A Helping Hand

Phoenix Sisters

“Hana, we can’t-“

 

“Sure! We’ll be there!” Sooyoung exclaimed, which earned her another hug from Hana. Taeyeon was looking at Sooyoung’s outburst with disbelief.  “She is so dead! I’m going to put excess salt on her next sandwich!”

 

“Ahjhussi, are you coming?” Hana asked Amber with puppy eyes.

 

Amber knew that Taeyeon might be angry with her but Amber just couldn’t stand Hana being disappointed.  Before answering Hana, Amber gave her a quick hug.

 

“Of course I will.  It would be fun. Besides, I get to spend more time to know Krystal.”

 

Krystal blushed at Amber’s comment but nodded her head before replying “I look forward to that.”  Now it was Amber’s turn to blush.

 

Hana beamed at Amber’s response and jumped around, until she realized that she didn’t get an answer from Taeyeon.

 

“Tay, are you attending?”

 

Taeyeon hesitated with her answer.  The birthday may interfere with her mission and that is the last thing she wants to happen.  Hana, on the other hand, was afraid to hear Taeyeon’s answer since Taeyeon was quiet. “Tay??”

 

“Yes she will! Don’t worry!” Amber’s arms suddenly found itself around Taeyeon’s shoulder. 

 

“Yay! Krystal did you hear that? I’m so happy!” Hana ran to Krystal with a big smile.  Krystal responded with her own smile as well.

 

“Ok.Ok. Calm down little monkey.” Krystal told Hana amusingly as she tried to hold the little girl still. After awhile, Krystal and Hana decided to leave since it was already 6pm.

 

“Wait Krystal! I have to tell Tay something really really important. It’s a secret so don’t come.” Hana said to Krystal as they got to the door.  Krystal nodded her head and released Hana’s hand.  Hana then ran to Taeyeon.  Taeyeon had to squat to be equally leveled with Hana’s height. 

 

“Tay, don’t forget to prepare a magic trick for me. That’ll be your gift for me.” Hana whispered into Taeyeon’s ear.  Before Taeyeon can react, Hana already ran back to Krystal.

 

“Bye.  I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” As Krystal left, Amber couldn’t help but stare at the sight of Krystal and her smile.  Amber’s reverie was short-lived.

 

“Amber and Krystal sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G…” Sooyoung sang as she danced around but was cut off by Amber hitting her arm.

 

“Ouch…I’m just telling the truth.  The whole time Krystal was here, you kept stealing glances at her. Looks likesomeone has a crush.” Sooyoung told Amber with a smirk as she rubbed her arm. Amber ignored Sooyoung, since that’s the only way to get her to shut . “Sooyoung is so annoying. She speaks nonsense right?” Amber thought to herself.

 

As the two sisters continued their playful fight with each other, they didn’t notice Taeyeon’s cold stare, until Taeyeon reminded them of her existence.

 

“Hey! Dum Dums!”

 

Sooyoung and Amber immediately stopped their bickering and turned to look at Taeyeon.  She did not look happy at all.  Gradually, both Sooyoung and Amber backed away. With every step Taeyeon took forward, Soober did the same in the opposite direction.

 

“T-Ta-Taeyeon…” Sooyoung and Amber said with a quiver. Both of them sensed trouble and they knew what will happen.

 

“It’s Hana’s birthday. Hana! All of us can’t miss it.  You have time before the mission so you can stay awhile then leave.” Sooyoung frantically tried reasoning with Taeyeon.  Unfortunately, it seemed that Taeyeon could care less.  Sooyoung then looked at Amber.  “Your turn” Sooyoung whispered to Amber.  Amber gulped before talking. Taeyeon was still walking toward them.

 

“Yeah Tae. Sooyoung is right. Take it easy. You can’t always be so serious. Besides, its Hana and she’s one of our most loyal customer. Be reas-” Amber couldn’t finish her sentence because she realized that she and Sooyoung hit a dead end.  When Sooyoung and Amber came to a stop, so did Taeyeon.  Sooyoung and Amber closed their eyes and waited for the worst as Taeyeon raised her arms, not breaking the eye contact.

 

*gulp* “I guess this is the end for the both of us…Good-bye Soo. Nice knowing you.” Amber said with her eyes closed.

 

“Good-bye Amber. See you in heaven.” Sooyoung replied.

 

“Yah! Wake up!  It’s 6:20pm. We should go home.” Amber and Sooyoung opened their eyes and realized that Taeyeon’s arms were on their shoulders.  They sighed, glad that they were still alive. In seconds, both of them distanced themselves from Taeyeon just in case the older short girl changes her mind.

 

“You’re right. Let’s go.” Amber said from the door as Taeyeon stood near the counter. Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon with a little smile. Sooyoung was prepared to run for her life if Taeyeon changes her mind, since she still had so much food in the world she haven’t eaten yet.

 

“You two take the car and go first.  I have to throw the garbage away.  I’ll see you two at home.” Taeyeon said as she went behind the counter to gather the garbage. 

 

Amber and Sooyoung looked at eachother then just shrugged. 

 

“Alright. Don’t be too late.” Sooyoung said before she left with Amber.

 

When Amber and Sooyoung got outside, they were still surprised that Taeyeon wasn’t angry with them. 

 

“I guess she really did want to go. I really thought she was going to beat us up.” Amber confided to Sooyoung, before both broke out laughing.

 

“Maybe? I just find it strange.  I guess she does care for Hana, even though she always denies it.” Sooyoung responded with a smile.  Amber nodded her head in agreement.  “Yep. That sounds like our midget Taeyeon alright.”

 

Amber and Sooyoung then drove home, talking about their gifts for Hana and the party that will surely be an event they will not forget. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

 

After Taeyeon closed and locked the shop, she made her way to the trash bin with the garbage.

 

“Those two idiots.  I told them many times to not volunteer me for anything. But I guess I should attend since its for Hana.  At least I don’t have to dress formal.” Taeyeon thought to herself as she threw the garbage away.  “I’ll get them back for what they did”

 

After throwing the garbage away,  Taeyeon began walking home. It was already 6:40pm.  The apartment was not far from the bakery.  By car it was only 10 minutes but by walking it took about 25 minutes.

 

“I’ll just power walk and I’ll be home before 7pm.”

 

Taeyeon enjoyed walking since it was refreshing and peaceful for her. Unfortunately, her quiet walk was disturbed by loud voices and noises ahead of her.  In the opposite side, Taeyeon saw 4 figures fighting.  As she got closer, she realized it was three men fighting against one woman.  The woman had long brown hair and a killer body, but Taeyeon realized something else: the woman was winning.

 

“Taekwondo?” Taeyeon thought to herself as she observed the young woman’s movements.  “Oh well, its none of my business. I have better things to do.”

 

And with that last comment, Taeyeon continued on her way.  She had to get to get home as quickly as possible or else she is going to hear Sooyoung and Amber’s lecture about food, family, responsibility, etc… Taeyeon does not want to hear any of it since she heard numerous of times.

 

 

“C’mon Miyoung! Don’t play so hard to get! Don’t force me to use violence.” A man in a blazer stated with a smirk to Tiffany as his goons surrounded her.

 

“Don’t be such a boor Jisuk.  I already told you that I have no interest in a pathetic man such as yourself.  You have no respect for women let alone your own friends. I’m not stupid.” Tiffany responded, quite annoyed. 

 

“Fine! No women rejects me! I guess I’ll have to make you mine by force! Get her boys!!” Jisuk screamed in frustration and anger as his goons made their way toward Tiffany.

 

Tiffany responded to Jisuk’s ridiculous threat with a smirk. She was a blackbelt in Taekwondo so she was more than happy to practice. As his goons advanced on her, she used her martial arts to take them down quickly.  She delivered punches and kicks to bring Jisuk’s men to the ground. Their moves were too slow and predictable for Tiffany.  Jisuk backed away slowly after he saw what Tiffany did to his men.

 

“Jisuk, Jisuk, Jisuk. You are not a man at all.  Hiding behind your sissy guards while you claim to be strong and almighty? I rest my case on your pathetic nature. Bye Jisuk.”

 

Unfortunately, Tiffany didn’t realize that one Jisuk’s men have regained strength and hid himself in the dark to grab her from behind.  Tiffany was able to dodge his attack but in the process, was hurt by his other goon.  She fell to the ground in pain, as Jisuk made his way toward her.  His boys were ordered to keep their distance. 

 

“Now, what did you say about me being a coward? Not so tough now huh baby?”

 

“Hmph! If I’m your baby Jisuk, then I guess that makes you my huh?!” Tiffany retorted with a scoff, which only made Jisuk angrier. He raised his arm to hit her with his iron bar.Tiffany closed her eyes, waiting for the pain.  However, it never came.

 

Tiffany opened her eyes to see Jisuk’s arm stopped in midair.  It didn’t take her long to realize that someone prevented him from hitting her. Before she knew it, she saw Jisuk falling to the ground, groaning in pain.  It happened so fast.

 

“I don’t think that’s fair you know? 3 against 1.” Tiffany saw a figure in front of her.  Tiffany wanted to get up but was stopped by the stranger.

 

“You should stay down. I’ll handle these guys.” The stranger retorted.  Tiffany then realized that her savior was a girl.  But something about her voice made Tiffany feel secure so she obeyed the stranger’s order.

 

“You !!! This is none of your business!” Jisuk screamed as he slowly regained his balance with the help of his two men.  Jisuk, feeling superior due to his men, then spoke again.

 

“Unless you want to die, you better move! My men have no mercy on anyone, even if that person is a woman.” Jisuk said with an evil smile.

 

After hearing Jisuk’s threat, the stranger only chuckled, which startled Tiffany. “Is she not scared of dying or just crazy?” Tiffany asked herself before she pleaded with the stranger to leave.

 

“Correction Mr. Tough Guy: From the moment I helped this woman, your business is my business.  So I think I’ll just stay here. And since you clearly don’t know how to calculate simple addition, I’ll give all of you a math lesson.”

 

Tiffany was speechless.  She has never met such a fearless person.

 

Jisuk and his men gave an evil smirk.

 

“Hey boss! Can I have some fun with her? She’s so pretty and y.”

 

“I don’t give a ! Do what you want but I want Tiffany alive!” Jisuk yelled back.

 

Jisuk’s men smiled ertedly before approaching the stranger.  Tiffany became even more scared and told the stranger to run before its too late.

 

“Leave me here. Go away before you get killed.” Tiffany once again pleaded with the stranger.

 

Unfortunately, the stranger didn’t listen.  Before Jisuk’s men could even touch her, she attacked them bare-handed. She was so quick that they couldn’t even defend themselves against her attacks.  Even Tiffany was taken by awe.  After awhile, Jisuk’s men were pinned down again after the stranger threw some darts to their legs but Jisuk was nowhere to be seen. 

 

The stranger then made her way to Tiffany to help her up. Tiffany got up halfway until she saw Jisuk behind her savior with a knife.

 

“Watch out!” Tiffany screamed.  The stranger immediately turned around, grabbed Jisuk’s arm to get rid of the knife, and twisted his arm behind his back.  Jisuk stared in horror as the stranger pinned him down on the ground as she continued to twist his arm.

 

“Attacking someone from behind is a cowardly act…Jisuk.” The stranger spoke in a soft and serious tone to Jisuk before continuing “ Yeah. I know your name and I could do so many things to you right now with this knife but seeing that you’re already peeing in your pants, I guess I’ll let you go.  But remember this: If I see you again, I will cut off something you will miss! Understand?” The stranger demanded as she put the knife near his groin. Jisuk nodded his head with tears b in his eyes.  After seeing his compliance, the stranger let him go.  Jisuk and his men immediately ran away.

 

Tiffany then walked to the stranger. 

 

“You should call someone to pick you up. Go wait inside that restaurant over there.” Tiffany obeyed and immediately took out her phone. After the phone call, she turned around, only to find that the stranger was already walking away.

 

“Wait!” The stranger halted in her track as she heard Tiffany’s voice. Tiffany slowly made her way toward the girl.

 

“Thanks… for helping me. My name is Tiffany Hwang. What’s your-”

The stranger turned around allowing Tiffany to have a glimpse of her face. Tiffany realized that the stranger had long black hair, was shorter than Tiffany, but overall, was really beautiful. “Wow…she’s hot” Tiffany thought to herself.

 

 “My name’s not important. Be careful on your way home.” The stranger then continued walking, leaving Tiffany stunned and alone to ponder about her identity outside of the restaurant. After 20 minutes, her ride came.

 

*BEEP! BEEP*

 

Tiffany turned around to see a car approaching her.  Tiffany shielded her eyes from the bright light but she can still see a figure getting out from the car.  Before she knew it, she was being hugged.

 

“Tiffany! Are you ok? Where’s that jerk? I’m going to kick his-”

 

“Jessica! I’m ok! And Jisuk is gone too. We don’t have to worry about him.” Tiffany explained the situation to Jessica after realizing that Jessica was not satisfied with her short answers.

 

“So let me get this straight? A hot, flawless skin woman with a killer body helped you you and you don’t even know her name?” Jessica then screams.

 

“Jessie. Please don’t scream. Your dolphin shrieks will kill me. It’s worse than my injuries caused by Jisuk.

 

. “OMG! What happened to you is what will happen in a movie. But-Wow…I would like to meet her. She sounds awesome.” Tiffany laughed at her best friend’s reaction and childish antics. 

 

“Let’s go home.  I need as much rest as possible if I want to be awake for Hana’s party tomorrow.” Tiffany approached the car, followed by Jessica.  When they started driving home, Jessica began to tell Tiffany how her day went. 

 

“So you kicked her cart when it was clearly your fault? You should not have focused too much on your Ipad.” Tiffany asked after Jessica finished her story.  They have just arrived at their house.

 

“Don’t go against me too Tiffany. I’m already in a bad mood just thinking about that rude woman. I needed to make sure my work schedule was accurate so I brought my Ipad along during food shopping.” Jessica responded in an annoyed and agitated tone.  Tiffany kept quiet.  She knew better than to piss Jessica off. She is known as the ‘Ice Princess’ in the household for a reason.

 

When Jessica and Tiffany arrived, they were both greeted by Krystal’s icy glare.

 

“Where the hell did you guys go?! Oh my god! What happened?!” Krystal asked as she saw Jessica helping Tiffany up the stairs to her room.  Jessica retold Krystal about the Jisuk, Tiffany, and the woman when Tiffany got settled down on her bed.  Throughout the whole time Jessica was telling Krystal the story, Krystal kept making sound effects.

 

“Eek! Ahh! No way!!! And then what happened? ” Krystal asked after Jessica finished the story.

 

“Can you two leave now? I’m pretty tired. We’ll continue tomorrow.” Tiffany said to the two sisters as she rubbed her head. Jessica and Krystal apologized and made their way to their room after saying good night.

 

Alone, Tiffany once again found herself thinking about the mysterious woman who saved her. “Who is she?”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yo!Yo! Yo! ( pulling a Sooyoung now. Lol) So how was it???  Hope you guys liked it. I need to stop writing such long chapters huh? What do you guys think? Any suggestions about what I should write about?