Might need an umbrella...

Dear Donghae

Narrator's POV

Day 25

"Why don't you go sit next to her so you could stare the whole day?"

"What? NO!" protested Donghae as he sat up straight beside the busy Min Yu. She snorted in response and flipped the page of the book she was reading. Donghae couldn't help but throw quick glances, together with the other male customers, towards the fair, pretty woman sitting at a stool by herself. Who wouldn't get hooked? She was wearing a loose tank top and a pair of short shorts, matched with sunglasses and 4-inch stilettos.

"See? You looked at her. AGAIN," sighed Min Yu while shaking her head in disbelief. Lifting her cup of coffee from the table, she pushed her reading glasses far up high the bridge of her button nose. "Nice weather we're having," commented Donghae, trying his best to divert the subject to something else, other than the fact that the unknown woman really was attractive.

His girlfriend, though, was not amused. "Don't try and change the topic, Fishy," she scolded in an angered tone. Donghae, in turn, rested his cheek on the sharp edge of her shoulder, but she shrugged him away.

"Are you jealous?" asked Donghae.

"No," replied Min Yu with an air of indifference, although she wanted to scream at him at the top of her lungs for staring at a different girl. She could admit it that she herself wasn't that pretty, that lean and slender...

"You are," insisted her boyfriend while an amused reaction crept up his face.

"No."

"Yes."

"When I say no, then it means no," stated Min Yu quite loudly, which made him speechless. He remained silent for a while, busily playing with her hair, but she kept pushing his hands off. He couldn't understand why she had to lie when it was absolutely obvious that she was jealous.

"Are you jealous?" he asked again.

"I said no," her eyes never left the right side of the literary piece she was intently understanding.

"Give me a kiss. I love you~" he mumbled sweetly.

"Go get a kiss from that woman over there. Oh, and while you're at it, why don't you go tell her you love her too?" she scowled monotonously at him without making eye contact. He sulked in silence and guilt while watching her cold expression. "Are you mad?" he nudged her cheek with the tip of his nose. "Obviously not!" she smiled sourly at the scorned Donghae.

He groaned and buried his face completely on her left shoulder. "Don't be mad," he begged. "Let me think about it while I try to understand the complex differences of ratified and unratified amendments to the Constitution," said Min Yu, playing hard to get and making Donghae feel guiltier by the second. In other words, she wanted him to beg for it, perhaps fall down on his knees in apology.

"I have absolutely no idea what that just meant, but please forgive me," pleaded the frustrated Super Junior member, earning glances from nearby customers of the business he owned himself. "Get a grip. People are staring," she commented with an amused chuckle. Apparently, seeing his eyebrows furrowed plus the frown on his lips became entertaining for her, though she never really understood why.

The chimes hanging by the door sounded, followed by ruckus and loud talking. "I told you a hundred times not to put anything metal in the microwave! See? Now we can't reheat food," Sungmin scolded Kyuhyun. "Well what do I know?! You hyungs do all the cooking for the victorious, glorious, ever handsome and talented maknae...Cho Kyuhyun!" the youngest exclaimed out loud with conviction.

"He doesn't know anything! Stop shouting!" cried Ryeowook while Siwon could only massage his throbbing temples in combined noise and senselessness. "HAE~ I missed you," Eunhyuk immediately rushed towards the couple sitting on a faraway corner. The group's dancing machine rushed to his best friend's side, only to be shoved away before he could even cling to him.

Eunhyuk backed away with a pout. "I thought we were together forever?!" he screeched at a loud volume, attracting looks from people around them. "Lovers' quarrel at its best. Oh too bad!" Kyuhyun exclaimed and tugged at Min Yu's arm, gesturing to go away. "Let's go someplace else, where guys don't argue with their girlfriends and microwaves don't get broken," he tried persuading

Min Yu just chuckled at the maknae's silly offer, her gaze fixed at each page she read. "I'm sorry," Donghae repeated for the second time...or was it third? To him it didn't matter. He would apologize all day if he had to. She waved him away with her free hand. "What did you do again?" asked Siwon curiously as he took up the space on the vacant chair across them.

"Ask him," answered Min Yu, while Donghae just ruffled his own hair in frustration. She had a cocky smile plastered on her face all the while. "Ugh. Fine. She caught me staring at that girl over there," he explained while motioning to the girl sitting in the middle of the busy restaurant. "Well hello there~" Eunhyuk forgot all about his previous issues and fixed the collar of his shirt. "See? You just looked at her again," commented Min Yu as-a-matter-of-factly.

The other members were busily gawking over their new discovery. "I mean, who wouldn't stare at her?" said wide-eyed Sungmin. "Jeez, these people," sighed Kyuhyun while jumping over seats to squeeze himself in between Min Yu and the wall. "In interviews, they'd say 'Oh, personality is always better than looks.' But here they are, almost drooling over a girl who wears more makeup than clothes."

"Chill," Min Yu smiled at his comment. "How dare they call themselves grown-ups when they still can't help but stare at girls who wear clothes that are an inch away from revealing what should be hidden? They're women, for crying out loud! I wish all of the world's females would be like you. You know...smart, mature, independent, not the needy type, beautiful even under those oversized, casual attires..." he continued.

She held her fist up, "Oh come on. Why aren't all men similar to you?"

"Why aren't you my girlfriend?" Kyuhyun pumped her knuckles with his fist as they both laughed.

Min Yu turned her attention back to her book. It took her exactly a minute and twenty-three seconds -- Kyuhyun counted -- to realize what he just said. "So you still like me after all those years?!" she exclaimed quite loudly. The evil maknae just let out a dark laugh. "Kyeopta~" he cooed before pinching the life out of her cheeks, making it red and painful.

She almost forgot Donghae was sitting quietly on the other side. "Are you making me jealous as revenge? Because it's working," he muttered sadly.

"You know what would make me forgive you?" Her heart wavered at the sight of him.

His eyes suddenly lit up at the chance. "What?"

But Min Yu wasn't the type to make everything easy. As she always says, if he wants something, then he has to work for it. She leaned closer, as if she was about to kiss him, which he also visualized after closing his eyes and waiting to feel her lips against his. She fought back a laugh while resting her chin on his shoulder. "You have to have a lisp," whispered Min Yu against his ear.

After giggling at his greatly disappointed reaction, she consumed more of her coffee. "A WHAT?" Donghae shouted. In response, Min Yu fished her phone out and searched through her contacts. When she found what she was looking for, she immediately pressed the phone against the side of her head as the dial tone sounded. "Yoboseyo?" she answered, while Donghae was still astounded.

"Ne...Someone wants to talk to you..." she glanced at him with a wide grin across her face. "What? Who?" Donghae shrieked, still confused. "Oh just talk to him," she handed him the phone. "Yoboseyo?" he almost shouted at the mysterious person on the other line. "Donghae thunbaenim!" Sehun greeted from the SME building, where he was waiting for Luhan to finish his vocal practices.

"WHO IS THIS?!" he snapped back angrily. The Super Junior members turned to look at the source of the voice, only to see Donghae scolding his handheld gadget.

"Ektho-K Thehun imnidaaa~" he proudly announced.

"What does Sehun have to do with this?" Donghae turned to his girlfriend.

"Pay attention to how he talks."

Donghae stomped his feet under the table in total irritation. "I don't want to listen to him. I feel like I'll get splattered with his saliva every time he speaks," he complained while trying hard to look apologetic. "I can go for a whole week without talking to you," she chuckled at his pained expression. "Aish. Fine," he gave up and braced himself for the imaginary splatters.

"Hyung, have you theen Kyungthoo? Thuho hyung hath been looking for him thinthe yethterday," (Hyung, have you seen Kyungsoo? Suho hyung has been looking for him since yesterday.) sighed Sehun. "N-no! I haven't," stammered Donghae at his hoobae. "Do you know what a lisp is? Min Yu wants me to have it. What is it? Is it like food or..." he rubbed the back of his neck in confusion.

On the other line, he could hear Sehun pause. "Itth the way I talk. How dare thee make fun of me?! I'll tell Luhan hyung about thith and--" (It's the way I talk. How dare she make fun of me?! I'll tell Luhan hyung about this and--) "NO! Itth--I mean it's my fault. Don't get mad at her. Anywayth--ANYWAYS, sorry for the bother," interrupted Donghae while slowly being influenced by the EXO member's S defect.

He hung up and ended the call before handing the phone back to its original owner. "How was it?" Min Yu asked in between laughter. His expression was priceless, after all. "Do you really want me to talk like him?" he cringed at the idea of having a lisp, wondering how Sehun had been able to live with it ever since. "You have to do it. It'd be hilarious," she nodded convincingly.

Donghae crossed his arms over his chest and pondered deeply. "Fine," he grumbled. "So move," she pushed him off of the leather seat. "Where are you going?" he asked sadly, obviously avoiding words with the letter s to avoid the lisp. She fixed her clothes, her reading material open in one hand using her finger as a bookmark, and tugged at his arm with the other. "Let's go."

"Where are you taking me?" he insisted while being dragged out the door.

"Everywhere. So people would hear your lisp."

Min Yu's POV

Dear Donghae,

"What's wrong with you?!" screeched Leeteuk. His voice sounded like a race car coming to a halt, the tires screaming in surrender. I fought the urge to cover my ears at the sound of him talking. "Well, your daughterth mad at me. Tho I have to have a lithp," (Well, your daughter's mad at me. So I have to have a lisp.) replied Donghae innocently. I laughed so hard, toppling over my own mother sitting right to me.

"Sit up straight!" she scolded, while her face reddened in utter amusement. "Why did you bring him here?! I'm so irritated with the way he talks!" Leeteuk sounded furious. "I don't want someone sending showers of saliva all over my house!" Donghae's face fell with a light sniffle to match. "Oh shut up. You just can't try it because omma would kick you out," I snapped back.

All you ever did was make my jaws hurt from all the smiling and laughing I do. It's like you were born to be my personal comedian. Do you know how that feels?

"Don't cry," I patted his back to calm him down. "Aish," Leeteuk puffed his cheeks with air. "We'll leave you to look after Min Young until we come back home, arasseo?"

"Where are you two going anyway?" Donghae demanded. "Just out for lunch and walking around and all that stuff," omma stood up and clutched her purse tightly. "Don't take too long," I reminded before waving goodbye as my parents advanced to the door. As Leeteuk closed it after he exited, Donghae's head felt heavy on my shoulder.

"Can I lothe my lithp now?" (Can I lose my lisp now?)

To say you're heaven-sent is an understatement in itself. I could tell you you're a wonderful person, but in the end, it's either you would tease me because I'm being cheesy, or you'll end up being overconfident.

I shook my head defiantly. "You can't. You can only lose it when it's not funny anymore," I turned to look at his handsome face. "Then give me a kith," (Then give me a kiss.) his lips puckered up to meet mine, but I inched away. "UGH. You're such a mean person," he commented angrily. "Where's the lisp? I can't hear it," I tilted my head, pretending not to hear. "You're thuch a mean person," he repeated.

"I'm not," I defended.

"Prove it. All you ever do ith teathe me, punch me even if I'm tired and worn-out, puth me away when I juth want a hug."

With what word can I explain to you? My young heart wants to take care of you, to look for you when you get lost inside a crowded train, to brush the hair that you never bother to fix out of your eyes, to remind you not to tire yourself too much at work, to tell you honestly that I lied during my interview with Lee Hyori. In fact, during my captive, I worried about you.

I worried about you and the stupid baby I thought was inside me. Looking back, I realized I had loved things that never even existed in the first place...

I leaned back to drown myself in him -- his scent, his skin, and his even breathing -- and wondered about how it would feel like, be like, and seem like if I could tell him everything that was running through my mind. Chunji was right when he said silence speaks when words can't. And right now I hate it. Silence leads me to thinking, and thinking leads me back to the words I could have told him.

"I love you.”

Donghae sighed deeply before his hand could snake its way around my shoulders. "Why would you say that in the middle of an argument?" he commented, losing his lisp altogether. "I want to hear your lisp," I smiled and looked up to gaze at his deep brown eyes. "Your father hates it. You and Min Jae noona make fun of me," he pouted cutely. "Let me hear it," I pressed.

"Give me a kiss first."

I giggled at his action. "You do realize you look like a fish when you do that."

"Aish," he complained and held either sides of my face forcefully before crashing his lips against mine.

Si tan solo supiera cuanto te quiero. (If only you knew how much I love you.)

"Tharanghae," (Saranghae.) he whispered breathily against my ear.

~Thorry for the late update =)) been busy making The Chaser and The Time Keeper (I don't know how to replace the titles with links :P the new settings are killing me) but belated happy birthday to Jominhyung! ^^ and happy birthday to our angel Teukie~