Cooking Mama

A Day With Miyawaki Family

--

Nako stares at the food ingredients in front of her and then to her mama who’s been staring at it without touching them. Today, her mama promised to cook something for the family, since it’s Sunday and Nako didn’t understand how she ended up dragged here to help her mama.

“Mama, what are we making?”

Sakura finally snapped from her thoughts and looked down to her eldest daughter. She didn’t realize she was spacing out for a while.

“Oh, sorry. You are going to help me make Pizza and Carbonara! Isn’t it fun?!”

Nako scanned the ingredients before her.

“Why can’t we just order? It’s faster and guaranteed to be delicious.”

Sakura grasped her heart in a dramatic way, showing how hurt she was by Nako’s remark.

“Are you saying it’s not gonna be delicious?!”

Nako shrugged her shoulders before she took the pizza dough.

“We better make it now, though. It’s almost dinner time.”

Sakura grinned and patted Nako’s head.

“It’s okay, your mom won’t be home soon with your sisters. They are probably still baking with Minju.”

Sakura divided the ingredients for pizza and carbonara and put Nako in front of pizza’s ingredients.

“You’re in charge of the pizza. Just spread tomato sauce first and then put all the toppings you want. After you put cheese, let me know okay?”

Well, at least Nako was in charge of something simple. She remembers the last time she’s helping Sakura to cook, the older woman made Nako cry by peeling almost six potatoes. She was only three and Sakura thought it was the safest thing she could do. 

Once Nako started with her tomato sauce, Sakura took a pack of bacon as a starter. She thought it was the easier thing to do, but of course she was still struggling with that. Not to mention how the bacon kinda stuck and she had to force it a bit in order to let the bacon out. 

“Mama, can I put mushrooms on the pizza?”

Sakura took a glance at Nako who started putting all the toppings on top of the pizza. Sakura nodded her head.

“You can put whatever you want, kiddo.”

Nako hummed a song as she spread the toppings while Sakura started chopping the onion and bacon.

“I should probably cut this bacon into bite-size right? For Wonnie?”

Nako glanced at the bacon and rubbed her chin.

“But the bacon will shrink, ma.”

Sakura frowned and rested both her hands onto her hip as she stared at the bacon.

“Yeah, but what if she choked? Your mom is gonna skin me alive.”

Nako nodded her head.

“Possibly. Well,”

Nako looked up and grinned at her mom.

“It’s on you, whatever happens. So you choose. I’m busy.”

Sakura rolled her eyes as Nako started to resemble Eunbi more and more lately. Though she finds it adorable, it starts to pissed her off as Eunbi keeps rubbing it into her face literally everyday.

“Okay then, tiny size it is.”

Sakura starts chopping all ingredients she needs before tossing the onion and bacon into the frying pan. As it was about to cook, Sakura’s eyes bulged widely and frantically turned off the stove, making Nako confused and a little bit scared.

“What happened?”

“I forgot to boil the spaghetti.”

Nako just stood there, staring at her mama who tried to find a pack of spaghetti she put near her daughter. Nako sighed.

“Thank god you’re not cooking alone. Or we're gonna end up eating fried onion with bacon.”

“We’re home~!”

“Ohhh!!! Smells good!!!”

Yujin immediately kicked her shoes off and ran to the dining room. Wonyoung, who was in her mommy’s arms, struggled to be put down and ran after her sister.

“Yujin, slow down!”

Hitomi, who was the last one coming in, locked the main door with a box in her arms.

“Mommy, where should I put this?”

Eunbi patted Hitomi’s head softly, feeling thankful at least one of her daughters was more to the calm side.

“You can put that inside the fridge, baby. We're gonna try this after dinner okay?”

Hitomi nodded and carefully brought the box of something they baked into the kitchen. Sakura appears with a grin plastered on her face, still wearing an apron that says ‘Best Mommy’. It was Eunbi’s.

 “Hope you’re having fun?”

Eunbi grinned before she pecked her wife’s lips.

“We are. I thought we were gonna burn the cake, but it came out perfect.”

Sakura hummed as she pulled her wife closer and rested her face between Eunbi’s neck and shoulder. Eunbi rubbed her wife’s back softly.

“Tired?”

She felt kisses on her neck, softly, before she felt Sakura shaking her head.

“Not at all. Nako is a huge help.”

Eunbi smiles as she feels proud of her eldest daughter. As she was about to lean closer to kiss her wife, they heard screams.

“MAMAA!! THE PIZZA!!!”

Sakura’s eyes widened and rushed to the kitchen.

“NOT MY PIZZA!! I WILL SAVE IT!!!!”

What a cheerful night in Miyawaki’s household.

A/N

Inspired by Sakura's 17live yesterday fufufu

Have a good day~