Children's Day

A Day With Miyawaki Family

--

"Hii, how many did you bring?"

Hitomi opened her bag and shows it to Nako.

"This many. Will it be enough?"

Nako took a peak at her sister's bag before counting the items in her bag.

"I hope it would. I also bring the one that Yuding made."

Hitomi nodded and zipped her bag. She turn to Nako with a smile on her face.

"Hii want to sell a lot~"

Nako nodded and watched the usual scenery in front of her.

"Don't worry, I bring my own money it wasn't enough."

Hitomi grinned and leaned to her sister's ears.

"Hii also bring money. And Yuding also give Hii some of her saving."

Nako smile and patted her head.

"That would be enough then."

--

"Okaay~! Who wants to paint the 'Koinobori' with mama~?!"

"MEEE~!!"

Yujin and Wonyoung raised their hands excitedly. Sakura grinned and give Yujin and Wonyoung one each.

"There you go. Remember to make it pretty okay?"

Yujin and Wonyoung doesn't even listen to Sakura anymore. They already looking for a place to start the coloring. Sakura shake her head happily. But then, she realized her missing older daughters. 

"Eun, where's Nako and Hiichan?"

Eunbi, who just came wth a tray with a pitcher of orange juice, put the tray down.

"Oh, they had some festival at school and will be back before lunch I guess."

Sakura hummed and helped Eunbi serve the orange juice. The parents are taking a seat near their children and watched them painting the Koi. Sakura was pleased that her kids got to do this in Korea. Both her and Eunbi always make sure to introduce and celebrate the tradition from Japan qnd Korea to their kids. 

"It's almost noon, should I cook for lunch?"

Eunbi look up at Sakura who stands up and smile gratefuly.

"Sure baby. You can make that Teriyaki-Don of yours. They loves it."

Sakura nodded and heading to the kitchen. She checked the refrigerator for the ingredients before she start cooking. Eunbi, on the other hand, has now helped Yujin and Wonyoung for the colors. She watched how her younger kids work, before she turns her attention to her vibrating phone. She frowned when she saw Nako's teacher from the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Ah, hello Mrs. Miyawaki. How are you?"

Eunbi walk to the chair and sit.

"We're good, Mrs. Bae. Thank you for asking. Is something wrong?"

"Ah, no. We just ahd a little problem and just want to let you know. You see, our school never allowed students to selling stuff inside the school and we caught Nako and her sister, Hitomi sells their bracelet. While we are highly support oir students ideas, but they also need to know that there are regulations and rules to follow. But don't worry. I already talked to them and they understood."

Eunbi frowned. Why would Nako and Hitomi sells.. bracelet?

"Ah, I see. I'm so sorry for this Mrs. Bae, and thank you. Yes, yes.."

Eunbi then ended the call. She stare at her phone for awhile, looking for a reason on why Nako and Hitomi sells bracelet at school. It's not like she and Sakura ever talked about their financial stuffs in front of their children. And they do saving up, but it's not because of they are going to be poor or something. While Eunbi was lost in thoughts, she could faintly smells the teriyaki sauce from inside. And as she was focusing on the sauce smell, she heard tiny steps.

"Mommy, mommy! Look!!"

"Mommy wook! Wonnie nice!"

Eunbi turn her heas and smile at Yujin and Wonyoung who shows their Koi proudly. She patted their head affectionally and took the Koi with her. 

"Good job, you two! Now, go inside and wash your hands. We put this here and let them dry okay?"

Eunbi watch Yujin lead Wonyoung inside before put the Koi down and went inside the house. Just as she she went inside, Nako and Hitomi also back from their school.

"We're home!"

Eunbi smile at her older daughters and hug them both. She decided to have a talk with them after lunch.

"Go wash your hands before eat. Mama is cooking her Teriyaki-Don."

Nako and Hitomi hurriedly went to their room to put their bags and washed their hands before joining all the family in the dining table. Sakura looks pleased with how her dish turns out.

"Okay, family. Let's eat."

The kids was so happy with their favorite foods made by Mama. Sakura was extremely proud, watching her childrens enjoying her special dish. After their lunch, Sakura took Nako and Hitomi outside while Eunbi washed the dishes with the help of Yujin. After that, they joined their family outside, watching Nako and Hitomi paint their Koi while Sakura hanged Yujin's and Wonyoung's up. Eunbi was staring at her older kids. When Sakura join her and saw Yujin was husy playing woth Wonyoung, she decided to bring discuss the topic from Nako's teacher.

"So, Nako, Hii. What did you do today at school?"

Nako and Hitomi look up before continuing their painting.

"We had some competitions and also got free snacks."

Nako answer nonchalantly. Sakura smile as she helps Hitomi to choose the colors.

"Your teacher called me before."

Nako and Hitomi look at each other before looking up at their mommy while Sakura got confused.

"Why did she called you?"

Eunbi sigh.

"I'm not mad, really. I just want to know why you two sells barecelet at school."

Sakura raised her brow and turn her attention to her older kids.

"Eh, really? Why?"

Nako and Hitomi now stop painting.

"Okay, wait let me get something first."

Nako stood up and dashed inside. Sakura watched Nako before turns her head to Eunbi.

"Uh.. What's going on?"

Before Eunbi could answer, Nako was back already. She was holding something behind her back, amking Eunbi and Sakura got curious but decided to wait. Hitomi has called Yujin and Wonyoung to go to them and now, all the kids are standing in front of their parents.

"You see, today is Children's Day right? And we got our present because of Children's Day this morning. But Yujin suddenly asked us why mama didn't have special days other than her birthday. Since we buy mommy presents on Mother's Day, we haven't got you present. Thats why we decided to sell our handmade bracelet to buy you this."

Nako put the present in Sakura's hand. There's a card there that said, 'Happy Mama's Day!'. Sakura felt her eyes burning but she was embarrassed to cry in front of her kids.

"Oh, come on you guys. Don't make me cry in such a special day like this! Come here!"

Sakura engulfed her kids into her arms and kissed their heads one by one. Eunbi tried to wiped her tears secretly, touched by her kids efforts for their mama. 

"Don't worry about my special days. Every day is special enough for me to spend my days with you kids."

Sakura ruffles Nako's hair. Yujin suddenly tried to break free from Sakura's embrace.

"Mama wait here!"

Yujin ran off to the garden, making her family, especially her older sisters confused since they also had no idea what Yujin's plan. Yujin ran back to her mama, grinning as she was seen holding something.

"Mama open your palms!"

Sakura do as she was told. 

"My present!"

Yujin dropped something brown to Sakura's hand. It was just a lump of.. dirt? Soil?

"Uh.. Thank you Ding, but what is this?"

Yujin grinned cheekily.

"Bug's poop."

--

A/N

Hello, it's been awhile!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates here..

I was supposed to post this yesterday but I got stucked and couldn't concentrate. Sorry for posting this today. And thank you for my hyung @wotma8 for the idea!

I hope you enjoy this.

P.s sorry for typos and grammars

p.s.s today is my day ;)