Returning

Phoenix Sisters

The update all of you have been waiting for. :D Enjoy.

*No edits or revision done.*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is a saying: "Time heals all wounds."

But to Jessica, Tiffany and Krystal, time had no effect on the internal wounds they have acquired since they heard the news. 

*Flashback*

"Where is Taeyeon and them?" Tiffany asked, referring to her lover as well as Sooyoung and Amber. The family have just arrived home from the hospital. It has been 2 days since the last time JeTiKrys has seen TaeSooBer in their dream. Yes, they were told that it was only a dream. At first, they were concerned but then their fathers assured them that TaeSooBer will come meet them after their discharge.

"Dad. Didn't you say that Sooyoung and her sisters will meet us here at the house?"

Mr. Jung didn't answer Krystal and Mrs. Jung quickly walked over to Krystal's side and wrapped an arm around her comfortingly. "Honey. There's something that all of you need to know."

Jessica chuckled at the serious expressions of the parents after her phone down. She had been trying to call Sooyoung, only to hear the voicemail. "Why are you guys so serious?"

Mr. Jung and Mr. Hwang left the living room and left the girls together. This action only confused JeTiKrys further. What was going on? Did their parents get in a fight?

"Umma. Is everything alright between you and appa?"

"Tiffany-honey. Don't worry. There's nothing wrong between us." Her step-mom answered lovingly and Tiffany's hair affectionately. Tiffany smiled and scanned the living room looking for someone. 

"Strange. Where's the brat? Doesn't she know I will be home today?"

"Hana and Bling-Bling will be back later.  They are at an animal fair with Chauffeur Ham."

"Oh no. We promised her we will go with her." Jessica said with a frown and regretful tone. "Guess we will have to make it up to her."

Krystal nodded her head and smiled. "We sure will. So what is that you have to tell us?" Krystal asked with an encouraging smile, joined by Tiffany and Jessica. 

Mrs.Jung and Mrs.Hwang exchanged worried glances before Mrs. Hwang spoke.

"Whatever we tell you, promise that you guys will stay calm and not act rash. That is the last thing we want after almost losing all of you." 

"Mom. What is wrong?" Tiffany released a nervous chuckle upon her mother's grim tone and the two mother's somber expression. 

"Both of you are acting strange." Krystal observed. "What's wrong?"

Mrs.Hwang sighed before looking at the three heiresses intently with a hint of remorse. "Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber...they won't be coming back. So don't wait for them."

"What?" Krystal laughed at her aunt's remark and shook her head. "That's absurd. Is this some kind of 'welcome home' prank?"

"Krystal. This is no joke." Mrs. Jung stated, placing a hand over Krystal's. "They won't be coming back."

"I don't understand." Jessica added, with a tinge of nervousness. "Why are you guys telling us some absurd things?"

"That's right. Taeyeon-I mean, none of them would just leave us." 

"Tiffany.Jessica. Krystal. We almost lost all of you because of them."

"No!! That's not their fault. It was because of Yoona and-"

"Yes. We know it was Yoona and her sisters who pulled the trigger but if it wasn't for Taeyeon and her sisters, none of it would have happened." Mrs.Jung intervened, earning a moment of silence from JeTiKrys. 

"They were responsible for involving all of you in their ordeal and-"

"That's not true!!" Jessica reasoned. "We willingly wanted to help them. They wanted to leave us but we wouldn't allow it! It's not their-"

"Enough!"

"Mom! Unnie is telling the truth. We knew about the danger but we chose to stay by their side. They have countlessly tried to get us to leave them but we refused."

"That does not change the fact all of you almost died because of their affiliation with Yoona and the others. They told us everything so no need to defend them."

"Everything?" JeTiKrys mumbled to themselves. Even their alternate life and their bloody past?

"Yes." Mrs. Jung answered. "They confessed to us that Yoona, Sunny and Hyuna were someone from their past. Important enough to want your lovers all to themselves. Even at the expense of innocent lives."

"And-" Mrs. Hwang sighed heavily before speaking the next words. "-they do not love all of you sincerely."

"That's a lie."

"Tiffany-honey." Mrs. Hwang held Tiffany's hands in her own. "I know that it is hard to believe but-"

"They have done that trick before mom. And it wasn't true. They love us!"

"Tiffany-honey. They told us that they weren't serious with any of you."

"No. You have no proof." Krystal refused to believe. "No proof."

"Why are you guys doing this?" Jessica pleadingly and angrily wanted to know. "Why do you hate them so much now?"

Mrs. Jung reached into her bag and took out a voice recorder. "The last time we met them, they gave us this recorder in case you three don't believe us.  It is proof that they do not want anything to do with you guys at all from now on." She stopped and handed the recorder to Jessica. "Just listen. Afterwards, if you still don't believe it, read the contents in this envelope." She gave Krystal the beige envelope.

And with that last instruction, Mrs.Jung and Mrs. Hwang left the living room, leaving the heiresses alone. When they were gone, Jessica the recorder. It took a few seconds before anything was heard.

(This part will be in 1st POV)

Taeyeon: "We will leave your daughters on one condition."

Mr.Jung: "Conditions? That wasn't mentioned before."

Amber: "Well, we can't just leave with nothing. I mean, we had fun with your daughters but we want something that will sustain and preserve our future."

Mrs. Hwang: "How can you speak like that? I really thought you cared about them."

Sooyoung: "Then we are clearly professionals in acting. Not only did we manage to trick the parents, but also the daughters. By the way, they are very easy and not too smart."

Mrs. Jung: "How dare you?! Scums!! Playing with innocent people. All of you are evil and heartless!"

Amber: "Calm down. We just needed people to be a buffer. Thank goodness we met your daughters. Stupid enough to risk even their lives for us."

Mr.Hwang: "What do you guys want?!"

Taeyeon: I want to be the owner of Hwang hospital. Do not worry. It will be in good hands considering I am a valuable asset to Song Qian."

Mr.Hwang: "She's in it too huh? Should have known better."

Amber: "As for me, I want Song Qian to be the sole owner of Jung Corp."

Sooyoung: "Exactly what I wanted as well. The merger will still be in effect and all of you can still have your current occupations but the company must be given to Song Qian."

Taeyeon: "Think about it. At least none of you will be homeless or broke."

Mrs.Hwang: "You guys are disgusting."

Mrs. Jung: "All of you will suffer."

Sooyoung: "Is this a deal or not?"

Amber: "Ki Bum is also here. He can finalize everything."

Taeyeon: "Do not worry. We won't ever show ourselves again to all of you or your daughters. I mean, we will have everything already even without them."

Sooyoung: "Deal or no deal?"

Mr. Hwang: "We are not stupid enough to go through with this."

Amber: "Not even for the sake of your daughters? Aren't you afraid of what else we can do?"

Taeyeon: "We will resolve the problems with Yoona and her sisters, considering we hate each other so much more than we do to you guys. So do not worry. They will not be a problem to your family any longer."

Mr.Jung: "And yet, we are sent straight to the belly of the monster if we deal with the likes of you and your sisters."

Sooyoung: "Funny. But we live by our words and will guarantee that we will not interfere with your daughters anymore. So...is it a deal?"

Mr. Hwang: "We need more time to discuss this."

Amber: "No. We need an answer now. If we do not get an answer now, we can't guarantee the lives of your you or you family."

Mrs.Hwang: "Is that a threat?"

Taeyeon: "Deal or no deal?"

(End of Flashback)

 

*Present time, 5 months later*

Tiffany took out the document that has come to symbolize eternal hatred and stared at it. 

5 months has passed since that day and her feelings of betrayal, anger and hatred toward Taeyeon and her sisters have no end. 

Out of anger, Tiffany threw the filthy contract on her desk and stood up. Tiffany has moved to Jung Corp. to work on the hospital project.She looked out from her office and toward the city landscape, taking deep breaths.  Oh..how much she hates Taeyeon.

And Jessica and Krystal weren't doing any better. They were going through exactly what Tiffany is experiencing if not worse. The fact that Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber literally betrayed them and treated them like garbage is an overwhelming feeling of heartbreak. 

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Krystal's voice interjected from behind Tiffany, taking the latter out of her reverie. Joined with Jessica, the two Jungs smiled at Tiffany and sat down on the sofa. "Don't waste your time on Taeyeon. Come chat with us."

"You guys heard the news too huh?"

"Yeah. After months of wallowing in hatred and sorrow, we will finally get to see Song Qian. We can probably get a bit of peace." Krystal bitterly retorted, crossing her legs. "How should we welcome her?"

"If I had a choice and discarded my reputation, I would attack that b*tch in public. But I can't so I guess I will have to refrain."

"Maybe we can ask Siwon and his friends for help? You know, so Song Qian will tell us the location of the others." Tiffany suggested. "I really want them to suffer."

"I do too. But do we really want to?" Krystal mumbled in a low voice, her voice evident with uncertainty. "Will that make us happy?"

"It will certainly feel satisfying." Tiffany answered angrily. "That's better than nothing."

"Not much. Considering she is the owner of both companies." Krystal said with a sigh. "I liked her too. Why did she join hands with Amber and them?"

Jessica and Tiffany shook their heads. Alot of things didn't make sense to them. For example, Donghae and Hyoyeon's sudden disappearance. Kim Bum following TaeSooBer's deceitful actions, and Song Qian's involvement and disappearance from the public. No doubt Song Qian was alive considering that the company decision and actions have to get passed her first before they are carried out. 

"Even Jonghyun doesn't know. Imagine the pain he felt when he found out Song Qian's involvement. He denies it but no doubt he's in love with Song Qian. Poor guy." Jessica sympathetically stated. 

Just then, a knock was heard. It was Tiffany's secretary. 

"Doctor Hwang?"

"Yes?"

"Ms. Song is here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The arrival of Song Qian was a huge ordeal.  No one else but the Jungs and Hwangs knew about the fact that Song Qian was given sole ownership of both Jung Corp and Song Industries.  They had to keep everything in wraps until Song Qian herself made the announcement. And the disappearance of Song Qian from public only heightened the necessity to make it seem as believable as possible of Jung Corps.' strong business relation with Song Industries. So Mr. Jung and Mr. Hwang purposely organized a showy, 'welcome back' for Song Qian to avoid any suspicion. No one knew where Song Qian had vanished to during the 8 months.

Jessica, Tiffany, Krystal along with their parents were some of the few that remained in the designated business meeting room until Song Qian arrived. They were not thrilled about Song Qian at all, but to others, that wasn't the case. The Hwang and Jung family has come to be professional actors in pretense. No way were they going to greet a traitor as if she was royalty.

Just then, the doors to the room opened and Song Qian entered with the board of directors behind her and a few escorts.

"Hello everyone. It's been a while. I hope all of you have been well in my absence." She began with a smile, only to make JeTiKrys scoff at her in disgust.

"I have been kept updated with the progress of both our companies. However, now that I am back. I believe all of you deserve an explanation for my sudden disappearance." Song Qian scanned the room and then stared at JeTiKrys. " A few months ago, without most of you knowing, our companies were in investigation for crimes ranging from embezzlement, fraud, money laundering and tax invasion."

Gasps and mutterings were heard in the meeting room from the board, even the Hwangs and Jungs were shocked. They were not aware of this at all. 

With a straight-face and serious tone, Song Qian continued. "The DA and prosecutor independently investigated our companies at my request that it be kept a secret.  Do not blame CEO Jung or Doctor Hwang for keeping all of you in the dark. It was purposely done so to prevent the real perpetrators from getting away. I asked for full co-operation from your CEO and Doctor Hwang so do not blame them."

Everyone's eyes darted to Mr. Jung and Mr. Hwang in complete awestruck and some were angry but after Song Qian's reason, accepted it and let it go. Mr. Jung and Mr. Hwang were completely confused and so was JeTiKrys and their moms.

"After a thorough investigation, the real perpetrators were caught. That is why I had been gone for 8 months. And without the help from CEO Jung, Doctor Hwang and their family, perhaps both companies may have been ruined to a point of no return due to the enormous amount of money that was lost. Fortunately, we were able to save the companies with the help of VP Jung, Doctor Tiffany Hwang and Krystal Jung."

Everyone now turned to look at JeTiKrys, demanding an answer. All they got was a nervous smile from the heiresses.

Just then, one of Song Qian's escorts entered the room, making his way straight to her. He whispered something in her air and Song Qian merely nodded her head.

"I now ask that all of you do not ponder more on this subject. Both companies were saved and that should be good enough. Do not strive for more information. It will all be revealed on the news soon. Thank you."

More murmuring followed as Song Qian quickly left the room, paying no heed to questions thrown at her. Seemed like Song Qian was in a rush, seeing that she literally ran the minute she reached the doors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Hwang and Jung Mansion-Evening*

"It's strange."

"What is?" Mr. Hwang asked, in response to his wife's remark.

Mrs. Hwang turned to look at her husband. She had to say something about Song Qian's odd behavior that day.

"Song Qian. How did our daughters help the company? And why weren't we aware of the trouble the company was facing? More so, why was she in such a rush to leave?"

"It doesn't matter anymore. The problems are solved." Mr. Hwang answered. "No need to keep asking questions." He took a bite of his rice. 

"Why are we discussing work at the dinner table? Just eat." Mrs. Jung instructed, taking a sip of her kimchi soup. 

"Are you not at all curious?" Mrs.Hwang continued, looking at the other three elders eagerly. "How it is our daughters involved in this matter?"

Mr. Jung set down his spoon and sighed. "I'm not sure as well. But what I do know is that Song Qian single-handedly handled the situation. Not Taeyeon and her sisters."

"That can't be. Song Qian is not the owner of Jung Corp." Mr. Hwang stated, clearly surprised by this bit of news. "Unless-"

"Yes. Exactly so." Mrs. Jung calmly answered, setting down her utensils as well. Apparently, no one had the appetite to eat. "It is exactly what you think."

"What?" Mrs. Hwang asked, still in the dark. "What is it?"

"Song Qian is the official owner of both companies." Her husband answered. "Not Taeyeon and her sisters."

"What?! They gave our company to Song Qian?!"

"It would seem so."

"Well, that is just ridiculous. Trading our family legacy around like a toy." Mrs. Hwang angrily remarked, slapping her hand on the table. 

"It would seem all of us are in no mood to eat." Mr. Jung called for the maid to clean up their barely touched dinner. "Let's go talk in the living room before the girls get home. It would seem that there are alot of things we are unaware of."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hm." Jessica turned around to look behind her, only to see a few employees leaving for home too.  Tiffany and Krystal had left first because of other appointments but Jessica had to stay to review some more company proposals.

"What is it?" a man's voice interjected.

"It is probably nothing but-"

"But?"

"Taecyeon. I feel as if someone is watching me." Taecyeon had dropped by earlier to accompany Jessica back home as proposed by Mrs. Jung. In fact, Jessica isn't the only one who feels as if someone is following her. The same thought and feeling has occurred to Tiffany and Krystal. In response, the parents requested Siwon, Taecyeon and Jonghyun to take care of them just in case.

Taecyeon turned to look in teh same direction as Jessica but saw nothing out of the ordinary or suspicious. "It's nothing. Come on, let's go home." He wrapped an arm protectively around Jessica's shoulder. "Your parents are waiting for you."

Jessica smied at her oppa and nodded her head. But the uneasy feeling was still there. She didn't want to worry Taecyeon but there have been times where she thought she saw a shadow quickly hiding when she would randomly turn around. And at times, it wasn't a shadow but a very familiar face.

"Yeah. It's probably just my imagination. Stress must be getting to me. Let's go oppa."

-----------------------------------------------------

"I felt the same thing when I was finalizing the lease deal on my old clinic." Tiffany remarked with a sigh as she slumped down onto her bed. "Siwon said I was probably just seeing things but I swore, I saw...hm. Nevermind."

"Taeyeon?" Krystal finished for her cousin. 

Tiffany's eyes widened. "Yeah! Exactly. Did you see her too?" Tiffany sat up on her bed in alarm, awaiting Krystal's answer.

Krystal shook her head. "Not Taeyeon." She looked at Tiffany then at Jessica. "But Amber. There were times when I thought it was Amber."

"Really?" JeTi muttered together, earning a nod from Krystal. 

"But I don't think so. I mean, it's been  5 months. They are probably enjoying a luxurius life somewhere in the world with another clueless victim." Tiffany reasoned. "Right?"

"Why do we still think about them when they have hurt us so much?" Jessica asked aloud, bring her knees up to her chest as she leaned against the headboard. "Even today, I thought I saw Sooyoung when I was coming home."

Tiffany and Krystal sighed empathetically and looked up at the ceiling. "Well, I hate Taeyeon."

"I hate Amber too."

"And I hate Sooyoung."

And that was how the rest of the night went for them. All of them wallowing in their hatred toward TaeSooBer, vowing to take their revenge. They had no more love or forgiveness to offer.

----------------------------------------------------------

*The next evening-Thursday*

"Why is she coming here?!!" Jessica exclaimed in anger. "Hasn't she done enough damage to us?"

"Calm down Jessica." Mrs. Hwang cooed. "She said it's important."

"Psh." Tiffany scoffed. "Important? I don't trust her."

"Joining hands with Amber and her sisters to hurt us, I rather not have her taint our house. I may just end up killing her."

"Count me in."

"Me too." 

JeTi raised their hand in joint combat mode.

"All of you will act like humans, not animals. Just stay calm and don't do anything hasty. Until we hear what Song Qian has to say, do not act rashly." Mr. Jung commanded with a stern stare at the heiresses.

"Our company is in her hands. Do not do anything that will jeopardize it."

JeTiKrys reluctantly agreed and sat down. Soon after, the doorbell was rung. 

"Ms. Song is here." the maid informed. 

"Let her in." Mrs. Jung instructed, to which the maid wasted no time in doing so.

"Good evening everyone. I am glad all of you are here as I have asked." Song Qian said with a smile, taking a seat next to Mr. Hwang and next to JeTiKrys.

"I will get straight to the point before I get ripped apart by these beautiful heiresses next to me." Song Qian remarked, smiling at JeTiKrys, only to get a growl in return.

"What now?"

Song Qian took out some papers from her bag and placed it on the table in the middle. "I am returning Jung Corp. back to your family Mr. Jung. The same goes with Hwang hospital." She pushed the contract toward Mr. Hwang. This was certainly a suprise and shocker.

"What? Why?"

"Is this a trick?"

Song Qian shook her head. "I am merely returning the company back to you because it was your familys to begin with. And no Mr. Hwang, this is no trick."

"But Taeyeon and-"

"They had no intentions to keep it in the first place."

"What?!!" Now everyone didn't expect to hear this. 

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Jung inquired. "They demanded the company as a condition to-"

"Yes. I am aware of why the deal was made. But they handed the company over to me to take care of its problems. You see, they have no interest in business."

"Then why would they acquire it?!" Mr. Jung stood up in fury. "What game are they playing at? Wasn't my daughters enough?"

"Now now. Your daugthers were never a game to them."

"Lies. We heard everything. No need to cover for them." Krystal venomously stated.

"They wanted money and power. Well, they got it."

"And I'm sure that they are loving the life they have now that they have gotten what they wanted." 

Song Qian stared at them for awhile and then let out a soft, pitiful chuckle. "That would certain break their hearts if they heard your words."

"Well, I highly doubt so."

Song Qian merely nodded at Jessica's cold statement and continued. "Taeyeon and her sisters gave me Jung corp. But as soon as the matters were settled, I wanted to return it. It was for the best."

"Why didn't the police talk to me or my family?"

"Mr. Jung. The problems were not discovered until you gave the company to Sooyoung and them. I am sure you guys recall the previous $100 million problem due to the embezzlement? The merger of our companies helped that time. But, there was another attempt to destroy our companies. Why would they come question you if you weren't the one directly related to the problems? Don't you recall the roles Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber had in my company? Their roles were crucial and for them to suddenly take over Jung Corp., put them as the prime suspects. And the prosecutors were well aware of this after investigating all evidence."

Mrs. Jung and the parents were confused. It doesn't make sense. "Why would they do that?" 

"You will have to be specific Mrs. Jung."

"It is obvious that those problems were meant for us. Why would they take the fall?"

"Because they wanted the company remember? So of course, they are responsible." Song Qian answered politely. "I warned them of the consequences but they wouldn't listen. This is why they are no longer interested in Jung Corp. Too much for them and too much risk." 

There were still loopholes. Even JeTiKrys couldn't believe everything Song Qian had said.

"Basically, all this time, you weren't in cahoots with Amber and her family? I mean, you could have just kept Jung Corp." Krystal pointed out, with narrowing eyes. "What are you hiding?"

Song Qian smirked and stood up. "My family company is enough. And I know how crucial it is to preserve family legacy, which is exactly what Jung Corp. is to your company. That is why I am returning it to your family. I was entrusted with Jung Corp. and now, I am returning it back to its rightful owners."

"Just like that?" Mr. Hwang was still suspicious. 

"Why did you say that my daughters helped you in this case?" Mrs. Jung asked the question that probed the Hwang's and Jungs since the meeting. 

"Because they did. That's all I can say for now. All of you will get your answers in due time. And I understand if I am not trusted, but believe me, I have no reason to keep Jung Corp. any longer. I have done my part." She bowed. "Have a good night. And I hope to see all of you on Sunday at my party to celebrate the success of our companies." 

"Wait!" JeTiKrys exclaimed altogether, stopping Song Qian in her tracks. 

"Yes?" 

JeTiKrys looked at eachother before Jessica took the leap. "Where are they?"

Song Qian held up a palm, signaling her to stop. "Do not ask unless all of you are sincerely concerned about their well-being."

After a few minutes of silence, Song Qian understood. The damage TaeSooBer has inflicted on JeTiKrys was too much and probably can not be forgiven. Which is probably why Song Qian said what she did even though she didn't want to.

"I didn't want to say anything, knowing that none of you would care. Considering that the hatred you harbor for Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber is so strong."

"What is it?" Now this gained JeTiKrys's attention. As well as the parents.

"Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber were involved in a fatal accident 4 months ago in Japan. I'm sorry to say they are never coming back."

It was true then... JeTiKrys did imagine seeing Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber all those times. Because they will never see each other again. Shouldn't they be happy? Because the heart-wrenching pain they felt is far from happy. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did they ask?" a woman's voice asked as soon as Song Qian settled into the backseat of her mercedes and shut the door. The windows were tinted and the chauffeur's face was expertly hidden and disguised. 

Song Qian sighed. "Yes and I told them. As expected, they were devastated even though they are overwhelmed with hatred toward your friends. They wanted proof and I told them of the location where TaeSooBer's ashes are kept. Is this the right thing to do Hyoyeon?"

"Hm. Let's go."

"Now what happens?"

Hyoyeon fixed the rearview mirror and smiled at the apprehensive Chinese heiress. "Now, we prepare for your party."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for comments and support. :D Love to hear from all of you.