Decisions Must be Made

Phoenix Sisters

Hello everyone! Anightangel here! Sorry for taking such long time to update. Kind of got lazy. lol. But I'm back again with this really long chapter so do enjoy! and tell me what you think. Oh and fyi...there may be grammar mistakes. sorry.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Amber walked along the busy streets of Seoul, eyes looking forward all the time but her mind was elsewhere. Even though it was a beautiful and sunny afternoon, Amber didn’t care. Everywhere she looked, she saw happy couples, holding hands or linking arms or hugging or even worse…

“Geez. Rub all that kissing in my face….jerks!” Amber hissed enviously and angrily to another couple just in front of her, though her words came out more of a whisper than a yell. Amber just took a deep breath and maneuvered herself around the couple to continue walking.

She began thinking about all the conversation with her dad earlier in the morning.

*Flashback*

“There’s really nothing left for me to say. I’m  not going to go up in her face and say: Hey Krystal! I miss you. Can we start over?” Amber exclaimed and stood up to wash her dishes, not looking at her dad’s unhappy face.

“Amber. I was not telling you to start over with Krystal.” Her dad stood up and leaned against the counter as he observed his daughter’s stoic expression. “I’m just suggesting that perhaps you should talk to her and get the facts straight. I agree that she should not have lied about you being her lover but still, she might have a reason for that.”

“I told you her reason already. She said I was just a friend to Minho. And that she was scared of what he’ll think of us.” Amber sighed and turned off the water. She then looked at her dad. “I-I just can’t help but feel like a disgusting person. So horrible that she can’t even tell others I’m her girlfriend.” Amber’s eyes was glistening now but she quickly wiped it away.

Her dad closed their distance and hugged Amber. “Honey.” He began and gently patted her back. He knew that Amber was having an internal debate in her head at that moment. A battle between her mind and heart. “I strongly feel that Krystal never meant to hurt you. And I can’t blame you for having the thoughts you did about her but-” He loosened the hug a bit and looked at Amber’s face. “- in the end, only one question needs to be answered: Do you still care about her?”

“…”

“Do you still like her?”

“…”

“Do you still miss her? Worry for her?”

“…”

“Do you still love her?”

All these questions Amber didn’t answer but her dad already knew the answer. He smiled and set her up straight.

“Amber Josephine Liu! Everyone makes mistakes. Just follow your-”

“Please don’t say heart. Too cliché and its weird hearing it from you.” Amber interjected and joked.

Her dad let out a laugh and gently patted the now smiling Amber’s cheeks. “Okay okay. You’re a smart girl. Whatever decision you make, I’ll support you.”

*End of flashback*

Amber suddenly stopped in her tracks and widened her eyes at the place that was before her. Amber put her hands in her sweater jacket and was quite surprised at the fact that she was now standing in front of the Hwang-Jung Mansion.

“This.is.un-believable.” Amber uttered every word  in a slow and disbelief tone. The whole time that she was thinking about the conversation with her father and Krystal, her feet had somehow brought her here..and in broad daylight!!

But Amber didn’t move…she just stood still. Looking at the gates and the mansion that was clearly behind it. Her eyes then slowly traced to a certain window that belonged to a very special person.

Perhaps she was too harsh? Or maybe just too selfish? She should’ve let Krystal explain but she didn’t….why didn’t she?

Amber let out a frustrated sigh. “I don’t know!” She yelled to herself. But then looked back at the window, as if hoping that Krystal will open it and Amber will get a glimpse at her princess.

How is Amber going to handle this? Does she still love Krystal? Does she?
 

As Amber stood there at her place, thinking about her emotions and Krystal, she failed to hear a car driving up right behind her.

*Beep!* The car horn went off unheard by Amber.

“Amber Liu. You really hurted Krystal.” Amber thought to herself, still in her own world. “What will you do?”

*BEEP!!!* another warning that Amber didn’t hear. Amber was gradually getting irritated and pissed. She couldn’t get an answer…none at all.

“Damn it brain! You better come up with a solution!!” Amber yelled in her mind.

“Sorry. Out of service.” Her brain answered back.

“Oh no you don’t. This was your fault!” Amber retorted angrily.

“Hell no! don’t put the blame on me. My defense mechanism might have interfered but in the end, it was your heart that controlled you!” Her brain argued back fiercly.

*BEEP BEEP!!!!*

Now the car doors were opened and closed but Amber didn’t budge from her place.

“My heart?! What now?! Am I suppose to ask it?” Amber’s inner voice asked.

“No stupid. You put it to sleep!” the brain answered back sarcastically. “Yes! Just listen to it. Your answer to this heartache of yours is in your heart!! Bye!!!”

“Yah!!” Amber screamed aloud, not happy that her mind had just shut her out. Amber finally snapped back to reality. She was flailing her hands around and ruffling her hair. “You can’t just leave me! Do you hear me?!!!”

“Amber?” a woman’s voice spoke behind Amber, making the tomboy freeze in her spot. Oh ….

“Amber.” Her name was called again. Amber slowly turned around to see the woman that has been occupying her thoughts all day…

“Uh. Hi…Krystal.” Amber sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck and bowed. Amber stole a look at Krystal and blushed a bit. Beautiful as always…but a little pale. Amber was worried but decided to hide it. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to block-”

“Amber!”  And that was all Amber heard before she fell down on the ground, with a cut lip. She glared at the man that dared lay a finger on her face.

“Jonghyun.” Amber answered between gritted teeths as she stood back up. “Mind telling me why I got punched?” Amber looked at him with piercing eyes.

“I’ve always wanted to do that.” Jonghyun answered seriously, as he stepped up to Amber, invading her personal space. “You hurted her.” He spoke low enough just for Amber to hear.

Amber didn’t answered. But she just pushed Jonghyun back hard, making him stumble a bit.

“Jonghyun. Are you okay?” Krystal held him by his shoulder to keep his balance. Krystal then glared at Amber. “What the hell Amber?!”

Amber was quite amused and shocked. “What the hell?!” Amber let out a dry laugh. “He punched me and you don’t give a . But when he gets one measly shove, you get all worried about him. That’s hell right there Krystal.” Amber answered back, voice full of fury.

Krystal just continued staring at Amber while Amber did the same. After a few minutes, Krystal broke the silence. “You broke up with me. I don’t need to care about you anymore.” She said in a harsher tone then she intended.

Amber just kept silent, taking the words in slowly and when it finally all sunk in…she had a very strong pain again in her heart. But she deserved it…she was wrong to begin with.

“Sorry.” Krystal was surprise at Amber’s apology. She thought the tomboy was going to yell at her or throw a tantrum.

“I’m sorry for everything Krystal. I was selfish. I jumped to conclusions that you were ashamed of me when I didn’t even consider your feelings. I should have trusted you, even when you denied our relationship.” Amber let out a hurt smile and looked at Krystal and Jonghyun. “But I really,really couldn’t help it Krystal. I really felt like you were ashamed of me…of us. That’s why I thought that if I broke up with you, it would be better. If not for me, then at least for you. So that you don’t have to have a relationship in secret and be scared of what people thought of you.”

Amber stopped and looked at Jonghyun. “ I’m glad someone was by your side the whole time because I obviously failed to do such simple task. Right?”

“Amber…” Krystal hated this. Amber was hurt and she knew it. She didn’t mean to be so honest..but it just happened. She just wanted Amber to feel the same pain.

“I’m sorry for blocking your path. I-I don’t know how I even got here. My feet just brought me here.” Amber let out a small laugh. “Sounds crazy right? But its true.”

Jonghyun looked at Krystal and mouthed her to say something but Krystal just froze.

Amber walked up to Krystal and Jonghyun. “The breakup-” She looked right into Krystal’s eyes. “-was my mistake. I didn’t mean to hurt you this much Krystal so please, don’t overwork yourself so much. Eat, sleep, laugh and smile. Okay?” Amber said with a warm smile, making Krystal just want to hug her right there but Krystal couldn’t. She was scared of being hurt again..she was scared…Amber was giving her hopes…hopes that she doesn’t want to be reeled into believing.

“Well. I apologize for my trespassing. Both of you have a good day.” Amber bowed and walked away, leaving a confused Krystal and dumbfounded Jonghyun behind.  It wasn’t until Amber’s figure disappeared from sight that the silence was broken.

“Krystal. You should-”

“No. Let’s just go inside.” Krystal intervened  and just entered the car again. Jonghyun quickly got into the driver’s side and looked at Krystal unsure.

“Hurry up Jonghyun. I’m fine.” Krystal muttered without looking at Jonghyun and just looked to the side. Jonghyun sighed and complied. As soon as they entered the Hwang-Jung premise, a figure walked out from her hiding place and smiled to herself.

“Perfect.” The figured whispered to herself with a smirk before walking off and taking out her phone.

“Did you take care of Amber?” the voice spoke from the other line.

“Don’t worry about her Sunny.”

“Hyuna. Just do what you have to do and come back immediately.”

Hyuna hung up and started the engine to the car. “Everything falls back to its rightful place. Thanks again Krystal Jung.” Hyuna said with a devious tone.

________________________________________________________________________

 

Taeyeon quickly responded to Sooyoung’s text and couldn’t help but have a bad feeling. She looked at the text message again and knew that it was a serious problem.

Fr: Sooyoung

They have struck again. This time it’s Jung Enterprise but it might be worse. We need to talk as soon as possible.

Taeyeon pondered on what could’ve happened. Hopefully it isn’t something bad but from the urgency in the text, Taeyeon had doubts.

“Tae-tae?”

Taeyeon quickly put her phone away upon hearing Tiffany’s voice. Taeyeon just smiled as Tiffany took a seat next to her on the bench.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany worriedly asked.

Taeyeon shook her head. “Nothing.”

“Liar.”

Taeyeon and Tiffany began to have a staring problem until Taeyeon decided to break it. “Okay..I-I” Taeyeon refused to make eye contact with Tiffany.

“You what?”

“I-I-Hm. Never mind.”

Tiffany was suspicious now. “Kim Taeyeon. Are you hiding something from me?”

“Well…”

“Tell me now!” Tiffany yelled, not caring at the people looking at her. Taeyeon finally made eye contact and frowned.

“Tiffany. I-I was-”

Tiffany crossed her arms across her chest and furrowed her eyebrows. “Spill it.” She said in a cold tone.

“I’m pregnant.” Taeyeon finally uttered as she held onto Tiffany’s hands.

“WHAT?!” Tiffany widened her eyes and exclaimed.

Taeyeon gently nodded her head and scooted closer to Tiffany. “Yes Tiffany. I’m pregnant with your child.”

----------------------------------------------

James looked at the files in front of him and looked at Shin with a suspicious expression. “So in order for us to find the ‘chosen ones’, they must have this tattoo?” James asked he examined a picture of an red and orange phoenix. “Are you serious?”

“No doubt Jae took the last descendants of the Kim, Choi, and Liu under his protection. We have to first find them. And in turn, Jae will unveil himself.” Shin said flatly.

James nodded and leaned back on his chair. “Where is Sunny and her sisters?”

“Out.”

“Find out more about these ‘chosen ones’. I want them as soon as possible.”

-------------------------------------------------

Tiffany was speechless and just confused. She and Taeyeon never even---it can’t be! Right?

“But-but we didn’t even-you know-” Tiffany was flabbergasted and appalled. How could she have gotten Taeyeon pregnant? She doesn’t even remember. Oh my god. She such a horrible person…she Taeyeon!!! And it was at Siwon’s apartment!!! But Taeyeon didn’t say anything….

Tiffany was horrified. She was so ashamed of herself and was going to reprimand herself if not for the loud laughter from the person next to her.

“You—you should’ve seen your face Fany!!” Taeyeon laughed aloud as she held onto her stomach. Tiffany was confused.

Feeling a little sorry for confusing Tiffany, Taeyeon calmed herself down and pinched Tiffany’s nose.

“I was just joking with you. But from the look on your face, I could tell you had erted thoughts huh?” Taeyeon teased. On the other hand, Tiffany just continued staring at Taeyeon. After a few minutes, everything finally sanked in to her head.

“You’re such an !!” Tiffany pushed Taeyeon onto the ground before standing up and walking away, stomping the whole way.

“Ow.” Taeyeon rubbed her hand and but quickly followed Tiffany. “I’m sorry Fany. It was just too tempting. I had to do it okay?”

“Hmph.” Tiffany just kept on walking, ignoring Taeyeon’s explanation. Taeyeon kept on following her though.

“Yah. Fany-ahhh~” Taeyeon finally blocked Tiffany. Tiffany just looked away. “I’m really, really sowwie. Can  you pwease forgive me?” Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon’s face and felt warm upon hearing Taeyeon’s aegyo.

“Your aegyo is disgusting.” Tiffany said before entering a nearby mall but Taeyeon saw the smile that was on Tiffany’s face.

“It was a bad joke and I apologize. I won’t do it again ma’am!!.” Taeyeon did a military pose and saluted. Tiffany just sighed and lightly pushed Taeyeon.

“Yah! You better not. I really thought that you were pregnant.”

Taeyeon just let out a sheepish smile and shrugged. “Next time we should wear protection?” Taeyeon suggested and laughed at her joke but Tiffany only blushed. Taeyeon stopped laughing and observed Tiffany.

“Don’t tell me you actually thought we had-” Taeyeon began but  didn’t finish when she saw Tiffany looking away from her.

Tiffany’s face turned redder and she covered it with her hands. Taeyeon found that sight so adorable that she found herself hugging Tiffany.

“Aw..my poor baby. Don’t worry. You didn’t do anything to me…at least not yet.” Taeyeon let out a chuckle when Tiffany hit her chest with her hand.

Taeyeon loosened the hug and intertwined her hands with Tiffany. “Since I was wrong, you can punish me.”

Tiffany’s face suddenly lit up. “Really? In any way?” She asked for verification.

Taeyeon nodded her head. Suddenly, Tiffany had a evil smirk and she began dragging Taeyeon away toward one of the stores.

Taeyeon regretted her words as soon as she heard Tiffany’s next words. “You will be my personal shopping cart. Let’s go!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*2 days passed-Night at Hwang-Jung Mansion*

Krystal abruptly stood from her seat, enraged. “Embezzlement?! How could that have happened?”

Mrs. Hwang softly rubbed Krystal’s back. “Honey. How much was lost?” She asked her husband. Mr. Hwang took a glance at a gloomy Mr. Jung before answering.

“It seems that after all calculations, its more than 10 million USD.”

“How much exactly?” a apprehensive Tiffany inquired.

“100 million. Enough to destroy our company.” Mr. Jung answered and buried his head in his hands. “I don’t know how this could’ve happened.”

“How’s unnie?” Krystal asked in a softer tone. “She must be taking this hard.”

Mrs. Jung sighed and slumped her shoulders. “She’s a strong woman.”

“But did they find who was responsible for this?” Krystal asked, as she started at her father and mother.

“No. But in the meantime, we must do all we can to sustain our sales and stability.” Mr. Jung answered, a little calmer than Krystal anticipated. She knew something was wrong.

“Dad. What’s wrong?”

“…”

“You’re hiding something. What is it?” Krystal continued questioning. She was getting worried.

Everybody in the room looked at Mr. Jung intently. It was true, he was hiding something. He looked at his family gravely before talking again.

“I was offered a solution today.” He began, still looking at the ground.

Everyone just stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

“What is it?” Mrs. Jung asked softly as she held onto her husband’s hand. Mr. Jung looked at his wife for a second before looking at the others again.

He shook his head. “It doesn’t matter. I’m  not going to take the offer.”

“Kwon Yuri.” Everyone turned to Jessica, who was standing at the bottom of the stairs looking at her father with a cold aura. “She’s the solution isn’t she?” Jessica took a seat next to Tiffany. “She proposed a merger.”

Everyone gasped.

“I met with her before I came home.” Jessica explained. “She offered me the solution to my problem if I marry her.”

“HELL NO!!” Tiffany and Krystal screamed together and stood up. They hated the idea.

“You’re not marrying that scum!” Krystal argued. “She’s evil. In fact, I have a feeling she’s involved in this ordeal.”

Tiffany agreed. “There must be another solution.”

Jessica sighed. “If the police can catch the person responsible for this, then we won’t have to worry anymore. But-” Jessica felt tears forming in her eyes. “-it’s all my fault this happened.”

“No. Jessie don’t think that.” Tiffany hugged her cousin and wiped Jessica’s tears. “The truth will come out. Don’t give up.”

____________________________________________________

Hyuna groaned a bit from the pain she felt on her back after being pushed harshly to the brick wall in a dimly litted alley. She didn’t even have time to regain her balance as an arm held her back.

Hyuna smirked and stared into the eyes of the person in front of her. “Amber. If you want to help your precious Krystal and her family, you better do what I say. Everything I said was the truth.”

But Amber just pushed harder, making it harder for Hyuna to breathe. “You’re helping Kwon Yuri?!”

Hyuna let out a muffled laugh as her breath was being lessened by Amber’s arm pressure.

“I have evidence.”

Amber gradually loosened herself and Hyuna finally held onto as she gasped for air.

“What do you want?” Amber coldly asked, backing away from Hyuna.

Hyuna smiled and fixed her clothes. “As the youngest daughter to Jung Enterprise, Krystal’s life will definitely change for the worse if her sister refuses the merge. And honesty, I want Krystal to suffer.”

Amber sent her a death glare. “Don’t you dare.” She said with uneven breaths, holding in her anger.

Hyuna let out a laugh. “Oh my. Amber. Are you sure you’re a killer?” Hyuna walked up to Amber and put a hand on her shoulder. “Killers don’t feel anything Amber. Did you forget that already?”

Amber just tilted her head to look at Hyuna. “Just tell me what you want.”

Hyuna removed her hand and stared into Amber’s eyes. “You. You’re all I want.”

_______________________________________________________________________

“YOU WHAT?!” Jae yelled and stared at Sooyoung in disbelief. “ Are you sure about this? Have you thought this through?” Donghae held his Uncle down and looked at Sooyoung sternly.

“What about Yoona?” Donghae asked and narrowed her eyes. “Can you trust her Sooyoung?”

Sooyoung firmly nodded her head. “Yes. By doing this, I can help prove their innocence and save the company.”

Jae shook his head. “Even so, you have no evidence to pinpoint the person responsible for this.”

“Don’t worry about that.” Jae and Sooyoung turned to look at Amber who was standing by the balcony doorway.

Amber entered the apartment and sat next to Sooyoung. “The person responsible will be apprehended.”

Donghae sighed. “Both of you are really going to trust Yoona and Hyuna.” He looked at Sooyoung then Amber. “Are you two insane?!”

“They’re right.” Donghae looked at Taeyeon, who had just came out from her room, in shock. He let out a dry laugh.

“Don’t tell me you agree with them?” Donghae asked in amusement. “This is ridiculous. Even if you do what they want, do you guys really think that they will stop hurting the ones you love?”

Taeyeon walked over until she was staring right into Donghae’s eyes. “Yes. I believe so.”

Donghae let out a mocking laugh and turned to Kibum. “What do you think?”

Kibum frowned. He didn’t know how to answer.

“Donghae. Kibum. Dad.” The mentioned people turned to look at Taeyeon. Taeyeon sighed and looked at SooBer before speaking again. The broken and saddened expression on his daughters’ face broke his heart.

“They will stop when we are out of the picture.”

_________________________________________________

*In the meantime…*

Sunny looked over the files that Shin had given her earlier and scrunched her eyebrows in thought when she saw a particular picture.

“This-” Sunny looked closer and widened her eyes before barging out from her room and approached Yoona and Hyuna who were sitting in the living room.

“Look at this.” Sunny handed the paper over to Hyuna while Yoona leaned over to look at it.

“What about it?” Yoona asked in disinterest as she took a bite off her apple. “Looks like a red bird.”

“A phoenix. It’s a phoenix stupid.” Hyuna corrected her sister. She looked at Sunny with a blank expression. “Why are you showing this to us?”

Sunny felt like her heart was going to burst. She can’t believe Yoona and Hyuna don’t know what this meant.

“This picture, as told by Shin, will be on the body of those who are chosen.”

“So?” Yoona and Hyuna said together. Sunny was annoyed now and put a fringe of her hair behind her ear.

“The Fall of the Phoenix.” Sunny continued.

“…”

“We’ve all seen this picture before. But on certain persons.”

Yoona and Hyuna widened their eyes.

“Unbelievable. It can’t be.” Hyuna mumbled as she grabbed the picture away from Sunny’s  hands.

“It is. Only three people have this image imprinted on their skin.” Sunny continued sternly.

Yoona let out a sinister smile. “How interesting.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Amber*

Amber entered her room and took off her clothes, shedding each piece before grabbing her towel and wrapping it around her body. She entered the bathroom and turned the water on. Once she had the perfect temperature, she removed her towel and entered the tub.

As the water hit her skin, she recalled the conversation with Hyuna:

“You really think Kwon Yuri was able to do this alone?”

“You and your sisters are helping her.”

Hyuna smiled proudly. “Of course. But then, each of us hold an evidence that will prove beneficial to the Jungs.”

“How can I trust you?”

“That’s up to you to decided. But if you want to help Krystal Jung, I advise you to just listen to me.”

“…”

“Tell me when you have your answer. Each second is precious.”

Amber punched the wall ahead of her and let out heavy breaths. Hyuna is persistent and this time, she has Amber by her fingertips. Amber felt like crying…she felt like a burden for Krystal.

After the shower and getting dressed, Amber checked her phone and saw that she had missed calls from Krystal. Amber took a breath.

“It’s now or never.” Amber said to herself and called Krystal.

“Amber!” Krystal answered frantically.

“…” Amber didn’t answer. Hearing Krystal’s voice felt good.

“Amber? I-I’m glad you called.” Krystal spoke, her voice low.

“Did you need something?” Amber asked, her voice a little distant. Krystal felt the difference immediately.

“I-I wanted to apologize for my actions the other day.”

“…”

“I shouldn’t have treated you so bad. It’s just that-”

Amber could her Krystal’s voice was quivering a little now. Amber felt guilty for making Krystal feel so low.

“-just that I was so hurt and happy. You were giving me hopes and I-I didn’t want to be disappointed. But afterwards, I thought about it.”

“About what?” Amber asked, not wanting Krystal to feel like she was ignored.

“If you’ve really forgiven me and if all the words you said the last time we met are true, tell me that you’re not lying.”

Amber held her breath.

“Amber? Please tell me the truth.”

“…”

“Amber? Do you still love me?”

Amber took a breath, closed her eyes and clenched her fist.

“No. I don’t love you anymore. And you can just forget what I said the other day. They weren't important.” Amber said in a cold tone. Those words felt like a knife stabbing her heart the moment it slipped out from Amber’s tongue.

“Oh-oh.” Amber knew that Krystal was crying now on the other line. “But-but I don’t feel the same way. I still love you.” Krystal said in one breath as she tried to muffle her tears.

Amber held back her tears, not wanting Krystal to know that she was feeling the complete opposite of her words.

“Let’s not meet again Krystal. Goodbye.” Amber hung up before Krystal could respond. As soon as she hung up, her phone was ringing again. It was Krystal.

Not wanting to give in to the temptation of telling Krystal the truth of how she really felt. Amber put her phone under her pillow and went into the bathroom, where she finally broke down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

*Sooyoung*

Sooyoung laid down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Even with her eyes closed, the conversation earlier with her father continued to play in her mind.

“They will stop when we are out of the picture.” Taeyeon uttered in a grave tone.

“But still, this is your family’s legacy we’re talking about!” Jae exclaimed as he looked at his daughters one by one. “Listen to Donghae and I. Don’t carry on with this plan.”

Sooyoung shook his head. “I don’t know about Taeyeon and Amber. But I am going through with my decision.”

Sooyoung’s thoughts were soon interrupted by her phone. She smiled once she saw the caller id.

“Why aren’t you sleeping yet Sica?”

“Is that how you greet your girlfriend?” Sooyoung giggled upon hearing Jessica’s whine. She could imagine Jessica’s pout.

“Sorry. I’ll do it again.” Sooyoung cleared . “I miss you Sica.”

“Much better. I miss you too.” Jessica said with a clearly happy tone.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m still working hard. I need to make sure the company is functioning well despite the embezzlement.”

Sooyoung could sense the bitter tone at the mention of the last word. “Don’t worry Jessica. Your company will be saved.”

“I hope so. I just feel awful.”

“Hey! I told you it’s not your fault.”

“But still-”

Sooyoung shushed Jessica right away. “No buts! You can trust me when I say everything will be fine.”

“Thanks Sooyoungie. I don’t know what I will do without you.” Jessica said a loving voice and tone. Sooyoung let out a bitter smile.

“Just out of curiousity Sica. What will you do if I’m not by your side anymore?”

“I don’t know.” Jessica answered as she rolled to be on her side. “Because such thoughts never occurred to me Sooyoungie. You’re not leaving my side. You already promised me.”

Sooyoung felt something wet on her hand. There was no leak on the roof so where did this water come from?

“No matter what happens, you have to stay by my side. Always.” Jessica continued. Sooyoung felt another drop of water and this time, she knew exactly what it was. Her tears…she was crying.

“Why are you asking me this question? Are you okay?” Jessica asked, worried.

Sooyoung quickly wiped her tears. “No. I’m fine. It’s getting late. You should sleep.”

Jessica smiled. “Alright. Good night Sooyoung. Come see me tomorrow okay?”

“Okay. Goodnight.”

Once she hung up, a feeling of remorse and sadness swept over Sooyoung.

“I’m sorry Jessica. Forgive me for what I am to do.” Sooyoung said aloud to no one as a tear streamed down her cheeks again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Taeyeon*

Taeyeon wiped the steam on the bathroom mirror and stared at her reflection. Everything was going in a direction that will cause pain in one way or the other and it was not something that she liked at all.

“Sunkyu. I’m scared.” Taeyeon took a breath as she continued looking at her own reflection. “I’m scared of what will happen.”  She spoke again to no one particular.

“You really think you can protect Tiffany?” Sunny taunted as she continued pouring the alcohol in her cup.

“Yes.”

“Oh?” Sunny questioned and then crossed her arms. “Are you aware of the situation with Jung Enterprise?”

“…”

“I take your silence as a yes.  Then you must know that the damage amounts to more than 100 million USD.”

“Sunny. You and you sisters must find something better to do than hurt innocent people.”

“Listen to me Kim Taeyeon. I’m only going to say this once. What is happening to Jung Enterprise will definitely affect Tiffany Hwang too. If Kwon Yuri is able to get the merger with Jessica, she will ruin Hwang Hospital.”

Taeyeon continued to look at Sunny blankly. “That’s not possible.”

Sunny let out a laugh. “How is it not? It’s part of her condition to save Jung Enterprise. You didn’t know that did you?”

Taeyeon gritted her teeths and looked away from Sunny. “As soon as the merger is complete, she will close down Hwang Hospital. That’s the truth.”

“And Tiffany’s father will lose the one thing that he has worked so hard to build and protect.”

“…”

“But more than that, you should be worried about her life.”

Taeyeon glared at Sunny with immense hatred. “Don’t you dare.”

Sunny shrugged. “Why can’t I?”

“Love can’t be forced Sunny. I thought you learned your lesson after what happened with Sunkyu.”

Sunny suddenly slammed her cup down on the table and stood up. “I have evidence that will help you. Make a decision and let me know.”

Taeyeon hit her fist on the sink counter and looked at her reflection again. All she saw was a confused and distorted woman looking back at her. Suddenly, an image of a bloody and lifeless Sunkyu in Taeyeon's arms appeared in Taeyeon's mind.

"NO!!" Heavy breaths was all that can be heard in the bathroom now as Taeyeon covered her face with her hands. “Sun-kyu. Perhaps, I should stop now. I don’t want history to repeat itself with Tiffany.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donghae pinched his temple and looked at his uncle. “Uncle Jae. Does James knows the truth about the ‘Fall of the Phoenix’?”

“Why?” Kibum asked. “The truth behind it is hidden to James. Right Jae?”

Jae looked at Donghae with disheartened eyes and shook his head. “He knows now. His right-hand man Shin has already told him. And if I’m correct, so does Sunny and her sisters.”

Donghae gasped and paced around the room. “What about Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber? Do they know?”

“Know what?” Sooyoung asked from the end of the hallways with a blank expression. “That the keys to the ‘Fall of the Phoenix’ are marked with the image of the legendary bird on their backs?”

Jae and Donghae exchanged looks and when Jae was going to say something, Amber intervened.

“We know. So you don’t have to lie to us.” Amber mumbled seriously.

“And since we’re the ‘chosen ones’-” Jae, Donghae and Kibum turned to look at Taeyeon while Taeyeon just started at them with a stoic expression. “-let’s end this as soon as possible.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmm...nothing more to say. What about you guys??? :D