Good Days

Dear Donghae

Thank You For Breathing - Tablo

Narrator's POV

Day 117

"Ah jinjja~ I can't believe I'm here," exhaled Min Yu.

"Well, you have to believe now," commented Donghae. "You're already here."

She smiled and took delight of the fresh, cold air. Her heart pounded in exhilaration, the thrill of discovery. Although she doubted her sense of adventure could be of any use at this kind of weather, with her breaths turning into mere mist with every exhale. "I only have ten days," she murmured softly, her tone already disappointed at the limited quantity of time.

Min Yu looked up at the infinite stretch of horizon above her. What amazed her was not the frozen precipitation falling gently from above, landing softly on the thick layers of clothing she was wearing. It was the fact that even after traveling miles and miles, it was the same sky she sees when her eyes yonder out the window of her apartment when she wakes up in the morning; the same sky that separated her world to those of other.

"It'll be fun," said Donghae. "We'd do lots of things. It's nice and quiet at home, and it's vacation, for heaven's sake. We'll go camping somewhere, or hang out by the cliff near our house. I'll give you a tour around the town. And you won't get bored, I swear. Hyung would be there with his family. Omma would be there. I would undoubtedly be there too."

"Can you teach me how to ride a bike?" she asked, the suggestion popped up from her mind suddenly. Although with obvious hesitation, "Sure," answered Donghae. Min Yu grinned at his response. There was a feeling coming to her, and she was waiting for it. She closed her eyes involuntarily before maintaining a steady rhythm of breathing.

When she opened her eyes again, they were bright and keen.

Donghae, on the other hand, shoved both his freezing hands in his pockets. His eyes squinted as the sunlight reflected from the calm waters below them. He had dearly missed the sight of this place. It had been long, about three or four years since he last visited. He could admit, the place looked modernized and way different from before, but his memories remained the same.

"Could we possibly go swimming?" demanded Min Yu from beside him. Her question made him laugh out loud, the cold gust of air hit the back of his throat, making him shiver at the temperature. "Do you want to freeze to death?" he chuckled and grasped her free hand quickly. Despite the season, her touch made his pulses beat fast, which, in turn, made the coursing blood in his veins warm and relax every inch of his body. "Welcome to Mokpo~" he flashed her a bright smile.

~It took me two days to finish the blog up there =))))) hope you like the update ^^