Initiate

Phoenix Sisters

Hello :D Hope didn't keep you all waiting too long. Been going through some rough things over the months...sorry. But I'm back and I hope that all of my readers are still with me. Thank you for all the support.

oh...and do listen to the song...worthy of your time. :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Leave me alone!" Krystal yelled before standing up and walking away. Jonghyun followed her and walked by her side to keep up. He had come earlier that day because he heard that Amber and Krystal had broken up. And apparently, from what he heard from Heechul, Krystal was not okay at all.

"Krystal. You need to take a break. Do you really think keeping yourself busy will help?" Jonghyun asked and stood right in front of the fuming and irritated little Jung. Krystal glared at Jonghyun and pushed him aside. 

"I don't need your advice Jonghyun. I'm perfectly fine by myself. I dont' need Amber." Krystal bluntly declared before walking off again. Jonghyun ruffled his hair in irritation before running up to catch up the Krystal again. 

"Then let me take you home." 

"Jonghyun I don't need-."

Jonghyun quickly took Krystal books and held it for her. "I won't bother you. Just let me take you home. That's all Krystal. I'm worried."

Krystal knew that there was no point in trying to refuse his offer because Jonghyun is a persistent guy. She took one last glance at his determined face and earnest eyes before nodding. "Fine. Thank you then."

Jonghyun just smiled, glad that Krystal agreed. If he can't help her forget Amber, then at least he can do small things for her to ease some difficulties.

---------------------

*TaeSooBer's Apartment*

"I want to meet your girlfriends." 

TaeSooBer almost choked on their breakfast when they heard their father's request. Their dad looked at them with an amused expression. "What? Did I say something wrong?"

Amber wiped with her napkin before answering. "Dad. Why do you want to meet them?" 

Kibum was as confused as TaeSooBer. "This is quite strange Uncle Jae. Are you bored or something?"

Taeyeon quickly added to Kibum's statement. "Dad. If you're bored, we can take you to the amusement park or-"

"Yah. Do you guys think I'm a little kid or something?" He asked. He looked at his daughters with a small smile as he put his palms under his chin. Looking really...really childish.

TaeSooBer looked at eachother before uttering a "yes" together. 

Their dad just folded the newspaper and placed it on the table. "Unfortunately, I'm not a kid." He said with pout, making the rest chuckle. "I just want to meet the woman who makes all of you happy." 

"I broke up with my girlfriend." Amber admitted, making the room go silent. Taeyeon and Sooyoung got a little uncomfortable and saw their dad frowning. Meanwhile, Amber just continued to eat her cereal like nothing happened. "So yeah. You can meet with Jessica and Tiffany though."

However, their dad just let out a cough and motioned for TaeSoo and Kibum to leave him and Amber alone. Taeyeon and Sooyoung didn't want to because they knew how sensitive Amber can be when it comes to Krystal.

"Taeyeon. Sooyoung. Leave us alone." Their father said in a resolute tone, without looking at TaeSoo. Upon seeing the hesitancy in his two daughters eyes, he repeated himself, this time in a calmer and more gentle tone. "I want to talk to Amber alone."

Kibum held Taeyeon and Sooyoung's shoulders, turned them around and led them out from the kitchen. Once Jae was sure that he and Amber were alone, he stood up and sat in the chair next to Amber. 

"What happened honey?"

"Nothing. Just a couple spat." Amber said nonchalantly and shrugged it off. 

"Oh? And why did this couple spat happen?" 

Amber sighed and looked at her dad. Even though her dad was silent and smiled at her, Amber knew her dad better. He would wait until she tell him. He won't push it, but he knows that it was not a couple spat. Upon seeing the frown upon Amber's face, Jae pushed the bowl of cereal away and rubbed Amber's back soothingly.

Amber took a deep breath before telling her father everything that had happened and how it led to the break-up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung was waiting in the lobby of Jung Enterprise. She and Taeyeon had went their seperate ways after Kibum told them that they should give Amber and their father privacy. Although they were hesitant, both of them knew that Amber needed as much comfort from their father as she did from them.

Sooyoung was swaying back and forth as she kept looking for a familiar blonde.She had called the blonde earlier about wanting to meet for a while because she was missing her girlfriend so much.

*Flashback*

After bading goodbye to Taeyeon, Sooyoung tried to think of something to do since she couldn't go back to the apartment for awhile. Suddenly, she hit the side of her head lightly. 

"Dumbo! What's better than seeing Jessica?!" Sooyoung grinned at her wonderful idea and called Jessica. 

"Hi Sooyoung." Sooyoung smiled upon hearing the angelic voice of her lover.Sooyoung could imagine Jessica smiling too.

"Hey Sica. I miss you."

Jessica giggled on the other line before speaking again. "I miss you too Sooyoungie. But it's so early in the morning. Aren't you busy at the bakery?"

Sooyoung then told Jessica what had happened with Amber and her dad. 

"Oh. Well, would you like to come meet me here then? We can eat lunch together later."

"Okay!" Sooyoung quickly agreed, making Jessica giggle again. 

"Wow. You must really miss me."

Sooyoung fervently nodded her head like a child even though Jessica couldn't see her. "So much."

"Okay. I have a meeting to attend to in a few minutes so I'll see you in a couple of hours okay?"

"Sure. See you later. Love you." Sooyoung answered and can sense how Jessica was struggling on how to end the conversation. Jessica was still having trouble with admitting her feelings.

"Sica. It's fine. I know you love me too. Now go work and I'll see you later."

Sooyoung smiled upon hearing Jessica's small sigh and could imagine her girlfriend's blushing cheeks. "Okay. Bye Sooyoungie."

*End of flashback*

Sooyoung smiled upon remembering the conversation with Jessica. Jessica was so many things: She was cold, moody, easily gets jealousy, workaholic yet at the same time, so warm, clingy, loving,caring but in the end, she was just-

Sooyoung let out a small laughter before uttering the last word aloud to herself. "...just my Jessica Jung Sooyeon." Sooyoung always a warm feeling when she's with Jessica.  Jessica has slowly become a part of Sooyoung and it felt wonderful and so, so heartwarming.

A sudden text disrupted Sooyoung's reverie. It was then that Sooyoung realized the time. It was 12:12 pm.

Fr: Sica 

Sorry Sooyoungie. Had an emergency meeting. Meet me at Bliss Italian restaurant. Sorry.

Sooyoung wasn't mad or upset. She knew that Jessica had responsiblities as the next CEO and knew that Jessica wouldn't ditch her on purpose.

Meanwhile...

Jessica, Mr. Jung and all the board directors were getting themselves settled in their seats waiting for the emergency meeting to begin. Jessica took her seat next to her father. "Why the sudden meeting dad?"

However, Jessica could sense that something was wrong. Her dad didn't answer her and she knew it wasn't because he didn't hear her.

"Dad. What's-"

Mr. Jung turned around and gave her a weak smile. "You know soon Jessica. Just wait."

Jessica was going to probe deeper but got interrupted by a sound. She had received a text message.

Fr: Sooyoungie

It's okay Sica. I'll see you later then. Miss you. :D

Jessica smiled upon reading her girlfriend's text. It made her feel happy...and she was quite amazed by how such little words can make her feel so relieved. But Jessica quickly put her phone away once she heard her dad make a statement, starting the meeting.

"I'm sure that most of you here are curious as to why I had called this emergency meeting." Mr. Jung said confidently and made eye contact with all of his directors. "I'm sure you guys have heard about our recent project in Japan right now."

Jessica listened. Not sure where this was going but if it involved their current multi-million project, it was not a trivial matter. Jessica had a really bad feeling. Not being able to sit still due to her anxiety, Jessica stood up and looked at her dad with uncertainty. 

"CEO Jung. Is there a problem with our project?" Jessica asked her father. She had to retain formality with her father, despite being his daughter. It was professional.

Listen to Various Artists-Change (Nice Guy ost) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7-1b8SODk (listen until you get to 1:41 and replay to the beginning until you see the dotted lines in the story)

Mr. Jung force a smile and returned to focus on his board of directors. " I have recently been informed that embezzlement has been taking place in my company."

The silence was suddenly broken and the atmosphere became one of gasps, shock and anger. The fate of Jung Enterprise flashed before their eyes.

"How could that have happen?!" Jessica exclaimed, quite shocked by the sudden news. Everything had been going well. She made sure to overlook every detail to avoid such problems.

"CEO JUNG! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!"

"THIS IS ABSURD!"

"WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW?!!"

The meeting was getting out of hand and Mr. Jung tried his best to calm down the board directors. But to no avail. Everyone became concerned about the company, their stocks, and their careers. 

"BE QUIET!!!" 

Everyone looked toward Jessica, who had her palms on the table and her eyes, full of fiery, looking at everyone. "Please calm down so we can discuss how to solve this problem." Jessica then looked to her dad. "What else is happening?"

Mr. Jung regained his composure, shaking a little. "Right now, the police are still investigating the case. And there have been no leads. But-"

"But what CEO JUNG?!!" One of the board directors yelled. Jessica glared at the man, making him quickly regretting his words and sitting down.

Mr. Jung took a deep breath before continuing. "The embezzlement funds are directly connected to our current project in Japan. The stolen money was meant for paying the companies and workers that we have a contract with. Our company will be put to the test now. If we fail to acquire the money, our company will pay the price."

"How much?" Jessica asked, not looking at her father. Her father refused to answer and looked away.

"How much?!!" Jessica yelled, going in front of her father and looking into his eyes. "Tell me."

"10 million USD." CEO Jung said with a dejected face. (A/N: Don't know how much 10 million is in Korean money. sorry.)

Jessica's mind went blank. She slowly stepped backward and took a seat on her chair. How could this had happened?

"Everyone." Jessica finally spoke after a few minutes of silence. "Please return to work. I will look for a solution. Any news I shall inform all of you as soon as possible."

As soon as everyone walked out, Jessica quickly left as well, not being able to look at her father. 

(At this point, skip to 1:45 of the same song and listen from then on. Thank you.)

As soon as she was in her office and had locked the door, Jessica broke down. She was just too...disappointed and angry...in herself. How could she have let this happen? She needs to solve this problem but how can she? Where will she get that much money in so little time? What is she suppose to do? She doesn't know. She has let her workers down, her company down...and...and her family. 

--------------------------------------------

Sooyoung drove fast, ignoring the honks and angry remarks of drivers and pedestrians. Sooyoung had only one goal in mind: Jessica. After her earlier encounter with Yoona, Sooyoung made a dash for her motorcycle and knew she had to get to Jessica. As Sooyoung sped past the streets of Seoul, not caring about law enforcement, she remembered her earlier meeting with Yoona.

*Flashback*

Sooyoung had arrived at the agreed restaurant and was assisted right away. As Sooyoung was looking through the menu thinking about what to eat and about Jessica's sudden meeting, she heard the chair in front of her being pulled out. Sooyoung smiled thinking it was Jessica but the smile was quickly replaced with a frown and glare.

"Yoona!" She raised her voice a little. "What do you want?"

Yoona merely smiled. "Hello to you too SooShin."

Sooyoung scoffed and ignored Yoona. "I'm in no mood to play with you Yoona. I have a date here with Jessica."

"Are you two ready to order?" the waiter asked as she got out her pad and pencil. But Sooyoung just continued staring at Yoona with dislike. The waitress was getting quite annoyed when Yoona and Sooyoung didn't say anything. What rude customers?! she thought to herself. Just when she was about to leave, Yoona finally spoke. 

"Oh. I'm sorry beautiful. I'll just have your soup of the day and a cup of water. But I don't think my friend there-" She pointed to Sooyoung. "-wants to eat with me so you can just leave her out." The waitress blushed a bit at Yoona's statement and looked at Sooyoung, waiting for her anwer.

"I'm good. I was just about to leave." The waitress bowed and left. As soon as she left, Sooyoung stood up to leave as well. 

"Whoa there Sooshin! Don't you want to stick around and listen to some music with me?" Yoona looked at Sooyoung with a smirk as she held up a pair of earphones in her hand. 

"No." Sooyoung bluntly answered. "You and I always had different taste in music."

Yoona just laughed at Sooyoung's reply. "In fact we always did. But from what I remember, we had alot of differences with just one similiarity. And I'm sure you know who that was."

Sooyoung just continued looking at Yoona intently. 

"But this time Sooyoung, I think you should sit down and listen to this music I have. Your girlfriend is one of the major players."

Sooyoung didn't even think twice before taking the small device and earphones from Yoona. Yoona doesn't lie...and Sooyoung wasn't going to risk Jessica's life with her own dislike toward Yoona.

"The meeting has just begun so don't worry, you didn't miss out on anything." Yoona said calmly as she stirred her soup that just arrived. Yoona enjoyed every second she saw Sooyoung's face distort into one with disbelief, anger and concern. She especially love it when  she saw Sooyoung's eyes...eyes that told Yoona how much Sooyoung wanted to kill her. 

Yoona didn't mind at all though. Not one bit. 

"So now that you know what is happening with your lover, what will you do Sooyoung?" Yoona asked with a mocking smile. "I purposely put a listening device in the meeting room for you to hear such great news that has fallen on your precious Jessica. So...what will you do?"

"Kill you." Sooyoung whispered in a dangerous tone as soon as she took the earphones off and pushed the device away from her.

*End of flashback*

Once reaching Jung Enterprise, Sooyoung ran into the building. She took the elevator and impatiently waited for it to reach Jessica's floor. She knew that Jessica had not left because workers at the reception desk informed her that they did not see her leaving. Sooyoung was Jessica girlfriend so knew that it was safe to tell her Jessica's whereabouts. 

"Ms.Jung has not left her office since the meeting in the afternoon." The secretary Yin told Sooyoung when the tall girl had arrived. "She's been in there for the past hour."

"Oh. What about CEO Jung?" Sooyoung asked. 

Secretary Yin shook her head and looked at the door in pity. " Ms. Jung refused to meet wiht her father. She locked the door and since then, did not come out. Do you think that she is alright?"

Sooyoung smiled. "I'm not sure. But whatever the meeting was about, it must have been serious." 

Secretary Yin looked at Sooyoung in curiousity. "Did you perhaps...hear about what had happened?"

"No. Why?" Sooyoung lied. If it wasn't for Yoona, she would have never found out. "But if something bad did happen, I'm here now so I'll make sure Jessica is back to her cold, angry and moody self." Sooyoung joked. Ms. Yin chuckled but knew Sooyoung had good intentions. 

"Thanks Sooyoung.  I'll be going for my lunch now so good luck."

"Okay. Thanks." 

Once Ms. Yin disappeared, Sooyoung took a deep breath. She has to pretend that she doesn't know anything. So Sooyoung put on a smle and knocked on the door. 

" Jessica. It's me Sooyoung. Can I come in?"

Sooyoung could hear small movements inside the room and then a shout. "Yeah! Give me a minute!" 

After awhile, Sooyoung heard Jessica again. "Okay. Come in!"

Listen Jessica Jung: That One Person, You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0nDNuEzYHw  (Just wanted to put this song...my new addiction. lol)

Sooyoung entered the room wiht a smile and closed the door. "Hi Sica honey." Sooyoung said and spread her arms outward.

Jessica smiled back and quickly walked into Sooyoung's welcoming arms and hugged her tight.

"Hey. I heard you locked yourself in here for the past hour. Did something happen at the meeting?"

Jessica just shook her head. "No. I'm sorry for missing our lunch date." Sooyoung loosened the hug a bit and lifted Jessica's face. Sooyoung frowned at the sight of Jessica's red and puffy eyes. "It's fine. But why were you crying?"

"Nothing. I wasn't crying. Something got in my eyes." Jessica lied and forced a smile for Sooyoung. Sooyoung sighed and led Jessica to sit on the sofa. 

"Don't lie to me Sica. What happened? Tell me. I'm here for you." Sooyoung said lovingly and cupped Jessica's right cheek with her hand. "I'm won't judge you and I won't say anything. I'll just listen."

Jessica gave in. Sooyoung has always been there for her and Sooyoung wasn't going to let this be an exception. Jessica knew that much. 

After telling Sooyoung about the embezzlement in the company and how it may effect her overseas project in Japan, Jessica began crying again. 

Sooyoung pulled Jessica in for a hug.

"It's all my fault Sooyoung. I was too careless. I should have been more careful! I let my family down!! I let my dad down!! I'm pathetic and-" 

Sooyoung quickly covered Jessica's mouth, preventing her from saying anything more negative. Sooyoung wiped Jessica's tears and smiled. 

"Why would my intelligent, confident, kind, and y girlfriend think that she is pathetic?" Sooyoung commented. Jessica just covered her face with her hands.

"Uh-uh." Sooyoung swayed a finger back and forth and pulled Jessica's hands from her face. " The only place your hands belong are around your Sooyoungie, hugging me tight." Sooyoung pouted.

Jessica laughed inbetween her sobs. Sooyoung smiled. MIssion to make Jessica laugh: Success!

Sooyoung slowly leaned in and kissed Jessica's eyes, catching the blonde by surprise. No one has kissed her eyes before. Sooyoung knew that Jessica was surprised. "I want you to stop crying now. You are not pathetic. It was not your fault. And you have not shamed your family."

"What about you?" Jessica lowered her head and asked in a shaking voice. "Do you regret having me as a girlfriend now that this happened?"

"Are you kidding me?!" Sooyoung's sudden raised voice forced Jessica to raise her head. So Sooyoung was disappointed in her as well? Jessica felt her tears forming again.

"Jessica. I don't want to ever hear that from you again." Sooyoung said solemnly as she looked into Jessica's eyes. When Jessica still seemed hesitant, Sooyoung leaned in and kissed her deeply and gently.

"I love you so don't say those words to me." Jessica sensed the hurt in Sooyoung's tone. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." 

Sooyoung gave her a warming smile. "Forgiven. Just don't say those words again."

Jessica nodded cutely. "Okay." Jessica then hugged Sooyoung tightly again. Sooyoung never fails to make her feel love. Despite Jessica's moody personalities and jealousy issues, Sooyoung always assured her that she's the only one for her.

Sooyoung hugged Jessica back tightly. "From now on, you need to show who's boss and I believe in you Jessica. In fact, I'm sure none of your family would even think badly of you. So don't worry okay?"

Jessica nodded her head against Sooyoung's chest and then snuggled for more comfort, making Sooyoung giggle a bit. 

Mission to make Jessica feel loved: Success!!

-------------------

"Sooyoung." Jessica spoke in a low voice. She was starting to fall asleep in Sooyoung's hug.

"Hm."

"You are that one person for me so you have to always stay by my side."

Sooyoung's smile quickly disappeared.

"Do you hear me Sooyoung?" Jessica asked again, and was going to raise her head to look at Sooyoung but Sooyoung stopped her and gently rubbed her hand down Jessica's hair.

"Go to sleep Sica. You must be tired."

Jessica smiled against Sooyoung's chest and closed her eyes. As Sooyoung held Jessica, she recalled her conversation with Yoona once again.

*Flashback*

"Kill me?" Yoona reconfirmed. "You know that isn't possible."

"Try me." Sooyoung replied, clenching her fists tightly under the table. 

Yoona wiped with the napkin and looked at Sooyoung blankly. "We'll both be killed then if that happens."

Sooyoung just kept quiet.

 

Yoona then took out a yellow folder and slid it toward Sooyoung. "Jessica Jung will not be able to resolve this problem. Believe me. This folder has everything about the financial crisis that the Jungs are experiencing. It will destroy Jugn Enterprise."

"You're helping Kwon Yuri."  Sooyoung said with disdain. "I should've known."

Yoona ignored that comment. "If it gets me what I want, I'll settle for that worthless human being."

"You're not so valuable yourself Yoona." Sooyoung countered emotionlessly. "I'm not making any deals with you." After those words, Sooyoung stood up and was just about to leave until she got stopped by Yoona's next words.

"How much do you love Jessica?" Yoona questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"..."

Yoona smirked. "As much as Seohyun?" 

Sooyoung flashed Yoona a glared of immense hatred at that moment. Yoona clapped her hands. 

"Bravo! I got an answer. Although not from you but I now know." Yoona then stood up and stared at Sooyoung, who was refraining herself from losing control.

"I can help you Sooyoung."

*End of flashback*

Sooyoung looked at Jessica who was peacefully sleeping on the sofa. Sooyoung ran her finger's softly down the contours of Jessica's face. She then leaned down and kissed Jessica's forehead. 

Sooyoung got out her cellphone and texted Amber and Taeyeon. She had already told Ms. Yin that Jessica was resting.

Sooyoung was going to leave but-

*Beep Beep*

Fr: Amber

You have my back Soo. I'll see you later at home.

 

Fr: Taeyeon

Looks like it must be serious. But I will help in any way I can. 

 

Sooyoung put her phone away and took one last glance at Jessica before closing the door.  Once outside, Sooyoung got on her motorcycle, put on her helmet, and left the place to get home as soon as possible. Sooyoung now has another mission:

 

Mission to protect Jessica: Initiated

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Geez..this was a long chapter. Hopefully it makes up for my long time to update. All those Soosica shippers out there...are you ready?!! for some drama??!! Are all of you ready?!!! lol...don't worry. Taeny and Kryber soon to come. Don't forget to comment.

Love Jessica's song for Dating Cyrano Agency!!!!  :D :D