Mystery

Phoenix Sisters

Another chapter! Just had to update for some reason.lol. Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After 20 minutes, TaeSooBer finally reached Donghae's apartment building. They quickly got off the motorcycles and rushed to Donghae's apartment, sparing no time to wait for the elevator and took the stairs, even though Donghae lived in the 4th floor. For them, running up 4 flights of stairs was nothing.

*Knock Knock*

Donghae got up from his couch and quickly walked over to open the door for TaeSooBer.

"What happened Donghae? What's the emergency?" Amber asked as she and her sisters joined Donghae in the living room. Donghae took a sigh and then the tv.

"Wae? Why are you-" Sooyoung stopped herself when she heard the newscast.

"Approximately around 10pm, 4 corpses were discovered in an alley in Gwangcho neighborhood. As of now, the identities of the victims are unknown but what is known is the brutality behind the murders."

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber looked at Donghae in confusion. They didn't know why they  had to watch this news or why it was so important. Donghae  only shook his head before speaking. "Keep watching. There's more." TaeSooBer turned their attention once again to the news and this time, a very familiar man was speaking and answering the reporters' questions.

"Officer Choi, what do you think could've happened or who could've done such a horrific act?" One reporter blurted out from the crowd of reporters.

"As of now, the Seoul Police have no leads as to what could have happened to have lead to their deaths and as to the identity of the victims, it is still unknown. One last question...."

"Who do you think could've done it? Could it be the Night Ghouls?" At the mention of the name that the public had labeled them, TaeSooBer only got more intrigued and anxious. It is a fact that  they were considered one of the most dangerous and most wanted criminals in Seoul. 

"As of now the infamous Night Ghouls are our primary suspects in this case. I'm sure all of you are aware of who the Night Ghouls are and their killing spree. Nonetheless, we, the Seoul Police, will try our best to bring justice. That's all for now. Thank You."

Donhae then turned off the tv and turned to look at TaeSooBer. He didn't know what was running in thier minds, but he was sure that they are probably having the same thoughts as he did.  For a few minutes, it was quiet.

"WHAT THE ?!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!" Amber slammed her fist onto the table and was huffing from anger. Sooyoung and Taeyeon looked at Amber intently before sighing.

"Amber, just calm down. Taeyeon calmly said as she got up and rubbed Amber's shoulders, hoping that will relieve Amber of some anger.

"Tae. We can't be calm. Do you have any idea of what this can do to us? WE'RE INNOCENT!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she stood up.

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung and back to Amber before sitting down again. Taeyeon clasped her hands together, put it on her chin and closed her eyes. Donghae knew he had to say something as well. He cant have angry SooBer leave his house. Who knows what they will do?

"Sooyoung and Amber, both of you need to take a chill pill and cool down. Whatever happened has happened. Now all we have to do is be more careful and find out who committed the murders. That's the only way to clear your names."

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was quiet. She was deep in thoughts. Sooyoung and Amber took a sigh before calming down.

"Sorry. But the police can't just assume that Night Ghouls are responsible..." Amber stated as she layed down on the carpet. "...even if we are considered "criminals" in their book."

"It doesn't matter. We have to find out who committed those murders. And I'm sure that with Siwon in the case, it will be more complicated." Sooyoung reasoned as she paced back and forth in the living room. Donghae listened to SooBer's opinions, and knew that they were right. Siwon has a very strong will to capture and arrest the Night Ghouls.

"We need to see those corpses." Donghae, Sooyoung and Amber turned  to look at Taeyeon, who stared back intently. SooBer were unsure about Taeyeon's suggestion.

"That's a bad idea Tae. You might get caught." Donghae warned. " The police are probably expecting you guys."

"Taeyeon's right. We need to examine the body ourselves. Perhaps, the marks on the body can tell us more than what the cops know." Amber finally agreed and then looked at Donghae. Donghae did not change his mind.

"NO! It's dangerous for-" However, before Donghae can finish his statement, he got cut off by Sooyoung.

"Dangerous is something that we have gotten accustomed to Donghae..." Sooyoung spoke softly but with a hint of seriousness "...we need to see those bodies. We need to know who we are dealing with."

Donghae took a seat on his chair and rubbed his temples. He knew that he can't say anything to stop TaeSooBer once they have unanimously agreed so he reluctantly agreed.

"But Amber can't go." Amber gave Donghae a "what the hell" look.

"She has a mission. Right?" Sooyoung answered for Donghae and Amber's mouth formed an 'o' but it immediately changed to a frown.

Donghae nodded his head before turning his attention back to Amber. "Amber, I told you about your mission the other day. Don't pretend to not remember."

"The mission can wait. I'm not letting Tae and Soo go by themselves." Amber adamantly stated. She remembered alright, but Amber didn't think Sooyoung and Taeyeon would know.

"Amber, you need to complete the mission. Don't worry about Soo and I." Taeyeon reasoned. However, Amber still refused to agree. If the police are involved, something bad could happen.

"Amber, just complete your mission. Taeyeon and I will be sure to stay in contact with you." Sooyoung added. As much as Amber hated the idea, she reluctantly agreed. Honestly, Amber knows that the mission is important but family comes first.

"Fine. But-" Amber stopped herself and made sure looked at Donghae and her sisters before continuing. "...I want both of you to stay in contact with me the whole time. I'll come to the morgue as soon as I complete the mission. Understood?" Taeyeon and Sooyoung agreed to Amber's conditions since it made sense.  They always have eachother's back.

"Okay! I guess I'll have to help out too then." Donghae said with smile and stood up from the couch. "I guess I'll be doing the usual?" However Donghae didn't even wait for an answer and clapped his hands together before answering his own question. "Alright! Then we need to prepare for tomorrow night."

* Meanwhile in Seoul Police Dept.*

Jonghyun kept staring at Siwon, who was really focused on the recent murder case. He just couldn't believe how hardworking Siwon is when it comes to theNight Ghouls.

"If you don't stop staring, I'm going to make you run some laps." Siwon threatened not even looking at Jonghyun. Jonghyun scoffed and mumbled incoherent words before taking a seat in Heechul's chair. He then began to go play around with Heechul's pens.

"Siwon, maybe you should get some rest. It's already 1am in the morning." Jonghyun suggested as he yawned. He didn't want to leave his friend since Heechul had to leave early for his date with Donghae. Sometimes Jonghyun just wishes he had a girlfriend so he doesn't have to work all the time.

"I'll go home after some more reviewing. For some reason, this case just seems different." Siwon commented as he flipped through reports and pictures taken at the crime scene. "These Night Ghouls are killers with no sense of humanity."

"Or maybe, the Night Ghouls aren't the ones who committed the murders from tonight." Jonghyun answered, which finally got Siwon's attention. Jonghyun noticed this. "Guess that got your attention huh?" Jonghyun asked as he balanced a pencil on his finger.

"Why do you think that?" Other than Donghae, no one else has defended the Night Ghouls.

Jonghyun sensed the curiousity and seriousness in Siwon's voice and knew he had to say something to save himself. "Don't jump to conclusions Siwon. I'm neither defending them nor saying that they're innocent. But it doesn't make sense that the Night Ghouls would kill 4 people in a neighborhood that is frequently patrolled by the police. Besides, the police station is near Gwangcho neighborhood. Why would they want to risk getting caught?"

Siwon carefully and intently listened to Jonghyun's reasoning. And the worse part of it was that Jonghyun wasn't entirely wrong.  Based on the information and reports gathered in regards to the Night Ghouls, most of their victims were also wanted criminals.  However, Siwon knew that killers were killers. Nothing can change that fact.

"It doesn't matter Jonghyun. Once a killer, always a killer. I highly doubt that these Night Ghouls are any better than the criminals that are rotting in prison right now." Siwon strongly asserted. Jonghyun only shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess. But I just don't think that the Night Ghouls are all bad. I mean, they help us by annihilating some of the criminals that we can't even apprehend." Siwon slammed his folder shut, which scared the out of Jonghyun.

"Yah! Next time give me a heads up before doing something like that. We're the only ones left here." Jonghyun angrily shouted at Siwon as he rubbed his chest to calm down.

Siwon just rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Let's go home. I've had enough for tonight." Jonghyun's anger immediately subsided and got replaced with happiness.

"Yes! Now I can go home and sleep on my nice, comfty, warm and soft bed." He said dreamingly, causing Siwon to flick his head.

"Aish! What's your problem?" Jonghyun angrily asked as he pushed Siwon hard. Siwon chuckled at Jonghyun's actions.

"I don't know maybe I did it because you, Heechul, and I all share an apartment and you have a spare key. So you could've went home first." Siwon explained, as he unlocked his car and went in first.

"Well, I didn't want to go home first since I'm such a good roomate and friend. It's not like I have anything better to do. Might as well stay and make your boring life more interesting." Jonghyun commented with a smirk. He needs to lighten up the mood.

Siwon gave Jonghyun a small smile and started the car. As they drove home, Siwon and Jonghyun talked about random things.

"Hey Siwon...there's something that I've been curious about." Siwon looked at Jonghyun for a split second before looking back to the road.

"What do you want to know now Jong?"

"Why do you dislike Taeyeon?" Siwon's smile quickly disappeared. Jonghyun saw this and knew he had to say something before Siwon gets angry at him.

"Don't be mad ok? I just wanted to know. But you don't have to tell me." Jonghyun said with a nervous smile and looked out the window. It was complete silence until they finally reached their apartment complex.

"I'm not mad. I'll tell you another time." Siwon stated and gave Jonghyun a reassuring smile when they made their way back to their apartment. "I'm tired."

"Okay. You can tell me whenever you want to. No rush." Jonghyun replied, as they entered the elevator. "But Taeyeon's pretty hot." Siwon lightly punched Jonghyun.

"Yah! You have Krystal." Siwon said with a chuckle. "And Taeyeon is not hot at all. What do you see in that girl? Are you blind?" Siwon asked in irritation and rolled his eyes. Jonghyun sensed Siwon's moodiness.

"I'm just joking. Geez. Anyhow, Krystal doesn't seem to like me in a romantic way. And with that Amber tomboy in the picture, I'll have even more difficulty in making Krystal fall in love with me." Jonghyun said with an exasperated sigh in addition to an angry huff of breath.

"If you feel that way then move on." Siwon mumbled with his eyes closed as  he laid down on his bed. Jonghyung was laying next to him looking at the ceiling.

"No. Krystal is the only woman who has ever rejected me. I like her and I'm determined to make her fall for me. I'll fight for her, even with that tomboy in the picture." Jonghyun confidently proclaimed and turned to face Siwon with a smirk. Siwon only nodded his head.

"If you say so. But don't do anything to hurt Krystal. She's a good woman. You hear?" Siwon warned. Jonghyun  nodded his head.

"Yes sir!  So what's with you and Tiffany?" Siwon removed his arm that was resting on his forehead and opened his eyes at the mention of Tiffany. He then recalled the events from the Chios Cinema.

"Tiffany will come back to me. I won't let anyone else have her." Siwon said sternly and quickly got up to shower. "I'm going to wash up and go sleep. Get out of my room and wash up too Jong." Jonghyun got up and went to his room, leaving Siwon alone. Siwon undressed himself and the shower. The fresh and warm touch of the water on his skin felt good and relaxing. After a long day of work, a shower and sleep seems to be the best thing to have.

After 20 minutes of showering and dressing up, Siwon layed down on his bed and turned off his light.

"Tiffany...you're mine." Siwon thought to himself before closing his eyes.

At the same time, Jonghyun was also laying down in his bed. He couldn't sleep because he kept thinking about Krystal.

"Krystal Jung...I won't let anyone else get you." Jonghyun thought to himself before closing his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Incheon Airport*

A figure can be seen walking out from the doors of the airport followed by some men. The figure's eyes was hidden by a pair of shades and based on the clothes, was a business professional. As soon as the figure exited the airport, a car came by to pick the figure up.

"Did you find her?" That was the first question that the person asked upon settling in the car. It was almost morning in Seoul but the person can care less. There were more important matters at hand.

The driver shook his head. "Sorry. But it seems that she is no longer living in Jeollabuk-do. We are trying our best to find her." The driver reassured as he returned to focusing on the road.

"It's okay. It has been a year. However she does have really important family here in Seoul. I have a strong feeling that she's residing with them now." The passenger in teh car then took off the sunglasses and looked out the window.

"Ne! I'll look into it as soon as possible." The passenger slightly nodded his/her head and leaned his/her head back to take a brief nap. "I'm coming back for you...Jessica."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow...another character! excited! Who do you guys the mystery person is? What will TaeSoo find at the morgue? :/ Next up: Action filled (at least ill try to make it action packed. lol) and couple moments. don't forget to comment. :D