Almost There

Princess With Two Mates
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leah stirred in her sleep making Kai and L both even more anxious for her to wake.  It had already been well over a day when the incident happened and she was still passed out.

Both brothers felt helpless seeing her in that kind of state. Both feeling somewhat responsible. Since neither of them stayed awake to keep watch. 

"Common we need to get going." Kai said gathering all of the things together. "Ill take her this time." He added picking Leah up in his arms. 

L nodded as he took the remaining bags out of Kai's hands and led the way. They decided to keep going, wanting to get far away from the Reavers as possible. 

Kai ran looking down at Leah face. and eyes twitching, as she slept. Kai wondered if she was having nightmares or if it was something else. Not know what else to do, Kai brought Leah closer towards his body. Which caused her twitching to subside.

L glanced behind him, seeing his brother right on his tail. "We are here." he said coming to a slow stop. 

Kai looked around, feeling the ocean breeze on his face and the smell of salt water taking over. 

"We should wait until she wake's before we leave for the Main Lands." Kai mentioned. He glanced at her then looked around for a safe place to let her rest. "We need to find shelter." Kai added looking at his brother.

L nodded and started running the area, searching for any kind of safe haven to rest. Soon after L came back to Kai leading him to a underground cave under a large tree. 

Kai gently laid Leah down on the soft ground, walking back out. Unfortunately the shelter was small only able to hold one person. Kai had a hard time getting in and out with Leah in his arms. So both Kai and L made camp beside the tree, keeping guard as she slept.

It was well passed midnight. Kai and L both awake, no one of them could sleep as you laid unconsciousness for the second night. 

It was silence between the two brothers. Both of them thinking what they should have done, blaming themselves for Leah's capture. 

"Can I ask you something?" L asked as he played with a stick. 

Kai didn't say anything, but waited to hear what his brother had to say. 

"Do you have feeling for Leah?" L asked taking his attention from the stick looking at his brother, waiting for his response. 

Again Kai didn't say anything. But his expression said it all. They way his body tensed and how he shifted his head to avoid eye contact. 

"You do." L said matter of fact. "So do I." L mentioned looking away. 

Yes, both brothers had feelings for the same girl. They both couldn't deny their feeling once they first laid eyes on her in the meadow. Or maybe through the dreams they had of her, before they personal met in the meadow. But one thing was clear for them. They didn't want to lose her. 

Never before had they felt any kind of attachment to any woman before. No Vampire women ever caught their attention. But why was it Leah, a werewolf that caught their attention? Why was she the one they couldn't live without? Why did they both have the same feeling towards her? 

"I will fight to win her affection. I won't lose to you brother." L said in a serious fern tone.

Kai didn't say anything for the third time. He doesn't want to lose to his brother either. Leah suddenly became the pearl he had been waiting for. And he wasn't going to give up to win her affection. He wanted her. He wanted her so badly that he was willing to forget everything. His friends, his home, even little Suzie if it meant he could be with Leah. 

L was thinking the same thing. He looked at his brother then back down, staring at the ants passing by. L cared for his brother, he always wanted to help him out, like how the ants work together through hard times. But just this once L wanted something and he was willing to fight to get it. 

"Myungsoo." Kai said in a deep tone.

 L kept his gaze down as he continued watching the bugs in the dirt. 

"I will not give up on her. But, if she happens to chose you, I will back off. But if she chooses me..." He said, waiting for L to finished. 

"I will." L answered. "But no hanky panky." L blurted. 

Kai instantly threw a rock at L's head. "Will you keep your ing voice down... And besides, your are the one with the dirty actions." Kai mentioned. 

L subconsciously nodded to his statement. "But who was the one that taught me." L rebuked with a cocky grin. 

Kai looked at his brother, his own cocky grin taking over. "But th

Please log in to read the full chapter