Chapter 41

Dear Donghae

Chu Chu Chu - B1A4

Narrator's POV

"I'm almost near the ring," she was on the edge of her seat while her fingers tapped harshly on the console, "if I win this game, you'll have to buy me coffee." "Why are you here, anyway? Who said you were welcome in my territory? This is my empire and I am the emperor," Kyuhyun announced loudly, his face just inches away from the TV screen. "And...I WI--" Min Yu's victorious shout was interrupted when Kyuhyun pulled the plug off the socket.

She stood up with her hands on either side of her hips and her eyes burned in anger. "WHAT. DID. YOU. JUST. DO?!" she emphasized each word carefully through gritted teeth. Kyuhyun followed her act and leveled to her face. "What are you going to do about it?" he stuck his tongue out childishly. She reached down and the evil maknae, as if knowing what she was about to do, began running away.

"What about me shoving my shoe down your throat?!?" she threatened and chased after him. She cornered him in the kitchen, where Ryeowook was busy preparing their meal. Kyuhyun used his hyung as a shield from this furious girl. "YOU LOSER!" she pointed at him menacingly and pushed Ryeowook out of the way, disturbing him as he chopped vegetables. "AACK~" Kyuhyun ran to the door in lightning speed.

"What's this noise all about?" Sungmin groaned while his head popped out from his door. "MINNIE, SAVE ME!" the maknae screamed and ran to the older one. "I don't want to get involved here," he muttered and shut the door close. Kyuhyun stared at the row of closed bedroom doors, knowing there was no more escape left for him. He turned, only to see her smirking evilly.

He fell down to his knees and put his hands together, as if in prayer. "Please, don't kill me," he begged and closed his eyes tightly shut. Min Yu advanced to where he was, slowly ganging up on him with her shoe in one hand. Sweat trickled down on his face as he waited for a painful and torturous death. "Oh god, why did I even pull the plug..." he uttered in a low voice.

As she walked towards him with small steps, Min Yu took entertainment with seeing Kyuhyun as nervous as someone on death sentence. But before she could hit him hard with the footwear, a door opened. "What are you...what's happening?" out came Donghae, scrunching his eyes groggily while still in his pajamas. Kyuhyun opened his eyes at his voice and immediately darted to his newfound salvation.

Kyuhyun pushed Donghae out of the way and locked himself in the room. "Hyung, I'm forever grateful!" he shouted from inside. "What...where am I?" Donghae looked lost in the narrow corridor. Min Yu walked up to him and frowned. "He pulled the plug off when I was about to win," she whined. He puckered his lips and imitated her stance.

"Don't be sad," he ruffled her hair, "the keys are in Heechul's room."

"Thanks," her frown upturned to a smile. "Anything," he smiled and dragged his own feet to Eunhyuk's room. Min Yu dashed to the said member's room and pounded on the door harshly. "Appa," she called out. "WHAT?" Heechul opened the door almost angrily. "Where are the keys to all the rooms?" she asked breathlessly. "Here," he handed her the keys hanging by the door, "and don't bother me again or you'll be dead!"

She darted back to the hallway, and tried each of the 9 keys in her hands. "Haven't they ever heard of biometrics?!" she grumbled when try after try didn't seem to work. Finally, she shoved one key into the hole and a click was heard as she twisted it. "21st century and Super Junior is still stuck in the 1500s," she grumbled and walked through the door.

"CHO KYUHYUN-AH!" she exclaimed loudly, the shoe still on her other hand. The door banged open when she entered. Her head cocked wildly from left to right, and finally settled to the distracted Kyuhyun on the bed. Min Yu froze on her spot and waited for him to act terrified. "K-Kyuhyun?" she walked towards him. He turned around and motioned for her to inch nearer.

His eyes were fixed on something on the wall. "What are those?" she let her shoe fall to the floor with a thud and sat on the space beside him. "You look pretty even while sleeping," he commented softly and stared at the picture. "Where did you get these?" her eyes widened in horror. "YOU STALKER! Creeping up at me while I'm sleeping. You might have even poured water in my mouth while I'm asleep! You're in soooo--"

"We're in Donghae's room, remember?" he replied, interrupting her in midsentence.

"He's obsessed with you...and it's creepy," he commented, his eyes jumping from one picture to another. "Where did these come from?" Min Yu asked in utter astonishment and awe. "So...am I off the hook now?" Kyuhyun pressed with a cocky smile across his face. "Oh shut up," she hurled a pillow towards his face while her gaze was stuck on the candid snapshots.

"Can I go now? Am I dismissed?" Kyuhyun demanded as he slowly headed to the door. She gestured him to go away. "Tell Donghae to come here, please," she requested while Kyuhyun ran away from her as fast as he could. The evil maknae knocked on every door, hoping to find the one that contained his hyung. After earning many shouts of complain and doors slammed in front of his face, he finally arrived at Eunhyuk's door.

The door was unlocked and he marched in without permission. The EunHae couple were sleeping soundly next to each other, both buried under the warm, thick blanket. "Hyung..." Kyuhyun shook Donghae's shoulders slightly. "What?" he groaned in his deep morning voice with his eyes still closed. "Wake up, hyung," Kyuhyun prodded him, adding more strength to his shakes.

"Go away," Eunhyuk complained as he stirred in his sleep. "I don't care about you, hyung. Get up, Donghae~" he protested. "Why?" the older demanded softly. "She's looking for you," Kyuhyun explained, making Donghae sit up and stand like he wasn't being lazy just mere seconds ago. "Where is she?" he darted out the door swiftly. He searched for her downstairs and finally went back to his room.

"Min Yu-ssi?" he opened the door, only to see her kneeling on the bed and staring at his wall. She turned around and saw him staring back at her. Min Yu settled more comfortably in his bed and spread her arms out wide to welcome him inside. He understood the gesture and cuddled beside her. "You weren't supposed to see that, you know," he commented.

"Why not?" she felt safe and warm with his body pressed against hers. "It was supposed to be a surprise of some sort, though I don't think you'll be happy seeing different angles of your face on my wall," he played with the strands of her hair. "Surprise for what? It's not my birthday, and not yours either," she racked her brain for clues as to what occasion should be celebrated today.

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, it's the 29th of August," he counted backwards in his head.

"So?"

"It's a special day for me. Want to know why?"

"Why?" she pressed.

"Because twenty-three years ago and nine months after today, a mother gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, who would grow up to be a common cause for headache, and then somehow, mature to become a heartbreaker who makes guys cry. But right now, she's someone who's very important to me. She's very stubborn and bossy, sometimes even arrogant. But at the same time, she's sweet and caring," to which, Min Yu smiled.

"And I love it when she smiles," Donghae added and pressed his lips gently against hers.

--

Narrator's POV

"So...you're just going to play games all day?" D.O asked with a yawn. "Can we just eat or something?" Chanyeol added. "We're almost done!" Min Yu and Kai shouted at the same time. "But this is not babysitting!" Suho exclaimed at the two gamers. "YOU'RE SO NAGGY!" she commented at the EXO-K members behind her. "Why did you go to us, when EXO-M is probably having fun right now?" Sehun puffed his cheeks with air and blew.

"Get a life, you people!" Kai shouted back. "Really, Jongin? You're talking back to your hyungs like that? Why don't I call your mother and tell her how you're behaving?!?" Suho scolded. The lad in question shut his mouth and concentrated on the game, abusing the gun's trigger with his rapid fingers. "Kai, behind you," Min Yu muttered, making him blast the zombie's head off before it could diminish his life.

"Min Yu-ssi, why are you here anyway?" Baekhyun demanded. Min Yu aimed the gun at him and pretended to shoot. "Wae? You don't like me here?" she pouted, turning back to the game. "Appa told me to wander around, and then I saw Kai. Tada! We're playing House of Dead 3~" she smiled and gave Kai a high five. Without her knowing, she had been attacked by a walking corpse, deteriorating her last life.

"Yay, let's go somewhere else," D.O. cheered. "YAY?!? I JUST DIED IN THE STUPID VIDEO GAME AND YOU CELEBRATE?!" Min Yu stormed to EXO-K's singer and almost got her hands on him. "Ya, no fighting!" Baekhyun held her by the arms while Kai acted as a wall in between. "She'll kill me! She'll kill me!" D.O. clung to Chanyeol tightly. "Yeah, I'll punch a hole on your face with my fist!" she threatened angrily.

"Calm down!" Suho heaved his hand up and down Min Yu's arms, as if it would help her relax. "NO, DON'T TOUCH HER!" someone screamed from behind. "Ya, Min Yu-ssi, breathe in, breathe out," Niel ordered softly. She obliged obediently to the Teen Top member, to the surprise of the EXO-K members. She looked up and flashed him a bright smile. "Oppa, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Shopping. It's just a shame that I'm all alone. They're all resting at the dorm," he replied as-a-matter-of-factly. "Well, it's great seeing you again. Is Chunji back?" she said with a smile. She was surprised to say his name without the same, aching feeling that used to claw and gnaw at her insides. But she could still see sparks in the corners of her eye. "Yeah, he's back. So, what are you doing with them...?" he gestured to the other group.

"Oh, just hanging out. Super Junior brought me along, but they sent me away too," she explained. "Well then, I should probably go. We'll pay your sister a visit sometime," Niel began walking away while waving goodbye. Min Yu smiled to herself and trotted back to EXO. "So, where are we go--" Sehun was interrupted when a phone began ringing wildly. They exchanged glances, until she realized it was hers.

She held her hand up and walked a good few feet away. "Yoboseyo?" she answered. "YA, WHERE ARE YOU?" Donghae shouted from the other line, the volume of his voice made her cringe away from the phone. Min Yu chewed on her lower lip and remembered she never told him where she was. "In the mall--" "IN THE MALL! With whom?" he demanded loudly. "With EXO-K," she replied softly.

Min Yu could hear him breathe sharply through his nose. "I'm sorry," she muttered softly. "Let's talk later," was all he said before hanging up. She sighed and saw the unanswered messages and calls he had left without her knowing as she walked towards the still-impatient EXO-K members. "Can we go?" Sehun pressed, to which she just nodded silently. "Something wrong?" Chanyeol asked, but she shrugged and smiled at him reassuringly.

"Do you want to eat first?" Suho suggested, earning him aggressive agreements from the rest. They entered a fast-food chain unnoticed, what with their hoodies and face masks. "I WANT SIX HAPPY MEALS WITH THE TOY!" Chanyeol exclaimed loudly when he reached the counter. "To go, sir?" the cashier asked. "NO! EVERYTHING IS FOR TAKE OUT!" he shouted in response, earning him strange looks from other customers and a facepalm from D.O.

"Uhh...okay," the staff behind the desk just nodded blankly and began filling for their order. "You don't have to shout," Baekhyun scolded. "Oppa, I'll just buy something. I'll be back in a bit," she excused herself with permission from Suho. She dashed out to buy something she intended to as a peace offering. After a while, she went back just in time as the men's order were already in their hands.

--

Min Yu's POV

Dear Donghae,

The EXO-K members were having a little feast with all the food they had bought, excluding Chanyeol, who was busy playing with the toys packaged with the orders. "What are you guys going to do after this?" I asked while watching them munch on the food hungrily. I've stuck with them for the past hour and I've exhausted them so much. "We're heading to the dorm," Kai answered with his mouth full.

I hate it when you're mad at me.

"But it's only four in the afternoon," I informed. "Really?" D.O. glanced at his watch. "But yeah, we'll just mope around the house," Suho added. I nodded blankly like an idiot and told Donghae I was already back in the company building. "Do you want some?" Sehun offered and lifted his greasy hands up to my face. "No thanks," I cringed away and handed him napkins to wipe his hands clean.

I did you wrong again. It's my fault this time. And I'm sorry.

My phone vibrated in my jeans pocket and it was a text from him telling me to meet him in their practice room. "I should probably go," I stood up and gestured to where the elevators were. "Oh sure," D.O. waved goodbye. "Let's play again some other time AND without these impatient ahjummas bugging us," Kai smiled. I headed to a vacant shaft and pressed the button for the 17th floor.

I hope 'sorry' would do the trick this time.

A loud DING! was heard before the aluminum doors opened. I quickly entered their practice room and found him alone inside the huge area. He looked worn-out, his forehead matted with sweat and his chest heaving breathlessly. "Hey," I greeted and slowly inched towards him. He patted the space beside him while downing a bottle of water. "Where are the others?" I asked.

Can you smile for me? I want to see you smile the way you did on the pictures you took with me which are stuck on your wall.

"They already left. I rehearsed while waiting for you to come," he responded. I rested my head on his shoulder, but he cringed. "Don't. I haven't showered yet," he commented. "I don't care," I remained unmoving while the tension hung heavily on the air. "Are you still mad?" I pressed softly, to which, he replied with silence. "Don't be mad anymore. I'm sorry for what had happened."

I'd rather you yell at me all day than give me the cold shoulder.

"Why would you leave without telling me where you're going? Sometimes, you're so insensitive, thinking you could do anything you want, anytime, anywhere. What if you got into trouble? What if you meet an accident again? What if you got mugged? You don't think about everything that might happen to you when you're alone outside. You don't care about people getting worried sick about you," he scolded.

Stick with me a bit longer. I'm still immature.

"Should I get on my knees?" I asked, and was surprised as he instantly crashed his lips against mine. Was he still mad? He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, staring deep into my eyes. "Does that mean I'm forgiven?" I demanded. He nodded with a warm smile, and I could feel my apology being accepted. "I brought you something," I presented him with the plastic bag in my hands.

I won't disappoint you anymore.

"Wait," he made me freeze in my position. "You guys can come out now!" he exclaimed loudly. There was muffled laughter coming out from everywhere, and out came the rest of Super Junior. "What the...?" was all I could say. "That was so...I can't say anything more to describe my feelings," Siwon clutched his chest dramatically. "That was so sweet," Ryeowook burst into tears.

Kyuhyun pretended to vomit all over the place. "Ya, you're just jealous because you have no girlfriend," Sungmin commented. "WHY WAS I HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!" Heechul complained and stormed out of the room. "Where's my Lotte World ticket?" Eunhyuk stomped his feet and pouted. Donghae pinched my cheeks and put his arm around my shoulders. "What were you saying?" he asked. "S-strawberries..." I answered, still not absorbing what just happened.

P.S. I'll do better.

~A long update! ^^ check out the trailer on the foreword ☺