica waved goodbye as the two got further and further away until they have completely exited the place.

So she wasn't different at all. Maybe that's why Donghae never really talked about himself, Min Yu thought while walking side by side with Kyuhyun. "Ya, are you okay? What did that woman tell you?" he asked. "She just told me lots of...new things I'm sure I've never known before," she mumbled softly. The silence stretched on until such time that they had reached Super Junior's rehearsals.

"We're back~" Kyuhyun singsonged as they both entered in long strides. Min Yu headed to a lone corner and sat as she watched the group busily practicing. For the first time, she wished she had been too deaf not to hear what the Jessica girl had said. Her words still played back in her mind, like a REPLAY button that had been abused too much.

 Normally, he ignored girls after three days or so. And has he told you that he has phone numbers of almost all the girls here in SM? Such a player, that guy...

Been there, done that...

There's A LOT MORE things you don't know about Donghae...

"Hey. You look pale. Is anything wrong?" Donghae sat beside her. "Can I go home? I mean, home as in my apartment. I'm not feeling well," she quickly made up a lie to get out of the place as soon as possible. "Do you want me to bring you home or...?" "No, it's fine. I can go by myself," she stood up and was about to dart through the door but he stopped her. "Say goodbye to the others first," he said. "Donghae, I really want to go home," she whined.

"Even just to Eunhyuk," he pressed. "Donghae..." "Please?" he pleaded and it took her too much self-control to avoid yelling at him. "Eunhyuk-ah, I'll be going home," she gave up and just shouted for her to be heard. "Take care!" he reminded and went back to his dancing. "Happy?" she rolled her eyes at Donghae, who just smiled and reached for her hand, but she pretended to fix her clothes.

They both left the practice room and headed for the elevators. "Did you meet anyone interesting?" he asked, trying to start a conversation to cover up the deafening silence. Something was obviously off, and he could feel it too. "Changmin, Sunny, Jessica..." she replied, all the while still avoiding his hand. He gave up trying to hold her hand and instead, encircled it around her shoulder.

Her whole body tensed at his touch, waiting for him to drop it off. "Do you want to eat lunch first?" he offered. "I'd rather stay at home," she answered monotonously, without a hint of emotion in her voice. They reached the elevator and Min Yu wished it wasn't empty, or else the silence would make more room for confrontation, the thing she had hated most.

But the doors opened, and it was as if the gods up above were playing a dirty trick on her. They both walked into the empty shaft and he pressed the button for the ground floor. His arm fell and crept to reach hers, but she crossed her arms over her chest and rested her head against the aluminum wall. He sighed and gave up on the cold shoulder she was unknowingly giving him.

"What's the matter?" Donghae finally asked. "Why don't you ask the 999,999 other girls you've dated?" she snapped back, unable to control her curiosity any longer.

"WHAT? I told you Sunny was just joking," he explained calmly. "Is it true you ignore girls after three days of knowing them?" she asked, her voice shaking and her fists clenched tightly.

"What are you talking about? Who told you those things?" he snapped back. "IS IT TRUE? Did you use to date Jessica?" she hissed angrily. His eyes widened at the sound of her name. "JESSICA? Was she the one who told you all those stuff? I mean, yeah. I used to like her, but we never even dated. Come on, why won't you believe me?" he half-pleaded, half-shouted.

She breathed in and out deeply, filling her lungs and taking notice of how her chest expands and contracts with every inhale and exhale. She clearly wasn't in the mood for an argument. "Are you mad at me? Whatever stories and things she told you, those were all lies. Please believe me. You've known me much longer, and you know I don't do those kinds of stuff. And besides, you're different from all other girls I've known," he stated.

The doors opened as they had reached the ground floor of the building. "Yeah, she told me you would say that too," she responded before stepping out of the lift, leaving Donghae behind.

~Why you guys don't comment :( I made this chapter especially longer, so please please please give me feedbacks. Tell me if it's boring or there's a mistake, or whatever you want to say. Please? :( -min_neulmi ♥