In Trouble

Dear Donghae

Can You Smile? - Infinite

Narrator's POV

To Min Yu and Donghae's expectations, Heechul paced around the room with a spatula in his hand. "So when did this all start?" he asked. Eunhyuk and the rest of the members encircled them like a mob ganging up on their targets. The two people in question just exchanged nervous looks and their grip on each other's hands grew tighter.

Her eyes widened, gesturing him to be the one to answer. But he shook his head no defiantly.

"YA! I JUST ASKED A QUESTION AND I DESERVE AN ANSWER!" Heechul shouted and held the spatula in front of their faces, making them cringe in anticipation for his spankings. "Th-three years ago," Min Yu replied and pursed her lips afterwards. "SO YOU CHEATED ON CHUNJI?" Siwon's eyes glared at her. "Aish. I can understand the kissing part 'cause you know..." Kyuhyun winked at her knowingly, "But DONGHAE?!?"

"Aish. I know what to do here," Eunhyuk grumbled and pulled Min Yu to the balcony with him. Donghae was about to protest and follow after them, but Heechul smacked his arm with the spatula. "HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL US ABOUT THIS?!" he scolded. Since he was now the eldest in the house after Leeteuk moved out, the pressure to be responsible and mature was all up to him.

"Because I had known all of THIS was coming," he gestured to the other Super Junior members with a combination of shock, anger, and confusion in their faces as they surrounded him like an inescapable barrier. "Now I'll always imagine you two kissing whenever I cook in the kitchen," Ryeowook cried and stomped out of the living room. "Pinch me. I think I'm having a nightmare," Sungmin's eyes were frozen on nothingness.

As a response, Kyuhyun kicked his leg. "OW!" Sungmin exclaimed in pain as he rubbed his hurting thigh. "Well, you asked for it," the evil maknae smirked darkly. "How could you do that, Donghae? What's wrong with you?" Yesung sighed and sat beside the busted member on the sofa. "I mean, she's our daughter. How can you...like her?" Sungmin glared at him like Donghae had just committed the worst crime in the history of mankind.

"Can't I have the right to date her?" Donghae protested. "Oh, you can. And while you're at it, WHY DON'T I JUST MARRY HEEBUM TOO?" Heechul yelled, working hard to put a thick edge of sarcasm at the end of his statement. "And do you even realize what Teukie hyung will say if he knows about this?" he added. At the moment, Heechul became Donghae's conscience as he buried his face in his hands and only then did he realize the graveness of his actions.

"Well, if it's any consolation to you..." said Siwon as he, too, sat on the free space beside Donghae, "I'm happy for you. And as long as you two don't step on anybody in the long run, I'm glad she's dating someone like you."

"Thanks," Donghae sniffled. "DON'T BE ON HIS SIDE!" Heechul's eyes widened while aiming the spatula at Siwon's head. "I'm not taking sides, hyung. The fact that he allowed himself to be the third party in an ongoing relationship wasn't any good, and I'd have to talk to Min Yu about it later on. Stop being so naggy and angry about it," he replied.

"UGH! You are all driving me to my extremes. Am I the only one sane here?" Heechul grumbled and returned to his room, slamming the door behind him. "What? So you're all going to scold me too? Go ahead. Tell me how much of a bad person I am," Donghae gestured to the others. "Donghae, you stole her from me," Kyuhyun monotonously replied, which earned him a silencing nudge from Sungmin.

"We're not angry. Just surprised," he added. "Well, for your information, I really really care about her. I was stupid enough to let many years pass by without me telling someone about it. Trust me, even Eunhyuk doesn't know. Now that you've all known about us because of Heechul's screaming and yelling, I hope you treat her the same. You can go on and hit me if you want, just let all your anger out on me, not her. And if it comes to the point where I'm the one who makes her cry, please feel free to punch me in the face," Donghae said.

"I won't just punch you. I'll castrate you," Kyuhyun mumbled.

Meanwhile...

"YOU...YOU...YOU MAN-STEALER!" Eunhyuk shouted as soon as he had shut the balcony doors closed, shutting them off from the ruckus outside. "HOW DARE YOU KISS MY FISHY LIKE THAT?!?" She backed away when he neared her, his eyes blazing furiously and might shoot laser beams at any minute. "I'm sorry!" she nervously ran away from him, afraid to be cornered.

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING BETWEEN YOU TWO!" he hissed through gritted teeth as he caught up with her, pinning her to stop moving. "Don't hurt me," she fought back weakly. He felt her shaking under his touch, and he breathed in sharply through his mouth, in and out to calm himself down. When his blood no longer boiled in anger and his fists were no longer clenched, he let her go.

"I'm sorry," she repeated, her eyes full of sincerity. He smiled and walked past her to lean against the railing. Eunhyuk closed his eyes and inhaled the delicious, cold night air to fill his lungs and be a proof that he wasn't dreaming. "He can't hide anything from me. Even if he never really told me anything, I've kinda guessed he was into you. We've been together for who knows how long. A part of me is really happy for you because you're so lucky to have him."

"Tell me. What made you fall for him?"

"You know what would make a shorter list? The reasons that DON'T make me fall for him."

"That's a great pick-up line. Why haven't I thought of that? I'll keep that one in mind..." Eunhyuk thought out loud, to which Min Yu just frowned. "Ya, if ever you use that, give me credit or something," she scolded. He smiled and put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. "You know I love you both, and I don't know which person to kill if either of you gets hurt, so take care of my fishy, arasseo?" he reminded.

"Even if your words seem erted, and even though it's not like we're getting married or something, but because of your serious face, I promise," she raised her hand up high to swear. "Good," he pinched her nose. Moments passed with them just staring out into the night view outside the dorm's balcony. Eunhyuk shifted in his spot uncomfortably as he chewed on his lip.

"Your lips are pale. Say what you have to say," she ordered.

"Fine. I still think you're a bad person and you won't be a good girlfriend to Hae. Even now that you're just living with us, you tease us like there's no tomorrow. What more if one of us becomes your boyfriend? Oh no. This is bad. Okay, Lee Hyukjae, no more negative thoughts. Aish. I really AM getting old. What if girls wouldn't want to date me anymore? What about the pick-up line I stole from Min Yu? And a--"

"Jeez, old man. Go to sleep," she shooed him away. He breathed deeply and dropped the arm on her shoulder. Eunhyuk ruffled her hair until it was messy and tangled, just irritating her before he followed her advice and went to bed. He turned towards the door and scratched the back of his head as he realized his senseless rants. "Eunhyuk?" she called out as he was just about to step off.

"Just wait. I'll prove you wrong."

"What if you don't?" even with his back facing her, she could hear the faint smirk in his words. "I'd bring you to the circus," she bargained. "What if you DO prove me wrong? What if I really saw that you treat Donghae right, that he's happy with you?" he demanded. "Then I'd treat you to Lotte World," she smiled, knowing her words made a great impact even to the most gullible member.

"Deal."

Donghae's POV

The door burst open and in came her. I stood up and hovered over her. "What did Eunhyuk do to you? Did he hurt you? Did he yell at you? Did he t-touch you? Oh no. What did Hyukjae do to my baby? DON'T TELL ME HE SCOLDED YOU?! Just rest here and I'll kick that bad guy's guts until he cried," I blabbered all at once and was about to storm out of the room, when she stopped me.

"Relax, Donghae. Breathe in, breathe out," she ordered.

I followed exactly what she told me to do and it helped calm down my nerves. "Feeling better?" she asked and I nodded in response. She smiled to herself as she plopped down on her bed, making the mattress squeak at the sudden weight. "What DID you two talk about anyway?" I pressed, yanking my closet doors open and tossing a shirt and boxers her way.

"Well, at first I thought I was going to die. I mean, he chased me around the balcony with his fists clenched so tightly that the knuckles might break out of his skin. And can you imagine that? He chased me around the BALCONY, which can only be occupied by two people at the most. And he CHASED me around that extremely narrow area--" "So what? Were you hurt? Do you want me to bring you to the hospital?" I pulled at her wrists to make her sit up.

She pulled her arm back and went to the bathroom. "Where are you going?" I asked, climbing to my own bed and covering myself with the blanket. "Going to change clothes," she shouted back. "Just change here. Not like I haven't seen anything before..." "ERTED!" she yelled, making me laugh at her expression. A few minutes later, she came back out and laid down on her own bed.

"Ya, sleep beside me. I missed you~" I whined. "If you want something, work hard for it. You sleep here," she patted the space beside her. "It's my room. You should follow what I say," I fought back. "I'm the guest. You should give me what I want," she snapped. "Get out of my room then," I gestured her towards the door. "Rock paper scissors then," she suggested.

"Just get out. I always lose at whatever game I play. It's not fair," I stated. "I'll sleep beside Heechul appa then," she stood up and clutched her pillow with one hand. "He's mad at you. And I will be, too, if you don't sleep beside me," I commented. "I should be the one angry because you're the one who got me into trouble in the first place," she blamed. I stood up and dragged my blanket to her bed after realizing she was right.

"Where do I sleep?"

She stared at me with amusement written all over her face. Min Yu just smiled and settled down on her bed beside me. I pulled the blanket over us and switched the lights off. "I'm sorry," I muttered, rolling on my side to face her. "No need to be," she replied, closing her eyes and putting her arm around my waist. "So when will you be my girlfriend?" I pressed impatiently.

"Soon. You're a frustrated person, aren't you? We've been dating for two weeks and you're already expecting me to say yes?" she smiled and nuzzled against my chest.

"Then I guess I'll have to use my Donghae tactics then," I sighed.

"What's that?" she asked.

"It's a secret technique Eunhyuk taught me."

"Come on. If you can't tell me the whole thing, just let me in on the main objective," she lightly punched my arm.

"I'll make you fall in love with me."

"But I already am."

~Sorry for the late update :( Jominhyung, get well soon. Saranghae~ ♥ Can you please check this other fanfic of mine? :) 20120530 Thanks ☺