Loss

Phoenix Sisters

Taeyeon opened her eyes and tried to focus her vision because everything in front of her was so blurry and noises...there were so many noises. As her vision slowly got better, she was able to make out people running around, people still fighting and bloody, dead people. 

"Ugh..." Taeyeon staggered to stand up as one arm was wrapped around her abdomen. The unsuspecting 2nd explosion did a lot more damage in terms of bodies. And that was when Taeyeon saw her...Sunny.  But Sunny was staggering toward the vehicle that she had driven to crash into the mansion.

"SUNNY!!!!!" Taeyeon roared, as she charged toward the latter at full speed. Taeyeon is well aware of Sunny's goal and she will not let Sunny succeed. But she was too late by a few seconds because Sunny got away just when Taeyeon reached the driver's door. 

!! Taeyeon cursed and looked around for any other transportation.  Just when she thought she had to steal someone's car to chase after Sunny, a van drove up right next to her.

"Get in!!" Hyoyeon yelled as the sliding door of the van opened with the help of Sooyoung. 

Taeyeon entered with urgency and shared a quick hug with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. "We are going to destroy those two crazies! I'll get in contact with Donghae." And with that last comment, she sped away, leaving Sooyoung and Taeyeon a bit of time to rest and talk between themselves.

"Where is Yoona?"

"Fled as soon as both of us gained consciousness. I know exactly where she is though."

Taeyeon forced a smile. "Then this might be the last time for us to be together?"

Sooyoung looked at Hyoyeon, who was conversing with Donghae over the earpiece radio, and then Taeyeon. "Maybe not. I mean, Amber isn't here so it's not all of us." She softly with a broken smile.

Taeyeon knew Sooyoung was trying to be positive about the outcome but the chances are slim...to none. So she stayed quiet for a few seconds and then uttered,

"I hope the rest will be okay."

Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon and smiled. " Even if they are not at this moment, once we get to them, they will be."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Donghae!! Watch out!!!" Siwon warned, as he pointed out to the pedestrians in front of the car. Donghae swerved the car just in time to avoid hitting the pedestrians but the enemies remained hot on their trail. 

"We have to lose them!" Jessica exclaimed as she tried to think of an idea. "Wait! Seoul Hospital is next to the police station. Siwon-"

"Right on it!" Siwon already knew what Jessica was thinking. It is time for Seoul Police to step in, whether they want to or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the plan carried out smoothly because by the time Donghae led the unsuspecting enemies to the trap that was set up for them, the police had all of them surrounded. There was more police then bad guys so the enemies surrendered with no more blood shed.  But, the victory was short lived, because another car crashed the scene after all the bad guys were apprehended. Everyone in the way had to jump aside to avoid getting hit.

And the person to come out of the the car. had her eyes set on one person....

"Mom!!!!!" Tiffany yelled as she witnessed her Mrs. Hwang in the clutches of Sunny. Sunny smiled maniacally at her and pushed the tip of the gun closer to Mrs. Hwang's head. 

"Put down your guns or I will put a bullet in her cap!!!" Sunny threatened as she paced around in a circle, holding on to Mrs. Hwang close against her. "Don't even think about it!!!" She yelled out when she looked up toward the nearby buildings. She was well aware there were snipers as well. "I will kill her the moment anyone tries to touch me!"

When no one listened, Sunny continued...

"Do you not know who I am?!! I am the Maniacs. The one and only!!!!"

"Chief!! Do what she says!!" Siwon warned, as he looked to his chief who was still hesistant despite Sunny's confession.

"How do we know she doesn't have backup?"

"If she did, they would be here already." Heechul reasoned, "The rest are dead Chief. Believe me." 

"..."

"The Maniacs is me, alone. Now put down all your weapons or her blood will be in your hands Mr. Chief!!!!"

"Do it!!! Tell your men to stay down Chief. Please!!" Mr. Hwang pled as he held on to Hana tightly in his arms. He was terrified for his wife's life.

The chief unwillingly complied and ordered his officers to stand down, which pleased Sunny. 

"Good boy. Now, I will leave this place with her and I do not want to be followed. Is that understood?! Because once I am, I will kill her mercilessly."

"You can't do that." The chief tried to reason but that was useless. 

"Why not?! Tiffany, you don't need a mother. You did well without one before." Sunny laughed as she jabbed at Tiffany's loss of her mother. 

"Please Sunny. Let my mom go."

"No. In fact, seeing how pathetic you are right now, I don't think your mother deserves a daughter like you. How about I just kill her now?"

"NOOO!!!" The family shouted in unison as the tried to help but then a shot erupted in the air.

Everyone looked up in horror at the scene that awaited them once they lifted up their heads after cowering down from the gunshots.  Wait...gunshots? What just happened? It was clearly 2 shots that went off.

"Taeyeon." Siwon whispered, so only Tiffany can hear since he was the one who had forced her to duck down in case Sunny had some other tricks up her sleeves. 

Listen I'm Alone-Oh Joon Sung : https://youtu.be/xqQI7iOa9hY (Better to listen to this song at this time. :D)

Tiffany's eyes widened when she saw Taeyeon holding on to Mrs.Hwang in her arms on the ground as she aimed her gun right at Sunny, who was doing the same to Taeyeon.

"Stand on guard!! It's the Night Ghouls!!!" The chief ordered, which every officer listened and aimed their weapons at both Sunny and Taeyeon. Well, Taeyeon had her mask on so no one knew who she was except for JeTiKrys, Taecyeon, Heechul and Siwon.

But to Taeyeon and Sunny, everyone else was drowned out. 

Sunny flashed a crooked smile. " Why don't you put your gun down and we will talk civilly. What do you say?"

Taeyeon kept her eyes on Sunny, and gently placed Mrs.Hwang down on the ground and then stood up to confront Sunny. 

"I stand alone in this with you Sunny. Why do you insist on bringing other innocent people into our ordeal?"

"You won't let me kill your precious Tiffany. So I had to resort to another replacement. No better person than her mother. Let her experience the pain of losing her mother twice makes me so euphoric."

"You are cruel and beyond evil. Killing your own sister was not enough?"

"NEVER!!! NOTHING IS NEVER ENOUGH FOR ME!!!"  Sunny yelled aloud, alarming everyone else around them except Taeyeon. "Look what love has done to you Taeyeon. You almost got killed for the sake of saving the old lady." Sunny warned, glancing at the fresh bullet wiound below Taeyeon's shoulders.

"And you almost died too if I didn't have mercy." Taeyeon glanced at the fresh bullet wound on Sunny's right shoulder, just a halfway to her heart. "And you know just how good of a sharpshooter I am. I could have killed you and still save her life."

"I'am no different from you."

"Yes. But you were so focused on killing Tiffany's mom that you had forgotten my vow. And so you couldn't kill either of us." Taeyeon spoke, nonchalantly, unfazed and undeterred. 

Sunny growled at Taeyeon's truthful statement.

It was pure silence between them until....

"Donghae!!!! Amber needs to get to the hospital." Krystal's yell broke the silence as she came out from the van. Jonghyun was keeping guard with Krystal from the back of the van when Amber started to shake excessively. "Tiffany! I think she's going into anaphalyptic shock!!" 

Tiffany forced herself away from the scene before her and went to Amber's aid. It was true...Amber was not going to last another 10 minutes if she doesn't get to a hospital right away. 

"She needs the hospital right now!" Tiffany ordered, knowing that they were delayed again when Sunny purposely crashed her car to the van to hinder their advance.

Sunny cackled evilly when she heard of the predicament. "At least I planned ahead to kill your sister too. I just had to stall time."  Taeyeon's was furious and she immediately disarmed Sunny and pushed her farther away with a powerful kick.

*End of song

"Heechul!!! Get my sister to safety now!!" Taeyeon yelled as she continued to fight with Sunny vigorously

"But-"

"Go with Krystal and her family!!!" Donghae pushed Heechul to the car and threw him the keys. "Siwon and I will take care of matters here."

"But-"

"Your wife will be following you soon after. She will be fine. Do not worry." Donghae assured Mr.Hwang and then looked at Tiffany. "Tiffany. I know you and your family hate Taeyeon but here." Donghae handed Tiffany usb. " I hope this will clear up everything. Now go!!!"

"I don't want to go!!!" Tiffany resisted but was pulled back by Siwon and Jonghyun.

"Donghae. What about Sooyoung?" she apphrehensively inquired. "Is she here too?"

"No. And where she is, I don't know Jessica. I really don't know." Donghae honestly answered before Heechul drove away.

Jessica hated those words. She felt an undescribable pain in her heart.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung fell back on the grassy ground when Yoona managed to dodge a hit, threw her down and kicked her a few times on the stomach. Yoona laughed to herself as she observed Sooyoung.

"Seohyun. Look how pathetic your murderer is. She is nothing against me."

Sooyoung spit out some blood and slowly stood up. "Yoona. You know very well that I didn't kill her."

"What?!!" Yoona was angry upon hearing Sooyoung's denial. "You killed Seohyun!! You killed the woman I loved." Yoona marched toward Sooyoung and quickly began to attack her again.

Sooyoung grabbed Yoona's arm, bent it around her back and kicked her away from her to make space. " Yoona!! We both loved Seohyun! Except, she only loved you!!"

"Don't you dare say her name!!!" Yoona punched Sooyoung while the latter sweeped kick so Yoona will lose her balance and fall. 

"It was you who killed her Yoona! Your greed for power!!!" Sooyoung finally spoke the truth after so many years and Yoona will have no choice but to listen. Yoona charged at her and tried to inflict more damage but Sooyoung dodged all of them. 

"I was your best friend Yoona. I never tried to steal her or hurt her. You hurted her!"

"Liar!!!" Yoona hit Sooyoung's head with a rock that she had found and hid when she found the perfect opportunity to hit Sooyoung. Sooyoung fell to the ground with a cut and immense pain on the side of her head from the rock. " She shielded you and died!!! She left me for you!!!"

Sooyoung was panting hard and wiped teh blood from her face. " No. She wanted to stop you from your path of darkness. Seohyun sacrificed her life for both of us. But unlike you, I understood."

"SHUT UP!!!" Yoona walked toward Sooyoung but the latter was faster and tackled Yoona to the ground. Sooyoung then began to punch Yoona relentlessly.

"Seohyun!!!!"

Punch.

"Loved"

Punch. 

"You"

Punch.

"But You-"

punch.

"-you were blinded by rage and greed to see that." Sooyoung punched Yoona one last time and pulled Yoona by her shirt so that their faces were inches apart. 

"I was nothing more but a friend, at most a sister!  But you...Seohyun loved you so much Yoona! She tried to change you and make you realize your wrongdoings. But what did you do? You hurt her by killing more people for sport and for fame even after she pled you not to."

punch. Yoona was a bloody mess now.

"I tried to stop you too and I warned Seohyun not to interfere. But she loved you so much and believed in your love for her that you will change. But what did you do? You challenge me to fight to prove your power!!!'

"I-"

"YOU FOUGHT WITH ME TO BE THE BEST!!! AND WHEN I REFUSED, YOU FORCED ME TO FIGHT MY THREATENING MY FAMILY'S SECRET!!!"

Sooyoung yelled with tears in her eyes. "YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND YOONA!!! NOT ONLY DID YOU KILL SEOHYUN! YOU ALSO KILLED MY BEST FRIEND YOONG THAT DAY!!!!" 

And Sooyoung grabbed the rock Yoona had used earlier on her, raised it above her head and was about to kill Yoona with it when an image appeared in her mind...

Jessica.

"Ahhhh!!!" Sooyoung let out a loud cry and threw the rock away from her. She then stood up and look down at a barely conscious Yoona.

"I'm not like you Yoona. I will get nothing from killing you. I have no interest in being the best or most powerful. You knew that from the beginning. I want no more blood on my hands. Even though you deserve to be killed, I don't want to kill anymore. I just want to live my life normally. The life we used to talk about with Seohyun in the past. I loved ones waiting for me so I'm walking away.  And I hope you stop and try to at least, live a peaceful life."

Sooyoung turned around and walked away. 

"You really think your life will be normal after everything?!!" Yoona shouted after Sooyoung, causing the latter to stop. Yoona took this time to stand up to her feet. Sooyoung wasn't that far from her. 

"If I try hard to move on and forget, maybe. But it is definitely a hope I have."

"Hope? You make me laugh. I won't let you leave like this... Sookster."

Sooyoung's eyes widened at this nickname but she was suddenly pulled back and thrown near the edge of the cliff. 

"Yoona."

"Like I said, it's not over yet until one of us dies." Yoona smirked and tackled Sooyoung, causing both of them to fall over the edge of the cliff...to where only death awaits.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica was sitting alone in the hospital church praying when she felt a warmth on her clasped hands. 

"Sica."

Jessica immediately hugged the intruder when she saw who it was. "Sooyoung!!!!" 

"Hey. What's wrong?" Sooyoung inquire softly and lovingly. "Who hurt my Blondestick?" She joked. 

"Sooyoung! I was so worried. I wanted to go find you but I didn't know where you were. I was so scared that you might have-" Jessica then touched Sooyoung's face. "Are you okay?"

"Of course. Not hurt at all." 

Jessica then began to shake and covered her face as she cried.

"Shh..." Sooyoung pulled Jessica to rest against her chest and ran her fingers gently through Jessica's hair. " I'm here now." 

Jessica broke out crying like a little baby at those words as she clutched onto Sooyoung tightly. "I'm so sorry Sooyoung. It's all my fault."

"No. It's not. You should have never met me. I understand if you hate and I don't blame you."

"No! Sooyoung  I don't-" Jessica then felt something wet on her hands. Is it her tears? She raised her hands up and saw that it was a red liquid.

"Jessica. Do you like butterflies?"

"Yes." Jessica was still crying but managed to answer.

Sooyoung hugged her tighter and smiled.  "Did you know  that some butterflies only live up to 14 days?"

"Yes you told me that before."

"I'm sorry Jessica." the sudden change of tone and loose hold on her confused Jessica.

"Sooyoung?" Jessica looked up to see a now bruised, bloody, Sooyoung with cuts adorning her once flawless, smooth skin. And the blood...where was it coming from.

"Sooyoung!!! Oh my god Sooyoung! What's wrong?"

"Jes...sica..." Sooyoung whispered weakly before falling on Jessica with her full weight. So much blood... "Sorry Sica."

"SOOYOUNG!!!!!!!""

---

"JESSICA!! JESSICA!!! WAKE UP!!!" a voice was calling out and Jessica abruptly woke up, looking for Sooyoung. 

"Dad. Sooyoung, she- where is Sooyoung?"

"What do you mean?"

Jessica was in the church and Sooyoung was there with her...

"I- Sooyoung was here with me. Dad, she was here."

Mr. Jung felt so sorry for his daughter and reached for Jessica's hands. "Baby. I'm sorry but Sooyoung never came here."

"What? That can't be."

"Only Taeyeon and Amber are in this hospital right now. Heechul and Jonghyun are looking for Sooyoung in the meantime."

"No..." Jessica couldn't help but cry her heart out as her dad held her in his arms. It was only a dream and it felt so real...like a bad omen.

-------------------------------------------

"Both Ms. Liu and Ms. Kim are still in critical conditions. Their chances are 20/80." the surgeons announced after coming out from the surgery. " Ms. Liu's body has contracted an infection from her wounds and her multiple gunshots are taking a toll on her surrouding organs." 

"But, her organs were'n't hit." Krystal added. "Right? That's what you said before."

"In terms of directly impacted by a hit, then it's a negative. But because there are so much injuries and a few broken bones, in addition to the gun shot wounds so close to vital organs, and large amounts of blood loss, the body is having immense difficulty in recuperating. The damage and wounds are too much. I have done my best."

Krystal was speechless and fell to the chair as she covered her face. It was too much...so overwhelming.

"And Taeyeon? How is she Dr. Heo?"

"Ms. Kim is the same as Ms. Liu with a few, rather large differences."

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Hwang asked on behalf of her worried daughter. 

"Ms. Kim has multiple concussions on her head. She suffered just as many stabs and cuts as Ms.Liu and the fact that she encountered a fatal gun shot wound to her liver makes her chances of survival 10%. I'm sorry."

Tiffany couldn't believe it. Was she really going to lose Taeyeon?

"Siwon. What happened back at station? What happened to Sunny?"

"She's dead. A shot to the head"

"Who killed her?"

Siwon looked at Tiffany as she answered the next words to the other family members. "The police snipers."

But Tiffany knew better by Siwon's look at her. Siwon was basically confirming what Tiffany knew : "Taeyeon killed Sunny in exchange of her own life."

And that's what broke Krystal and Tiffany more...because they knew that in the end, Amber and Taeyeon sacrificed everything, even their life, to keep their vow...the oath to protect them and everyone they love.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello.:D 

Leave your comments and let me know your thoughts and feelings. Took awhile to write this. :D