Chapter 3

Dear Donghae

Hug - DBSK

Narrator's POV

"Good morning," one of her co-editors greeted Min Yu the next morning. "What have we got today?" she asked, downing what's left of her coffee in one gulp. "We just finished distribution," he answered, showing her the newly printed newspaper.

"Did my news get in?" she asked. "Chief didn't think it was important," he sighed. "And to think I missed one subject just for that sudden interview," she shook her head in disbelief and entered her office.

She was used to being rushed and pressured for a very tight deadline, and the result was garbage. And this was just the case.

Her officemate, Hyun Jae, was not around. Her child was still in the hospital, and Min Yu felt bad for her, and also felt bad for herself. Her workload was doubled again, and she won't be able to eat.

She placed her bag on her desk and looked around. Her blood boiled again because of the employees' lack of responsibility and punctuality. She walked out of the office and made her unnecessary daily rounds. If she didn't, no newspaper would be published the next day.

"Where's the interview with the president?" she announced in a loud voice. "I'm finishing it. Don't worry," one said. "The article about the newly opened restaurant in L.A.?"

"I still haven't transcribed the whole interview. It lasted for almost ten minutes," a guy answered.

"Transcribe it now. Give me an article before lunch," she ordered. "Min Yu-ssi, the chief editor informed me that he can't make it to work today. He entrusts everything to you," the secretary informed her.

"Good luck," she patted her back and left. "You heard her, people. We run a newspaper here, not a monthly magazine. Everything should be done before lunch, or else we all get fired," she watched the people hasten their job.

There were no talking, only the sound of the printer, keyboard, and footsteps could be heard. Satisfied with her team, she went back to her office to continue any unfinished work.

She was so absorbed with her work, with people coming by and handing over their articles, and with people's wrong grammar that she didn't notice the time. She sighed and went out again, only to find the writers busily chatting away with each other.

"Come on. Pick up the pace, everybody. I still have school after this," she whined. "But we've been working for 3 hours straight," someone complained. "And I'll be in front of the computer for the next 2 hours straight while editing your works, which I believe, are still not passed to me," she replied.

"Uhh, delivery for Ms. Park Min Yu?" someone announced loudly. "What? I didn't order any fo--what are you doing here?" she was surprised to see Chunji behind her. Some of the female employees, especially the new ones, walked over and asked for a picture with him.

"Get out," she ordered. "What? A single picture won't hurt, right?" Chunji defended and all the employees agreed, grabbing any chance for their work to be delayed.

"You guys, the due for your news would be before lunch. It's already eleven. If you're one hour late, say goodbye to your column tomorrow," she reminded a little angrily and stomped over to her office.

"Why is she so grumpy?" Chunji asked, taking over the workplace. "She's the overall editor for today," a contributor answered. "Oh," he said. "What brings you here, oppa?" one female employee demanded.

"I brought her food," he responded, lifting the bag of food above his head. "You should come here more often, so she won't be so bossy all the time," the secretary butted in. Everyone mumbled their agreements.

"Have you all eaten yet?" Chunji asked curiously. They all shook their heads. "You heard her. Our articles are due before lunch. If not, she'll never put our stories in the news tomorrow," one said.

"Oh. Then I should stop blabbering and let you do your work well, alright? Fighting!" he cheered them on as he entered his girlfriend's office.

Min Yu's POV

"Why are you really here? I thought you had your performance today," I muttered monotonously when Chunji got inside. "It's still in the afternoon. I only escaped from manager hyung's grasp for lunch time. I wanted to bring you food," he answered.

"I'm not hungry," I lied. Truth was, I ate nothing yesterday. No lunch, no dinner. And today, I only had coffee for breakfast. It was fortunate that I still haven't passed out. "I'll feed you. Come on, you'll die of starvation," he commented.

 I pushed his hand away, just in time for one contributor to enter. "Uhh, Min Yu-ssi? Here's my article," she said shyly. I held my hand out to receive her paper without breaking my fixed gaze on the computer monitor.

"Thanks," I mumbled quite incoherently. "H-hi Chunji oppa," she greeted him. "Hey," he smiled at her, which sent her dashing out my office. "You only went here in my office to flirt. That's great. Really really not distracting," I grumbled.

"I'm only giving your writers some motivation..." he fixed the collar of his shirt narcissistically, which only reminded me of Donghae. "So you really were flirting with her? Chunji, please get out," I pushed him away.

"I was joking, sweetheart. Please eat," he leaned closer to give her a kiss. "Oh my God, that was so...ugh. I can't describe it. What's the right word...disgusting, loathing, cheesy, stupid, maybe? Please don't let it slip from your mouth again," I groaned.

"What? Do you like it when I call you sweetheart? Come on, baby. Just eat," he pointed to the food he brought. "Now it's baby? I hate you so much," I complained, typing madly on the keyboard while scanning through pages of paperwork at the same time.

"What do you want me to call you then?" he pressed.

"Call me dude," I saw him sit on Hyun Jae's swivel chair. "Then I'd just go out and flirt with the girl who entered a while ago. She looked pretty," he thought out loud.

"Go ahead," I gestured to the door. He seemed surprised by my answer. He stood up and walked slowly towards the door. "Fine then. My girlfriend is giving me away..." he said.

"Here I am, going to flirt with the girl...because my girlfriend doesn't care anymore..." he took one step at a time, obviously waiting for me to stop him. "While you're at it, bring this food and eat it with her," I still focused on my work.

"Fine. Fine! Maybe she'll like it when I call her sweetheart," he whispered, still walking on a slow pace like a turtle. "She would, no doubt," I agreed. "Here I am...holding the door knob...going out to eat with a random girl whose name I don't even know..." "It's Mia. She's half American," I said.

"Right. Here I am...pushing the door knob...about to get out...and eat with Mia...because my girlfriend pushes me away...my girlfriend that I love so much...my girlfriend that I want to eat lunch with that's why I escaped from rehearsals...my girlfrie--Okay. Who am I kidding? I'd rather eat with you," he sat back beside me.

He kissed my cheek and proceeded to feed me while he ate. "Look, look here. Your sweetheart, Mia, just misspelled a word again," I exclaimed. "Give her a break. She's new and inexperienced," he replied. "But I never misspelled a word during my first year here," I defended. "You treat everyone like you're all at the same level," he said.

"Fine. You be the editor of 53 pages of newspaper. You're deadline is in 30 minutes and you have to finish editing today," I stood up and pointed to my computer. He didn't answer and instead held a spoon in front of me. I sat back down and put the spoon in my mouth with a sigh.

We finished eating after a while and he threw the wrappers and plastic bags away. "Don't you get bored with your job?" he asked, turning around and around while sitting on the swivel chair.

"Don't you get tired of singing and dancing and winking and signing autographs and taking pictures and dancing and singing and winking? Cause that's what you always do," I asked back.

"Well, I love what I do," he answered.

"I love what I do too," I repeated.

"When will you ever finish typing?" he asked out of boredom while hugging me from behind. "Never," I said. "Can you sleep over at my house later?" he asked like a little kid.

"No," I replied. I felt his hot exhale against my neck as he sighed.

"You're so mean and so rude. When I ask you nicely, you answer sarcastically. I try to be sweet but you push me away. You don't even thank me when I buy you food or drive you to where you want to go..." he stood up and gazed at the huge window behind me.

"Come on, Chunji. I don't have time to explain or to apologize. I have so many things to do and..." he didn't seem to be listening. I stood up and walked over to where he was. I reciprocated his act earlier and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm sorry. I just have a lot in my mind and time really isn't on my side," I rested my head against his back.

"Do you still love me? Even just one tiny bit?" he asked.

I bit my lip and for the first time, couldn't answer. Did he know what had happened last night with me and Donghae? I hope not, because I was really embarassed of what happened...

"Of course. Why would you even doubt that?" I answered. "Because you always threaten to break up with me and you always joke about it. I wonder if you even take our relationship seriously. And it's like you really want to push me away and hand me over to other girls like I'm just some sort of toy or something," he explained.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know you feel that way. But I appreciate your honesty and I swear I won't do the same mistakes again," I replied. "You talk to me like you're my manager," he chuckled and turned around to face me.

"I'd sleepover at your place tonight," I buried my face on his chest, drowning myself with his strong perfume. "You have to help me clean first. My room got ransacked by Niel because he thought I was hiding his lip balm," he said. "Sure. I'd go back to my work," I sat back down in front of my computer.

Narrator's POV

"Uhh, where is she?" Donghae grunted as he shifted from his lying position to his third one on the sofa in Min Yu's living room. He kept checking the wall clock every 5 minutes, as if the hands would move faster if he stared at it harder.

Thinking she was still in school even though it was already 5 in the afternoon, he only sent her text messages, afraid to disturb her.

She didn't reply, which made him worry more. But he pushed those negative thoughts away and proceeded to rummage in her kitchen to look for ingredients. He put together all edible things he had found and made dinner for two.

She might be hungry and tired when she comes home, he thought, and set the table, ready to eat if she arrives. She still wasn't there, so he busied himself with tidying the apartment a bit, throwing dirty clothes in the laundry basket and sweeping the floor.

Contented with his cleaning, he glanced at the clock again. It was already 6:30. Where was she? He dialed her phone number frantically and sighed in relief when it began to ring.

One...two...three rings, there was still no answer. He tried calling her again, but it ended into another fail attempt. He sighed. She's smart. She knows what she's doing, he thought, and comforted himself with the fact that she can take care of herself.

Min Yu tossed her bag carelessly to one corner, as she busied her hands ing Chunji's shirt. "Are you sure about this?" he panted in between their deep, passionate kisses.

She nodded in response and played with his hair as he began undressing her and throwing her clothes over his shoulder to some ignored space of Chunji's room. The two were careful not to make any noises, as it would sure be heard from outside and would probably scare the other members.

He laid her gently on his bed, but didn't have enough time to marvel over her beauty. She grabbed his neck and began kissing him with more force. He lay on top of her and started to feel and let his hands roam and explore every inch of her body.

Her fingers trailed from his neck to his body, going down...down...down, but never going to the part where he wants he to go. He groaned because of impatience, and because of his throbbing .

(Huhu okay another fail attempt. I can't continue. I'm so uncomfortable. So I'll leave everything to your imagination.)

Donghae's POV

I tried calling for the 7th time, but wasn't expecting any answer. I still have no idea where she was. The dinner I had prepared had gone cold. My sweat from cleaning the house had already dried off without me wiping it. "Min Yu--"

"Yoboseyo?" a guy answered. This, I knew, was Chunji. So they were together. At least she's safe. I let out a relieved sigh.

"Where is she?" I asked. "Ah hyung. She's already sleeping beside me," he answered. So they sleep together now, huh? I clenched my fists unknowingly and stifled a growl forming in my throat.

"Oh," was all I could say. "Were you two supposed to meet, or anything?" Chunji asked. "No. I was just wondering where she was." And I just wanted to boast to her how a great cook I was with the dinner I'd made, plus I wanted to stay with her tonight, I wanted to say but decided not to.

"She's with me in the dorm. Do you want to tell her anything? I'd just relay the message tomorrow when she wakes up," he offered. "No. It's fine. Sorry to disturb you. Thanks. Bye," I said and hung up. I looked at the wall clock. It was already 8. I stood up and tasted the dinner I prepared. None of it looks appealing to my taste buds now, But I popped a portion into my mouth.

I sighed. Why am I so affected with her sleeping with Chunji? He's her boyfriend, for crying out loud! And they've been together for so long, even when I was gone. And that's the point.

Chunji was there for Min Yu when I wasn't. He was there when Min Yu left me voice mails which I never answered. I gathered all the food and put it in the refrigerator. I didn't even have the right to barge in her apartment without her knowing.