Her escape

Princess With Two Mates
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leah woke up on cue. She looked at her clock and smiled. Wide awake Leah got out of bed quietly, since she had guards right outside her door. Leah walked over to her closet, getting dressed into something comfortable. She then walked out grabbing her dagger, clipping it to her belt. Leah grabbed her cloak putting it on then grabbed her backpack putting it on, tightening the straps. 

Leah looked at all the paintings she painted earlier, smiling as she placed a letter down on her mother's painting. Leah knew it was a stupid idea to leave before everyone else. But she couldn't wait any longer and by the time they noticed she was gone she would be long gone. Leah had to find that cottage in her dream also the ones responsible for killing her cousin Tadd and Eddie, a respectable bodyguard who was one of her friends.

With everything ready Leah walked over to her balcony quietly. She stepped out looking down seeing two more of her guards watching down below. Leah shock her head and smiled as she began climbing upward. Now on the very top of the palace roof Leah walked in a straight line, towards the back where the huge rock wall.

Leah reached the end, she scanned down below and all around searching for any palace guards scanning the area. It was clear. She jumped on the wall digging her claws into the wall for support. Leah let go, sliding down the wall, she the bounced off back and forth between the Palace and the rock wall, escalating downward with ease. 

Once she made it to the bottom, Leah stepped out from the tiny space seeing the hole to her escape. She waited for the passing guard to search the area then leave before she ran to the hidden hole in the wall. She smiled as fitted perfectly inside the small space.

*At times like these I am glad I am tiny.* She thought crawling through the small tunnel reaching the other side. She reached a clearing, checking her watched she smiled in victory. Her escape only took her ten minutes, without anyone even noticing.

Leah ran away further away from the palace coming closer to the city. The streets were empty since everyone laid in the warm beds fast asleep. She passed through unnoticed, making her way further into the think forest.

 

Leah ran like she was being chased, she could already hear her father's loud roar of anger. She smiled knowing she got away and thanks to her own creation of the cloak it would be a lot harder for anyone to sniff her out. 

The sun was making it's way up over the large mountain, Leah paused for a minute, sitting on a rock she got out her maps and notebook. She would keep track of her travels. How far she went each day and also she would write down notes of her discovers. Leah looked at multiple maps showing all of the Werewolf territory also maps of the Vampire territory. Leah charted her quickest ways in and out of the major towns and cities. She studied her path a third time, satisfied, Leah placed all her belonging back in her bag and headed off when she heard a rustling noise up ahead. 

She crouched down low, she made her way closer to the noise to see who or what it was. Leah pulled her hood back a bit so she could be able to smell what was up ahead, once she locked on the scent she advanced knowing very well who the scent belonged to, Kai.

Leah spotted him, his back towards her. She watched as she got up from dismembering a poor creature, obviously getting rid of his evidence. Once he finished he paused, he slowly started to turn. That's when she acted. Leah launched herself forward, knocking him down with a huge thud. 

She rolled on top of him pulling her dagger out in a flash with her arm resting in the middle of his neck. He let out a loud growl making her add more pressure towards his neck. His eyes black as night, showing his fury. His razor sharp fangs budging out. But once he looked up and focused he relaxed, his fangs disappearing, his breath calm and even.

"What are you doing." He said with an irritated tone. 

"Shut up." she hissed. Adding more pressure to his neck.

"You seem upset, did I do something to bother you." He spoke with sarcasm. Which bothered her even more. Leah didn't like his tone and the fact that she probably knew what he was thinking.

To make him shut up even more Leah added more pressure down onto his neck as she leaned in coming closer towards his face. With her free hand Leah drew back her hood of her cloak reveling her angry expression. 

Leah could tell he found her anger a turn on with the small smirk he tried to hide a moment ago, but covered it up with his cold blank stare. Her breathing became irregular as she found her wolf wanting to take over. But she couldn't let that happen. Not yet.

She let out a blow of hot air before she began. "WHY WERE YOU IN THE TREES THAT DAY." She demeaned, loosening her grip a bit so he could at lease speak.

"Passing by." He said with a deadpan expression. 

"ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR KILLING MY COUSIN AND FRIEND?" She hissed angrily.

"No." He responded seriously. Leah couldn't honestly tell if he was telling the truth or not, she was very good at reading people but he was a different case, so was his is idiot brother. Leah decided to let it go for now. Since she was really searching for the killer at that moment. She just wanted to get as far away from her father as possible. Just as she was about to let go she caught a whiff of a second member. His brother.

Leah dodge his kick attack by ducking low in his second attempt she grabbed his leg twisting it to the left, di

Please log in to read the full chapter