Destiny vs. Fate

Phoenix Sisters

Hello Chingus!!! :D Here's the update. Took me longer to write since I wanted a longer update for all of you. Enjoy! Listen to the music inserted to have the best experience. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

“We have done what you asked. Now let them go.”

But Hyuna could only laugh in Amber’s face for making such a bold demand. “Amber sweetie.” Hyuna lovingly caressed Amber’s cheeks, much to Krystal’s disgust. “Why are you so demanding?”

“B**h!! Get your hands off Amber!” Krystal stood up and was going to attack Hyuna but was met with another hit to her stomach from Yoona. TaeSooBer looked at a groaning Krystal in concern as Jessica and Tiffany tended to Krystal.

“Krystal! Gwenchana?” The older Jung asked before sending a glare to Yoona.

“I’m fine!” Krystal spat out angrily before sending Yoona her infamous glares.

“Yoona! That was unnecessary.” Sooyoung warned as she readied her sword. “You promised to let them go!”

“Sunny. You wanted us to reveal our identities, we did. You want us, we’re here.” Taeyeon spoke as she lessened the distance between her and Sunny.

Sunny let out an airy laugh. “They’re free to leave whenever they want. But before that happens I'm curious about something.”

Jessica and Tiffany helped Krystal stand up and stood at the side.

Listen to Lost-V.A.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDc45PpxyM

“Where’s the two cops and Donghae?” But upon seeing JeTiKrys’s shocked expression, Yoona smirked. “That’s right. Donghae is as guilty as they are.”

“Shut up!” Amber yelled before she finally averted her attention to JeTiKrys. “Get out of here. Siwon and Heechul are waiting for you guys outside.”

“Wait. I have another surprise. Hyuna. Bring them here.”

Hyuna simply nodded her head before disappearing to the back of the building. It didn’t take long before TaeSooBer saw two figures being dragged toward them.

“Ugh!” Heechul and Siwon groaned in pain as they were carelessly thrown to the floor in front of TaeSooBer. If TaeSooBer were surprised, imagine the sheer horror realization of Heechul and Siwon upon seeing the maskless Night Ghouls before them.

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber sent a menacing glare toward the other assassins. They were not happy with how things were going.

Yoona simply shrugged. “We’re not stupid. As you three busied yourselves with our men, I did the honors of inviting them to this party we’re having. They put up a fight so I had to use force.”

Siwon was going to stand up but got kicked back down by Sunny. “Stay still.” She said and then laid the tip of her sword against Heechul’s neck. “Or he will die a slow and painful death.” She warned.

Siwon could do nothing but obey.

“Good boy.” Hyuna said with a wicked smile before hitting Heechul in the side of the head with the hilt of her sword. Heechul fell down to the ground in pain.

“Heechul!” JeTiKrys quickly ran to Heechul’s side. “Heechul. Are you alright?”

Heechul only nodded his head but his side of the head that got hit was bleeding.

“You’re crazy! You didn’t have to hurt him!” Tiffany snapped.

Hyuna merely shrugged. “Here’s the deal. If your girlfriends leave, then they die.” Hyuna pointed at Heechul and Siwon.

“And if these two cops go free, then your girlfriends die.” Yoona ended with mirth. “Make your choice.”

“You agreed to let them go if we came!” Taeyeon countered, tightening her hold on the sword.

“We came alone just like you asked. Heechul and Siwon were merely brought for the safety of the others!” Sooyoung added, her eyes full of hatred.

“Well, we lied.” Sunny bluntly answered with disinterest. “Now choose!”

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber looked down at Siwon and Heechul before their eyes landed on those of their lovers.

But JeTiKrys reciprocated with looks of uncertainty, fear, hurt and betrayal. It seems that no matter what choice they make, blood will be shed. And the looks of their eyes….oh…TaeSooBer couldn’t stand it….

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber can not risk their lives or those of Siwon and Heechul. They stared at each other and knew exactly what to do.

“I know an apology would not suffice for all the suffering that we have inflicted on you and your family.” Amber began, her eyes fully concentrated on the Maniacs but her words directed toward JeTiKrys, Siwon and Heechul. “But still, it is all that we can offer.”

“We didn’t mean for any of this to happen. It was never our intention to get all of you involved. Please believe this.” Sooyoung continued in a somber voice, as she tried to control her breathing. Not once looking away from the Maniacs.

Listen to Lost-V.A.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDc45PpxyM (Start at 0:57 secs)

“If there are to be any blood to be shed, it will be ours.” Taeyeon ended before slowly opening her eyes, only to see the Maniacs smirking at her and her sisters.

“What-what do you mean?” Heechul stuttered as Siwon helped him sit up properly. Meanwhile, Yoona, Sunny, and Hyuna had an uneasy feeling. What were they planning?

*BAM!!*

Everyone except for TaeSooBer flinched from the sudden explosion. Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber took this small window of opportunity to attack the Maniacs, thus leading them away from JeTiKrys, Siwon and Heechul.

Impressive…the Maniacs should have seen this coming.

As soon as TaeSooBer stood between the Maniacs and the others, another explosion was heard, this time from the back of the building.

*BAM!!*

Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Amber quickly took the opportunity of the Maniacs temporary attention diversion to deliver a quick attack, to which the Maniacs, unfortunately, successfully blocked. However, it cleared up space between JeTiKrys, Siwon and Heechul from the Maniacs. TaeSooBer now stood between the two parties.

Sunny glared at Taeyeon. “Sneaky.”

Sooyoung merely smiled. “Why should we play fair when you don’t? Siwon, what’s the time interval?”

“Every 3 minutes.”

JeTiKrys was appalled. Siwon was involved too??? What???

“All of you should leave now. We’ll take care of them.” Taeyeon cautioned, matching every step Sunny was taking.

“But-”

“LEAVE!!” Sooyoung and Amber yelled, shutting JeTiKrys up.

How can they just leave without Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber?

“NO!!” Tiffany refused, only to be met with a fierce stare from Taeyeon.

“Tiffany. Leave. Now.”

But Tiffany shook her head. She wasn’t going to listen to Taeyeon. She wasn’t going to leave without Taeyeon.

*BAM!!!*

Upon the second explosion, the ceiling of the building began to crumble and the ground shook even more, causing everyone to stumble and lose balance. However, as if fate was on their side, a couple of metal and rumble fell between TaeSooBer and the Maniacs.

“Quick! One more blast and the building will collapse completely!!” Sooyoung yelled before grabbing Jessica’s hand and running toward the exit.

Taeyeon and Amber did the same thing with Tiffany and Krystal. And Siwon and Heechul followed close behind. It was difficult, trying to escape with chunks of the building falling at every side and angle but in the end, everyone managed to get out with no further injuries.

“What about Yoona and her sisters?” Krystal asked between her panting as she grasped for fresh air.

“They’re fine. They won’t die that easily.” Taeyeon retorted as she glanced behind to see the now burning and gradual falling building. The smoky air will surely attract unwanted attention, for TaeSooBer at least.

And to prove that statement, it didn’t take long before sirens were heard in the distance. TaeSooBer looked at each other knowingly. That was their cue to leave.

“Wait for the police and ambulance to arrive.”

Heechul looked at TaeSooBer in curiosity. “Where will you three be going?! You’re under arrest!” He angrily yelled before attempting to strike Sooyoung with a punch, only to fall down on the grass.

“I’m sorry. But there are still more things for us to do.” Amber apologized and looked at everyone warily. “It’s not time yet.”

“Where are you going?” Tiffany carefully asked.

“…”

“Are you deaf?!! Answer her?!!” Jessica furiously demanded, because even though Tiffany had asked the question, she and Krystal was just as curious and anxious to know.

“Sorry.”

And that was the last thing heard from Sooyoung before the area around them was engulfed in grey, misty smoke.

Once the smoke cleared, TaeSooBer had disappeared and law enforcement had arrived.

“What the hell are they?! Ninjas?!!” Siwon yelled in frustration after having stopped coughing from the smoke caused by the smoke bomb.

“Officer Choi! Officer Kim!”

Siwon and Heechul looked up to see a couple of officers running up to them, while the firefighters and ambulance took care of the burning building and injured people, including those who had managed to escape.

“We’re fine. Take those men into questioning. They were involved in the kidnapping.” Heechul ordered as a medical technician disinfected his head wound.

“And make sure that Tiffany and- Tiffany?” Siwon looked around only to see Tiffany, Jessica and Krystal searching for something…or rather, someone in the distance.

How could they still be worried for them?? They’re killers…murderers…assassins! These questions ran through Siwon’s mind….

“Yes sir?”

“Oh..yeah. Um. Make sure that they’re treated for their injuries.” Siwon said as he pointed at JeTiKrys in the distance, who were all oblivious to their surroundings.

“Are all those men the only ones involved in this matter?” another corresponding officer asked.

Heechul and Siwon looked at JeTiKrys for a while before sighing and giving a knowing shake of their head to each other.

“Yes.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kibum and Donghae abruptly stood up upon hearing grunts and noises from the balcony.  It didn’t take long before three wary, sweaty and dirty TaeSooBer entered the apartment.

Donghae let out a smile of relief before hugging all three of them. “I was so worried.” He then loosened the hug to look at them carefully and concern. “Are you guys hurt?”

TaeSooBer lightly shook their head before turning to look at Kibum. “We can’t stay here any longer.”

“What do you mean by that?” Donghae asked as he looked at his friends then to Kibum. He then finally understood. “They found out?”

Sooyoung nodded her head. “We had to reveal our identities to save Jessica and the others.”

“Others?” Kibum questioned. “Who exactly?”

“Siwon and Heechul.”

Donghae’s face fell. He knew that Siwon and Heechul had accompanied TaeSooBer to the location. And now, he didn’t know what to think anymore.

“Donghae. We’re so sorry. We had no choice.” Amber sincerely apologized while TaeSoo looked at him apologetically. Donghae merely shrugged it off. He would have to confess sooner or later to Heechul.

“It’s okay. I feel much happier knowing that Heechul finally knows the truth.” He forced a smile. “This was bound to happen.”

Kibum slowly walked over to the Donghae and TaeSooBer. He didn’t know what he could say to bring comfort…how could he?

“Tell me everything that happened tonight.” Kibum asserted. TaeSooBer obliged and told him everything.

“No doubt Sunny and her sisters escaped.” Kibum firmly stated. “They must have reported back to James already about tonight’s failure.”

“But-” Donghae began and looked at the others intently. “-it was all too easy.”

“What do you mean?”

“Sunny and her sisters would have gone through hell to make sure they captured all of you.” Donghae reasoned.

Sooyoung thought about it and eventually agreed, upon recalling the previous events. “True. They didn’t even try to attack us again when we escaped.”

“That is not like them.” Taeyeon added. “They didn’t even follow us back. What are they up to?”

“They know who we are and what we mean to the ‘Fall of the Phoenix’. I have a strong feeling that something worse will take place.” Amber added seriously. “ We need to take countermeasures now.”

“We need to leave.” Kibum calmly stated as placed a hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and another on Donghae. “This is far from over.”

“You’re right.” Taeyeon retorted. “When must we leave?”

“Until we get a message from your father.”

“No exact time?” Donghae asked, quite disappointed.  “That’s-” He trailed off, meeting eyes with TaeSooBer.

“-difficult?” Kibum finished with a sad smile, knowing exactly what was going through their minds. Kibum sighed upon seeing the disheartened looks on their faces but had to do what must be done.

“Trust me, James is not someone who would wait. But your father is stalling for some time, although it won’t mean that James won’t have his own men looking for you guys right now. Pack all your necessities. We will be staying somewhere else until we depart for Japan.”

“Japan?”

Kibum nodded his head with a stoic expression. “Your father is waiting.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*Meanwhile….

Heechul thanked the nurse before she politely bowed and left the room, leaving him with Siwon and JeTiKrys.

“Why am I always the one who gets hurt?” Heechul scowled and gently patted the bandage dressing on his head. Siwon gave him a reassuring pat on his shoulder. “As long as you’re alive. That’s more important.” Heechul gave his friend a warm smile in exchange.

“We’re sorry for everything that happened. If we weren’t careless, then you two wouldn’t have been involved.” Jessica apologized, followed by Tiffany and Krystal’s frown.

“If there’s anyone to blame, it should be the Night Ghouls.” Siwon bitterly reasoned.

But upon hearing that name, JeTiKrys automatically stopped talking. How could everything be so complicated? How did this even happen? What will happen now??

Upon sensing the worried and hurt expression of JeTiKrys, Heechul sent Siwon a glare before speaking. “Hey. It’ll be okay.” Heechul sincerely comforted, although he was quite confused and unhappy with all that has happened. Now that he knows who the Night Ghouls are, he realizes that his relationship with Donghae will also be affected.

“That’s all we can really do Heechul.” Krystal retorted as she let out a sigh. So much has happened in one day.

The sudden entrance of a familiar person prevented them from continuing their conversation.

“Taecyeon?” Tiffany questioned. How did he know they were here.

Taecyeon held up a hand to halt any further question until he can regain his breath. When he finally did, he quickly scanned JeTiKrys for any injuries.

“Um…hello? I’m the patient here.” Heechul whined from the hospital bed only to receive an apologetic smile from Taecyeon. “Sorry. I was too worried about my sisters. How are you feeling Heechul?”

Heechul nodded in satisfaction before answering. “Nothing serious. But how did you know about us being here?”

Taecyeon’s eyes darkened. “I heard everything from Taeyeon and her sisters.”

JeTiKrys’s eyes widened, as well as Siwon and Heechul.

“So yes, I know everything. And I know who they are.”

----------------------------------------------

*4 days later*

It’s been a 4 days since the last time that JeTiKrys had seen or met TaeSooBer after that night at the warehouse. Even though they pretended that everything was fine, those around them knew better.

During those 4 days, Jessica, Tiffany and Krystal were allowed to rethink their relationship with Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber. They thought about everything that had happened in their times spent with eachother. From how they met, to their growing love and finally, to that fateful night that the Night Ghouls’ identity were finally revealed. Perhaps that was why TaeSooBer had not bother to contact them? To give them time to think, especially after everything that has happened. But even amist the hurt, pain and betrayal that they have felt, Jessica, Tiffany and Krystal couldn’t help but worry about their lovers’ well-being.

Not only did TaeSooBer not contact them, but JeTiKrys hasn’t initiated it as well. They haven’t called them nor have they visited them. And it only made their concern heighten when Song Qian had disappeared as well from the company, temporarily giving Jessica’s father the authority to handle all company affairs.

“Ms. Song’s absence is indefinite. We do not know when she will return.” That was all that President Jung announced at the meeting that announced the sudden leave of Song Industries & Co.’s CEO. “In the meantime, I have been given permission from Ms. Song herself to handle both company affairs.”

The day went really slow, especially when their minds out elsewhere.  It was a good thing there was nothing important to handle or any meetings to attend or else both Jessica and Tiffany would have been criticized. Krystal on the other hand, has been working with the company’s architecture and marketing team as well. She gains experience and at the same time, her own earned money.

By the end of the day, JeTiKrys just wanted to leave and attend to more urgent matters. What was so urgent that required their attention as soon as possible? Well….

JeTiKrys’s mood quickly dampened upon seeing three very familiar faces in Jessica’s office.

Jessica briefly exited the office to speak with her secretary. “Ms. Yin. Please go to the marketing department and pick up the documents on the Gotzen products. And stay there until I ask you to return. And please lock the door on your way out. I do not want to be disturb.” Ms. Yin complied, bowed and left, leaving the six women alone in the office.

“Missed us?”  Sunny asked with a smirk as Yoona and Hyuna took a seat on the sofa. “Thought we died in the fire?”

Tiffany let out a heavy breath and glowered at Sunny. “All I need to do is press this button and all of you will regret coming here.” Tiffany laid her finger delicately over a red button on Jessica’s office phone.

“And we can care less about your life.” Jessica retorted, returning her heated gaze to Yoona. “Why are all of you here?”

Hyuna merely let out a dry chuckle. “If you are trying to threaten us, don’t even bother. Do you really think we were able to come here today without thinking things through?”

Krystal raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

Yoona merely folded her hands together before speaking. “Listen. It’s pointless to call for security because we have already taken care of them.”

“You killed them?!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“No. We merely put them to sleep. Don’t worry. We have no quarrels with them.” Yoona further explained. “We only want to talk with all of you.”

Jessica scoffed. “After what we been through. Just drop the act. If you want to kill us then do it. Although you won’t succeed.”

Sunny let out a laugh. “Whoever said anything about killing you guys when all we want was the Night Ghouls to show themselves?”

JeTiKrys was confused now. Why try to kidnap them and not try to kill them?

“What do you mean?” Tiffany asked.

“You see, the Night Ghouls are very, very important to us. They’re life is…how do I put this? Ah…priceless.” Sunny addressed with a smirk.

“Cut the crap and get to the point!” Krystal exclaimed. She hates it when people beat around the bush when they can just be blunt and tell what they wanted to say.

“Where are they?” Yoona calmly asked as she stood up from her seat. Upon seeing the silence from JeTiKrys, she specified her question. “Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber. Where are they?”

“How would we know? They disappeared on us too.” Tiffany grimly answered.

Sunny was skeptic about Tiffany’s answer. “They left without informing you guys? Unbelievable.”

“Believe what you want. We already told you all we know.” Jessica retorted before walking up to Yoona. “Why are you guys looking for them?”

Hyuna smirked. “This is just great. They’ve gone missing for 4 days now and none of you even bother to look for them?”

“It seems that none of you know how serious this is. But since none of you seem to know where they are, we will take our leave.” Yoona then turned to leave, followed by Sunny and Hyuna. But just as they were about to exit the confines of Jessica’s office, a sudden banging on Jessica’s door stopped them in their tracks.

“JESSICA!! OPEN THE DOOR!!”

Yoona’s eyes widened upon hearing that manly voice.

“Yoona. Your boy-toy is here.” Hyuna remarked mockingly.

“Shut up.” Yoona remarked before Jessica let Taecyeon in.

“Taecyeon. What’s wrong?”

However, upon seeing Yoona and her sisters in the room, Taecyeon forgot about why he was there in the first place.

“You!” Taecyeon rushed over to grab Yoona but was quickly stopped by Hyuna who grabbed a hold of his arm, twisted it, and pushed him to the floor.

“Taecyeon!” JeTiKrys ran to their brother’s side, helping him up.

Taecyeon breath of anger seethed between his teeth as he glowered at Yoona. “You b***ches!!!! Why are you here?!”

Sunny let out a dry chuckle. “Yoona. You deal with him. We’re leaving first.”

“And you might want to hurry. You have about 20 minutes before the tranquilizer effects completely wear off.” Hyuna advised before leaving together with Sunny.

Yoona stared at Taecyeon and JeTiKrys before turning back around to leave.

“Wait.” Taecyeon said, in a much calmer tone. Yoona tilted her head a little to the side, showing that she was waiting for what he had to say. “Sphinx Industries. Are you involved with them?”

“…”

Taecyeon loosened himself from JeTiKrys’s grasp so as he could get nearer to Yoona. “The disappearance of the Night Ghouls, are you involved as well?”

“Why do you think me and my sisters came here for? To play with them?” Yoona gestured at JeTiKRys. “ As for the Night Ghouls, they could be dead now for all I care.” Yoona cruelly remarked.

JeTiKrys’ heartbeat increased exponentially upon hearing the word ‘dead’. “What have you done?”

Yoona turned to look at Jessica. “Nothing. Think about it.” Yoona lessened her distance again, so she can look straight into Jessica’s eyes. “If we wanted to kill them, we would have done that already.”

“As if you could.” Krystal countered. “You will never succeed even if you try.”

Yoona let out a sly smile. “We should be the least of your worries. Why you ask? Because someone else wants them.”

“Who?” Taecyeon inquired.

“I’ve already said too much. Good-bye.” And Yoona left as soon as those words left her lips because as of now, there are more urgent issues to attend to.

“Taecyeon. How did you know about Amber and her sisters missing?”

Taecyeon let out a sigh before looking at his sisters with great remorse. “Heechul and Siwon paid a visit to their apartment this morning to speak with them. But they weren’t there.”

“Weren’t there?”

Taecyeon found it difficult to explain it to JeTiKrys. “It’s better if you guys see it for yourselves.”

----------------------------------------------------

6:43pm @ TaeSooBer’s Apartment Unit

A mess…no, a disaster. That’s what the apartment looked liked when JeTiKrys entered. Lamps thrown on the floor, tables overturned, broken utensils, cracked walls,and…

“Blood?!” Krystal screamed upon seeing the red stain on the living room carpet floor. She looked at Taecyeon for answers.

“We don’t know who’s it is yet.” Taecyeon answered.

Suddenly, Jessica and Tiffany came running toward them. “There’s blood in their rooms too!”

“Heechul and Siwon are still investigating. Those blood could belong to anyone. Don’t contaminate the evidence. Understand?”

JeTiKrys nodded their heads, but felt the fear within their hearts growing bigger and bigger.

“Hey. It will be alright.” He assured, bringing little comfort to his sisters.

“I’ll just leave.” Krystal dejected said before excusing herself out, but not before taking off the gloves and shoe covers worn to protect the crime scene.

“We’ll be going too. Call us if anything is found.” Jessica said with a smile before she and Tiffany left as well, taking off their gloves and shoe covers too.

------------------------------------------------------

Two days later; 9:35pm @ Night

“Was that the last one?”Amber asked as she brought the bloody wood stick to her side again, as she tried to regain her breath. They were in an abandoned tunned with only a few dim lights lighting the area.

“I think so.”

Right after those words left Sooyoung’s mouth, another group of men appeared, this time, no masks.

“You spoke too soon.” Taeyeon remarked before turning her attention to the group of men in front of her. It was a good thing TaeSooBer had hidden half their face with a black cloth. “Believe you’re here for the reward as well?”

“You’re right.” The leader of the gang spoke with a smirk before ushering his men to come forward, all with weapons in hand. “Sphinx Industries are rewarding anyone who captures the Night Ghouls $500,000. Who wouldn’t want that much money?”

Sooyoung observed the men from head to toe before letting out a smirk. “Believe me. That money is not worth your life.”

“You just worry about yourself.” The leader angrily retorted, not appreciating the fact that he just got told off by a woman. Yeah, the Night Ghouls were no longer disguising their voices. There’s no need for that anymore.

Just as TaeSooBer readied themselves for another fight, a sudden call from Donghae was heard through their earpiece.

“I’ve finished downloading the data from their database. Get out of there now.”

“Arasso.” TaeSooBer answered simultaneously before putting on a pretense fighting stance to not raise suspicion from the enemies.

“If we run now, wouldn’t we expose ourselves? There are still a lot of people out right now.” Taeyeon commented as their enemies took steps closer.

“That’s the point. The crowd will help us escape. It will be to our advantage.” Amber retorted. “It’s a simple strategic move.”

“Alright. Then its decided. On the count of three. 1-2-3!!!” As soon as Sooyoung threw the smoke bomb, the Night Ghouls turned back and exited the tunnel. But they were followed by the few men who was able to follow them.

“Split up and capture them!” The leader exclaimed as soon as they were outside of the tunnel.

---------------------------------------------------------

At this time, TaeSooBer had removed their masks, to not attract attention. But as they ran through the busy streets of Seoul, they could hear the yells of their enemies behind them.

As TaeSooBer ran through the crowds, pushing their way through, they received curses and grunts but even if they were apologetic, they had no choice but to keep running. They’ve done what they were suppose to do so no more blood had to be shed for that night. However, just as they were at a far distance from their pursuers, they didn’t notice the entrance of three woman who had just exited from a car onto the sidewalk.

*Thud*

“Yah! Watch where you’re-AMBER?!” Krystal’s eyes widened upon seeing Amber hovering above her. But she wasn’t the only surprised because Tiffany and Jessica had the same shocking feeling upon being rammed into by Taeyeon and Sooyoung.

“Where have you-”

But upon hearing the yells of their pursuers getting closer, Taeyeon, Sooyoug, and Amber quickly helped their girlfriends stand up before shoving them back into car.

“Give me the keys!” Taeyeon demanded, to which Tiffany frantically gave her the keys. As soon as the engine started, Taeyeon drove off while Sooyoung and Amber looked behind to see the state of their enemies. They were getting further and further away.

“That was close.” Amber remarked. “It seems that they didn’t know we were in this car.”

Sooyoung let out a breath of relief before closing her eyes. “We were lucky. If we didn’t bump into- OH !!” Sooyoung’s yell surprised Taeyeon, causing the latter to pull over.

“What the hell?!” Taeyeon was about to turn around if it wasn’t for the fact that the person sitting next to her wasn’t her sisters.

“Tiffany?” Taeyeon whispered, really surprised.

“Of all people we bumped into, it was you guys!” Sooyoung exasperatedly exclaimed, much to Jessica’s dismay.

“You guys just realized that it was us now?” Jessica asked, a little irked now.

Amber nodded her head. “We were so focused on escaping that we didn’t even realize it was you guys.”

“Well, then consider yourself lucky.” Krystal remarked as she sat closer to Amber, who was sitting on the edge. In fact, Krystal and Jessica were both in the middle while Amber and Sooyoung at on the edge. 

“This isn’t good. SooBer, let’s go.” Taeyeon simply stated before reaching over for the car handle. But just before she could even open it, Tiffany held her arm back. “Bwhol?!!”

“You’re not going anywhere.Why are you putting your lives at risks?!”

Sooyoung and Amber met the same glare and command from Jessica and Krystal.

“That’s a decision that we make, not any of you.” Amber grimly stated before yanking her arm from Krystal’s hold and exiting the vehicle. Sooyoung and Taeyeon both shot Jessica and Tiffany the same meaningful stare before leaving as well.

“Leave. And forget that we ever saw each other.” Sooyoung bitterly commented one last time before closing the door and running off in the distant crowd to follow her sisters.

--------------------------------------------

“I knew that those men would be no match for the Night Ghouls.” James let out a cackle before slamming his fist on the table. “Pathetic fools.”

Shin looked at James apprehensively. “Will you accept Jae’s deal?”

James slowly withdrew has hand and gently rubbed it. “Where are they now?”

“We do not know. We have lost track of them.”

“Again?”

“I apologize.”

James swiftly turned around and held Shin by his throat tightly, gradually cutting off his air supply. “I am not a patient man Shin. One more mistake, and I will not hesitate to kill you.”

“I-I understand.” Shin finally managed to answer in between gasps and groans of pain.

James eyed him once more with menace before letting him go. “Leave before I kill you.”

Shin merely tried to bow before walking out with his life still intact.

“If they do not come to me, I will not hesitate to find and kill them myself.”

----------------------------------------------------------

“They are still following us.” Taeyeon remarked before tilting her head back a bit to see Tiffany, Jessica and Krystal following closely behind them. “What do we do now?”

“Well, if we didn’t bump into them and get into their car and drive here with them, we could have avoided them all together.” Sooyoung spitefully retorted. “Go figure.”

“Look, we don’t need to do anything. We’re in normal clothes now so we won’t draw attention. And even if the hunt for us was still going on, they wouldn’t know we were the Night Ghouls even if we walked right past them.” Amber reminded her sisters. It was true, TaeSooBer had hidden bagbacks of their clothes at a specific alley near the location they had pulled over earlier.

“You have a point. I guess we should worry more about them then.” Taeyeon warily stated. “They are stubborn heiresses.”

“But do any of our enemies know of them?” Sooyoung asked. “Other than Yoona and her sisters?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “I’m sure no one else knows. Don’t worry.”

Meanwhile, at the same time….

“What do you think they’re talking about unnie?” Krystal asked as she narrowed her eyes at Amber.

Jessica shrugged. “I don’t know, but must be about us.”

“Yeah. I bet they’re thinking of ways to run away from us again.” Tiffany remarked with a scoff. “Who do they think they are?”

“I have a plan.”

“You do?” Krystal and Tiffany asked, surprised. “Seriously?”

Jessica was offended. “Yah! I do have ideas too you know? I’m just lazy to think of it sometimes."

“Fine. What’s your idea?”

“Well, we can just pretend to call Heechul-oppa to tell him that we had found Taeyeon and her sisters. But we won’t. We just have to make them think we are. We’ll raise our voices so they hear and come stop us.” Jessica said with a triumphant smile.

“You really think it’ll work?” Krystal asked.

“If it doesn’t, we can go with plan B.” Tiffany answered.

“Plan B?”

“You’ll know if Plan A doesn’t work.” Tiffany said with a smirk. “Now Jessica. Begin your plan.”

It didn’t take long before Krystal declared the status of Jessica’s Plan…

“FAIL!!!!” Krystal exclaimed as she crossed her arms. “They didn’t even budge.”

“That’s because they anticipated it.” Tiffany coolly replied.

“So what do we do then?”

“Follow my lead.” And with that, Tiffany led the way, until they were far from TaeSooBer’s view and in a night club.

-------------------------------------------------------

“Uncle, are you sure you want to go through with this?” Hyoyeon couldn’t help but feel concerned after the departure of their visitors.

Jae merely inhaled and nodded his head. “They will prove to be a worthwhile ally.”

“But, I don’t think your daughters will like this.”

“…”

“Perhaps I can help and-“

But Jae merely held up his hand to silence Hyoyeon’s offer of assistance.

“Hyoyeon. This is not your war. You can NOT get involved. That will be the last thing my daughters want.”

Hyoyeon let out a helpless sigh. “ Then what should I tell them?”

“Relay my message to Donghae. He is not James’ target so he will not be harmed.”

“How are you so sure?”

Jae frowned. “James may be evil, but he is not the type to kill those who have no role in his goals.”

“But-”

“Go now. I’m sure Kibum is waiting for my order.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t know how this is suppose to help us!” Jessica shouted over the loud music. “I don’t think they’re even here!”

“Trust me! I’m sure they’re here. And if they’re not, well, we can just enjoy ourselves tonight!”

“I don’t know. I’m starting to dislike your plan Tiff.” Krystal remarked in annoyance before she pushed a drunk man away from her.

“We just need to play it cool and everything will-What the hell?!!” Tiffany snapped at a man who just purposely brushed his hands against her . She looked up and saw a erted man smiling down at her. Tiffany threw a fake smile at him before grabbing his hand and twisted it.

*crack*

“Ohhhh…I think you broke his wrst Tiff.” Krystal remarked with a smirk as the man fell down in pain from his broken bone.

“He deserved it. That should teach him a lesson not to do such thing to women.”

“Let’s just leave. There’s no point of us staying here.” Jessica suggested before walking out of the dance floor followed by Tiffany and Krystal.

But as soon as they got out of the dance floor, they were confronted by a 3 men.

“Oh my god. Now what?” Krystal spoke in English before glaring at the three men blocking their path.

“We just want to take you ladies out for a walk.” One of them answered.

“Not interested.” Tiffany answered but as she took a step, she was stopped. She looked at to the other man in disinterest. “Look, I’m not in the mood.”

“Trust me baby. What we do will always make you feel in the mood.” The last man said with a to his lips.

“Ew. Girls like us, don’t go out to monkey faces like you guys.” Jessica said like a boss. “Now move.”

“Or what?” One man stepped up and challenged. “You’re gonna make me?”

“No. But we will.”

None of the men even had a chance to see who dare challenge them because they soon loss their consciousness.

“Wow Soo. That statement was one out of the movie.” Amber remarked with a smile before seeing the product of their pressure point skills.

“Don’t need to say much when they’re going to sleep.” Sooyoung shrugged it off.

“Had your fun yet?” Taeyeon asked coldly as she stared at Tiffany. “The night club was your idea right?”

“And so what if it was?” Tiffany countered. “Why should you care?”

“If you’re just going to act mean to us, why didn’t you guys just leave us alone? Isn’t that what you wanted to do?”

Sooyoung didn’t answer Jessica’s question.

“You were worried right? That’s why you followed us here.” Krystal stated, staring right into Amber’s eyes.

“…”

“Well? Are you going to give us an answer?” Tiffany urged.

Taeyeon merely turned around and walked off, followed by Sooyoung and Amber. But as soon as they were outside, they found another body colliding with theirs.

“We need to talk.” Krystal said before enclosing her arms tightly wrapped around Amber’s waist.

Sooyoung looked at Jessica, who was holding on to her arm tightly. “I have nothing to say.”

“Then you listen and I’ll talk.” Jessica answered declared, not loosening her grip.

“Yah! Tiffany Hwang!!” Taeyeon yelled upon feeling Tiffany’s hand intertwining with hers. “Let go!” But Taeyeon’s struggle was useless once Tiffany leaned up close to her lips.

“Either you shut it or I’ll shut you up myself.”

“…”

“Good. Now follow us. We have some important things to discuss.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

10:34pm

“So. Find anything interesting?” Kibum asked, peeking over Donghae’s shoulder as the latter was scrolling through the data that he had successfully downloaded earlier at the headquarters of a gang working with Sphinx Industries.

Dongahe hummed in response. “It turns out that James has been very meticulous in his details about the ‘Fall of the Phoenix’. He has everything from the location to who the ‘keys’ are. He didn’t miss out on anything.”

Kibum sighed and leaned against the table. “Hm. That seems like it.”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you know what the ‘Fall of the Phoenix’ is, Donghae?”

Donghae shook his head. “I’m not sure. There’s too many skeptics as to what it really is.”

“Do you believe in immortality? The fountain of youth?”

“Wae?” Donghae looked at Kibum suspiciously. “Those things aren’t real.”

Kibum smiled at Donghae’s truthful statement. “That’s right. But why live life on such fantasy theories when you can rule the world with an iron fist?”

“Are you referring to James?”

But Kibum didn’t answer. Instead, he spoke of another matter.

“The Phoenix is a legendary bird that once destroyed, will be resurrected from its ashes and thus, known as a creature that embodies all the qualities of immortality. And those imprinted by its mark shall face death.”

“…”

“So you see Donghae, what James desire and the destiny of Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Amber, clashes together.”

“And one will emerge victorious.” Donghae finished with a solemn tone. “Does-does my sisters know about this?” Donghae was referring to TaeSooBer, who will always be his family.

“Yes. Donghae?”

“…”

“Get some rest. Don’t wait up for them. I know that right now, they are in good hands.”

“Why do you think that? They could still be out there being fighting for their lives!” Donghae yelled, furious at Kibum’s indifference.

But Kibum merely smiled, and patted Donghae’s shoulder to calm him down. “Trust me. Even though their destiny has been sealed, they still have their own fate to take care of.”

“What do you say the difference between destiny and fate is Kibum?”

Kibum let out a contented smile. “I always believed that destiny is where you are suppose to be in life, such as the path you have been given to follow and live.”

“And fate?”

“Fate…is the thread in which you are bestowed with to connect you to those you are meant to meet. But, fate has a very unique and valuable aspect to it.”

“You mean the red thread of fate?”

Kibum nodded his head. “Definitely. The red thread of fate is the indestructible link to your soulmate.”

“So for now, even though you are taking the news I have just told you hard to accept, imagine how it is for Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber.”

And when Donghae didn’t reply, a notion that he was listening, Kibum continued speaking. “And then imagine how hard it will be for them to tell such revelation to Tiffany, Jessica and Krystal. So, what I’m trying to say is that…”

*Scene pans over to TaeNy, SooSica and KryBer*

JeTiKrys didn’t know how to accept what they had just been told. It’s unbelievable.

“Believe it.” Sooyoung uttered, her face stoic, but her voice hinting of hurt and sadness as she removed Jessica’s hand gently away from her arm.

“And accept it.” Taeyeon added, turning her head away to avoid the tears streaming down from Tiffany’s beautiful eyes.

“But-” Krytsal began but was cut off by Ambers next words.

“We have accepted it.” Amber pryed off Krystal’s hand that was holding on tightly to her hand. “And we unanimously came to a solution: Forget about us.”Amber finally spoke on behalf of herself and TaeSoo. “That will be the best thing for all of you.”

“…but Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber’s fate, and all aspects of it, has yet to be sealed.”

End theme: JYJ-In Heaven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnv1VG4HkiM (Start at 1:46) 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

:P Laters! Peace out.