The Time of the Year

A Day With Miyawaki Family

--

“Mommy, mommy! What are you doing??”

Eunbi tore her gaze from the item on her hands to her daughter, Yujin and Wonyoung, who were now snuggled on each of her sides. Eunbi shows them bundles of yarn with lots of colors.

“I’m knitting socks for you guys. You want the blue one, Ding?”

Yujin nodded excitedly as she was playing with the yarn.

“Bluejinie! Blujinie!!”

Wonyoung pulled Eunbi’s sleeve softly. She pouted at her mom.

“Mommy, Wonnie wants the pink one.”

Eunbi chuckled softly before she patted Wonyoung’s head. There are two socks that have been completed.

“Look, Wonnie is gonna have the pink one like mama.”

Wonyoung squealed as she took the pink and bright pink socks from Eunbi’s hand. Eunbi then turned her head, knowing full well Yujin’s eyes were on her the moment she told Wonyoung that her colors are the same as Sakura’s. She knew Yujin must be jealous.

“Nako will have this color. You have the same one with Nako.”

At the sight of sky blue yarn, Yujin’s smile widened. Satisfied, Eunbi continued with her knitting, with Yujin watching her from the side and Wonyoung started to rest her head on Eunbi’s lap.

“Mom, can I try too?”

Eunbi took the grey yarn and gave it to Yujin. She smiles softly as she remembers how Nako used to ask her this too.

“Hold on.”

Eunbi carefully moved Wonyoung’s head from her lap and went to the storage room, where she remembered Sakura put the needles for kids there. Since Nako got bored with knitting, no one used it anymore as Eunbi got busy taking care of her kids. Now she had some free time, she’s back knitting, even though it’s just socks. She went back to Yujin, who was playing with the yarn before putting the needles on Yujin’s laps.

“Here, Nako used to use this to knit as well.”

Yujin touched the needles and observed it.

“Nako unnie knit too??”

Eunbi nodded as she make herself comfortable on the sofa before carefully placed Wonyoung’s head back to her lap. She then took the unfinished socks.

“Yeap. She made a scarf for your mama back then. Want to make one too?”

The idea of giving Sakura a handmade scarf excites Yujin. She nodded excessively before she took the ball of yarn with her.

“What should I do with this, mama??”

“Brrr..”

Sakura shivered as she stepped out of her car with her sandals on. It was rare for her to not wear any socks as she hates the cold. But she couldn’t help it as she stepped on a puddle of mud water, making her shoes and socks wet.

“Urgh, damn it. It’s so cold today.”

Sakura closed the car door before she looked at her lawn that was covered with snow. Sakura sighed.

“I guess I should shove the snows tomorrow.”

She then grins when her kids' faces appear in her mind.

“Gotta make use of my mini me.”

Sakura hugged her body as she walked to her house. After making sure she locked the door, Sakura walked quietly as she went home quite late tonight. She was surprised when she found Eunbi, Yujin and Nako on the sofa.

“Hello family.”

She raised her brow when Eunbi just smiled at her, Nako turned her head briefly before she nodded her head, while Yujin didn't even turn her head. She let them be and tried to search her other kids who she was sure were going to be elated by the sight of her. Sakura first came to Yujin and Wonyoung’s room. Found no one, she went to the next room.

“Here Wonnie. Try this apple chip.”

A sight of Hitomi and Wonyoung sitting on Hitomi’s bed while sharing a snack melted her heart. She pushes the door open, before she smiles at her two angels.

“Mama!”

Sakura put her bag down before taking Hitomi and Wonyoung into her arms. She then walk to the bed, with two of her angels in her arms, before she settles on the bed with her kids.

“Have you two eaten?”

Both girls nodded before Hitomi shoved a chip into Sakura’s mouth.

“Mama, try this. Hii got this from Erina-chan!”

Sakura nodded her head, letting her know that she enjoyed the snack.

“Why are you two here? Not outside?”

Wonyoung kept feeding her with the apple chip.

“They are all knitting, so Hii don’t want to disturb them.”

“Wonnie too, Wonnie too!”

Sakura patted their head softly before she engulfed them in her embrace.

“Let’s stay like this. Mama is cold.”

Eunbi stretched her neck as she finally finished knitting. She turned her head to the side and found both her daughters had passed out. Eunbi caressed their head softly, and turned her head when she heard a door opened, revealing Sakura who just came out from Nako and Hitomi’s room.

“Hey, you.”

Sakura walked to her wife and planted a kiss on her forehead before she looked down at the kids.

“Damn, passed out?”

Eunbi chuckled as she put knitting stuff aside.

“Yeah. Help me put them to bed?”

Without saying anything, Sakura makes her way to Yujin before she holds her daughter.

“Hiichan and Wonnie are sleeping together in Hii’s bed. Should we put these two on Nako’s bed?”

Eunbi grinned at the idea as she held Nako up to her embrace.

“Yeah, there’s gonna be a snowstorm tonight. It will be warmer for them to sleep together.”

Sakura and Eunbi put Nako and Yujin on Nako’s bed before Sakura turned off the lamp and left.

“You’re back knitting again?”

Eunbi nodded and jogged to the sofa and took something. Sakura was about to take her bag and wait for Eunbi to go upstairs with her until Eunbi stopped right before her and showed her a thing that makes her smile wider.

“You knit socks for me??”

Eunbi pulled the excited wife to their bedroom. Once inside, Eunbi took Sakura’s bag as she knew her wife was too busy being excited with the knitted socks.

“This is so fluffy, Eun! Can’t wait to use this to bed!”

Eunbi chuckled at her silly wife.

“Take a shower first before you wear those.”

Sakura nodded her head excitedly before she kissed Eunbi’s forehead lovingly.

“I love you. Thank you for this!”

Eunbi watched Sakura skip her way to the bathroom. Eunbi sighed and walked around the bed to her side before she opened the drawer on her side. She bit her lips as she stared at the paper on her hand. Eunbi lost track of times when she heard Sakura’s humming behind her, getting ready for bed.

“The socks are really fluffy~ I’m gonna get a good night sleep tonight~”

Eunbi smiled at her excited baby, before joining her to the bed. Once she was settled inside the blanket and Sakura’s arms, Eunbi heard Sakura sighed in bliss.

“Ah, this year too my family is protected with warmth.. I’m a happy woman.”

Eunbi tightened her hug before she lifted herself up and took the paper beside her pillow. She gave it to Sakura wordlessly, waiting for the younger woman to read and process the letter. Sakura read each word carefully, before she lowered the letter and stared at her wife.

“You’re invited to Broadway in New York?”

--

A/N

Merry Christmas! Someone is going to New York?