Guests, Shopping, and Errands

Phoenix Sisters

Hello..its me again. this might be my last update for this weekend. have work and school piling up again. :( I'm so glad you guys support me. I hope all of you enjoy this chapter.:)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Amber! I need help in the kitchen!” Sooyoung yelled from the kitchen. It was 11am-the rush hour. Only Soober was working the shifts. Usually, Taeyeon would be there to help give and deliver the orders.

 

“Sorry! I can’t! I have my hands full too!” Amber yelled out as she continued to take customer orders. Even for a pastry shop, people were ordering for parties and events, in addition to just dining in.

 

Sooyoung released a frustrated sigh upon hearing Amber’s response. “We need Taeyeon. I should’ve just let Donghae walk home.” Sooyoung sadly and regrettedly thought to herself before going back to multitasking.

 

Yes, Taeyeon was the waitress. Why? Here’s why:

 

*Flashback to 1 year ago*

 

“What the ?! Why do I have to be cashier? I hate math Soo and you know that!” An angry Amber yelled as she stood up from the couch and pointed her finger at Sooyoung accusingly. “You’re doing this on purpose aren’t you? Trying to get revenge because I stole one gummy from your jar of 200 gummies right?”

 

Sooyoung denied that was the reason, but when Amber turned her head away, Sooyoung sneaked a smile. Taeyeon knew Sooyoung’s plan and gave her a deadly glare, which was more than enough for Sooyoung to come up with an acceptable excuse. Even if Taeyeon won’t believe  it, as least Amber will believe it.

 

“Because I’m the brains in this business that’s why! I’m the one handling the ingredients and baking and I’m not complaining.” Sooyoung retorted back calmly without even looking at Amber.

 

It was the day before the grand opening of “PhoenixBakery” and yet, none of the duties have been divided. Sooyoung was reluctant to hire helpers so Taeyeon and Amber were forced to work. And since it was Sooyoung’s idea to have a business, she reasoned that her sisters had to listen to her.

 

“What about Taeyeon?” Amber asked with a smirk. She knew that if Taeyeon disagrees with Sooyoung, then Amber is safe. Besides, even though Sooyoung did come up with the business idea, the majority rules.

 

“I have no problem with Amber as cashier.” From the moment Amber heard Taeyeon’s answer, she slumped down onto the sofa.

 

“This-is-tyranny.Tyranny I say!” Sooyoung rolled her eyes as Amber began quoting away. Taeyeon just shook her head, clearly unamused. Amber then got up, and went to her room, making sure to slam her door.

 

*Slam* Suddenly, Amber’s voice echoing distorted words can be heard.

 

“Just give her some time…” Sooyoung complied to Taeyeon’s advice, because she knows how long Amber can take when she’s pissed.

 

After 30 minutes, a disheveled Amber came out. However, this time she seemed to be calmer and more composed. TaeSoo looked at Amber, anticipating Amber’s actions.

 

Amber took a seat in the couch across from her sisters, put her hands on her face, rubbed her hands down her face, released a groan, and then finally, looked at her sisters.

 

“I’ll do it.” Amber mumbled.

 

After a few moments, Taeyeon got up and sat next to Amber. Taeyeon then put her hand around her younger sister’s shoulders and comforted her.

 

“I appreciate you doing this Amber. I know math is not your best subject but who knows, you might actually improve your math skills.”

 

Amber just sighed again. Now it was Sooyoung’s turn to speak.

 

“Thank you Amber. Now that everything is settled-“ Sooyoung said as she got off the sofa but was immediately forced back down by Amber’s hand.

 

“Ow! What the hell Amber?!” Sooyoung angrily asked as she rubbed her wrist.

 

“WE ARE NOT DONE YET!”

 

Taeyeon removed her arm from Amber’s shoulders and now looked at Amber. Sooyoung did the same thing too. Once Amber was sure she got her sister’s full attention, she continued.

 

“Since I’m the cashier, and you’re the baker. That makes….” Amber then looked at Taeyeon. The older short girl didn’t understand why both Sooyoung and Amber were looking at her. That is, until she saw both of her sisters smile…evilly.

 

Taeyeon then slowly backed away.

 

“Oh no. Don’t even think about it Soober. I am no one’s slave…”

 

“Who said you were a slave Tae? It’s a waitress’s job to serve the food and make sure we get lots and lots of tips.” Amber responded with an innocent look. Taeyeon hates that look the most.

 

“Yeah Tae. Come on…do it please? For me and Amber?” Sooyoung pleaded with aegyo and puppy eyes.

 

Taeyeon quickly got up. Amber and Sooyoung both knew this will happen the moment Taeyeon refused the first time.

 

“NO!!” Taeyeon repeated the second time. “I RATHER TAKE OUT THE TRASH EVERYDAY!”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at her sister’s remark. “Too bad. You will be stealing the garbage man’s job.” Amber broke out laughing, and unintentionally, increasing Taeyeon’s annoyance and anger with her sisters.

 

“THAT’S NOT FUNNY!”

 

“I-I beg to-to di-differ my stubborn sister…” Amber said in between her laughter “…besides, the majority has spoken.” And with those last words, Taeyeon lashed out.

 

“Screw the majority.” Taeyeon replied in a cold tone before trying to walk back to her room but was stopped by Sooyoung.

 

“One for all and all for one.” Sooyoung said in a stern voice as she held on to Taeyeon’s wrists. “Just like how Amber had to be the cashier knowing that she at math to the point where I don’t even know how she graduated-”

 

“Hey!” Amber interrupted with a pout.

 

“Mianhe Am.” (A/N: “Am” is TaeSoo’s nickname for Amber. J) Sooyoung cleared before speaking again.

 

“As I was saying, you’re part of this one way or another. You won’t even have to touch them Taeyeon. You just take their order, make sure they get what they want, and then give them the check.”

 

Taeyeon stayed still. Soober knew that their sister was listening despite her cold posture.

 

It was Amber’s turn to speak.

 

“Taeyeon. We need to stick together in all that we do. And we have to listen to each other. Besides, Sooyoung and I are not going back on our decision.” Amber firmly stated.

 

Taeyeon then flicked her wrist away from Sooyoung. Sooyoung, however, wasn’t surprised at all. Taeyeon then went to her room.

 

“Amber? Do you think she will be okay?” Sooyoung asked as she gave Amber a concerned look..

 

Amber gave a smile before answering. “She won’t let us down Sooyoung.”

*End of flashback*

 

Sooyoung let out another loud sigh as she put another batch of cupcakes in the oven when Amber opened the kitchen door.

 

“Sooyoung! Where’s the order for table # 3, 4, 8, & 9? They’re getting y!” Amber asked in a panic tone while panting.

 

Sooyoung was quite stressed out herself. She had all the orders ready but just didn’t bring it out to the customers.

 

“I’ll bring it out right now!” Sooyoung yelled back. Amber went back out once she heard her sister’s answer.

 

However, before Sooyoung can even grab the first tray, someone snatched the serving plate away from her.

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung turned toward the owner of the hand and saw the face of none other than…

 

“TAE!!!” Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a hug.  “You’re back!” Sooyoung said once she let go of the hug.

 

Taeyeon looked at her sister weirdly. “Of course. I knew that rush hour was going to be hectic so I came back early.” Taeyeon spoke as she grabbed another tray on her other hand.

 

Sooyoung smiled widely, unbeknownst to Taeyeon, who was concentrated on getting the orders and tables memorized.

 

“Okay. So, a cafee-lattefratee and the “Summer Melt cake” for Table 4…” Taeyeon began to speak to herself so that she will remember the orders.

 

“HURRY!” Upon hearing Amber’s cue, Taeyeon quickly walked out from the kitchen.

 

When Amber saw Taeyeon, she was shock but she couldn’t keep it long since customers kept coming.  However, Amber made sure to show Taeyeon that she’s glad her older sister is back.

 

“Glad you’re back.” Amber quickly said with a smile, Taeyeon just nodded her head and went to the tables with the orders.

 

“Here you go Sir. Enjoy your meal.” The table that was talking earlier quickly stopped once Taeyeon came. After Taeyeon left, the table began whispering.

 

“OMG…she is so hot dude!” one of the man sitting on the table said with a dreamy expression.

 

His friend joined in. “Wrong…all of them are angels sent from heaven.” He was now looking at all three sisters.

 

In fact, this happens all the time, so TaeSooBer just ignored it. At least, Soober liked the attention. Taeyeon still hated it.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was finally closing time.  It was such a long and tiring day for the sisters, mostly for Soober. Taeyeon seemed fine for some odd reason. In fact, Taeyeon volunteered to clean the kitchen, surprising both Soober.

 

“Finalllllyyy!” Amber said with an exasperated sigh as she sat down on one of the chairs.

Sooyoung then ran and joined Amber on the table.

 

“It never felt so good to sit down. I have one full hour to just sit and relax.” Sooyoung added with a small smile as she laid her head on the table. Amber nodded her head in agreement.  Sooyoung then began to close her eyes.

 

“GIANT!!!!” the voice was so loud that it made Sooyoung lose balance and fall out of her chair. Amber bursted out in laughter.

 

“Awww….” Sooyoung groaned in pain as she rubbed her elbow and . “Who-” Sooyoung’s question was quickly answered by the sound of a very familiar voice and blonde hair standing above her. The blonde was smirking.

 

When Sooyoung finally regained her senses, she finally realized what was going on.

 

“BLONDE STICK!” Sooyoung’s eyes opened wide naturally since she was taken by shock at Jessica’s appearance in the bakery.

 

Amber was still laughing.

 

“I’ll get back to you. Give me a second.” And with those words, Sooyoung approached Amber and tackled her down.

 

“hahaha…Soo. Stop it.” Amber playfully begged as Sooyoung began to wrestle with her, trying to do a noogie.

 

“Not until you stop laughing.” Sooyoung was now laughing too.

 

Jessica watched the childish fight between Soober. She couldn’t help but stare at Sooyoung, who was mercilessly doing the noogie on a struggling Amber.  Suddenly, Jessica found herself smiling…again. She stopped as soon as she realized what was going on. “Jessica Jung! What are you doing?!”

 

“Get used to that Jessica-shi” Jessica turned around to see Taeyeon and Hana together, hand-in-hand. Jessica was a little bothered, hoping Taeyeon didn’t see her smiling at Sooyoung. As a result, she decided to change the subject.

 

Taeyeon was shaking her head back and forth in disappointment as Hana let out a giggle at Soober’s childish antics.  After awhile, Hana couldn’t stand it anymore and ran toward Soober to join the fun.

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked back, not getting the meaning behind Taeyeon’s words.

 

“What I mean is that what you see now will not be the only time Sooyoung acts immaturely.” Taeyeon explained.

 

Jessica raised her eyebrows before giving a low scoff.

 

“Ha! It’s as if you’re implying Sooyoung and I will see each other more often in the future.” Jessica retorted, obviously amused. Taeyeon stared at Jessica.

 

Jessica then explained why she said such a thing. “I have no intentions of befriending your sister. I only came here with Hana because she needed a chaperone.” Jessica said with no remorse.

 

“Really?” Taeyeon asked back, making eye contact with Jessica before approaching Jessica. “Your smile says otherwise.” Taeyeon mumbled as she passed Jessica to get to Soober and Hana.

 

Jessica was left stunned. Taeyeon saw everything. “Damn it. Nice move Jessica.”

 

“Jessie! Come here!” Hana’s voice penetrated Jessica’s thoughts. Jessica recomposed herself before reluctantly making her way back to TaeSooBer and Hana.

 

 

By now, Soober and Hana finally stopped. Well…actually, Taeyeon had to carry Hana and put her at a safe distance before grabbing Soober’s ears.

 

“Okay..we will stop! Just let go..please!” Soober pleaded. When Taeyeon finally let go, they angrily joined Hana at the table, who was now joined by Jessica.

 

“Sorry Jessica. I had to teach Amber a lesson she won’t forget.” Sooyoung said with a smile as she looked at Jessica.

 

“It’s ok. Since you called me by my name, I guess I can forgive you Giant.” Jessica replied as she looked at her nails. But deep inside, Jessica was secretly jumping in joy.

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica in disbelief. 

 

“Ya! You should at least call me by my name instead of “Giant.” Sooyoung whined, only making Jessica want to more.

 

“Nah…I think I’ll stick with Giant. It suits you.”

 

Sooyoung was now fuming mad, but she was held down by Hana.

 

“Its okay Soot. Jessie just playing hard to get.” Hana said with a wide smile. Sooyoung opened her eyes in surprise. How can such a little girl know such words?

 

Jessica blushed at Hana’s words.

 

“Whoa, whoa Hana. Who taught you to say those words?” Jessica inquired, secretly pledging to kill whoever taught her baby cousin such words.

 

“Daddy.” Hana answered without hesitation before continuing.

 

“Do you know what that means?” Sooyoung asked Hana, eager to know the answer. Taeyeon and Amber just looked at the trio with blank stares. 

 

“Of course. It means that Jessie wants to play  hide-and-seek with you duh! That’s why its so  hard to catch her when you see her.” Hana explained proudly.

 

Everyone let out a sigh of relief followed by laughter.  Like usual, Taeyeon seemed unamused by the whole matter.

 

“Yes Hana. You’re right.” Amber said after awhile of trying to hold her laughter.

 

Jessica, feeling a little uncomfortable, then got up.

 

“Sorry. But I think we’ll leave now.” Jessica bowed but was soon stopped by Taeyeon.

 

“Actually, Hana wanted me to take her to Tiffany’s clinic.” Hana vigorously nodded her head in agreement.

 

“Really?” Jessica inquired.

 

“Yes Jessie. I want her to take me to the clinic and then I’ll go home with Tiffany . Pleaaassseeee…”

 

Jessica seemed hesitant so Amber jumped in to relieve her of her worries.

“Don’t worry Jessica. Taeyeon will take care of her.” Amber said with a reassuring smile.

 

“Alright then. Hana, I’ll see you later okay.” Jessica said as she gave Hana a quick hug.

 

Just as Jessica got up to leave, she was once again stopped by Taeyeon.

 

“Actually Jessica. Can you go shopping with Sooyoung for some groceries. We’ll be having some guests over tonight and Amber needs to run an errand for me.  Since I’m going to the clinic with Hana, will you accompany her?” Taeyeon was so straightforward that it took some time for Jessica to in the information.

 

“Um-um-”

 

Soober on the other hand, did not understand the situation at all.

 

“What guests?” Sooyoung asked. “You didn’t mention anything to Amber and I at all Taeyeon.”

 

“Both of you will see later at 8pm.” Taeyeon coolly said as she started to walk to the door with Hana.

 

“Fine. Those guests better be worth my time.” Sooyoung countered with her arms crossed.

 

Amber was still confused. “Wait. Taeyeon, what’s the errand you need me to do?”

 

“I’ll tell you later.” Amber complied with Taeyeon’s request. “Must be important.” Amber thought to herself.

 

Seeing that Amber and Sooyoung seemed to accept the situation, Taeyeon once again focused her attention to Jessica, who looked troubled.

 

“What’s your decision Jessica?” Taeyeon asked. “If you don’t want to go, then its fine.”

 

Sooyoung couldn’t stand it anymore. It was already 6pm and she needed as much time as possible to get the everything ready by 8pm.

 

“It’s alright. I’ll go myself so-”

 

“I’ll go.” Everyone turned to look at Jessica, who was now just shrugging her shoulders.

 

“What? I’ll go with Giant to make sure she doesn’t do anything stupid.” Sooyoung glared at Jessica the moment those words came out from .

 

“Good one Jessica. You should do that. Sooyoung can be pretty crazy in a grocery store. Trust me. I’ve been there with her.” Amber said with a regretful tone as she pointed at Sooyoung. Jessica then looked at Taeyeon to see if it was true. Taeyeon just nodded her head in agreement.

 

“It’s alright. I have free time today anyways. Let’s go Giant.” Jessica then dragged Sooyoung out.

 

“Ah!! Yah! Let me go! I can walk myself.” Taeyeon, Amber, and Hana just looked at poor Sooyoung being dragged away.  Somehow, they didn’t mind one bit, except for Hana, who thought Sooyoung might be hurt by Jessica’s strength.

 

“Will Soot be okay?” Hana asked as she looked at Taeber. Amber gave her a small smile in reassurance.

 

“No worries. Soot will be just fine.”

 

“Yep…” Taeyeon added “ besides, Jessica should be the one you need to worry about.” Taeyeon mumbled. Hana didn’t seem to understand so Taeyeon just told her to forget about it.

 

“Alright Hana. Let’s go. You know where your sister’s clinic is, right?” Hana nodded her head.

 

Before they left, Taeyeon finally told Amber her errand.  The moment Hana and Taeyeon left, Amber started to feel scared and nervous. She then looked at the clock.

 

“Hmm…its 6:30pm now. I have another 30 minutes...” Amber then let out a little chuckle.

 

“You can do it Amber! Hwaiting!” Amber cheered out loud for herself. “I can do this…right?”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another long chappie...man, i just realized if i delay in updates, my updated chapter are so long. Not so much coouples but no worries, stay tuned because the next chapters will be dedicated to each couple. :) But what will happen? What is Amber's errand? What will happen to Taeny and Soosica?