Honesty

Dear Donghae

Angel - EXO-K

Narrator's POV

Day 141

The 6 red-faced members cringed at her every laugh. "Do you really have to watch all our performances and laugh at every mistake?" Chanyeol was the first to speak. Min Yu waved his statement off. "It's not my fault these kinds of compilations are on the internet," she defended, her eyes stuck on the 15-inch flat screen like paper with glue.

Baekhyun turned to D.O. accusingly. "Who wanted to have a big TV in the house, huh? And now she's using it to bully us!" And, turning to Min Yu, the singer added, "What are you doing here, anyway?" The five of them covered their heads with pillows to protect from her hits except Kai. "Oh come on. She's my playmate. Don't make her leave," defended the dancer.

"I'm all alone," she explained. "The members have gone somewhere doing some recording. Teen Top is in France. I don't know anyone else to go to." She hugged her knees close to her chest and rested her head upon it afterwards. "Where's your boyfriend, then?" Chanyeol pressed. She puffed her cheeks with air and blew. "I don't know." Kai reached out to pinch her cheeks harshly. "So cute~"

He tugged at her wrists and forced her to sit on his lap before hugging her tightly like what children do with stuffed toys. "Let go!" squealed Min Yu for help as she reached out to grasp Sehun by his shirt's collar. "Ya," scolded Suho while calming the maknae down as he choked. "Now apologize to him!" ordered the leader sternly.

"Oh come on, that's so unfair!" protested the girl. "I got suffocated too." She clutched , all the while sending deadly glares towards Kai who started it all. "Alright, alright. I'm sorry," he admitted truthfully but with an evil smirk. Min Yu, beginning to feel afraid, moved to sit beside D.O. "Aren't you guys even going to eat yet? It's almost lunch time," she rubbed her forearms with red marks from Kai's hands.

Sehun eyed her suspiciously. "Why don't you athk Donghae to eat lunch with you?" he asked with his signature lisp to match. Min Yu, realizing he was right, stood up, though looking offended. Advancing towards the door, she fumbled for the phone in her hand and dialed his number quickly. One ring. She twirled a lock of her brown hair around her finger, feeling suddenly guilty to be bothering Donghae wherever he is.

Two rings. Three rings. Four rings. She shifted her weight from one foot to another as she stood near the dorm's front door. Leeteuk just told her the address, which she directed towards the taxi driver. Finding the specified floor, Chanyeol -- who opened the door -- looked like he saw a ghost when he came face to face with her.

Min Yu sighed to herself when reaching him seemed impossible after the unanswered rings. Right when she was about to hang up, Donghae breathlessly accepted the call. "Yoboseyo?" he greeted while trying to catch his breath. She could almost feel him panting from the other line. "Did I bother you?" she asked softly, her lips pressed against the receiver.

"No. Why, what is it?" But his voice sounded distracted. "I was wondering if you could eat lunch with me," she bit down on her tongue after her statement. It was like she knew her hopes would only go down the drain, and that he was going to decline. "Please? We haven't seen each other in almost a week and I missed you," she confessed truthfully. He smiled, but scrunched his face up afterwards. "I can't leave right now. My tasks have all piled up and got out of hand. I'm sorry."

He ruffled his hair in annoyance to himself. Donghae could clearly imagine how Min Yu's disappointed face looked like as they talked. She, in turn, let out a sigh. "I'm sorry," he repeated again, knowing she won't say anything about the matter. "Sure. I'll just see you later," she muttered and hung up, leaving Donghae to wallow in remorse. And, turning to the EXO-K members, she asked, "Do you have food in here?"

All the members turned to D.O, who had his usual wide-eyed expression. "I have nothing to cook," replied the group's acting mother. "Do we even have food in the fridge?" Suho, the father, demanded. "We didn't have time to buy groceries!" D.O had his hands on either side of his hips. "Oh my god, you didn't tell me we're having a financial crisis!" Chanyeol stood up in shock. "I have to work extra hard, maybe accept small acting roles...I'd have to sell my body, or become a stripper...I just don't want to become broke!" he dramatically fell down on his knees.

It took exactly ten seconds with the atmosphere dead silent as they all tried to absorb what Chanyeol just said. "Then let's do some shopping," Baekhyun's eyes lit up at his own suggestion, ignoring the member by the floor. Everyone stood up, including Chanyeol, and got ready to go. They all rode the elevator down to the underground parking lot, and bargained who would have to go on whose car.

And then it was settled. "Hyung! Drive nektht to their lane! She defeated me with thithorth!" (Hyung! Drive next to their lane! She defeated me with scissors!) Sehun whined, his knees hitting against the back cushions of the driver seat. "Can you hurl this towards Baekhyun's face, please?" Chanyeol handed the maknae a pillow as he floored the accelerator, making Suho almost puke in nausea by the way he was driving.

Meanwhile in the other car, Min Yu almost tore Baekhyun's scalp off since his hair was the only thing she could hold onto. "COME ON! I have to get my rightful slap on Oh Sehun's hand for defeating him!" she ordered loudly over the boisterous laughter escaping Kai's mouth. Baekhyun, clearly in dire distress, clutched the steering wheel for dear life. "Jongin," he muttered in a deep chest voice. "When I die, tell my fans I kept a boxful of my selcas under my bed. Put it up for auction!" he added dramatically, as tragic as the passengers aboard the Titanic.

Kai just had more things to laugh about at his hyung's statement, and he hurriedly rolled the car windows down after noticing the vehicle next to them. "Oh! Here they are again!" he exclaimed and pointed, cringing after Sehun threw an unidentified object towards his face. "WHAT? I told you it's for Baekhyun!" Chanyeol exclaimed in terror.

Min Yu took advantage of the opportunity and let the upper half of her body out the car. As usual, D.O's eyes widened and pulled her back in, being the cautious omma he is. Instead, she only held her fist out, challenging Sehun for another round of rock-paper-scissors as they had been doing for the past six minutes since they had left the dorm and even until they had reached the nearest supermarket.

Min Yu's POV

I looked away to hide my flustered face. "Tho...doth it heal woundth or...?" (So...does it heal wounds or...?) Sehun patted my shoulder repeatedly, pressing the same question again. "Uhh, yeah," I turned to Suho for help, but he dragged the other members away to avoid the awkward situation. I purposedly grabbed the pack of sanitary napkins from Sehun's hands.

"I want to buy one. What will happen if I put it on my cutth? Why are only women allowed to use thith? Don't you think that'th thome kind of dithcrimination? We, ath men, altho want our woundth to be quickly gone too. I had thkinned my knee onthe when I wath eight and then I cried while running towardth my mother..." ("I want to buy one. What will happen if I put it on my cuts? Why are only women allowed to use this? Don't you think that's some kind of discrimination? We, as men, also want our wounds to be quickly gone too. I had skinned my knee once when I was eight and then I cried while running towards my mother...) he blabbered out all at once.  "Why are we in this section anyway? Your hyungs are already on the other shelves," I dragged him by the arm, wincing as every word he said made saliva drizzle out from his mouth.

When we had reached where the others were, I inspected everything they had chosen, or carelessly thrown, inside the shopping cart. Aigoo. It was like I was living with Super Junior members again -- in their mid-twenties, that is. I felt someone link my arm through his, and saw Kai with a cheeky smile plastered on his face. "I want chicken. Let's go buy chicken, okay?" he held his thumb up before lugging me around the place like a bag.

I practically dragged my feet towards the particular section of the supermarket especially for raw goods. Breathe in, breathe out. My facial muscles turned stiff, and Kai must have noticed, for he pointed a bucket full of chicken blood by a corner. I bit my lip down and forced my brain not to churn out what I had eaten for breakfast. "Stop it," I smacked his arm in annoyance.

He chuckled darkly and began to choose whatever looked appealing to his taste buds. My lips pursed and my eyes watered. "If you can't endure it, might as well go somewhere else," Kai leaned against the glass, right next to the part where a "PLEASE DON'T LEAN ON THE GLASS" sign is hung. "But you brought me here in the first place!" I protested and was about to add more, but he clasped his hand over my mouth before gesturing for me to leave.

"Aish. That babo," I muttered angrily under my breath. Unconsciously, my feet had a mind of its own and I ended up on shelves and shelves of dairy products kept frozen. My eyes scanned the place in close scrutiny, taking notice of how some items were days past their expiration dates. From behind, there was a loud shuffling sound as milk cartons fell by a man's feet.

He held a pink carton by his hand, and struggled to fix the mess with his other. Even a few feet away, my instincts told me he was someone I knew. And, if my assumption regarding his identity was true, then I don't know what to do next. As if on cue, I immediately fished the phone out of my pocket and pressed a number on speed dial.

Likewise, the man in question jolted in surprise as his phone rang, blaring his ringtone of his best friend having his own concert in the shower. My heart pounded in my chest at his painstakingly familiar voice. He threw a glance towards the caller ID. "How's EXO?" greeted Donghae. "Good," started my one-word responses. "Where are you?" I asked softly. Where was Kai? Where are the EXO members when I needed them?

There was a somewhat metallic taste inside my mouth, and I realized I had been chomping down on my tongue. I could hear a hint of uncertainty in his tone. "Still in the middle of doing some recordings. What about you?" he asked in return. I sighed, trying to regain composure before answering, "Look behind you." I shoved the phone back inside my pocket.

He spun around slowly. "I didn't know your recording studio was transferred here," I bit on my quivering lips. Donghae looked regretful as he advanced towards me, closing the distance. "Min Yu..." he called out almost like a plea. I rubbed the back of my neck and nodded knowingly. He froze in his tracks, his expression apologetic.

"Ya, oppa. I can't see any--" another voice came up from my left. Sun Hye was interrupted by my blank stare. She reluctantly grew uneasy and pointed to a corner. "Guess, I'll go look there..." she mumbled faintly before heading to some distance. My gaze shifted back to Donghae, and he opened his mouth as if to say something. "It's fine," I started first while my feet grew impatient at my stance.

"Let's talk, please? I'll explain," he begged. I began to walk slowly away from him. "Let's just talk later," I let my balled fists fall to my sides as I marched back towards where I came from. Unexpectedly, Kai was standing by a corner. Judging by his sympathetic reaction, I bet he has heard of everything. "Where are they?" I asked, almost inaudibly. He pointed to a small circle of men hovering over their grocery cart.

As we walked, I could feel Kai's gaze probing my entire face. "What?" I tried to force a smile, yet he didn't look convinced. "I bought chicken," he presented proudly, to which I just nodded. In a fraction of a second, his arm was already wound around my shoulder comfortingly. I would have pushed him away if it was a different situation altogether, but truthfully, it was exactly what I needed at the moment.

Narrator's POV

"BABO!" Heechul shrieked in anger as Donghae, for the thousandth time, shielded his head from hits. "ARGH! I hate you so much right now. I'm leaving!" the diva flailed his arm high up in the air to dismiss his previous anger. "I'm going up to my room and don't you dare talk to me," he shot Donghae a deadly glare, as if the younger didn't already know the troubles he has gotten himself into.

Silence consummated the whole living room when the oldest left. Donghae slouched and threw his head back to rest on the couch before burying his face in his hands. "WHAT DO I DO NOW?!" he yelped helplessly. All the while, Eunhyuk gazed at him similar to that of Heechul's, as if he wasn't guilty enough. "Hyukkie, help me," whined Donghae.

"Don't talk to me either," the other drifted his attention to the ongoing soccer match. "I don't have a cheating-on-his-girlfriend best friend!" Super Junior's dancing machine crossed his arms over his chest and sulked, as if he was the one being lied to. "For the record, I didn't cheat on her, okay?" protested Donghae as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Anything involving dishonesty is called cheating, Donghae. Trust me," sighed the experienced Eunhyuk. "But she said she was fine--" "DAMN IT, DONGHAE. Min Yu once twisted her ankle so badly. Her face was red in agony and she said she was fine," he cut him off with a stern tone. "What's wrong with you, huh? You, of all people, should know her better. Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?" Eunhyuk added before leaving.

"Aish," sighed Donghae desperately. His fists were clenched as soon as Min Yu had left, even until the moment Heechul had scurried off to his own room in irritation. Donghae himself has no idea what has gotten into him, but he couldn't bring himself to blame his busy schedule. He knew it was useless of an excuse. Eunhyuk was right. He should have known better.

He groaned in frustration and smacked his head repeatedly with a pillow. "Babo. Babo. Babo." It wasn't the time for him to cry and mourn over the trust he has broken. Donghae's free hand rummaged inside his pocket in search of his hand phone. Finally reaching for it, he dialed for her number from memory and held the phone in between his ear and his shoulder.

"Yobo--" "HAHAHAHA that's seriously...HAHAHA!" I cringed away from my phone's speaker as Min Yu's loud laughter erupted suddenly, cutting me off in midsentence. It was followed by simultaneous voices talking. "Min Yu." This, Donghae guessed, was Kai's voice. "I think your phone's on." The girl, noticing the name on her screen, seemed hesitant, but Kai urged her on.

She cleared before answering, "Hello?" There came a noticeable hint of frown in her voice. "Having fun?" Donghae muttered bitterly. "Yeah," replied Min Yu, who pushed her chair backwards and stood up, heading to a more private area. "Have you eaten already?" she checked as usual. Though he never expected her to act as if nothing just happened, his other hand clawed on the arm rest in guilt.

He blinked back tears. "Do you want to stay there until dinner or what?" interrogated Donghae softly. "Can we talk over dinner? Please?" he added somewhat involuntarily. "Sure," responded Min Yu confidently. "I love you." A warm, sincere smile was painted across her lips. Donghae wanted to slam his face against the wall until his skull cracked as a punishment for his seemingly unforgivable sin. "I love you more."

"Of course you do, babo," she bade before hanging up. The Super Junior member, with renewed strength, sat up.

Min Yu's POV

Hanging up, I advanced back to my previous spot on the dining table. Lunch has been but a mere 4 hours ago, but we remained glued to the seats since then. Kai rested his chin on my shoulder. "How was it?" he whispered against my ear. I could almost feel his breathing with his closeness. "Fine," I playfully pushed his face away, afraid to create an awkward atmosphere.

"HAHAHA...HAHA!" Baekhyun clutched his stomach as he laughed, alongside with Chanyeol. Apparently, they still can't get over the fact that Sehun was clueless as to what a sanitary napkin is used for. The maknae, wearing a long face after being made fun of, stomped his way to his room. But the teasing didn't cease, of course. "Aigoo," D.O wiped a tear of joy from his eye. "I'd have to use the bathroom."

He stood up, but the remaining four raced him to the nearest bathroom, leaving me and Kai in the same spot as before. "Why are you girls like that, saying everything is fine when you're actually fuming inside?" he closed his eyes and lifted both his feet up on the table. If D.O was here, he would have reprimanded him mercilessly.

I only chuckled as a response. "What?" he cocked his head to the left to face me. "Isn't it true? And don't tell me I don't know anything. I've had girlfriends here and there from time to time too. Believe me, that 'I'm fine' thing messes guys' heads," he smiled to himself knowingly. "Speaking of which," I jumped on the chance to divert the topic somewhere else. "Where is she?"

"Where is who?" Jongin's eyes suddenly darted open. "Your girlfriend. Don't you bring her here?" I pressed curiously. With an amused look, he set his feet back down on the ground. "Who told you I have a girlfriend? How did Super Junior say it again? y, free, and single. I'm ready to mingle~" Kai grinned widely. "Babo," I gave his arm a slight punch.

I stayed for two hours more with the group, randomly chatting about anything that came to mind. "Want me to drop you off?" he suggested. "YOU?" my eyes widened in surprise. "YOU? VOLUNTEER TO DROP ME OFF? YOU, who almost chopped Suho's head off when he asked if he could ride on your car? YOU? Really?"

He laughed and gave my shoulders a gently nudge. "You're overreacting, you know," Kai played with his car keys in front of my face. "Come now," he tugged at my forearm. We both had reached his car in no time. As he entered, he reached for the seatbelt on my right. "Psh. I can do it by myself, thank you." I stuck my tongue out at his action.

His car hit the road after some time. Kai was surprisingly quiet while he drove gracefully. I kept my gaze straight out towards the road ahead, wondering what I would have to expect when I arrive at the dorm. When I felt him looking, I turned to Kai, but he would just smile and shake his head. What's wrong with this guy?

After the 6th time he had done so, I snapped. "If you want to say something, go ahead," I urged him on. "I just want to ask you something," he finally replied. "Fire away," I let out a laugh in total amusement. "Can you be my best friend?" Kai pinched my cheek and forced me to look at him. "Yeah, sure. Why not?" I smacked his head as he left a throbbing pain in my cheek.

"Really?" his voice sounded hopeful. How old was he again? Why do I feel older? "Why oh why, Kim Jongin, do you feel so scared to ask me questions?" Now, it was my turn to ask. "And why would you ask me to be your best friend? Don't you already have 11 other guys to bother with that question?" I pressed.

"You're just fun to have around--" he tried explaining. "It's fun, but only for you. You just have to drag me around everywhere you go," I protested with a hint of accusing. "And you're adorably cute too~" his hand crept up to my face but I shoved it away. He only smirked to himself as he continued driving, weaving in and out of streets until finally maneuvering his car to park by the curb.

Dear Donghae,

I removed the seatbelt around me and unlocked the car door. "New best friend, give me a kiss~" Kai cooed, pointing to his cheek. "Just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean I shouldn't have a boyfriend...or do you want Donghae to get mad at us both?" I waved him goodbye before slamming the door shut.

Snow had slightly tamed to that of chilly breezes at night, though frozen precipitation by the ground still hadn't melted. My feet suddenly felt heavy as I walked towards the front door, behind which my dilemma of the day would resurface. Each step became a burden, but I managed throughout the fourteen-step travel.

Before my fist could land on the door, it already opened. Donghae, although solemnly, invited me inside. "Hi," I greeted merrily while waving my hand in front of his face with a smile to match. He didn't look convinced, though. But his arm encircled around my shoulders as he kissed my forehead. "Dinner's ready," he mumbled against my skin.

His hand trailed down and intertwined with mine, leading me towards the dining table. "Where are the others?" I asked, making myself comfortable on a vacant seat. He sank down on a chair next to me and maintained a grave expression. "They don't want to see me right now," Donghae admitted. I eyed the red hand mark on his cheek and caressed it with my hand. "Heechul?" I asked, to which he just nodded.

Why are you slowly turning out to be the one you promised not to be?

"Why don't you eat?" he suggested, gesturing to a steaming cup of coffee and a plate almost overflowing with food. I got myself started with a fork and began picking on random edible stuff he has prepared right in front of me. His eyes never left my face, as if waiting for the outburst, or perhaps a hint of the emotion bubbling inside me.

I cut a portion of food and aimed it in front of his mouth. "Want some?" I offered, my mouth full. His face fell. "No. Please don't," he sighed. "Stop acting like nothing's wrong. Really. I'm literally dying of guilt. Don't treat me like I'm not the one with the fault." He grabbed both my hands and held them in front of his face. "Slap me. Punch me. Just please punish me the way I deserve it."

I stared, helplessly, as he repeatedly used my hands to hurt himself. He bit his lip to prevent from complaining about the pain. " Donghae..." I heaved an exasperated sigh, pulling my own hands back and letting it fall down my sides. His cheeks were streaming with tears. "Oh come on. Shouldn't I be the one crying?" I let out a forced laugh.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm not cheating on you, nothing like that. I swear. I was busy recording, really. Please believe me on thi--" I cut him off with a kiss. Despite the fact that I want to give him the cold shoulder or maybe pay a bunch of gangsters to kick the guts out of him -- not like Super Junior can't do that fo me -- right now, my all-time-high ego wasn't the matter.

P.S. I forgive and forget -- just because I have a good heart and a terrible memory.