Confession

Dear Donghae

I Think I Love You - Byul

Narrator's POV

"App--" "Oh! Oh! I just met Infinite and they're awesome. I sat beside them on the plane. I didn't know we have so much in common! I liked them all, especially Sunggyu. He's the leader and I can see myself in him!" Leeteuk greeted as soon as he saw Min Yu. "Are you already eager to have another boyfriend? Because I really want you to meet Sunggyu. If you're wondering, he's the main vocalist of their group," he continued blabbering.

"But I--" "Well, for me, Sunggyu's a great guy to be with. Infinite said they already met you? But ah, I don't care. I just want you to be with Sunggyu because he's certainly like me. Oh! And you want someone older than you right? Sunggyu's, like, 8 years older. Or is that too old for you?" he cut her off in every sentence. "Appa, I--" "Why not Woohyun then? He's only 6 years older. But no, you probably won't get along. Sunggyu said he used to lie a lot. You don't like liars, right?" he ranted on.

"Leeteuk, let her say something," Min Jae butted in the father-daughter conversation. "But this is really important! The members said Woohyun was a good cook. If you become a couple, your mother and I won't have to worry about you skipping meals. And you're perfect for his ideal girl! Omo, Leeteuk you're such a great father, giving your daughter an advice about men..." he sighed and gave himself a pat on the back.

"I give up," Min Yu sighed and left her parents' house that noon. Who would want to listen to a person's endless talking? Instead of eating lunch with them as planned, she headed straight to the university with more than half an hour to spare. On the way, her mobile phone was inseparable from her ear as she dialed Donghae's number and waited for him to answer.

"Haha! Do that again, hyung. HAHAHA! Oh, why is this phone blinking? Is it on? OH! Someone's calling. Hello?" Kyuhyun answered. "Oppa, where's Donghae?" she asked, confused as to why Donghae let the evil maknae hold his phone. "He's already dead...No! He's cheating on you," he replied with an evil laugh following afterwards. "YA! Where is he? This is an emergency!" she shouted.

"EMERGENCY? Why? You just found out you were pregnant? AIG--This is definitely going to be in my diary. Daebak. Donghae hyung has great chromosomes..." he thought to himself out loud. "WHAT? NO!" she protested and facepalmed herself in annoyance. "Can you just give the phone to him?" she tried once again, and this time, Kyuhyun became a little nicer.

"Lee Donghae. Paging Lee Donghae. 2 months old, with brown hair and brown eyes. He's quite short--" he said loudly in a voice similar to the public announcements in malls.

"Ya! He's long!" Eunhyuk argued in the background. "I don't know why but I think that sounds erted..." Ryeowook muttered in a distant corner. "Donghae hyung, your girlfriend's calling you!" Kyuhyun yelled once again.

"Girlfriend? Which one?" Sungmin commented, accompanied by boisterous laughing from the others. "Is it true? You're already my girlfriend?!" Donghae exclaimed when he finally took possession of his own phone. "About that..." she paused while crossing the street intersection across the university. "WHAT? Why? Is something wrong?!" he blurted out spontaneously.

"Leeteuk is driving me nuts. I mean, he keeps on suggesting guys for me to date. AND he talks so much that I can't interrupt him," she complained, her shoulders dropping in surrender. "Do you want me to do it? All I have to do is invite him for dinner, right?" he offered. "Please? Can you? Or if it's utterly impossible for the both of us, why don't we just--" "Run away together?" he suggested. "Why don't we just tell my mother first?" she ignored his comment.

"Oh come on. You don't think eloping is a better option?" she can imagine him with a cocky smile on his face as he talked. "That's pretty stupid. We aren't teenagers here," she chuckled at his statement and walked past the security guards by the gates of the campus. "Where are you, anyway?" he asked. "Already in school," she replied, smiling at the familiar faces she passed by.

Since it was still early and classes won't start soon, she sat by an empty bench where the cool air blew refreshingly. "I'll just meet you at your house, okay?" he reminded sternly. "What if Leeteuk doesn't listen to you?" she whined. He just chuckled and wished he was with her so he could pinch her cheeks harshly. "I'll be the one to tell your mother. Don't worry, I won't tell them about you being so obsessed with me and my handsome face..." he teased.

"The call has been disconnected. Please find another person to talk to," she said in a machine-like voice. "Wait! Hello? Min Yu-ssi? Are you still there? Aish. I already paid for my phone bills and the server . Eunhyuk-ah, let me borrow your phone--" "Babo. That was just me," she cut him off in his needless panicking. "Bad," he scolded on the other line.

"Have you eaten already?" she asked worriedly. There was a long pause and she wondered what might have happened to him in that 5-second silence. "What was that? I didn't hear you," Donghae said. "I was just checking if you've already had your lunch. Have you?" she repeated, rephrasing the whole sentence. "Ah, just made my day~ Can you repeat it one more time? I just love hearing you ask me that," there was a hint of smile in his voice.

"I'm hanging up," she informed, masking the amusement in her tone. Min Yu loved making him happy unknowingly. Donghae rubbed the back of his neck as he shifted his weight from one foot to another. "Ya, hyung!" Minho exclaimed, bursting in Super Junior's practice room surprisingly. "Sssh!" Donghae flailed his arm wildly to make the SHINee member wonder on who he was talking to that was so important for him.

"Oh, alright. Sorry. But, Min Yu?" he started, nervously gnawing on his own bottom lip.

"Hmm?"

"No matter how things turn out, even though we've just seen each other last night, I just want to tell you that you mean everything to me. You don't have to say anything. I just want you to hear it. I love you. If people don't want us to be together, then I'm sure we'll work something out. If everything turns out well, then I'll fulfill all the promises I've told you before. I love you. I really do."

"Can you repeat that again for me? I just want to record it and play it over and over again."

"Forever a mood wrecker, aren't you?" he complained. "I'll save all the sweet talk for later," she smiled. "Fine. Bye," Donghae responded, but didn't really hang up. "I can still hear you breathing on the other line," she commented. "Why don't you hang up first?" he fought back. "Fine," she exasperatingly sighed. But like him, she didn't actually end the call. Seconds passed with only dead air in between the conversation.

"Donghae?" she called out.

"Ne?"

"I love you too."

Donghae's POV

"Ya, are you okay?" Eunhyuk shook my shoulders strongly. "Wha--what just happened?" I asked dreamily. "Uhh, you just fell flat on the floor. What happened? Is something wrong?" Sungmin explained. "Really? Must be crazy~" I twirled my fingers around and around above my head with a plastered smile on my face. "Have you been taking drugs or something? Or you must've been drunk," Ryeowook suggested.

"Don't mind him. He's just happy because he just finished talking to Min Yu on the phone," Kyuhyun snorted, making the others back away from me. "Aish. I thought you were about to die," Siwon muttered under his breath. "Where's my phone anyway?" I stood up and fixed my clothes. I searched around the room, only to find my handphone without the battery intact.

"Is it broken?" Eunhyuk examined it closely. "I don't care. I can buy a new one," I shooed him away and placed the battery back inside the gadget. It still worked well, to my surprise. "Annyeonghaseyo~" someone greeted and in came the leader. "I thought senior citizens aren't allowed to come here?" Kyuhyun teased, earning him a glare from Leeteuk. "Are you saying I'm old too?" Heechul placed his hands on his hips, being the same age as Teukie hyung.

We began praticing again, though not as strenuous as we used to do. After many times repeating the same steps over and over, the others grew tired. But my feet still worked its magic, what with my newfound inspiration. "BREAK!" Leeteuk announced and sat on a vacant space on the bench. I replayed the words over and over in my mind before gathering up the courage to talk to him.

I headed to the free space beside him and scooted close. He handed me a bottle of cold water, which I accepted graciously and drank half the contents. "Donghae-ssi, you and Min Yu are very close, right?" he asked. I gulped down hard. By any chance, did he have an idea of what I was about to say? "N-ne. Why?" I can't help but stammer. At least he was making my job easier.

"Do you think she needs a boyfriend?"

His question took me by surprise, and I tried my best to disguise it as interest. "I think so," I nodded in agreement. Then choose me, I wanted to add. "Really? Because I'm trying to set her up with the leader of Infinite. Do you think they'll get along well?" he continued. "Sunggyu? No, I don't think so," I declined defiantly. "Why not?" he demanded. "Well, I don't think she would ever have any interest in him," I fabricated a stupid excuse.

"But wha--" "Teukie hyung! Someone's calling for you!" Sungmin exclaimed and pulled Leeteuk towards the door. I sighed in relief. I'd have to thank Sungmin later for saving me from the grave I dug myself. I took advantage of the leader's absence to fish out my phone from my pocket and dial Min Jae noona's number frantically. How can I invite Min Yu's father to dinner if he's distracted about setting her up on a date to another guy?!

"Yoboseyo?" her mother answered. "Noona, I need your help," I almost begged. "What? Why?" she replied in a haste. Guess there was no use being soft-spoken and careful at this moment..."Min Yu and I are dating. Can we please talk about it over dinner at your house later?" I blabbered all at once. I waited eagerly and attentively for her reaction. Here goes nothing...

"You...She...Dating...Dinner...Talk...Leeteuk...Wh-what?" she asked with a hint of confusion and disbelief. "Min Yu and I are dating. Can we talk about it over dinner at your house later?" I repeated more slowly. "YOU AND MIN YU?! SERIOUSLY, DONGHAE?!" she demanded loudly. I winced as her booming voice almost shattered my eardrums.

"Please?" I tried once again.

"Sure. But tell me one more thing before you hang up," she ordered. "What is it?" I pressed. "Are you SERIOUS?" she asked again, louder this time. "Yes! Do you think I'm just kidding?" I snapped. "God, I need to tell someone about this. Sure, sure I'll make dinner and I'll prepare a stretcher for when Leeteuk faints..." she thought to herself out loud. "Noona, I'm still here," I reminded her. "Really? Oh, sorry. Bye," then she hung up.

Well that was easy.

Narrator's POV

Min Yu took a cab after classes from the university to her house. She paid for the fare and walked up the huge gates to ring the doorbell. Before her fingers could press the button, a hand stopped her. She stared at a stranger wearing a hoodie with something covering half of his face. Min Yu instinctively fished for the pepper spray in her pocket and aimed it at the bad guy's eyes.

"What? DON'T!" the man defended, "It's me! Donghae!" "Aish," she sighed and returned the weapon in her bag. "Did I scare you?" he flashed her a knowing smile. "No. You just made me want to call the police," she glared at him and rang the doorbell. "Your mom freaked out," he stated as-a-matter-of-factly. "What happened with Leeteuk?" she demanded.

"He told me I should suggest Sunggyu to date you," he replied with a frown. "That's why I never got to tell him. He couldn't stop ranting about Infinite! I mean, I don't hate them. They're close to Teen Top, and we're friends. But I won't date them...I mean, sure, Myungsoo looks way better now than when we first met..." she commented.

"I'm out of here," he spun on his heels, about to leave.

She tugged at his wrists. "Come back here," she ordered as the gates opened and they both went inside. They were both greeted at the front door by Min Jae with a knowing smile spread across her face. "You two~" she cooed, making the situation awkward for her daughter. "Gosh, please stop it mom," she complained and walked past her. "Wipe that grin off of your face, Donghae. You have explaining to do," Min Jae sternly commented.

They all sat around the dinner table, while Min Young was busily studying in her own room. "I'm glad Donghae could join us too," Leeteuk started as he rested his chin on his propped-up hands. "Stop talking like we're eating with the president," Min Yu whined. "I think you should say it right now to your father while he's still calm. Go on," Min Jae turned to her approvingly.

"What? You're now agreeing to dating Sunggyu?" Leeteuk exclaimed and stood up in excitement. "Actually hyung--" Donghae was cut off in midsentence. "So you finally convinced her? I OWE YOU TONS. You make my life as a caring, loving, concerned father much much easier. Now I don't have to worry about her being an old, single, drunkard lady alone at home in the future..." and his unstoppable mouth took the silence as opportunity.

"Dad, we're dating," she finally revealed. "You and Sunggyu?" he asked. "No! I'm dating Donghae," she protested. The three gawked over the table, waiting eagerly for his reaction. "Really?" he just asked. "Yes, it's true," Donghae confirmed and nodded convincingly. "Aren't you going to faint now or threaten me with an axe?" he added. "Why am I not surprised?" Leeteuk shrugged before plopping down on the floor, flat on his face.

~Happy 6th year ELFs~! Okay, I should've made this greeting yesterday, but I have no updates :( so here, tadaa~

            [credits to sarangahae_SUGEN for the GIFs]