Volunteers

A Day With Miyawaki Family

--

"Mommyyy! I'm bored..."

Eunbi look at her daughters who are sprawled into the carpet. It's been five days since the lock down because of the new virus, hence there is no schoold for the kids. Yujin rolled into her stomach and give Eunbi her puppy eyes.

"Mommy can Ding play outside? Pleaaasee I won't be long.."

Nako and Hitomi lift their head and stare at Eunbi pleadingly. Eunbi sighed and took Yujin into her arms.

"You know you can't right? It's no like mommy want it too. But there's a.... bad monster out there and-"

"Then Yuding must go attack!"

Yujin stood up and ready to fetch her sword. Thankfully, Eunbi act quickly and trapped Yujin into her arms.

"No, no. You can't. This monster couldn't be seen. Remember when mama shows you guys the pepper and the soap?"

Nako and Hitomi nodded while Yujin tried to remember what was her mother referencing to because she was busy playing with the soap.

"We cannot be touched by the monster, or else you get sick. You don't want to be sick, don't you?"

The three kids shake their heads.

"But mommy, why mama still working?"

Nako raised her brow. Eunbi smile softly.

"Well, she needs to make sure her.. friends in the office was.. safe first. Tomorrow, mama will be home too with us."

Yujin's eyes sparkle.

"She will?!"

Eunbi nodded. Hitomi then went to Eunbi's side.

"But mommy, why can't we hug mama when she arrived home? We always hug her after she's working to charge her energy."

Hitomi look sadly at her laps. Yujin also pouted.

"Remember about the pepper and soap? Mama needs to take a shower first because the monster might be touching her! And you still able to charge her after she took her shower right?"

Nako patted Hitomi and Yujin's head. Eunbi smile at her daughters. Before they could continue talking, they heard the main door was opened by none other tha Sakura.

"Waaa! Wonnie what are you doing here?! Eun! Eun please take Wonnie from he- No, no Wonnie don't come near me- Babyy!!"

Eunbi rushed toward the main door and scooped Wonyoung into her arms. Wonyoung tried to break free from her mommy embrace and she was holding out her hands, asking Sakura to hold her.

"Mamaa!"

Sakura look at her pleadingly.

"Come on. now Won. Mama gonna hug you after I took a shower okay?"

It broke Sakura's heart when Wonyoung look at her dejectedly and pulled back her arms. Her eyes also looks like she was about to cry. Truthfully, Sakura has been helping Hyewon in the hospital ever since the pandemic happens. Although she was just there to help with the supplies, there was a high chance that she was exposed to the virus. And since today was her last day as a volunteer, she was tested and the result was negative. But still, she need to take a bath and sterilized first before hugging her kids.

"Go on, baby. I'll take care of her. I'm so sorry I didn't saw her."

Sakurasmile tiredly at her wife and nodded her head wordlessly. Her three kids was staring from afar.

"Poor mama. She must have wanted to hug Wonnie too."

Hitomi said sadly. Nako sighed.

"Then, let's charge mama to the fullest after she took a shower okay?"

Yujin and Hitomi look at their big sister and nodded enthustiatically.

--

"Done with your shower?"

Sakura look up from her laundry and stare at Eunbi who was standing at the door. Sakura nodded, making Eunbi walked inside the door.

"Thank you for your hard work baby."

Sakura smile at her wife. She took the laundry basket with her.

"I'm gonna wash this first okay? Are the kids at the TV room?"

Eunbi smile and nodded. 

"Yeah, they are waiting for you."

Sakura's smile went wider.

"I need to hurry then."

Eunbi then went to the TV room and witing for her wife with the kids. They've been watching cartoons, drawing, colouring, and do whatever to freed them from boredom. Nako turned off the TV when she got bored and got nothing to do left. She look at Hitomi, who was staring at the ceiling, and Yujin who was poking Wonyoung's . As in cue, Sakura came in when they got nothing to do.

"Hello family!"

The kids turn their heads to their mama before looking at each other. They nodded their heads and went to Sakura. Hitomi screams.

"Charging time!"

They all lunged at Sakura, making the poor woman falls into her , trying to hold her kids. They are all hugging Sakura, charging her. Sakura feels like melting in her daughters hugs and enjoy it to the fullest. Eunbi smile fondly at the sight and took a picture of them. 

"Welcome home mama!"

Sakura feels like there's a slump in . She hugs all her kids.

"I'm home~"

Eunbi smile and suddenly frowned. 

"Wait, what about me?!"

--

A/N

Suddenly I want to write about this. I don't know why.

Shout out to the front liners! Doctors, nurses, ER, hospital staffs, cleaners, volunteers, and whoever that I haven't mentioned! You all will always be in our prayers for your safety and your health! I'm sorry if I write this unlike what happened in real life. But! Once again, thank you. A millions of thank you might not be enough for your hard works. So everyone else, if you don't have emergency situation, or if you're still working, please stay at home!

This is random, I know. But I just feel like wanted to dedicate a chapter for our front liners. And hopefully, this little family will bring happiness to you who are staying at home!

Anyway, I also want to ask if any of you play Guild Wars 2? Please tell me if you played it in the commet or slide to my dm on Twitter @yeonier! :D

And finally, enjoy!

P.S. sorry for typos and grammars