The Ring Finger

A Day With Miyawaki Family

--

"Chaewon unnie, can I buy this?"

Chaewon look down at Hitomi, who was showing her a ring. She took the ring.

"Hee.. another ring? You sure are your mommy's daughter."

Chaewon gave the ring back to Hitomi, who was now had another interesting story about her mommy.

"Mommy likes ring?"

Hitomi her other hand being held by none other than Minju.

"Mhm. She used to have like.. a ring each on her fingers, right? Except her ring finger?"

Minju and Hitomi turn their attention to Chaewon who nodded absent-mindedly. Hitomi then put the ring into the basket and smile brightly.

"Tell Hii more about mommy and ring!"

Chaewon look down at her.

"Well, you gotta asked her. Maybe she'll tell you some stories about it."

--

"Are you sure that's what Chaewon unnie said?"

Nako look over her shoulder to her sister, who was playing with her new ring. Hitomi nodded.

"That's what Chaewon unnie and Minju unnie told me."

Nako turn her attention back at her mommy, who was helping Yujin with her homework. She was looking at Eunbi's hands.

"But I didn't see any rings except that one in her ring finger."

Nako felt Hitomi stood beside her, joined her watching their mommy from their room.

"Maybe because it's far? Chaewon unnie said we could just ask her."

As Hitomi was about to walk to their mommy, Nako stop her.

"Wait, wait. Mommy is helping Yuding with her homework now. Yuding won't be able to finished her homework if we ask mommy now."

Hitomi pout.

"But Hii wants to know.."

Nako went to her desk and took a book from her backpack.

"We can ask her later after dinner. Let's study now so we can hear all of them tonight."

Hitomi skipped happily to her desk, excited over the story about her mommy's past.

--

"Mommy?"

Eunbi look at her right, where Nako was helping her washing the dishes after their dinner.

"Yes baby?"

Nako dried her hands with napkins and look up to her mommy.

"Can you tell us stories after this?"

Eunbi smile and nodded.

"Sure. Can you help me give Yuding and Wonnie their milk?"

Nako nodded and went to fetched milks for her sisters. Sakura has finished washing up and now enjoy her dinner while watching Hitomi play with her younger sisters. She saw Nako with two bottle of milks.

"Careful Nako."

Sakura watch Nako give the bottles carefully before joined them in the living room. Sakura continue enjoyed her meal when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Join us after you finished and washed your meals. Nako ask for a story tonight."

She felt Eunbi kissed her nape and walk away. She watched her family gathered around their mommy, and raised her hearing ability so she could listened to the stories.

"Okay, before the story, have you guys finished everything for school tomorrow?"

Nako and Hitomi nodded their head.

"Mommy, mommy! Chaewon unnie said you used to have lots of rings in your fingers. But you only have one now. Why?"

As expected of Hitomi, straight to the point. Eunbi blinked her eyes slowly before regained her composure.

"My rings huh.. How did you know about this rings story?"

Hitomi, who was laying on her stomach with her chin resting on her palms, swing her tiny feets happily.

"I bought ring with Chaewon unnie! And unnie said Hii is mommy's daughter because Hii likes ring!"

Yujin turn her head to Eunbi.

"Ding don't like rings, so Ding not mommy's daughter?"

Eunbi waved her hands hurriedly.

"No, no. You are mommy's precious daughter. You are all! Chaewon unnie means that Hiichan has the same interest as mommy."

Nako took Eunbi's hand and observed it.

"But you only has this ring now mommy. Why? Hiichan said Minju unnie told her that you used to have a ring in each of your fingers. Why?"

Before Eunbi could answer, Sakura, who was listening and hurriedly washed her dish, joined her family and put Wonyoung into her laps.

"Because that ring was reserved for me."

Eunbi rolled her eyes at Sakura's answer while her kids now turned their attention to their mama.

"So my finger also yours mama?"

Hitomi show off her right ring finger, while Nako staring at her own.

"As much as I wanted too, that's not mine. Nor mommy's. One day, when you found someone you want to spend your life with, that ring was reserved for them."

Hitomi look at her parents back and forth.

"So you gonna spent your life with mommy? Why?"

Sakura look up and staring straight at her wife, with a smile formed on her lips.

"Because I love her."

Eunbi has lost counts on how many times she lost at Sakura's orbs. And by the redness on her ears, Sakura might be feeling embarrassed saying that in front of their kids. She giggled, and decided to wife a little bit.

"If only you're a fisherman. I would have loved you more, baby."

Sakura gasped.

"Fisherman? What's that mommy?"

Yujin's eyes sparkled at the new words. Eunbi combed Yujin's wife softly.

"That's what we called a person who catch fishes."

Nako raised her brow.

"Why you want mama to be a fisherman? It's smelly."

Sakura sighed.

"Your mommy love seafood too much. You need to be thankful that I distracted her with fruits. Or else we're probably living in a ship now."

Yujin stood up.

"We gonna stay in a ship?!"

Wonyoung, who was in a brick of sleepiness, now wide awake to copy Yujin.

"Wonnie want ship!"

Eunbi was now laughing at the flustered Sakura.

"W-wait. We're not gonna stay in a ship! And it was expensive! Eun, help me!"

Eunbi shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't mind living in a ship."

Nako and Hitomi shake their heads.

"Noo! It's dangerous!"

"And smelly!"

Sakura felt like crying now.

"We're not gonna stay in a ship! You know what, I'm gonna go ahead and rest my head. My head hurts."

Eunbi giggled at her wife, who took Wonyoung with her. Eunbi felt someone nudge her sleeves. It was Yujin.

"So, does mommy loves mama a lot too?"

Eunbi smile softly.

"Momy loves mama too much."

She then look at Hitomi and Nako, and show off her ring finger.

"That's why now I'm just wearing this one. Because I have protected this finger for someone who I want to spend my life with. And I hope you guys do the same too, okay?"

Nako nodded her head while Hitomi took off the ring on her ring finger before putting it in another finger. Yujin climbed to Eunbi's laps and leaned over to Eunbi's ears.

"I'm gonna protect my ring finger for Minju unnie!"

Eunbi laughed.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but Minju gonna have a ring on her ring finger soon."

Yujin pouted before she turned her head, watching her sisters.

"Then, Ding gonna protect this for mama, mommy, Nako unnie, Hiichan, and Wonnie! Because Ding loves family!"

Eunbi nuzzled her nose to Yujin's cheecks. Feeling contented with her words.

"Don't grow up too fast, my puppy."

--

A/N

I am sorry for the sudden notice I put yesterday, and I feel extremely bad.

Once again, I'm sorry.

 

This was actually inspired by Eunbi's interview on NOW Radio. I had finished this for some time but don't remember why I haven't posted this lol

I hope you like this!

P.S sorry for typos and grammars