The Best Friend Quiz

Dear Donghae

All My Heart - Super Junior

Narrator's POV

Leeteuk and Min Jae stared at her, the frustration clearly gleaming in their eyes. Min Yu just shrugged them off and focused on watching television. "I'm open for any compromise on your part. I promise," Leeteuk raised his right hand up to swear. The girl just looked at him, her eyes narrowing before she shifted her focus back to the idiot box. "No."

"OH COME ON!" Leeteuk shouted -- or whined, that is. "I want to walk you down the aisle while I'm still healthy and perfectly capable to going to the bathroom by myself! And don't bring your sister here in this situation. My back will ache every few steps when it will be her turn."

"But I told you, we got married already!" defended Min Yu exasperatingly. The lady beside Leeteuk, who was an older version of the girl, rolled her eyes. "You have got to be kidding me." Min Jae laid a hand on Leeteuk's knee. "You're too old for imaginary weddings, Min Yu."

Min Yu snickered, lifting her feet up and crossing it over the center table before fishing for her phone. "This will definitely reach Donghae." And as she typed, "I am NOT to be kidding you, mom. Ask Siwon. He acted like 'Do you, Lee Donghae, take her...' yadda yadda yadda. It was funny how he knew all the words when he isn't even married yet. But ask him. He'll say the same thing."

"I won't ask him. OF COURSE he'll be on your side," Leeteuk grumbled to himself begrudgingly. He crossed his arms over his chest as he pondered on how he would be able to penetrate Min Yu's cement-like skull. Stubborn and defiant as she was, the girl shifted over to lie on the couch while snickering at something on her phone. "Donghae said he'll be here in a few minutes."

"Come on, please?" Min Jae tried pleading once again. "And you want to make us happy, right? Well, if you consider our arrangements, you won't only do that, but you'll also make us proud too. Right, Jungsoo?" She turned to Leeteuk, who wound her arm around his and nodded like a bobblehead. They have been at it ever since she stepped inside the house.

Min Yu just rolled her eyes and decided to give them a chance, at least. "For starters, though, do I have to wear a dress?"

"Yes, but--"

"And have makeup on?"

"Maybe just a lit--"

"And walk down the aisle while more than a handful of people stare at me?"

"If you want to--"

"Ani, ani." She gestured for them to dismiss the thought quickly. "I don't want." Settling more comfortably on the cushions, Min Yu focused on watching the television, aware that two pairs of eyes silently blamed each other. "You convince her." "No, YOU do it." "She cut me off!" Min Jae exclaimed through gritted teeth. "YOU do it, or else we wait for Donghae." Leeteuk crossed his arms. "We wait for him, then."

Donghae's POV

Her feet banged repeatedly on the vinyl covering as we sat side by side on the counter top. "Don't!" I hit her lightly on her knee. "Your feet will break right through it with just a few more kicks and Heechul will blame me." She stopped, but Min Yu looked the least bit interested with everything that came out of my mouth because of her preoccupation with the magazine she's reading.

Slightly trembling as she read, her lips were blatantly tempting. Like a man living in a dry desert, I can't help but to stare as if she was my lake of refreshing water. "Lookatthislookatthislookatthislookatthislookathis," Min Yu excitedly called out without stopping to take a breather. There was a sharp sting on my left forearm. "Just call for my attention, don't pinch me."

Min Yu arched her eyebrow curiously. "What are you going to do about it?" She dared, her fingers purposely nipping at my skin. I leaned forward, trying to take a peek out of her magazine. "I thought you were going to show me something?" I asked, and there was an obvious shift in her expression as she noticed that I didn't mind her teasing me.

She straightened up, tucking the other half of the magazine behind the page she wanted to concentrate on. In her sweatpants -- which I didn't know she owned, or perhaps she had just stolen from somebody else -- and plain blue shirt, she looks stunning like this. And I was sitting next to an expensive possession atop the kitchen counter. Min Yu cleared and announced in a proud voice, "The Best Friends Quiz~"

"Number one." She started off slowly. "You see your best friend crying. What do you do? a.) Ask her what's wrong and try to comfort her. b.) Leave her alone. c.) Get her to forget her problems." Waiting for my response, she faced me in agonizingly slow motion. I pretended to be deep in thought, drawing imaginary long divisions on the empty space and solving make-pretend equations. Min Yu giggled, and I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Ya, your time is up!" the girl scolded playfully. "I'll go with letter b, then." I stated confidently. She smiled smugly to herself, turning her gaze back to the article. "Second question! You go out to see your best friend. What will you wear? a.) Whatever. b.) Something casual, or c.) A see-through top with matching short shorts--" My head jerked up. "Do you REALLY want to go out of the house like that? Or do you want me to have you locked up unless you--" "Answer to number two: none of the above," Min Yu muttered to herself faintly.

I glared at her in disbelief, but she ignored me this time. "You go out with a different set of friends to a mall. Then they start talking trash about your best friend. You... a.) Defend your friend. b.) Offer another secret trivia about her, or c.) Tell your friends that she's not who they think she is." I rub the back of my neck questioningly. "You have no 'secret' trivia about yourself. I'm sure they already know whatever I'm about to say." 

Her free hand encircled around my shoulder and covered my mouth. Perhaps feeling my smile against her palm, her grip tightened. "Next question," I shoved her hand away and prodded her to continue. "Fourth one: You know that your friend's crush isn't interested in her – but she flirts when she's around him! What do you do? a.) Explain that he isn't interested. b.) Tell her not to get her hopes up. c.) Ta--"

"WHO IS THAT GUY?! How dare he not be interested in you?!" I acted furious, hoping she'll reply with a smile. On the contrary, however, her brows were knit together as she eyed the fourth question closely. "Ya, that's not part of the choices," scolded Min Yu. "Unless you answer my questions precisely, I won't know if we will be best friends forever!"

Her angered face was laughable. "Let me see that." I snatched the magazine from her as I spoke, and she gave it up freely. "'If you answered mostly A's, you're the type of friend who can be trusted to look after a family pet,'" I read aloud from a pink box located below the ten-question quiz. I rested my hand over my chin. "Why would people look for friends when they could have a veterinarian?"

"'If you answered mostly B's, you're a friend who's not a friend.'" There was a lingering question mark after my statement. "What does this mean?" I nudged Min Yu lightly with my elbow. "'The friend who’s not your friend is essentially a frenemy. Ironically, frenemies are usually the friends that are most like you.' I thought frenemies are friends who aren't even friends?!" I yelped helplessly.

I panted harshly, trying to catch my breath from my previous outrage over a teenage magazine. "Where did you get this, anyway?" I flipped through the pages, sighing out of boredom as I scanned through tips for clothing and on how to know if a guy likes you, which was ironically written by a woman. When she didn't answer after how many questions, I turned to face her. "Min Yu-ah."

It took a little more pokes to catch her attention. She seemed overtaken by a sudden gloom. "Is something wrong?" I set the magazine down on the counter and pushed myself down to the floor, landing on my own two feet. With one step, I pressed my hands on her knees. She smiled, but shook her head no. "If it's any consolation, I'll look after your pet dog if ever you get one someday."

She chuckled and wrinkled her nose. "It's not that."

"True," I agreed. "Any animal with you is in danger of dying." And it earned me a smack on the arm. Seeing my pained face, Min Yu just laughed evilly and pressed her forehead against my shoulder. Wrapping my arms around her waist, "What is it?" I mumbled softly. The girl reached up to her face and used her balled-up fist to scratch her eyes. "I don't want to wear a dress."

Min Yu whined against my trembling shoulders as I laughed. "It's not funny! You haven't seen Min Jae drag me in and out of shops in Myeongdeong!" she defended loudly. "If you want, I'll talk to her..." I offered, but she had more to say. "And she made me wear shoes THIS high!" exclaimed Min Yu, estimating the heel length with her fingers.

Brushing her hair away from her face so I could see her clearly, I could only laugh. Feeling more worried, Min Yu ran a hand through her disheveled hair. "Ani, ani. I didn't agree to this in the first place. No, no, I don't want. It was Min Jae's idea." She disagreed gravely. I beamed at her sweetly. "Silly," and I kissed her forehead softly. "I'll still marry you in your jeans, your sneakers, or whatever you want to wear."

Narrator's POV

The priest ran a hand across the center table, careful not to gain as much attention as the two persons getting married. After he has read the names of the two, the holy man slightly braced himself for an onslaught of reporters, fans, and traffic -- the usual problems faced by anyone as famous. But he judged too hastily. Drifting him away from his own shroud of thoughts, the church doors open.

The lone altar boy from behind the priest squinted his eyes to make sure that there were really five people walking down the aisle. "Jungsoo, stop crying," Min Yu teased. She wasn't smiling. "Stop laughing," scolded her mother, and the bride calmed herself down. "I didn't ask for this," Leeteuk muttered silently, not to mention thickly because of all his crying.

"Man up, Jungsoo." Chun Hae strode confidently with his head held up high. He linked his right arm around her daughter's, and his left around his wife's. All eyes were on them, and it wasn't as if it took Min Jae two weeks to convince her daughter that wearing a dress -- at her wedding day, at that -- is not a crime. It was only until Niel, who especially called from the military, informed her that he would be coming that she agreed.

It was not a long journey and even from the doors, Min Yu could clearly hear Kyuhyun cursing at his own console. Eunhyuk looked impatient as he drummed his fingers absent-mindedly against the lapel of his suit. She would have to get back at him later. But she shuffled across the church under heavy scrutiny of D.O, who perhaps brought their whole house inside his bag.

"You're alive," Donghae whispered softly as she was handed over. Min Yu could feel herself melting away under his gaze. "What's funny?" he asked curiously. She bit her lip hesitantly. "Leeteuk was crying." The girl glanced over at her groom knowingly. "What did you do?" Donghae interrogated with an accusing tone. Min Yu let out a small, faint laugh. "I wore my rubber shoes and my boxers underneath." To which Donghae stifled a laugh.

They were in front of the altar, facing the priest that looked just as nervous as them. If anyone could read minds, one would have been already crazy, gone insane from all the thoughts floating through everybody's mind at the moment. But Donghae was the most anxious. He ran his tongue across his stinging gums after he had brushed his teeth countless times, just to make sure that he'll be as prepared as ever after the 'You may kiss the bride'.

And Min Yu almost created an ocean from the forming perspiration on her palms. She had no idea it will be as nerve-wrecking as this. And the fear of sounding doubtful came across her overloading mind, but she pushed the negativity away. They both swallowed the forming lumps in their throats as the altar boy tapped the microphone a few times to check if it was functioning properly.

When it was, the priest wasted no time in starting the ceremony. Under the soft lights from overhead, the beads of sweat falling like bullets down his forehead were invisible. He nodded to himself, remembering his duty, and cleared his throat. "If anyone disapproves of this marriage, raise your right hand and speak now or forever hold your peace."

And the holy man had his heart pounding out of his chest as the men -- who consisted 90% of the guests -- raised their hands. Donghae buried his face on one hand in shame while Min Yu leaned forward to explain. "It's just EXO and Super Junior. Don't mind them, really." She shrugged, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to have nearly twenty people ganging up for an objection against their marriage.

~SHORT! T.T Mianhae :( I'll update longer next time :) follow me on twitter! @theminneulmi ♥ leave comments!