Never Let Go

A Day With Miyawaki Family

This chapter was inspired by an old manga called "Hello Baby / Amachan to Boku" from their last volume. 

--

It was not a secret that Nako and Yujin are so close with each other. They close with their other sisters, but these two bond was like on another level. But who knows behind all the bonds that shared between the two was because of some painful past. It happened when Nako was seven years old and Yujin was three.

...

Today was the last week of summer vacation. Unlike Hitomi, who still doesn't have homework, Nako tried to do all her summer projects a week before school started. Today was the day where Nako gonna make her art project. With the help of her mommy, Nako do her work focusedly.

"Unnie~ Pway with Yudingg~~"

Yujin came from her room, bored. Nako has promised Yujin that she will bring Yujin to the park. But Nako forgot that she had to finished her homework first. Nako turned her head to Yujin, apologetically.

"Later, okay? Unnie had to finished this first."

Yujin pouted.

"Nako pwomise!"

Eunbi, who was in the room, came to Yujin and her hair.

"Wait for awhile okay? Mommy will help your unnie so she could finished her homework faster. Go watch tv first baby."

Yujin slumped her shoulder but followed her mother's word anyway. Now Yujin was out of the room, Nako continue her work. Suddenly, Eunbi took her homework from her hands. Nako look up at Eunbi.

"You've been working on your homework all day, baby. Go take Yujin to the park. You still have a week to finished this, don't you?"

Nako frowned.

"But mama will be mad if I didn't finished my homework."

Eunbi her hair.

"I will talk with her, don't worry. Go on, take Yujin to the park. Be home before six okay?"

Nako smile and nodded. She kissed Eunbi's cheek and went to Yujin. From the room, Eunbi could hear Yujin squealed. Eunbi smile and shook her head. 

Nako toom Yujin's hand and went to the front door. She turned her head and look at Eunbi.

"We're going now, mommy!"

Yujin stomped her feet excitedly.

"Park! Park!"

Eunbi patted Nako and Yujin's head.

"Nako, keep your eyes on Yujin okay? And Yujin, don't play far away from unnie. Be home before six, babies."

Nako and Yujin nodded. Eunbi kissed their forehead and watched them left. She turned her head when she heard Wonyoung cries.

"Coming, coming~"

--

Nako watched her baby sister playing in the sandbox. She helped Yujin build a castle together. Nako enjoyed having Yujin around, as Hitomi doesn't play with her a lot. Hitomi prefered baking with their mommy or do ballet. So having Yujin around is fun.

But lately, Yujin got attached to Nako a lot, to the point she won't let Nako play with her friends. And honestly Nako was so fed up lately. She doesn't know why but she didn't enjoy Yujin company a lot this days. But with Wonyoung around, her mommy always put Yujin on her care. Nako was the quiet type, and she love her mommy a lot, so she take care of Yujin in order to help their mommy.

Nako stand up and dust her pants. She watch Yujin playing by herself. Nako took a seat at the near bench and took a sip from her water bottle. Yujin sddenly stand up and run toward Nako. She hides her palms from Nako.

"Unnie! Wook!!!"

Yujin shows her palms. There's a dead bug that she found from the sand box. Nako grimace at the sight.

"Ewh that'sgross Yudings. Throw it away please."

Yujin, being the mischievous kid she was, shake her head and offer the bug to Nako.

"Unnie take it!"

Nako slap Yujin's hand and the bug flew. Yujin got angry.

"Unnie bad!!"

Nako bit her lips when she saw Yujin look at the bug sadly. She felt bad.

"I'm sorry, but it's dead. That's gross. Let's find another on--"

"NO!! Yuding bug!!!"

Nako tried to took Yujin to find another bugs that still alive.

"Unnie is sorry. But it's dea--"

"NO!! YUDING WANT THAT BUG!!"

Nako could feel herself get annoyed by Yujin's sudden tantrum. She put Yujin's arms harshly.

"Whatever. Go find your stupid bug. I'm going home."

Nako left Yujin. Yujin stare at Nako who walked away from the park. Yujin's lips quivered.

"Unniieee..."

Nako knew that Yujin will followed her eventually. And it confirms when she could hear Yujin's whining, calling her name. But she choose to ignores Yujin and just walk ahead. Yujin saw her sister not stopping down, so she tried to catch up with her tiny steps.

"Unniee.. Yuding is sowwy.. Pwease wait..."

Yujin tried to reached out for Nako, but Nako keep walking.

"Unniee~~"

Nako didn't once looked back. In her head, it was the way to show Yujin that she was mad. She keeps walking and crossed the road. She still could hear Yujin calling out her name but she ignores it. She could hear a little commotion at the back but she was focusing on Yujin's voice. And when she realized it, she couldn't hear Yujin's voice anymore. She turned aound and sighed.

"Urgh, she must be left behind."

But when Nako was about to walked back, she saw adults forming a circle at the commction. Suddenly, Nako could feel her heart beating.

"... What..?"

Nako walked faster and when she arrived at near the people, she tried to pushed away everyone, making a way for her. She could hear mothers was talking beside her.

"She got hit by that car."

"Yeah, it looks like she was chasing something."

"Poor kid. Did she come alone?"

Nako could feel her heart beating so fast to the point that it's gonna burst. She finally shoved people that crowding over something. Her heart fell and she couldn't speak. Yujin was laying on the road, with her head covered with blood. Nako could see Yujin's eyes were opened. And Yujin's little hand reached out to hr direction. Nako couldn't hear it, but she could read it from Yujin's mouth.

"Wait.."

--

Sakura never run this fast, not even when Eunbi was in labor. But when she got a call from panicked Eunbi, she dropped everything on her office and went straight to the hospital. She finally saw her wife who was holding their newborn, pacing back and forth. Sakura stopped herself and tried to compose herself. She took a deep breath and released it softly. Eunbi saw Sakura walked to her direction. Sakura could see how relieved Eunbi when she saw her. Sakura kissed Eunbi's forehead.

"How is it?"

Eunbi shake her head. Her lips trembled.

"I-I don't know. They haven't came out."

Sakura nodded, tried to be calm in front of her wife. She saw Nako and Hitomi sitting not far from them. As Sakura was about to walked to them, Eunbi stopped her.

"Please, don't be too harsh on her. She was.. shakened by this too."

Sakura caress her wife's arms softly.

"I know. And I won't."

Eunbi reluctantly released her grip and let Sakura go. Hitomi saw her mama came and she leaped down from the chair. She hugged her mama by her neck.

"Yujinie will be fine, right?"

Sakura nodded and kissed her head.

"She'll be fine, baby. Now go to your mommy okay?"

Hitomi nodded and went to Eunbi. Sakura plopped herself beside Nako, who flinched when she arrived.

"Hey, kid. You okay?"

Sakura wait until Nako nodded her head. Sakura patted her head. They were sitting in silence.

"It's not your fault, okay?"

Sakura heard a sniffed.

"It's Nako's fault.."

Sakura could hear Nako whimpered silently. Her heart breaks when she heard it. Sakura scooted closer and wrapped Nako in her arms.

"I.. I got angry with her ma.. I leaved.. her... She was chasing me... She.. Asked me to.. wait.. But I didn't.. Stop.."

Sakura hug tightened. She tried to hold back her tears. She felt someone squeezed her shoulder. Sakura turned her head and saw Eunbi stand beside her and tried to hold back her tears as well. Hitomi was crying because of the sight of Nako's crying while Wonyoung.. sleeping. Sakura smile at Eunbi and turned her atention back at Nako. She kissed the top of Nako's head.

"Did you get annoyed with her?"

She felt Nako nodded slowly.

"May I know why?"

Nako sniffed.

"Yujin.. gave me dead bugs.. And I throw it away.. She got mad and throwing tantrum... Nako don't like it.."

Sakura hummed and Nako's hair asher oldest daughter keep crying on her arms.

"Nako, listen. We have to be strong for Yujin, okay? We have to pra--"

The operation's room lamp was turned off, a sign that the operation was finished. Sakura kissed Nako's head and stood up, waiting for the doctor while Eunbi went to Nako's side. The operation door was opened, revealing a doctor with some nurses trailing behind them. Sakura approached the doctor.

"Kwang, how's my daughter?"

Hyewon lowered down her mask and ignored Sakura. She turned her head and saw Nako. Hyewon went to Nako and smile.

"How are you, Nako?"

Nako stare at Hyewon and wiped her tears.

"B-Bad.."

Sakura and Eunbi just listened to them talking. Hyewon crouched down and took Nako's hands. She caress them softly.

"Your little sister is a fighter. Keep praying for her, okay?"

Nako nodded. Hyewon turned her head at Hitomi.

"You too, Hiichan."

Hitomi nodded. Hyewon smile and patted her head. She stood up and smile at Eunbi before turned her body to Sakura.

"Can I speak with you?"

--

Hyewon took Sakura to the rooftop. It was restricted, but Hyewon didn't care. The two bestfriends stand by the railings, looking at the sky. Sakura took a lance at Hyewon who was looking straight. Before she could muttered a word, Hyewon beat her.

"Yujin is a fighter."

Sakura lowered her head and nodded slowly. She wait for Hyewon to continue.

"Honestly, we almost lost her twice."

Sakura's gripped the railing tightly. Hyewon saw that and patted her hand softly.

"I want you to listen very carefully and be calm okay?"

Sakura nodded.

"She's a fighter, that's for sure. She's in coma now, and I want her to be monitored for the next 24 hours."

When Hyewon felt Sakura's softened, a sign that she was listening, she continue.

"She lost too much blood, and I'm afraid her head got hit quite hard. Some of her bones on her left side got fractured but as she still a child, it wil heal faster."

Sakura nodded. She inhaled some air.

"I'm a worst mom, you know."

Hyewon turned her head.

"Why would you say that?"

Sakura exhaled a shaky breath.

"I told Nako that we have to be strong for Yujin,"

A tears finally escaped. Sakura brought her hands to her face.

"But I'm not strong enough. I'm scared, Kwang. They are my everything. What if--"

Sakura felt Hyewon squeezed her shoulder.

"Everyone is scared, I know, because I did. But please, put your faith in me. I will do everything to bring your annoying puppy back."

--

Yujin finally moved from the operation room to the ICU, as they still need to observed her. Eunbi and her daughters could only see Yujin behind the glass window. Eunbi's heart crushed when she saw Yujin's state. Wires everywhere, bandages, and her serene face while she was sleeping. She got used to see Yujin running around her.

"Aww.. Mommy.."

She looked down to see Hitomi winched in pain. She accidentally tightened her grip on Hitomi's hand.

"I'm so sorry baby."

Hitomi nodded and turn her attention back at Yujin.

"Mommy, why Yujin in there? Can we visit her?"

Eunbi glance a Nako who was looking straight at Yujin. Eunbi crouched down carefully, afraid she'll wake Wonyoung. Eunbi caress Hitomi's cheek softly.

"She's.. hurt baby. We'll have to wait until the kind nurse give us permission okay?"

Hitomi nodded and went to Nako's side. She too, looking at Yujin like Nako did. Eunbi felt like crying but she knows better crying in front of her kids will only make things worse. From th corner of her eyes, she saw a familiar figures walking fast toward her. She smile in relieved.

"Unnie, what happened?"

Her cousin, Chaewon, just came in rush with her girlfriend Minju. Chaewon turned her head to see something behind the glass window and gasped softly. She turned he attention back at Eunbi who gave her tired smile. Minju walk closer to Eunbi.

"Unnie, give Wonyoung to me. You must be tired."

Eunbi smile gratefully at the younger girl. She carefully moved Wonyoung into Minju's arms and squeezed her shoulder softly, showing her gratitude. Minju just smile in exchanged and sit down beside Nako. Chaewon still looking at Yujin when she felt Eunbi pulled her into an empty room. Eunbi closed the door.

"Unni--"

Chaewon felt Eunbi hug her and rest her head on her shoulder. She could feel wetness from her shoulder and whimpers from the older girl. She caress Eunbi's back softly and let her cry on her shoulder.

"I'm scared.. Chae... I'm so scared..."

Chaewon leaned her head into Eunbi's head on her shoulder. Chaewon could feel tears are b at the corner of her eyes.

"Shh.. Everything will be okay, unnie. Who's the doctor?"

Eunbi sniffed.

"Hyewon. She was talking with Kkura now."

Chaewon nodded. They stayed in their position for a couple of minutes until Eunbi finished crying. Eunbi lift her head and wiped her tears. She look straight at Chaewon.

"I don't know if I'm strong enough.."

Chaewon grabbed her shoulder and stare at Eunbi's eyes hardly.

"You are strong, unnie. At least be strong for your kids."

Eunbi let out a long sighed before she nodded. Chaewon help her fixed her hair before the two of them went out from the room. Sakura was already there, holding Wonyoung on her arms. Eunbi wnt straight to Sakura and hold her arms.

"How is she? What did Hyewon said to you?"

Sakura smile and used her free hand to caress Eunbi's cheek.

"She's stable, but they still need to monitor her before moving her into the patient room."

Eunbi nodded and sighed. Sakura smile tiredly.

"I'm sure you're tired and the kids must be hungry. Hyewon had prepared a room for us to eat and rest. You take the kids there. I'll wait here, okay?"

Eunbi nodded. Sakura kissed Wonyoung's forehead and gave her to Eunbi. She nodded her head to Chaewon.

"Could you and Minju help her with the kids?"

Chaewon nodded. She patted Sakura's arms before trailing behind Minju. Sakura look at them until they out of her sight before turned her attention to her puppy. She closed with her hand. She can't get used to this sight. It pained her, but she know Yujin is doing her best to survived. She brought her palms to the glass window, as if she was touching Yujin.

"Mama is here, pup. Mommy and your sisters were here."

Sakura sighed and staring softly at her daughter.

"We fight together, Yujin."

--

Nako found herself standing in a dark place. She felt a water under her feet. She look around, feeling scared.

"Mama?"

Silent.

"Mommy???"

There are no other sound except her voice. She look around in confusion. She tried to walk, trying to find a way out. And then, she heard a voice. But the voice was to small.

"Hello??"

Nako tried to follow the sound. She heard a cry. It was getting louder as she followed the cry. As it was getting louder, she could hear it was Yujin's. Nako moved her step faster.

"Yujinie??"

"Nako unnieee!"

Nako could see a silhouette. It was indeed Yujin. Sh was crying, and she was trapped in the middle of water. Yujin lift her head and saw Nako. Yujin reached out her arms.

"Unnie! Heeewp! Yuding scawed!!"

Nako tried to go to Yujin but she could feel the water around her was like holding her back.

"Wait! I need to help her! Yujinie!"

Yujin trying to reach out her tiny arms to Nako.

"Unniee! Hewpp!!"

Nako tried to splash the water around her, but suddenly, Yujin was into the water.

"NOO!! YUJINIEE!!!"

..

...

"Nako?!"

Nako opened her eyes. Her mama and mommy's face was the first one that she could see. They were hovering her, looking at her with worried expression. Nako sit up and look around.

"Mama? Mommy?"

Sakura and Eunbi look at Nako and sighed in relief. Eunbi take a sear behind Nako and carefully wiped her sweat.

"You okay kid? You sweat a lot."

Sakura asked concernedly while giving Nako a glass of water. Nako take a gulp and sighed. She had no idea she was this thirsty. Eunbi took the glass from Nako.

"I have a nightmare, mama. Yujin was in the water but when I tried to help her, she got into the water.."

Sakura and Eunbi look at each other.

"She'll be okay, right?"

Eunbi hug Nako's body that was shaking and her hair gently. Eunbi and Sakura look at each other.

"She'll be fine, baby. She'll be fine."

Sakura put her hand on Eunbi's shoulder. Eunbi was exhausted. After Sakura told her about Yujin's state, she feels like fainting. Sakura tried to hold her tight when she cried so hard. Hyewon let Eunbi and Sakura to go inside the ICU last night.

"I want you two to talk with her. She'll hear you."

That's why Eunbi and Sakura talked to Yujin all night. But in the middle of the night, Eunbi has to go out because Wonyoung cried. So Sakura spend her night talking to Yujin. Eunbi joined her at dawn and they keep talking until the nurse comes. And when they went to the room, Nako was having a nightmare. This is not easy. Sakura ruffled Nako's hair to lift up the mood.

"Go wash your face. How about having a breakfast with me and mommy?"

Sakura grinned at Nako. Nako smile and nodded. She went down from her bed and left to the bathroom. Sakura was watching at Nako when she felt someone hug her. It was Eunbi. She wrapped her arms around Eunbi.

"Thank you."

Sakura caress Eunbi's back softly.

"For what?"

Eunbi suggle closer to Sakura.

"For being so strong for us."

Sakur didn't reply. She kissed Eunbi on top of her head. They heard the bathroom door opened and saw Nako coming out. Nako stare at her parents.

"Ewh."

Eunbi laughed while Sakura rolled her eyes. But they stayed in their position. As they were about to come out, they heard commotion outside. They hurriedly went outside and saw the nurse walking faster to Yujin's room. Eunbi hold Nako in her arms while Sakura tried to find Hyewon. When she saw Hyewon running to Yujin's room, Sakura was looking at her worriedly. Hyewon saw her bestfriend.

"I will bring her back, I promise! Please pray for her okay?!"

With that, Yujin's room was closed and the glass window was also closed by the curtain. Sakura fall on her knees, looking at the door. She could hear Nako wailing behind her while Eunbi cried with her. Chaewon and Minju came with Hitomi and Wonyoung, with Yena and Yuri who just come to visit. They all saw that and rushed to the family. Nako who was crying could only look at the door hopelessly.

Yujinie..

--

"Doctor Kang, she's not responding."

It was such a mess inside. All the doctors and nurses was trying their best to bring the little girl back to her family. Hyewon look at the nurse.

"Prepared the ventilator! I'm gonna try to pumped her chest first. How's her pulse?!"

The other doctor watch the monitor.

"It's slowing down, Doc!"

Hyewon went to Yujin's side and opened her clothes. She pumped her chest rhytmically.

"Come on, pup. Come on."

Hyewon pumped her chest while keeping her eyes on the monitor.

"Come on Yujin. Help me here."

Hyewon was trying her best. She keep pumping her chest while her eyes turn back and forth toward the monitor and Yujin.

"Come on, pups. Come on. Please, everyone is waiting for you."

Pip.. Pip.. Pip...

Hyewon exhaled a deep breath. Her face was full of sweat, but it's worth it. Everyone in the room sighed in relieved. Hyewon kissed Yujin's head.

"Good job, kid."

Hyewon excuse herself to go outside. As she was opening the door, Sakura stood up immediately.

"How--"

Hyewon took off her mask and smirk.

"Someone wants to meet you guys."

Sakura teared up and hug Hyewon. She whispered 'Thank you' to her bestfriend while Hyewon just patted her back. Sakura turned her body and take Nako and Eunbi with her. Inside, they could see the nurse was cleaning up the room. They saw Yujin, with her eyes opened, looking at them and smiling behind her oxygen mask. Her little hand reaching out for them.

"Unnie.."

And Nako burst into tears. She cried so hard while walking toward Yujin. Sakura wrapped her arm around Eunbi who was crying. Nako took Yujin's little hand.

"Yuding is sowy.. No ded bugs.."

Nako cried harder. She old Yujin's hand tightly, not wanting to let go. She's afraid that if she ever let go of Yujin's hand, she'll be gone.

"Unnie is sorry too, Yujinie.."

Yujin smile. Sakura walked closer to Yujin, with Eunbi still in her arms. She look at Yujin with tears on her eyes. She caress Yujin's hair softly.

"You've worked hard, Yujin."

..

...

....

"Nako unnie~! Wait for me!"

Nako waited until Yujin stop beside her. She stretched her hand to Yujin.

"Hold my hand, and never let go okay?"

--

A/N

... Are you guys okay? Hehe

I wanted to do some back story on why Nako and Yujin become sooooooo close with each other.

I wanted to make it more meaningful BECAUSE NAKJIN IS THE CUTEST Y'ALL.

And I got inspired by the last volume of 'Akachan to Boku' because that manga was my favourite. I bawled when I read the last volume. But sadly, I couldn't find this manga online or irl anymore :(

I PROMISE I WON'T MAKE ANY SAD CHAPTER FOR THIS FAMILY AFTER THIS.

Anyway,

Enjoy~

P.S sorry for typos and grammars.