Taking a Chance

Phoenix Sisters

On the same night, Sooyoung and Amber arrived back in the apartment and saw Taeyeon watching t.v.

 

“You guys are home? Go freshen up and sleep.” Taeyeon told her sisters, not even looking away from the television.  Sooyoung and Amber looked at eachother and then went to join Taeyeon on the couch.

 

Sooyoung snatched the remote from Taeyeon and turned off the tv.

 

“Yah! I was watching that!” Taeyeon angrily yelled as she tried to snatch the control back from Sooyoung.  Unfortunately, Sooyoung’s arm was too long so Taeyeon was forced to stop. Amber grabbed Taeyeon to calm her down.

 

“Taeyeon. We need to talk.” Taeyeon just looked at Amber and then heaved a sigh.

 

“Great…I can’t wait to have another talk about family, politeness, responsibility, etc.” Taeyeon sarcastically answered. Sooyoung shook her head and then put the remote away from Taeyeon.

 

“No. This time its different.” Amber retorted with a serious tone. Taeyeon looked at her with a puzzled expression.

 

“Its about Tiffany.” The moment Taeyeon heard Tiffany’s name, she proceeded to go to her room but was stopped by her sisters. Taeyeon tried to shake her arm away from their grips.

 

“Let go! I don’t want to hear it.” Taeyeon warned without looking at SooBer. SooBer reluctantly let go. But they made sure to block Taeyeon’s way.

 

“Taeyeon. Why are you so harsh to Tiffany?” Amber inquired. “She really wants to go out on a date with you.”

 

“Yeah right. She thinks I’m easy.” Taeyeon challenged back, staring at her sisters as she spoke. “ She said so herself that she has never been rejected. I am the first to have rejected her.”

 

Sooyoung sighed before trying to calm Taeyeon down. “I know Tae. I was there and I heard. But she was being sincere. She was just shocked. That’s all.” Taeyeon quickly diverted her attention to Sooyoung.

 

“Sincere?! Shocked?! I don’t believe it.” Taeyeon admitted with a scoff as she took a seat on the couch. Taeyeon don’t know what to do anymore. Tiffany said so herself that rejection is new to her.

 

Amber had enough of Taeyeon’s stubbornness. “You like her Taeyeon.” Sooyoung nodded her head in agreement.

 

“NO!!! I DON’T!!!” Taeyeon began to shake her head as she held it in between her hands. “I can’t like her! It can’t happen.” Taeyeon mumbled lowly to herself.

 

“You can’t stop it Taeyeon.” Sooyoung reasoned as she patted Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

Taeyeon stopped her actions and glanced at her sisters. “It can’t happen…” Taeyeon stated in a firm and determined tone.

 

Amber had enough. Even as the youngest one, she knew when she has hit her limits.

 

“Fine! Then don’t. Continue treating her they way you are right now. But let me tell you this…she likes you.” Taeyeon just listened to Amber.

 

“Taeyeon. Its true. Tiffany does like you. Maybe you should give her a chance?” Sooyoung said in a gentle tone, knowing how sensitive Taeyeon can be when it comes to relationships. Sooyoung understands it all too well.

 

Taeyeon just stayed silent. Amber and Sooyoung knew that that no matter what they say or do, in the end, its all up to Taeyeon. So they decided to leave Taeyeon alone to think.

 

“Taeyeon…” Taeyeon looked up to see a worried look on Amber. “…you’re hurting yourself by your actions.”

 

“You’re also hurting Tiffany.” Sooyoung added. Taeyeon just turned away from them and went back to her own world.  

 

However when Sooyoung and Amber finally left Taeyeon alone, Taeyeon couldn’t stop thinking about Tiffany.

 

“I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you Tiffany.” Those words kept ringing in Taeyeon’s head.

 

Taeyeon stood up and went to the balcony. “It all comes back to me. It can’t happen…” Taeyeon told herself as she looked at the stars.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

*Night of the Date*

 

SooBer was excited about the date. In fact throughout the whole day, they kept giving each other opinions on what to wear. Taeyeon got really irritated by the whole ordeal.

 

“OMG! Amber! You should definitely wear that vest!” Sooyoung exclaimed as she clapped her hands together. Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“You’re right! And you should wear those dark blue skinny jeans! You’ll look hot!” Amber yelled back. Taeyeon slammed her hands onto the tables, scaring SooBer.

 

“SHUT UP!!!  All I heard all day is Krystal this, Jessica that, Sooyoung wear this, Amber wear that! Can both of just shush?!”

 

SooBer just giggled and then mumbled a ‘sorry’ to their oldest sister.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to join us? Its not too late you know.” Amber once again tried to convince Taeyeon to change her mind.

 

“No. I’m good. I already told you guys that I can’t let it happen.” Taeyeon answered, as continued reading her books.

 

Amber nudged Sooyoung to convince Taeyeon as well.

 

“Taeyeon. It’s just one date…and its friendly.” Sooyoung slyly said as she sat next to Taeyeon and began to give Taeyeon the eyebrow dance.

 

“I don’t care. Now leave before you guys are late. It’s already 6pm.” Taeyeon got up and pulled Sooyoung up as well. “I gotta say…you guys look under-dressed. Where are you guys going again?”

 

“We’re going to catch a movie at Chio Cinemas and then go to the night market nearby.” Amber said with a smile. Sooyoung was smiling too.

 

“And why are you smiling Soo? I thought you dislike Jessica?” Taeyeon inquired as she pinched Sooyoung’s cheeks.

 

“Ow! I never said I disliked her…I just found her annoying.” Sooyoung argued back.

 

“And now?” Amber continued with the interrogation.

 

“Well..its been a week since I known her so now I find her…less annoying.” Sooyoung said with shy smile.

 

“Awww! How sweet! Now get out!” Taeyeon imitated her sisters before pushing her sisters out the door.

 

“Tiffany’s going to be there Taeyeon.” Amber added before she was completely pushed out.

 

“She’s going to be waiting for you.” Sooyoung quickly said before she was pushed out as well.

 

When SooBer left, the house was engulfed in silence.

 

“Finally…now its my turn.” Taeyeon said aloud before going to her room.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Meanwhile…at Chio Cinemas*

 

Jessica, Krystal, and Tiffany were waiting in front of the cinemas for their dates. Jessica was pacing back and forth. Krystal was eagerly waiting for Amber and Tiffany was just sitting down at the fountain.

 

“Jessica, can’t you stay still?”

 

“No Krystal I can’t. What’s taking them so long?”

 

“Maybe they want to look good too. Have you ever thought of that?” Tiffany answered back as she played with the water.

 

Jessica just let out some grumbles and then took a seat next to Tiffany.

 

“So Tiffany. Are you going to go back home if Taeyeon doesn’t come?” Tiffany flashed Jessica a small smile but didn’t answer her.

 

Krystal came to Jessica and dragged her away. “Nice move Ms. Sensitivity!” Krystal snarled.

 

“What? I just wanted to know. Nothing wrong with that.”

 

“You are so blonde!”

 

“What?! Say that again! I dare you!”

 

“Stupid.Blonde.” Krystal repeated herself and pushed herself up to her sister’s height.

 

Before anything can happen, Tiffany spoke up.

 

“Stop it you guys. You don’t want to mess up your date like I did.” Tiffany mumbled with a small smile. Jessica and Krystal quickly stopped and went to Tiffany. 

 

“Maybe you should go home Tiffany.” Krystal said as she gave Tiffany a soft hug.

 

“Yeah. Ugh!!! Taeyeon can be such an ! I swear!” Jessica added as she also gave her cousin a hug.

“Thanks. Maybe I’ll stick around until your dates arrive.” Tiffany said with another smile.

 

Just then…

 

“WE’RE HERE!!!” JeTiKrys turned to the voices and saw SooBer running to them.

 

“Are-are we late?”Amber asked in between her pants.

 

Jessica checked her watch. “Nope…you guys are early by 10 minutes.”

 

“That’s good.” Sooyoung said in between her pants.

 

“Why?” Tiffany asked. “isn’t early good?”

 

Sooyoung looked at Tiffany and smiled. Jessica saw this but just ignored it.

 

“Because I didn’t want to leave a bad 1st date impression on Jessica.” Sooyoung said and gave Jessica a wink. Jessica immediately looked away to hid her blush. Tiffany just giggled at SooSica’s interaction.

 

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Krystal asked. “Is she really not coming?”

 

Amber and Sooyoung slowly shook their head.

 

“Sorry Tiffany.” Sooyoung and Amber apologized simultaneously. Tiffany quickly went to them to prevent the from bowing.

 

“Its okay. Its my fault she didn’t come. I just could control my emotions.” Tiffany answered with a fake smile.

 

As Tiffany was comforted, a random guy and some of his friends suddenly approached her.

 

“Hey beautiful ladies…mind if we join you guys?” He asked with a erted smile.

 

Jessica and Krystal just scoffed at the guy’s stupidity.

 

“Sorry…not interested.” Jessica answered in a cold tone.

 

“Maybe next time boys.” Krystal added with a cold tone as well.

 

“Pst Amber! Those two sisters are so similar.” Sooyoung whispered to Amber. Amber just nodded her head. “Donghae said the same thing.” Amber whispered back.

 

Now back to the guys who are trying to hit on them.

 

“Why not?” another guy asked.

 

Before Jessica and Krystal could say anything, SooBer answered for them.

 

“We’re together.” Sooyoung said in a firm tone as she stood in front of Jessica.

 

“And I’m with her.” Amber also stated as she stood in front of Krystal.

 

The guys just looked at them in shock. Meanwhile…

 

“What about you pretty lady? Want to join me?” another guy asked as he grabbed Tiffany’s wrist. Tiffany removed her wrist in disgust.

 

“Please…even a dog wouldn’t want you.” Tiffany retorted with a smirk. “Besides, I already have someone.”

 

“Really?” the guy spat back as he walked around Tiffany. “I don’t see anyone with you.”

 

“Just back off!” Tiffany exclaimed as she held her fist.  She really didn’t want to fight.

 

“Feisty…I like that!” He chuckled aloud before attempting to grab Tiffany again. Just then, someone blocked him.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“What the ?!” the man screamed aloud as he gripped his right hand in pain.

 

“Let me repeat what this young lady said: BACK.OFF.” The person spoke slowly but with a hint of warning, shocking SooSica, Kryber, and especially, Tiffany.

 

“Taeyeon.” Sooyoung, Amber, Krystal, and Jessica said altogether. Tiffany was somehow paralyzed.

 

“Since it seems that you seem to have gotten the hint, you and your friends should leave.” Taeyeon didn’t even wait for their answers, she turned to face Tiffany to check on her instead.

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany! Are you alright?!” Taeyeon asked in concern waved her hands in front of Tiffany’s face.

 

“Hey ! We’re not done with you yet!” the guys shouted. That’s it…Taeyeon wasn’t going to stand for that.

 

“Okay…then what do you want to do?” Taeyeon asked back in a grave tone.

 

“Scared now eh? I want to have some fun with you and them.” The leader of the group spoke as he rubbed his crotch.

 

“Eww…”Jessica and Krystal said together.

 

“Okay…Sooyoung, Amber. Let’s go have some fun with them.” Taeyeon then gestured to her sisters and all three of them followed the group of guys.

 

“Sooyoung-”

 

“Amber-”

 

“We’ll be back.” Amber assured with a smile.

 

“I’ll behave.” Sooyoung gave Jessica a ressuring smile before running off to Taeyeon.

 

“Taeyeon!!!” Taeyeon turned around to see Tiffany coming back to her senses.

 

“I’ll be back for our date.” And with those last words, Taeyeon left. Tiffany just stood there…and then…

 

“AHHH!!!! SHE CAME! SHE CAME!!!” Tiffany jumped around in joy, while Jessica and Krystal just looked at her weirdly.

 

“Did she not just see all our dates going off with random guys?” Jessica inquired. Krystal just shrugged her shoulders.

 

After 5 minutes, they heard police sirens and ambulance.

 

It was only 7:05pm…

 

“Omg! Let’s go. I knew it was a bad idea to let them go.” Jessica reasoned as she, Krystal, and Tiffany prepared to follow the sisters.

 

“Where are you guys going?” a voice spoke up from behind Krystal.

 

“AMBER!!!! You’re not hurt?” Krystal asked as she examined Amber and then gave her a hug.

 

“Sooyoung!” Jessica saw Sooyoung follow Amber with an ice-cream bar. “What happened?” Jessica demanded.

 

“Ask her.” Sooyoung replied as she pointed to Taeyeon. Jessica furrowed her eyebrows but then took another look at Sooyoung.

 

“Are you hurt?” Jessica asked in a concern tone as she began to examine Sooyoung as well. Sooyoung began to giggle at Jessica’s touches.

 

“I’m fine. See.” Sooyoung then grabbed Jessica’s hands and put it to her face. “Still in want piece right?” Jessica quickly took her hands off and gave a fake cough.  Sooyoung just giggled at Jessica.

 

“So what happened? We heard police sirens.” Krystal inquired after they calmed down a bit.

 

“And an ambulance!” Tiffany interjected as she looked at Taeyeon. She didn’t approach Taeyeon because she thought Taeyeon was still mad at her.

 

“Let’s just say those guys will have an expensive hospital bill.” Amber answered back with a smile.

 

“Really? Then why does Taeyeon look uncomfortable?” Jessica asked as she looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon was fidgeting around as if she was looking for something.

 

“Well, that’s because she-”Sooyoung began to talk but was cut off by Taeyeon.

 

“Yah! I can answer for myself.”

 

“Okay. Then talk Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany spoke as she looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon took a deep breath before getting closer to Tiffany.

 

“Sorry Tiffany. We were a little late because I wanted to buy you this.” Taeyeon then took a pink scarf from her jacket and put it on Tiffany. “It’s cold.” Tiffany gave Taeyeon her famous eyesmile and took hugged Taeyeon.

 

“Thanks Taeyeon…I love it.” Tiffany mumbled. Taeyeon was taken by surprise, so was the rest of the girls.

 

“Ahem!” Taeyeon quickly removed herself from Tiffany when she heard Jessica.

 

“If you guys are done, can we start on our dates?” Jessica asked with a grumpy expression.

 

“Looks like someone’s a little impatient now eh?” Sooyoung teased. Jessica just ignored Sooyoung’s statement.

 

“Yes…let’s go.” Krystal then interwined her arms with Amber and left first. Jessica had to drag Sooyoung again to get her to leave. While Taeyeon and Tiffany stood in the same places.

 

“Um…um…you-want-to-to go yet?” Taeyeon stuttered. Tiffany giggled at Taeyeon’s actions.

 

“Wae? Do you want me to go with you?” Tiffany teased.

 

“If you want to…”

 

“Alright let’s go then.” Tiffany then linked her arms with Taeyeon and felt her stiffen.

 

“I won’t hurt you Taeyeon.” Tiffany soothing assured Taeyeon as she rubbed Taeyeon’s arm softly.

 

“I know…let’s go Tiffany.” Tiffany and Taeyeon then joined the others.Tonight was going to be the beginning of new bonds.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

My 3rd update...tired now...see you all later. :)