Double Happiness

A Day With Miyawaki Family

--

Sakura walks past the living room after she helps Hitomi with her laptop. All kids are currently doing their school remotely at home, so Sakura has asked for permission to help Eunbi and her kids settle with all the online preparation. After she made sure both Nako and Hitomi were good enough, she left their room and found Yujin alone in the living room. Eunbi probably took Wonyoung to her room for a nap and Sakura was curious how Yujin adapted with this situation. Sakura quietly leaned to the door, watching Yujin from the back.

"Okay, students! Today, please tell me about healthy foods okay? Can I ask... Jiheonie?"

Sakura saw Yujin shaking her legs, probably impatient as she was waiting for her name to be called.

"Carrot, miss!"

"Good job! How about... Sohee?"

"Um... Tomato?"

Sakura heard clapping sounds, probably from Yujin's teacher.

"Yes! Next.. Yuna?"

"Eggs! Yuna love eggs!"

Sakura smiles at how Yujin clapped her hands as well, agreeing that eggs are delicious.

"Oh! I love eggs too. Yujinie! Can you tell us about healthy foods?"

Sakura standing straight behind Yujin, curious for her answer. Yujin excitedly stood up and pumped her arms to the sky.

"Topokki!!!!"

Sakura quickly slapped her own mouth, as she could feel laughter was about to erupt from . Sakura couldn't even hear Yujin's teacher respond about her answer as she hurriedly ran away from the scene. Eunbi, who was holding Wonyoung in her arms, caught Sakura holding with her hand. She stares at her wife weirdly.

"Why are you still here? Aren't you going to work?"

Sakura a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She wiped the tears that were about to come.

"I- Yeah, I was about too. I.. just saw something interesting. Anyway, I'm going now."

Sakura took Wonyoung from Eunbi's arms before she pampered Wonyoung with kisses.

"Happy birthday my munchkin. What do you want for your birthday?"

Wonyoung cupped Sakura's face and stared straight at her with her big, sparkled eyes.

"Wonnie wants cakes, mama!"

Sakura nodded and kissed her nose before she passed Wonyoung to Eunbi. Sakura then pecked Eunbi lips before she grinned.

"I'm gonna buy topokki for Yujin, is that okay?"

Eunbi raised her brow before she nodded.

"Sure. Don't forget to buy the one with jjajang sauce for Wonyoung and Nako."

Sakura nodded and hurriedly went to her car. She was grinning all the way to her car.

"Topokki as healthy food. God, I don't know if my daughter is a genius or a comedian in the making."

--

Yujin yawned as she stared boringly at the screen. Studying was fun, but staring at the screen isn't. She was an active kid so telling her to stay in front of the screen for an hour was of course boring for her. But as much as Yujin wanted to escape, she couldn't. Her mommy was behind her, keeping her eyes on Yujin. It was kind of Yujin's fault too, as she ran off from online class out of boredom and played with Wonyoung. Yujin pouted and stared at her teacher. But then, she caught Wonyoung's reflection from the camera. Yujin turned her head excitedly.

"Wonnie, Wonnie! Come here!!"

Wonyoung, who was about to go to Eunbi, maneuvered her way to Yujin. She let her sister pulled her closer, getting inside the frame for Yujin's online class.

"Miss! Miss! Today is my sister's birthday!!"

Yujin just interrupted her class to announce this important message. Eunbi leaped from her seat, panicked with Yujin's sudden action. But then she relaxed when she heard Yujin's teacher's excited voice.

"Ohh! How old are you, sweetheart?"

Eunbi's heart swell when she saw Yujin helped Wonyoung to show her fingers.

"Wonyoungie turns five!"

Yujin, who was beside Wonyoung, clapped her hands excitedly.

"Okay everyone. Let's sing a song for Yujin's sister, Wonyoung!"

Eunbi clapped her hands, as they heard Yujin and her classmates and her teacher sang a birthday song for Wonyoung.

What an eventful day for Wonyoung, and Yujin too.

--

"Yeah? She did that?"

Sakura held her phone between her ear and shoulder, as her hands were full with paper bags. She was on her way back to the car after she bought Wonyoung and Yujin's birthday meal.

"I was about to scold Yujin, but that kid was saved by the song."

Sakura laughs as she imagines Eunbi about to pull the poor kid's ear. She will make sure to thank Yujin's teacher someday when they meet.

"Alright, I'm on my way now. Tell Nako and Hitomi to decorate the dining room nicely for their sisters."

Sakura put her groceries to the passenger seat before she jogged to the driver seat.

"Okay, drive safely. We love you, and are waiting for the food."

Sakura drove her car slowly, as she wanted to make some time for her kids to finish the decoration. After 20 minutes driving, Sakura finally got impatient and went straight home. She parked her car, took her bag and the food, and hurriedly went inside. She was welcomed by Hitomi, who was waiting for her arrival. Sakura kissed Hitomi's head.

"Hey baby. Could you please bring this to mommy?"

Hitomi took the bags and ran to the kitchen, where Eunbi prepared the meals for her family. Sakura on the other hand, put her bag on the sofa and smiled widely at the sight of her two youngest daughters.

"Where's my birthday babies?!"

Yujin and Wonyoung turned their head and jumped toward Sakura. They tackled Sakura, who fell to the sofa and gave her kisses.

"Are you excited for your birthday tomorrow, Ding?"

Yujin squealed and buried her face to Sakura's neck.

"Yessss!!!"

Sakura turns her head to Wonyoung.

"Are you enjoying your birthday today, baby?"

Wonyoung nodded her head.

"Ding friends sing me birthday song mama!!"

Sakura turns her head and stares proudly at her daughter. Yujin grinned and high-fived with her mama.

"Come on girls. Dinner's ready."

Eunbi shows up behind the sofa, smiling fondly at the sight. Yujin jumped from the sofa and ran to the dining room. Sakura put Wonyoung in her arms and walked to the dining room with her wife, where Nako, Hitomi and Yujin awaited.

"Topokki!!!!"

"Crepesss!!!"

Yujin distributes the topokki to each plate for her family and puts the rest (and the most) topokki to her plate. Wonyoung stares at what Yujin did, and did the same with her crepes. Of course she didn't cut it by herself, but she asked Nako to cut it for her. After both kids are satisfied with the portion and finally seated, Yujin and Wonyoung look at each other before they shout each other's name at the same time.

"Happy birthday Wonnie/Ding!!"

What an adorable (and double attack for Sakura) sight for the family.

--

A/N

Happy birthday babies! I can't believe they are growing up so fast. I feel like a mother watching them grow TToTT