Good News

Dear Donghae

Way For Love - Super Junior

Narrator's POV

Min Yu drummed her fingers impatiently on the table as she looked around at the wide-open ceiling above her, like she had done so since Donghae had left for work. "What to do...what to do..." She ran her fingers over the spines of books and rows of DVDs stacked neatly by the shelf under the TV. After scratching her head and challenging herself to blink more than ten times a minute, she decided she wasn't in the mood to watch or to read.

With a soundless sigh, she shifted her focus to the tall glass of water in front of her eyes. Donghae had left it there just in case her stomach felt queasy again, as it had been for the past week. "It must have been the tteokbokki I ate with EXO yesterday," she briefly explained that day to her husband before leaning over the sink to throw up some more -- just until Donghae was convinced he had to bring her to the hospital.

She had downed the doctor-prescribed pain relievers this morning, causing the fear of endless vomiting to dissipate. Min Yu leaned closer to the glass until the tip of her nose landed on its cold surface. The moisture on the glass trickled down to her nose before the girl chugged a mouthful of water. She exhaled loudly. It was boring to be home alone.

Fumbling for her phone, she tried calling random people on her contact list, but was more saddened by the fact that everyone seemed to be busy unlike her. She didn't even dare try dialing Donghae's number, afraid she might disturb his "responsibility" as head of the house, as he so seriously put it -- and Min Yu was somewhat glad that her metaphorical sense has influenced him -- and now he talks his age.

Instead of bothering busy people, she figured it would be best to learn new things -- for example, what people over the internet think about her. So she fired up the computer and nervously typed her name on Naver. She closed her eyes and expected the worst, but it wouldn't hurt if she wasn't affected. "Calm and ignorant," Min Yu muttered to herself like a mantra. "Yes."

From various tweets and pictures of her walking along the streets to random news articles she didn't bother to read, she felt like starting her own account on each forum to explain her side -- but of course, no one would believe it's her. And when Min Yu has had a fill of herself, she typed in random names. Being his best friend, she first searched for Eunhyuk.

Min Yu only skimmed through the basic facts: Real name being Lee Hyukjae, born April 4, 1986, etc. What appealed to her the most were the "fun" facts that the fans considered. "Psh, it's not fun if you know him too well," she mumbled softly. 3. When asked who his ideal girl was, Eunhyuk said that it was Emma Watson. "Ha!" Min Yu scoffed. "Everyone is his ideal girl."

20. Eunhyuk is very shy around girls. The members said that Eunhyuk is so shy, when he is alone with a girl, he won’t hold her hand. "WHAT?!" The girl almost yelled at her computer screen. "When he's alone with me, he even hugs the life out of me and now he's too shy to hold a girl's hand?" And she shook her head disapprovingly. Whoever wrote this must have been Hyukjae himself, she thought.

She scrolled down some more. 27. Eunhyuk won’t let his wife work: “I will earn enough money, but I will also help her with household chores. I even washed the dishes in the dorm. If the ahjumma doesn’t come over during the weekends, I wash the dishes. I am a family man.” And this time, Min Yu let out a boisterous laugh. "If I know, he'll just hire a maid to do all the chores."

After a few more sites, Min Yu typed in a new name. 131. Suho is known as the 2nd Siwon. And with that she just nodded in agreement. There was no denying that Joonmyun was as gentlemanly as Siwon. 166. Many netizens said that being a rapper doesn't suit Chanyeol, because he's just too cute. With this, the girl just scrolled down as quickly as possible.

174. Besides Luhan, Baekhyun also likes to go shower with Sehun. "Yes, I knew it," Min Yu stated. "Not only Chanyeol, but Baekhyun was gay, too." 13. When Changjo was younger, he did taekwondo and jeolkwondo. His dream was to become a bodyguard. "Aish, our Choi Jonghyun is very lovely~" Min Yu declared proudly. "But now he's a soldier together with the others."

For almost half an hour more, Min Yu amused herself with all the information she had read over the internet, and she was more than excited to tell them later on. And before she could think of calling anyone, her phone rang loudly, blaring Donghae's number. "Yoboseyo?" she greeted firsthand. Min Yu was relieved someone remembered her.

"Yeobo~" It was his whiny voice. "I need your help." His tone was clearly in dire distress, but Min Yu was only intent on keeping the conversation longer. "What is it?" she pressed calmly. The man took a deep breath before replying. "I think I forgot my phone somewhere there. Can you please help me look for it? There might be unanswered important calls."

Min Yu waited for the punch line. He must be joking right? Like seriously, though, he only had one phone, and he was clearly using it. Had he grown so old and forgetful like Jongin and Yixing? "Ya," he called out to her from the other line when she didn't respond. But she wasn't going to let him off that easily. She was bored and home alone with nothing to do...

"Where did you leave it?" She interrogated, wanting him to realize it himself. "I don't know. On the bedside table, maybe?" he answered, and she could clearly picture him rubbing the back of his neck in recollection. She stifled a laugh. "Okay, where did you last hold it? Where did you last see it?" she tried once more. "After I got you some water, I was holding it in one hand even out of the car and--" Donghae stopped in midsentence. "Oh."

"Yeah," she added knowingly, massaging her temples as a headache began to form. "This is so awkward." Donghae agreed. "You’re pretty much rolling on the floor right now because of this," he assumed. She giggled, "Almost." And he joined in with a hearty chuckle. There was dead air for a while until he changed the topic. "Did the doctor call you already? I told her to check in on you and tell you what to do," he stated.

She heaved a sigh. "Not yet. But the pills kicked in. That must be a good sign. I haven't puked out my breakfast...yet," Min Yu muttered bitterly, saddened by the fact that anything she ate might cause her some more trouble. After some more reminders, he hung up, leaving her to wallow once more in isolation. Throwing her head back on the sofa's headrest, she figured it might be best to go back to sleep.

Before she could doze off, however, her phone rang once more. With her eyes closed, Min Yu reached out and felt for her ringing gadget, fumbling for it until she gave up and finally opened her eyes. "Song Mi-- I mean, Park-- No! I meant Lee, Lee Min Yu. Yoboseyo?" she breathlessly answered the call. "Hmmm, episodes of unnecessary panicking and confusion...Good morning!" The doctor greeted back at her.

"So what is it, Dr. Jin?" Min Yu lifted the glass of water up to her forehead, the coldness aiding to ease down the throbbing in her head. "Am I going to die?" she asked. "Die?" repeated the doctor before laughing. "I don't think you would ever want to die when I tell you the results," she started off slowly. "YOU'RE POSITIVE!" The doctor announced in a voice that clearly depicted her joy.

But it wasn't so with the other. Min Yu smacked her dry palm against her forehead. "I KNEW IT! I think that's the reason Donghae looked so nervous after the infertility tests. He had AIDS, and now we're even. Great. JUST GREAT," she exhaled all at once. She stalled afterwards, catching her breath from her previous outburst. "So how many months do I have until I die?"

She spoke so casually, like dying wasn't literally oblivion and eternal nothingness -- except, of course, when she floats out to what believers call the afterlife. But Min Yu shunned the fear long ago. She had known worse. "What? NO! I didn't say you were HIV positive!" exclaimed Dr. Jin, who seemed to be more surprised and shocked than she was.

"Then, what am I positive of? Except food poisoning and whatever," Min Yu sighed impatiently. "I just meant that you were one week pregnant -- until now, actually, unless you jump up and down in glee that the embryo would fall down and die," the doctor declared. "You. Are. Joking. Please tell me you are lying or if not, I will scream extremely loud," Min Yu said, gripping the arm rest of the couch tightly in one hand.

"For the record, I am NOT to be kidding people because I am a professiona--" "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH~~~~" Min Yu cut her off with an ear screeching scream, and she didn't give her enough time to cover her ears. For a few seconds, she held onto that sky-high note until felt like being ripped apart. "This is actually MUCH grander than having only a few more months to live. But still."

"And as much as I'd want to jump up and down right now, I'm glad you reminded me not to," Min Yu added. "It's my job," the doctor smiled to herself. "So anyway, come see me here anytime this week so I could prescribe some vitamins and increase the list of things you should and should not do. For now, tell Donghae, okay? And I bet you thirty thousand won he'll scream louder than you just did." And with that, the woman hung up.

For the first time, she felt the tingles that only normal thirteen-year-olds would have felt. And she hadn't until now, even after her first kiss. So Min Yu, grinning from ear to ear, dialed Heechul's number and chewed at her fingernails in anticipation. After the first ring, "Darn it, Kim Heechul, pick up," she cursed under her breath. "Yobose--" "KIM HEECHUL, I JUST DEFIED THE LAWS OF PHYSICS BY BEING PREGNANT."

There was a sound as the phone fell from his hands. But she clearly heard his loud announcement. "I AM NOW A GRANDFATHER WITHOUT EVEN HAVING A DAUGHTER!" Then more shuffling noises ensued. Siwon's just-got-out-of-bed voice followed. "So you're pregnant?!" he exclaimed, and Min Yu nodded before almost having to slap herself, realizing he couldn't see her. "Yes."

"Oh. My. Gosh. The devils are spawning. After nine months, there'll be another Min Yu and it will be the death of me," Kyuhyun muttered at the background. "Ya, don't think I can't hear you," Min Yu retorted threateningly. "What's with all this screaming?" Eunhyuk's husky voice sounded faintly, yet steadily getting clearer. "Min Yu wants to tell you something," Kyuhyun said.

There was the sound of the phone being passed on from one person to another, as was usual. "Hmm?" Hyukjae rubbed his half-open eyes. "Anchovy, I'm pregnant!" she declared excitedly. "Oh really? Okay," was Eunhyuk's only response. "Okay? That's all you're going to say?" Min Yu sounded discouraged. "Well, I mean, you two worked hard for that," he explained. "I mean, the springs under your bed might surely be worn-out by now."

Min Yu rolled her eyes. "Okay. Fair enough." And she hung up. The next people to know were her parents. And somehow, they both knew all along that sooner or later, she would break the news to them. They always do. "Have you told Donghae all about this?" Leeteuk shrieked to his phone on loudspeaker. "Have I told who?" Min Yu repeated absentmindedly.

"Your husband!" Jungsoo fought the urge to roll his eyes. "Have you told him already?" he repeated. "Eh? Do I have to?" She shrugged and blew on stray hair strands that covered her face. "Of course. You two made tha--" "Arasseo, arasseo. I get it now. Don't dwell on the process, okay?" Min Yu cut Leeteuk off in midsentence. "Fine. I'll go tell him once he gets home."

That night, the front door opened and in he came, removing his shoes and carefully placing them by the shoe rack. "I'm ho--" Donghae was cut off as she pressed her lips roughly on his. He backed her slowly against the wall, his mind already registering what was happening. He hasn't even removed the bag slung over his shoulder, but he let it fall to the ground with a thud.

The dim lighting along the hallway didn't help him one bit in controlling his urges as it added to the bright gleam in her eyes. She was impatient, and he was, too. They both knew it. That's why he wasted no time in picking her up and carrying her up the stairs, still busily lip locking, like it had hurt to pull away and breathe on their own.

Along the way, he stumbled in his haste, and his not looking at the direction nearly caused him to trip. But he managed to ascend the stairs without injuring himself and her. When they had reached the bedroom, Donghae kicked the door shut behind him, not even bothering to lock since they were the only ones in the house. He laid her gently on the bed, groaning silently as she ran a hand through his tousled hair and tugged slightly, before he leaned on his elbows, taking his shirt off.

Min Yu's POV

Out of nowhere, I chuckled softly to myself. "What's funny?" he asked curiously, combing through my hair with his fingers, which landed on the middle of my spine everytime he tried smoothing the tangles. "I just realized I haven't asked you if you have had dinner or something," I replied faintly, and his shoulders trembled slightly. "I noticed."

I looked up, facing him. "Well, have you?" To which he shook his head no. "I'm not even hungry," he added, which was assuring enough coming from him. It was silent for a while, with me breathing warmly against his bare chest. "I would just like to know," Donghae started. "Not that I didn't like it or anything -- because I liked it, actually -- but what was that about?"

Pursing my lips and burying my face on his neck, I tried to act indifferently to hide the embarrassment in my voice. "I don't know either." And my response caused him to laugh out loud. "But it's your fault for leaving me alone all day," I defended. "So, what, you were bored and decided that when I get home, you'll just attack and arouse me?!?" he asked, causing me to fluster deeply.

And his teasing laughter ensued, like I wasn't humiliated enough. But when he seemed like he had had his fill of teasing, he lifted my hand up to his lips and kissed my knuckles softly. By now, I could feel his breathing getting slower, and another thing that I forgot -- other than checking if he has eaten dinner -- was to tell him some good news.

"Donghae?" I whispered breathily against his neck. His body slightly jolted, and I would have felt guilty for waking him up if not for my significant tidings. "Hmm?" He was awake again, just not fully this time. "Have I..." I bit on my lip, hesitant. "Have I told you I'm pregnant?" My voice seemed choked up. "Good night, I love you too," he replied calmly.

I would have gotten mad if only I hadn't known him that well, that in Donghae's brain, there was some kind of ten-second delay -- the best example was for when he thought he had forgotten his phone at home. Probably it's because of his age. And so I started the countdown. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

~Credits to these sites for the facts above:

http://http://supersapphirepearls13.wordpress.com/facts-about-eunhyuk/

http://whatislovexo.blogspot.com/

http://www.gurupop.com/fanclubs/cap/80141-TEEN-TOP-s-facts