Dora The Explorer

Dear Donghae

Two As One - Lyn 

Min Yu's POV

I awoke with a start. The sunlight streamed in from the huge windows, adding more to the hammering in my head. I stood up and realized I had fallen asleep on the floor, and was glad I hadn't lied onto the shards of broken glass and the torn painting.

Last night's events resurfaced, everything clogging up in my throat and I had to swallow the lump forming.

My back arched in pain from my spot on the floor. The hard, cold ground seemed to have ten times more gravity now that I'm awake. My head spun as I tried to stand up, leaning onto the wall for support.

My eyes were sore from all the crying, blinking a few times to adjust to the well-lit surroundings. I headed towards the bathroom, clutching my stomach and leaning over the toilet to churn out and vomit all the alcohol I had consumed.

Everything came gushing out of my mouth in amazing volumes, but as expected, nothing solid came out. I hadn't eaten anything in the last 24 hours, but to my surprise, I wasn't starving.

When the vomiting episode was over, I walked towards the shower and stripped myself off of my clothes to run a quick bath. The hot water calmed my nerves and decreased the stress I had to face later on.

Where in the world could Donghae be? In a small country like South Korea, searching people was done over the internet. The old fashioned "Have you seen this person?" wasn't that effective and convenient nowadays, but I think that's what I'll do.

I wish Chunji haven't left me alone in a foreign place. I could be lost in China or in Germany, but I'll find my way back home, knowing I could speak the language fluently.

But I don't know Thai, neither do I understand, but I have to try my luck on English. And I doubt people would take me seriously. I mean, really? Look for a famous idol in a different country?

People would think I was just obsessed with him, a fan girl even, what with my frantic and hopeless search.

Can you please just show yourself to me, Donghae?

In any way you look at it, I'm the loser. What if I can't find you within the week? Then I just have to go back to Korea, tired and heartbroken. I bet I can't even meet Chunji when all I can give him in return are disapppointments.

I've spent a day just sulking over mistakes long done and bad decisions long regretted. So can you please, pretty pretty please, just show yourself to me? Please, Donghae?

Aish. I turned the water off and stepped out to dry myself. My head feels like it would explode any moment, and I mentally slapped myself for forgetting the consequences of a drunk night.

I'm still confident I could find my way back to the supermarket I had went into last night. But I already spent my Thai Baht on food. Great. Then I added another stop to my checklist: money changer.

I got dressed casually, plain white shirt with black denim jeans and running shoes. One quick glance at the window and all my hopes went down the drain.

Rain was pouring hard over Bangkok and the weather didn't seem to be helping. Plus, the pounding in my head got worse after realizing I just had to stay in again with nothing to do and no one to talk to.

I darted out the door and began trying my luck on my next door neighbors to see which one of them had even one pill of pain reliever. I knocked softly on the door and an old lady, who looked like she was from South America, opened it for me.

"Excuse me," I started in English. "Do you have any pain reliever?" I asked politely. She examined me from head to toe and stared straight into my eyes.

"Pain? Pain?" she demanded, her voice a little too high pitched for a question. It seemed like she didn't understand anything I had said. "Yeah. Pain reliever. Medicine. Or aspirin. Do you have any?" I pressed.

"No...no doctor here..." she shook her head and refused with a heavy Portuguese accent. "No, not a doctor. Medicine. Do you have any pain reliever or aspirin for headache?" I tried demostrating popping a pill in my mouth, like we were playing some stupid charades.

"Eduardo, alguém está procurando um médico!" (Eduardo, she's looking for a doctor!) she exclaimed and turned to look at the young man behind her. He seemed to be as bewildered as the old lady.

"Spanish? Do you speak Spanish?" I tried once again, and cursed the ever present language barrier. "Avo, ela fala espanhol!" (Grandmother, she speaks Spanish!) the man named Eduardo pointed to me.

The old lady's eyes brightened up and I thought she might have spoken fluent Spanish. "Tiene usted alguna medicina para el dolor de cabeza?" (Do you have any medicine for headache?) I asked, and eagerly waited for her answer.

"Ah...Dora the Explorer?" she smiled merrily at me and I fought the urge to slam their door in front of my own face.

The roof caved in and I knew there was no chance we could ever understand each other. "Obrigado," (Thanks.) I muttered and walked away. I facepalmed myself and almost cried as my headache seemed to get more irritating.

I massaged my temples and almost tripped on my own feet because of the painful hammering in my head. I stumbled upon my other neighbor and noticed that my shoelaces were untied.

I knocked on the door softly, my knuckles barely making any noise against the wooden door, and knelt down on one knee to tie the laces. The door opened but I was still busy putting one loop over the other.

"Excuse me, do you have any medicine for a headache?" I asked in English while untying the other one and made sure it was tightly knotted.

"I handed you a bottle of aspirin before I left."

Narrator's POV

She stood up and met Donghae's eyes, feeling like she could get lost in those lovely brown orbs forever. His eyebrows furrowed and he gripped at her wrists tightly, pulling her inside.

"Sit down," he ordered sternly, his morning voice deep and husky. She walked towards the small couch in the center of the room and followed obediently. Donghae paced back and forth in front of her seriously.

"What--" "Did I tell you to talk?" he asked, cutting her off. She shook her head slightly and looked down. "What are you doing here?" he asked. She didn't respond and played with her fingers instead, picking at the skin surrounding her nails and wondered why he had become so strict.

"YA! I just asked you a question!" he shouted, making her jostle from her small trance.

Donghae's hands were behind him as his feet followed the same pattern while he walked. "Ch-Chunji...H-he--" she stuttered while trying to explain. "Where is he?" Donghae pressed.

"In S-Se-Seoul," she replied and bit her lip harshly to calm herself down. "BACK IN KOREA?!" he exclaimed loudly and Min Yu almost jumped 2 meters from surprise.

She nodded in turn. "Then why don't you go back home?" he suggested. She scurried to get to her feet and almost reached the doorknob, but Donghae pulled her back to her seat.

"DID I TELL YOU TO GO?" he yelled furiously. And she grumbled unintelligible sentences during her walk of shame back to the chair. "Are you saying anything?" he cocked his ear to one side.

"A-aniyo," she pursed her lips and shook her head. Donghae wanted to laugh out loud at how cute and innocent she acted, but he had other plans. "Why were you so noisy last night?" he asked with an irritated look.

"S-so that was y-you?" she asked and flushed red in embarrassment. "Yeah. You slammed the door in front of my face. Thank me for being so sleepy and I didn't complain to the hotel management about your disturbing noise," he stated.

"Sorry," she mumbled and rubbed the back of her neck.

"What if I wasn't the one living here, huh? Then you would've been kicked out of this hotel and you'll have nowhere to go to and nowhere to stay! You're alone and you don't know your way around Bangkok, but you go ahead and get drunk late at night without some aspirin in hand!" he scolded mercilessly.

"Why are you angry?" she whispered softly. He stopped his back and forth pacing and stared at her. "BECAUSE I DON'T SPEAK THAI!" he mimicked her voice in an attempt to sound feminine.

"How dare you scream at me like that?" Min Yu stood up and glared at him. She pointed her finger menacingly at him and started pacing towards Donghae, who backed away nervously.

He didn't realize she would fight back like that, but his feet told him to be cautious. She was hungover, and it was the same as when she has her period. It was World War III.

"You ask me questions but don't let me finish my sentence?" she stepped closer, closing in on the distance. Her eyes burned in fury as she turned the situation around, making him the bad guy.

He gulped the lump in his throat and continued backing away.

"And how dare you scold me with my actions! Do you own this hotel now? Do you own Bangkok? You were the one who left me in the first place, and you didn't tell me where you were! Do you think no one back in Korea wonders where you are? Well, let me tell you, Lee Donghae, there's such thing as 'concern', and just because you don't have one doesn't mean others don't!" she snapped back.

"Why are you mad?" he muttered, breaking out in cold sweat.

"BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ASPIRIN!" she yelled so loudly that Donghae plopped down on the couch and his eyes formed wide circles.

She furiously stomped out of his room, her footsteps in rhythm with Donghae's pounding heart, threatening to break out of his chest. Why did they fight anyway? Neither of them could remember.

The door slammed shut and Donghae remained in the same position, surprised and confused. It wasn't long before there was another knock on his door.

He snapped out of his thoughts and went back to reality. He opened the door and wasn't that much surprised to see Min Yu again. "Can we run this back?" she asked with a smile on her face. He exhaled heavily and shut the door close.

Her knuckles made the same sound as it hit his wooden door. He twisted the doorknob forcefully and opened it for her. "Do you have any aspi--" she was about to ask, but he cut her off as he crashed his lips hungrily against hers.

~Sorry, I won't be able to update for the next two days :( but I hope you enjoy this chapter. Tomorrow would be the first monthsary of this fanfic, yay!!! *dances crazily by herself* thank you to all subscribers and those who wait eagerly for every update ☺ saranghae ♥